Time for more Combos!

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Latsch.6874

Latsch.6874

A true gamer doesnt complain about good combos,

there is just the need to give EVERY class a deadly skill-trait-combo, THEN its balanced

just to point out the meaning of the word: COMBO!

You need to successfull land a long combination of skills without a fail to get your opponent down,

its not easy to land:
1. Steal
2. CnD
3. Backstab
4. Deatblossom
5+6. Heart Seeker

To get an opponent Down, 6 Skills to use without getting interrupted, routed, knocked down, imobilized, stunned, dazed …

If you dont manage to land 1 of those effects on your opponent, dont embarrass yourself on forums!

This game lacks of more good combos like this one and thats it.

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: dpcaldae.3068

dpcaldae.3068

I’m not sure what this thread is about, but you’re saying if a thief has stability up, they will automatically kill their target with 6 button clicks in under 2 seconds 100% of the time, and that people shouldn’t complain about that?

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Latsch.6874

Latsch.6874

thieves dont have stability skills / traits…
if they got the buff then only with teamwork and if you complain about that, then you need some teamwork too, someone to watch your back when you fight TEAMS as well

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

its not easy to land:
1. Steal
2. CnD
3. Backstab
4. Deatblossom
5+6. Heart Seeker

To get an opponent Down, 6 Skills to use without getting interrupted, routed, knocked down, imobilized, stunned, dazed …

Wow, sure looks complicated. You should try an average ele rotation sometime, it’ll blow your mind.

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

And thieves have no gap-closers … oh wait … :P
That combo took me no time to memorize … and you often can skip 4) even. That is 4 moves to kill someone … and you can restealth and do another backstab if needed.
As Jericho pointed out .. try out an ele. None are hard but thieves are most likely the easiest

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Gintoki.6405

Gintoki.6405

you can get stability actually used to use it . basilisk venom+runes of lyssa, gives you “cure all conditions grant all boons for 5sec” when use use basilisk venom, effect has a passive cooldown of 45sec, not bad…. not to mention it also gives alot precision and a random boon on heal.

Aurora glade [FURY] clan. Zetsu (zetsudai, zetsu mei, Zetsu Rounin)

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

The first 2 abilities can be used together from range, so you can’t really interrupt it. Now you are stealthed and behind the target to use 3. Number 4 is not necessary. So basically you can just stop the heartseeker spam. But dont even try to run away after because heartseeker is also a gap closer.

I dont have many problems with thieves unless they catch me off guard, so dont take this for a whine post. I just didn’t agree with this thread.

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

I thought this thread was going to be about combo field abilities. I’m terribly disappointed now.

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Kavia.8249

Kavia.8249

It would be cool to turn this thread into one where we discuss skill paths that do a lot of damage for the various classes! Here’s one for a mesmer using GS/S+P:

1. phantasmal berserker
2. mirror blade
3. dodge roll toward target to create clone with deceptive evasion
4. mind wrack
5. illusionary wave
6. weapon swap
7. magic bullet
8. phantasmal duelist
9. illusionary leap
10. dodge roll for clone + swap
11. blurred frenzy +cry of frustration

Kavia Kael
Champion Illusionist
Stormbluff Isle

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

I was expecting something about combo fields and finishers in here as well. Instead I have come in to look at the thief 4-6 skills that will kill anybody vs the mesmer 13 skills that should should kill any light and possibly medium target, maybe even a heavy that isn’t spec’d for bunkering.

I’d much rather see a thread talking about how to maximize the effectiveness of combo fields because I just don’t think there is enough awareness about them and their finishers.

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Start in Air Attunment:

1) Ride the Lightning
2) Updraft
3) Shocking Aura
4) Burning Speed
5) Ring of Fire
6) Earth Attunement Swap
7) Earthquake
8) Magnetic Grasp (For fire aura+swiftness/fury)
9) Churning Earth
10) Lightning Strike (Optional, some don’t use this but a lot do)
11) Air Attunement Swap
12) Ride the Lightning
13) Updraft
14) Shocking Aura
15) Fire Attunment Swap
16) Burning Speed
17) Dragon’s Breath
18) Firegrab

All of that is IF you aren’t being focused and have to go into Water attunement to heal up and/or CC a little bit and IF you’re not interrupted. MOST of the time this alone still won’t down your target unless they are a glass cannon or you are one yourself, in which case you’re not going to be taking on more than one person at a time. Stability also makes it way more challenging to pull off on top of CC’s. Also doesn’t account for dodge rolls using Evasive Arcana but I don’t use that trait anymore since the patch; it doesn’t work now anyway iirc.

No popping in and out of stealth or hiding amongst NPC’s. Just an Ele in his/her bathrobe out in the open with all the flashy spells to draw everyones attention.

And hell, I may even be missing a step or two since I don’t have it all completely down yet.

(edited by Chesire.9043)

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Junior.6571

Junior.6571

*Chesire – I agree with most of that rotation, however I change a few things up. But the idea is the same. Btw, I would consider about half way thru a cycle I’d go thru on a target.

Back to thread, I also was dissappointed. Thought this was going in a different direction.

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

A true gamer doesnt complain about good combos,

there is just the need to give EVERY class a deadly skill-trait-combo, THEN its balanced

just to point out the meaning of the word: COMBO!

You need to successfull land a long combination of skills without a fail to get your opponent down,

its not easy to land:
1. Steal
2. CnD
3. Backstab
4. Deatblossom
5+6. Heart Seeker

If you dont manage to land 1 of those effects on your opponent, dont embarrass yourself on forums!

This game lacks of more good combos like this one and thats it.

Well what i have understand from this post is; you arent a true gamer
you are quite yung
you want eazzy wins
you dont know your class
you have just enbarrassed yourself on the forum

… yea that is about it , bye bye

Time for more Combos!

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Axe/Mace Warrior combos can be more challenging to land. Just saying since you actually have to predict a stun break while landing an immobilize (Axe 3 and 10 points on tactics) to land another stun/knockdown.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?