Tips for killing ranger pet

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Hi I was 2 vs 1 ing a ranger today with my DH on PvP ranked.
We could not put his life bellow 33% and he was recovering 100% very easily while I was trying to control him.
The fight took 5 minutes easy. While he was easily surviving us his pet was putting me on very difficult situation.
I decided to try to kill the pet, but 2 minutes later the pet was still 100%. It was recovering so easily…I became mad.
What can I do ?
Thanks for the tip

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

Don’t try to kill the ranger pet, you will never succeed. If it was a druid you need to pressure the druid and watch for the 2 animations that actually do damage from the pets (the smokescale assault, and the bristleback f2 burst). Focus on avoiding both of those while pressuring the druid. Those are the only two skills that let a druid kill stuff. They usually happen right after the druid swaps their pet.

in PvP

Posted by: JordanJD.3209

JordanJD.3209

I agree with nighthawk in terms of trying to kill their pet. Bunk druids are hard to kill but a 2v1 should be able to do it unless you are getting kited around and actually not hitting him. What build do you run?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

The two current pets (smoke scale/bristleback) are pretty resistant to standard damage. (They have high toughness/evades) But they cave to aoe condi pressure.

This is gonna sound a bit wierd. But in my experience aoe burn guards and and other heavy aoe condi builds (like condi reaper if both you and the pet are in the ice/poison fields and he uses RS4) deal the mots reliable damage to my pets. Usually either forcing me to pet swap or making me try to cleanse the pet directly.

If the ranger is using signet of renewal STEADILY condi load the ranger and his pet at the same time if you can. He will either enter CA to drop condis or pop the signet. Sometimes if he doesn’t notice that teh pet is already loaded hel gib the pet at the same time. At the least it will force a swap.

Note im not gonna say this is GOING to work for you. But as a druid main these are the situations that my pet typically dies. Or the situations in which I watch someone elses pet die.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

I agree with nighthawk in terms of trying to kill their pet. Bunk druids are hard to kill but a 2v1 should be able to do it unless you are getting kited around and actually not hitting him. What build do you run?

I play the following build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAT8dn8cCVdiVDBmDB8DhlGiSe4X+oPL+uv87aY3yAA-TZBFABEcQAA4KAIeZABeAAyt/AA

in PvP

Posted by: JordanJD.3209

JordanJD.3209

I play the following build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAT8dn8cCVdiVDBmDB8DhlGiSe4X+oPL+uv87aY3yAA-TZBFABEcQAA4KAIeZABeAAyt/AA

looks like the meditrapper build, which should suffice for enough dps to kill a ranger 2v1 (depending on who was with you)

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

2016 ranger pet better bunker than guardian confirmed

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Give it up you can’t kill a ranger’s pet in-fact, you may die trying.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Good luck killing a Druid 1v1. If you reach them, they stealth. It’s on a 10 second CD and it’s extremely easy for them to refill their astral force with just passive healing.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

2016 ranger pet better bunker than guardian confirmed

As a somewhat Druid main. The sad fact is this is sooo true. LEL, Then you can get even more evil with the pet and give it two different taunts, and watch your enemy rage hardcore. Lol but I blame the Amulet system on this. In WvW 1v1 Druids are not nearly as bad unless you simply do not know how to play the game.

I’m actually going to revist my old Druid Taunt’A’Fool build, just to see how good or lackluster it is now. LOL

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

Only if you run into a remorseless druid with tiger its worth focussing pet. When you do, make sure you focus tiger right after he swapped to tiger. If he starts with tiger dont focus it, only focus when his swap is on cooldown.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

considering you only have 15 seconds to kill a stupid hp bag that is also getting supported by the druid himself with both the druid and the pet trying to kill you, yea no chance lol

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

Ranger/Druid has two pets, so killing one only means the backup pet will come into play.

When playing Ranger, I stay as far away from everyone as I can, using my Range to my advantage.

When playing against a ranger, regardless of class, I get in as close as possible and get off as much dps or condi as I can.

It works for me

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/