Time Gate... Why?

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I think it’s stupid how there’s a daily achievement that you need to complete 15 times in each Year of the Ascension.

Does anyone else agree, or am I just crazy? :|

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

Welcome to “GrindWars 2: Just Another MMO”

Joking aside, I dislike timegates and as I’ve already stated/suggested in another thread, some of the achievements including this one can potentially create bad matches due to various reasons; AP hunters and backpiece grinders.

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

mrauls.6519

I think it’s a terrible achievement to have. It forces you to play at least 3 matches a day, which can help matchmaking queues, but this achievement shouldn’t be tied to progressing through Year of the Ascension. It makes progress lengthy in a way that’s not related to skill

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Many of the achievements either suck or are just overall detrimental to play, imo. However, how else could they have implemented “steps” to obtaining the legendary back piece that meets the standard they set forth? (Requires more than one season, but not necessarily more than 2. Obtainable by the average player, but still offers a modicum of prestige because more talented players can get it first/faster)

That’s an honest question. I’ve offered my suggestions before. Love to hear what others might like.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

mrauls.6519

Implement an achievement in part 4 that tracks how many seasons you’ve played in… boom.

Or just remove the darn achievement. Some players will get the backpack extremely fast… and that’s okay

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

(edited by mrauls.6519)

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I’m at year of asc IV but won’t get done in time because of that one daily, it’ll be at like 10/15 at the end of the season. :/

I have all the t6 mats and everything too.

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

mrauls.6519

I feel your pain Mightybird… I would have progress to part 4 by now, but that darn achievement is holding me back! It makes me upset because I know it’s not related to my skill

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The 15 day achievement, 1 division cross, and a 3rd profession specific win are what I need under asc IV. shrug So, I should have mine in after that 10 day “waiting period” next season. I’m not necessarily against removing that achievement, but I think something else should replace it.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

mrauls.6519

Something else should! It’s a terrible achievement

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

I think it’s stupid how there’s a daily achievement that you need to complete 15 times in each Year of the Ascension.

Does anyone else agree, or am I just crazy? :|

obv so you cant get the legendary backpack in a few days ? im sure someone would have no life that in one or two days, if there would be no timegate

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

mrauls.6519

What’s wrong with someone getting the legendary backpack so fast?

What I should say is, what’s wrong with completing all 4 of the achievements so fast? You still need to get three other gifts to complete the backpack.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

why should those who put effort into their goals be penalised for putting effort and playing the game ?

this whole if i cant have it you cant have it mentality people got is kittened up

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

mrauls.6519

Wait, what?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

What’s wrong with someone getting the legendary backpack so fast?

What I should say is, what’s wrong with completing all 4 of the achievements so fast? You still need to get three other gifts to complete the backpack.

imo nothing wrong with that, i hate every timegate content in gw2 but anet doesnt want you to rush through content in a few days and be done with it, they want you to login on a daily basis so the playerbase stays stable

and as far as i know you can buy everything for the other 3 gifts, so as long as you got a few hundred gold you could really make the backpack in just a few days , if there would be no timegate

Time Gate... Why?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I don’t have an issue with the time gate. If I had to get rid of an achievement, I’d pick the wins on 3 different classes one. That wrecks matches because of the rule that doesn’t allow you to drop divisions.