Time for Higher MMR=Higher Rewards?

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Is there any reason why higher MMR matches (and therefore higher skilled and more difficult) don’t give better track progression than lower ones?

(edited by bhagwad.4281)

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

that would to everyone else. If you want tournaments or something else reward based for better game play then you can argue that. Saying that people should get better rewards for being better for no reason is silly. Both groups bad or good que for the same matches and should receive the same rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

We should receive precursors for winning.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

that would to everyone else. If you want tournaments or something else reward based for better game play then you can argue that. Saying that people should get better rewards for being better for no reason is silly. Both groups bad or good que for the same matches and should receive the same rewards.

That doesn’t make any sense, every single other game offers better rewards to higher mmr, otherwise there is no reason to queue ranked (which is the case RIGHT NOW in gw2). The “reason” why they deserve better rewards IS BECAUSE they are better players. Did I get trolled?

In other news… maybe this is Anet, again, reinventing the wheel. Only this time instead of a square wheel they’ve made a tetrahedron wheel….

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

They don’t queue for the same matches. Higher MMR players get more difficult match ups against more difficult players.

And you must be joking right? Better players should get better rewards! That is why harder content has higher rewards. And playing at a higher MMR means you’re matched against harder opponents. Ergo, you should get greater benefits.

This is why higher level fractals give increased rewards. If you just started giving out the same rewards to everyone regardless of difficulty of content…there’s no use.

Players with higher MMRs have harder matchups. Hence, we deserve greater rewards. Otherwise, just abandon matchmaking and let me farm lower ranked players for a win ratio of 85% instead of forcing it to 50% as it is now.

(edited by bhagwad.4281)

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Well since MMR is invisible, that would make it a really odd suggestion at all.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

They can still program it in. They need not make MMR visible if they don’t want to. But we need some benefit of having more difficult match ups don’t we? The whole point of having rewards at all is to encourage people to do better. That’s why challenging content gives you better stuff. We need to correct this oversight in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

They can still program it in. They need not make MMR visible if they don’t want to. But we need some benefit of having more difficult match ups don’t we? The whole point of having rewards at all is to encourage people to do better. That’s why challenging content gives you better stuff. We need to correct this oversight in PvP.

No. The benefit of a higher MMR is to match with in games with similar players. That’s it. The value of being a better player, which is different than MMR, is to give you the chance to win in weekly cups / other tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: Redg.9807

Redg.9807

Good idea OP,
Limit the AP hunter farming too. 10/10

“Another testament to my greatness !”
Enid Asuran Trollz [Join] The Asuran Fanclub

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

No. The benefit of a higher MMR is to match with in games with similar players. That’s it. The value of being a better player, which is different than MMR, is to give you the chance to win in weekly cups / other tournaments.

Weekly cups/tournaments are not a good reason right now because nothing is automated. We need hundreds upon hundreds of tournaments happening everyday automatically without manual intervention for this to be a reasonable goal. Not some ad hoc stuff every week.

We all need some metric to measure how “good” someone is. For better or for worse, that metric right now is MMR. It used to be rank, which was redone. Flawed as it is, MMR formally depicts our skill at this point. It’s the best we have right now.

Matches with opponents who have a higher MMR are more difficult than random matches with random MMRs which will include lots of low skilled players. We need to be rewarded for having to play at a higher difficulty – it’s that simple.

GW2 is an MMO. Rewards for more difficult content is one of the cornerstones of an MMO experience.

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

No, high MMR que into tougher matcher with more competition (likely premade teams , using voice communication to strategize and what not)

Low MMR, you have matches ending in less than 10 minutes sometimes because of how lopsided one team could be

playing tougher competition and winning should result in better rewards than playing weak competition and winning.

This “same rewards” bull crap mentality needs to go.

No , everybody doesn’t deserve to be a freaking winner. You don’t deserve to get the same rewards as higher skilled people do.

With that weak mentality you would never strive to better yourself or improve.

get good, get rewarded, simple as that.

in PvP

Posted by: xemplifi.3524

xemplifi.3524

High MMR players do not queue against other high MMR players. How many of you even know how MMR and matchmaking work? If MMR calculation is flawed then, inherently, so are the matchmaking algorithms.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

with unranked/ranked spreading the players apart and not knowing what your own personal MMR is theres not way to know who should be getting better rewards. For instance what about the premade who has been sitting for 6 min to que and then 3 really good players are thrown against them and then the first 2 others who are average players. Is it fair for the average players to get less of a reward even though having to face better players?

So this happened to me about 2 weeks ago, i was queing in unranked and 2 games in a row i got to face 3/5 of the abjured with 2 solos and both times the team i was on was 2-1-1-1-1. They won 500-100 if we scored that much, i decided to que for ranked the next match and i faced APex Prime. Im not at there level, should i get less rewards for it?

This is why the rewards should stay the same, you dont know your MMR. You dont know your opponents MMR and you dont have any idea what the teams average MMR is. You cant kick and scream into the wind and expect to get something when the base things you need to decide this topic arent in place.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

with unranked/ranked spreading the players apart and not knowing what your own personal MMR is theres not way to know who should be getting better rewards. For instance what about the premade who has been sitting for 6 min to que and then 3 really good players are thrown against them and then the first 2 others who are average players. Is it fair for the average players to get less of a reward even though having to face better players?

