Tired of getting STUCK in walls

in PvP

Posted by: Sunset.5918

Sunset.5918

I will try to be as polite and constructive as possible… but with my 127 hours of gameplay I have been stuck in walls by push backs from rangers over 3 times in my ranked PvP Matches. If I leave I get dishonor for 15 minutes and if I stay I’m leeching and lose. It is frustrating to say the least…

Can you please change the /stuck emote to place you back to the spawn point with a recharge of 5-10 mins?

in PvP

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Yeah, it’s terrible. The maps are still in beta apparently.

Star Player
[KEK]

in PvP

Posted by: meinie.5037

meinie.5037

i actually tried to get someones points returned for the same thing i dont know if anything happend from it but i seen a post somewhere that said type /stuck and dont move at all you wil been rturned to your homepoint after some time without geting dishonorable

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

It’s not something that can be realistically fixed. It’s not a problem with the maps nor is a issue with the skills.

The problem occurs because of how videogames handle collision. Nothing in a 3d world is real. The game determines if objects are colliding by using math (remember high school geometry?) to see if the objects are intersecting each other.
However there is a issue with this. This collision check takes time, which means there is a gap of time between each collision check. Gamers sometimes refer to this as “tick rate”

People get stuck in the wall because the pull or push moves the player so fast that the player crosses the wall’s collision between the servers ticks. In other words the server is watching you, but the server blinks and during that blink you’s passed through the wall’s collision.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Mel.3064

Mel.3064

It seems to be a new problem, I never noticed so many people getting stuck than now.

in PvP

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Played against a guardian doing it on purpose yesterday. Would stuck people and call them “hackers” afterwards.

[HUE]

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

It’s not something that can be realistically fixed. It’s not a problem with the maps nor is a issue with the skills.

The problem occurs because of how videogames handle collision. Nothing in a 3d world is real. The game determines if objects are colliding by using math (remember high school geometry?) to see if the objects are intersecting each other.
However there is a issue with this. This collision check takes time, which means there is a gap of time between each collision check. Gamers sometimes refer to this as “tick rate”

People get stuck in the wall because the pull or push moves the player so fast that the player crosses the wall’s collision between the servers ticks. In other words the server is watching you, but the server blinks and during that blink you’s passed through the wall’s collision.

It can be fixed. It just isn’t a high enough of a priority. If we used your logic you would get stuck in the ground when you jumped off of things but you don’t. They weren’t as careful when they made the vertical.surfaces and people can get stuck in them.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

It seems to be a new problem, I never noticed so many people getting stuck than now.

I have almost 10k games played.

Pre HOT i could say i got stuck in a wall maybe 10-15 times. Not bad for 5-6 k games.

Since HOT i would say ive been in walls maybe 30+ times with around 4k games played.

I have not played a PvP match for over 2 months but with the amount of push-pulls they added and the speed of the game going up 10X. This was going to happen. Also Anet seems to push out big patches. For instance they barely touched WvW for years gave it a huge update with rewards/pips/ and some basic life improvement. PvP might had gotten it with the changes to kylo and sky hammer but to me it just made them worse.

I mean they straight gutted the identity of what sky hammer was and Kylo became baseline. My other complaints about it aside PvP is probably due for some basic life improvement or something new. Or i am completely wrong and they are only working on the expansion. So imo it might be 1-2 years till Anet really addresses the some the path way and building issues.