Time for a serious PvP Change

in PvP

Posted by: Lukas.7159

Lukas.7159

Ok guys, (sry for bad english)

while we all know, nothing will change anyway for the next decades in pvp, im still so annoyed that i just had to open this thread.

Ask yourself: what keeps you playing pvp atm? Theres bad matchmaking, no ladder, absurd Q-times, even worse rewards, bugs that should be fixed YEARS ago and after the community literally screamed for new maps we get….pve kitten.

So how could we change this simply?

First thing: people always have the mentality to achieve something!

This means, we want to show how good (or bad) we really are.

Assuming you devs are working 40 hours/week as normal people, is it really that hard to find a solution how to make a good ladder where people can actually show their skill by climbing up? Im by far no IT-expert, but almost every other mmorpg can afford a working ladder, so why cant you?

Second thing: So we learned people want to achieve something.

But you completely broke that on April 2014 when suddenly rank80 was easy to achieve and ranks were nothing special anymore

My solution: Raise ranks to rank 100 (including new finishers) and, i pray for this, make it HARDER to get one rank! This is ridiculous, 4 out of 5 Hotjoin maps from the top list are rank farm maps…

Third thing: Phew, achievemens again, this wont just stop :<

My latest motivation in PvP was to get all 8 champ titles, now ive achieved this and im only missing champion brawler and the other achievement where you also need 10k wins (including hotjoin).

Well, a lof of us are achievement hunters that love to gain AP – even when we have to work for it

So i think its time for some new achievments, isnt it? First step would be a title for all 8 champ titles gained. Second thing could be….well thats something the community could bring ideas in :>

Fourth and last thing for now:

Listen more to the community! I repeat, listen more to us.

WE are the people that play YOUR game; you can trust me when i say it isnt a good strategy to keep the community mad about things you could change in a snap

When the forum gets flooded with threads that turret engi is op and it takes you like a fooking century to nerf it, there must be something wrong

Nowadays we can replace turret engi with rampage, mesmer, ele, fire/air and what-so-ever

Its hilarious how you guys try to buff a simple thing and then you push it over the limit so its way to op and then it takes forever till you correct your mistakes again and balance it in a normal, from the community accepted way.

[Good example is mesmer. You barely saw any mesmers in higher tier due to the fact, that they could easily be replaced by a DPS guard or anything else. Then you wanted to bring “balance” into the classes and look what you’ve done to mesmer now. In case you dont know the answer, just check the first site of the PvP sector on the forums and count the amount of “mesmers needs a nearf” – threads.]

Sometimes i wonder if you actually play your own game or test your changes before bringing a new patch out.

So basically thats it for now, ofc there are a lof more aspects like fixing MMR and such, but im not really into repeating hundreds of other threads about these themes.

Anet, give PvP more love and change it – now.

- regards

StereoElectro & Dance On M D M A

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

10/10 about all stated on this forum

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

I like this thread: constructive, direct and serious.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

If you were a dev working on gw2 for 50+ hrs a week you probably wouldn’t really enjoy spending your free-time playing the game either. Although the devs do seem to have a pretty solid understanding of the current metas. I think its best they base balance around the pro teams gameplay and not the forums, too many people on the forums are not very good at playing the game.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

If you were a dev working on gw2 for 50+ hrs a week you probably wouldn’t really enjoy spending your free-time playing the game either. Although the devs do seem to have a pretty solid understanding of the current metas. I think its best they base balance around the pro teams gameplay and not the forums, too many people on the forums are not very good at playing the game.

I like this forum cause OP was not claiming any balance change, but upgrading PvP itself

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: A Volcano.2510

A Volcano.2510

I think this would be fine as long as the reintroduced solo queue.

I miss solo queue….. sniff

in PvP

Lukas.7159

First of all, thx for the great feedback so far

well honestly doesnt working on the game also include testing ingame mechanics and so on? how else could they bring out a balance patches then? :p

but seriously, i wonder why it always takes sooo long till they react to the forums..

in PvP

Posted by: Zemarca.6218

Zemarca.6218

well honestly doesnt working on the game also include testing ingame mechanics and so on? how else could they bring out a balance patches then? :p

but seriously, i wonder why it always takes sooo long till they react to the forums..

I think Anet uses a form of agile development which is supposed to make development faster, but a lot of times it adds a lot of overhead to a process. The changes they want to make have to be organized in to releases with all the other project which are probably placed into 2 to 4 week sprints. Once in the WIP (work in progress), they probably use test driven development which from my experience is very slow and the automated testing that goes with it is not a good substitute for real testing. I am sure Anet uses real testers but probably not as much as they should.