So this happened to me about 2 weeks ago, i was queing in unranked and 2 games in a row i got to face 3/5 of the abjured with 2 solos and both times the team i was on was 2-1-1-1-1. They won 500-100 if we scored that much, i decided to que for ranked the next match and i faced APex Prime. Im not at there level, should i get less rewards for it?

This is why the rewards should stay the same, you dont know your MMR. You dont know your opponents MMR and you dont have any idea what the teams average MMR is. You cant kick and scream into the wind and expect to get something when the base things you need to decide this topic arent in place.

The fact that the MMR system doesn’t do a great job is no reason to not have higher rewards. In fact, having rewards will make the development team strive to improve their system.

For better or worse, MMR and matchmaking is what we have now. It might not operate perfectly or even well, but it’s Anet’s official stance that MMR is a measure of your skill – no matter how “off” that measurement might be. Whether MMRs are visible or not, the fact is that they exist and that Anet knows what those MMRs are.

They created the system which means that they think it’s good enough to put out in public. Which means they need to back that up with better rewards for higher MMR wins which they themselves have created.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

^^^^^ This literally makes no sense. You sound like you have a bigger problem with anet MM system as to actually looking for a better reward system for higher quality of play.

Your literally punishing every person who 1 either cant get to that level of play, new players coming into pvp, and any person who doesnt want to team up with other players. Some people like to casually play pvp because they enjoy the game. I personally have done far more solo ques then team ques. I dont think anyone should be penalized since they dont run premade teams that synchronize skills for bursts or team condi cleansing.

I personally feel there needs to be more in game things that ag/esl is doing but they are outside sources that a majority of PvP players in the hotm dont even know about. What your arguing looks like now just you complaining about the MMS and rewards instead of seeing all sides from the original post.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

^^^^^ This literally makes no sense. You sound like you have a bigger problem with anet MM system as to actually looking for a better reward system for higher quality of play.

Your literally punishing every person who 1 either cant get to that level of play, new players coming into pvp, and any person who doesnt want to team up with other players. Some people like to casually play pvp because they enjoy the game. I personally have done far more solo ques then team ques. I dont think anyone should be penalized since they dont run premade teams that synchronize skills for bursts or team condi cleansing.

I personally feel there needs to be more in game things that ag/esl is doing but they are outside sources that a majority of PvP players in the hotm dont even know about. What your arguing looks like now just you complaining about the MMS and rewards instead of seeing all sides from the original post.

So you’re saying if they also implemented solo q, you would be fine with higher MMR = higher rewards right?

in PvP

Posted by: IDICERI.4268

IDICERI.4268

Maybe they will reward us with a chance to get precursor to the main precursors’ once HoT expansion releases. This way we can build up to the main precursor and then legendary.

Example of implementation:

Choose a precursor reward track: sword/greatsword/staff/dagger/etc… (Passive track – can only be filled by wins, you should be able to do other reward tracks )

50 ranked wins = tier 1 precursor
100 ranked wins = tier 2 precursor
200 ranked wins = tier 3 precursor
400 ranked wins = tier 4 precursor

These should also have the option to be upgraded with mats to the next tier.

This will make pvp alot more rewarding and probably give people more incentive to pvp not just a particular group with high mmr. Just an idea I had.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Einstein

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Maybe they will reward us with a chance to get precursor to the main precursors’ once HoT expansion releases. This way we can build up to the main precursor and then legendary.

Example of implementation:

Choose a precursor reward track: sword/greatsword/staff/dagger/etc… (Passive track – can only be filled by wins, you should be able to do other reward tracks )

50 ranked wins = tier 1 precursor
100 ranked wins = tier 2 precursor
200 ranked wins = tier 3 precursor
400 ranked wins = tier 4 precursor

These should also have the option to be upgraded with mats to the next tier.

This will make pvp alot more rewarding and probably give people more incentive to pvp not just a particular group with high mmr. Just an idea I had.

It doesn’t really address the problem of everyone getting the same rewards regardless of match difficulty via average MMRs.

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

You are already rewarded for winning you are already reawrded for either capping or decapping however you are not being rewarded for tanking they should fix that instead as too the whole MMR thing. It would be hard to implement the way the OP wants it since you have to take the reward tracks in account. But it isnt really a matter of MMR it more of how well you synergise/mean for your team i mean dont get me wrong 1v1’s are fun but you never see them in higher ranked matches hence personal skill is pretty much non existing at that level (still above the average player ofc)

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

You are already rewarded for winning you are already reawrded for either capping or decapping however you are not being rewarded for tanking they should fix that instead as too the whole MMR thing. It would be hard to implement the way the OP wants it since you have to take the reward tracks in account. But it isnt really a matter of MMR it more of how well you synergise/mean for your team i mean dont get me wrong 1v1’s are fun but you never see them in higher ranked matches hence personal skill is pretty much non existing at that level (still above the average player ofc)

It shouldn’t be hard to implement. We can have a base reward track progression with a multiplier (either linear or geometric) to take into account the MMR.

And of course, a solo q would ensure that we don’t run into premades. I don’t think any experienced player overemphasizes the importance of 1v1s anyway.