Sorry if you like the agile process, in my experience out of the two instances (lasting over 5 years) I have seen it used it isnt as efficient as people say it is. Its probably good for website companies and such but not for large heavy development of a single product.

Just my assumption and opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Ask yourself: what keeps you playing pvp atm? Theres bad matchmaking, no ladder, absurd Q-times, even worse rewards, bugs that should be fixed YEARS ago and after the community literally screamed for new maps we get….pve kitten.

They should add encouraging rewards like legendaries to ladders, make them really show your skill not and not just how much you’ve grinded.
Seemingly easy bugfixes like mid-air immob or walls and floors that can be hit for 100% death shroud.
They could add 2v2, 3v3 sinlge-elimination rated arenas, no need to overcomplicate: just add a few bridges and pilalrs and done.
Stronghold as of now is too pve oriented and run back and forth with supply, but if you take these away from it it’s quite fun. Supplies should be able to be used without running back to your base. They should just remove the guards, archers, bombers or make them invulerable to players. The lord encounter is pretty fun as well as the heros. They should just make some major tweaks and it’s gonna be great

in PvP

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

Just because the devs don’t reply, does not mean they do not read, cry, and read the same created threads/posts back to back… Back to back.

Although ArenaNet should commit to having one person actually be a more open [allowed] voice to the community from the ArenaNet team.

And ArenaNet should invest in a PTR (Public Test Realm) or CTE (Community Test Environment) to test out changes before actual live release.

in PvP

Posted by: Ghoul.2084

Ghoul.2084

PvP is a burden for Arena Net thats it, nothing more..

They don´t Understand it ..

+ !! everything too the OP
Look at that Try Hard Balacing PvP with PvE its not Working and again.. they don`t Understand it.

PvP is a Core Element in a MMO it Keeps it alive and again.. they don`t Understand it

More funny than sad after
almost 3 Years xD who cares

in PvP

Lukas.7159

PvP is a burden for Arena Net thats it, nothing more..

They don´t Understand it ..

+ !! everything too the OP
Look at that Try Hard Balacing PvP with PvE its not Working and again.. they don`t Understand it.

PvP is a Core Element in a MMO it Keeps it alive and again.. they don`t Understand it

More funny than sad after
almost 3 Years xD who cares

exactly

in gw2 you can either play pve, pvp or wvw

normally you start of with pve, but after you’ve done all world bosses, dungeons, fractals, events, map completion etc several times you get bored really fast

then people hop into the competitive section and can enjoy it every time anew

so i dont really get it why anet has the weird philosophy that pve needs the most content and the competitive scene gets neglected each and every time

(edited by Lukas.7159)

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Except that the vast majority of the population plays mostly PvE and not PvP
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WyVFfM50DRzRIQxFRJ9_4F4FU6TN7UOZmm2bElchEkA/viewanalytics#start=publishanalytics

Plus, it’s precisely because people get bored playing PvE that they need to improve it.

Finally, the fact that a PvP-balanced game (because whether you believe it or not, the developers balance the game for PvP and not PvE) is not balanced for PvE is mostly a proof that the PvE is bad.

Also I want to say that I think the core specialization was great in many ways and is a much healthier base to improve on. It is still fairly new and they haven’t done any balancing yet. Or to be precise, they rushed into a few which were a bad idea and I am happy that they take their time instead of doing stupid nerfs (like nerfing to the ground some mesmer traits nobody complained over but keeping the “op” ones).

in PvP

Lukas.7159

Plus, it’s precisely because people get bored playing PvE that they need to improve it.

well and pvpers dont get bored after playing thousands and thousands games on the same 5 maps? why does pve gets a higher focus on than pvp?

I am happy that they take their time instead of doing stupid nerfs

no man, just no

its not that they take their time to optimize things, it just takes so long cause they dont care about pvp

after the balance patch we had several issues (like grenadier, symbols from guards etc) and it was horrible to fight against these op mechanics in pvp

it took them like 2 weeks to fix these, while several mesmer thingies were fixed like 1 day after the patch came out….why is this the case tho?

i am complaining that they clearly know whats going on (e.g. how rampage is truly overpowered as heck atm) and it will take months till they will react to the community

in PvP

Posted by: blizz.1043

blizz.1043

I think this would be fine as long as the reintroduced solo queue.

I miss solo queue….. sniff

me too T_T