Tired of other people wasting my pips

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I am tired of people wasting my hard earned pips. I am not the greatest pvp player ever, so I fully understand if people cannot use the full potential of their class or just want to play different classes for the achievements. But here are some easily avoidable stupid mistakes.

1) Rotate around your camera when leaving a point so you do not loose it 3 seconds later due to bad awareness of your surroundings.
2) Do not fight off point for no good reason. (eg getting a buff on the kodan map)
3) Do not fight at 3 points at the same time, it is a recipe to getting a loss.
4) Know the buff spawn times on the kodan map (Meditation of Stillness (center) — Your team receives double points for each captured point. Comes at 11:30, 8:30, 5:30, and 2:30. The buff is effective for 25 ticks.; Meditation of Tranquility (north, underground) — Captures all three points for your team, launching foes out of the capture point. Comes at 8:30 and 2:30.) and consider if it is worth going for them. Unless you are already dominating they are often key to winning the map.
5) Do not go afk for whatever reason, unless its already like 450-200 there is still a good chance to win.
6) Watch the minimap to see if someone is calling for assistance or other information.
7) Do not run solo into 2-3 people defending a point. Let them camp there and go for another objective. You will just gift them points and your presence will be missed elsewhere.
8) Do not waste your time to fight bunker builds camping on a point. Holding two other objectives should be enough to win.
9) If you have absolutely no idea which builds are good check metabattle.com. It has a lot of builds considered great / meta.

If you try to follow these points, you can be useful to your team without being good in playing your class.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

1) Unless someone stealth caps it by watching you leave and sprinting when you are gone.
2) Unless you know your team can handle the other 3 players and are thus holding 2 enemy players off point by your lonesome.
3) Unless you are a VERY good Thief and know you can cap the fight you are on, decap that, bounce into both the other fights etc etc.
4) Fully agree. Its like hunting season when a tertiary objective spawns. I usually get 20-30 points for my team murderizing people in that time.
5)What if all my players have 0 clues how to play pvp?
6) Yes. This. So. Much.
7) Unless you are a full bunker and your team is about to party time the other 2 points. Then your lost 5 outweight your gained 10+.
8) Yep.
9) Or create a build that you can play on a class you know extraordinarily well. My homemade builds work for me better than any meta I have tried. I have a curious playstyle.

Just thought I’d have some fun =P

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

9) Or create a build that you can play on a class you know extraordinarily well. My homemade builds work for me better than any meta I have tried. I have a curious playstyle.

Just thought I’d have some fun =P

Love this last point. But it would be nice if people do like I’m doing and run meta builds when they are ranking with an unfamiliar class(I want the 5 per class achievs). I have several classes I can play very well and always did my own thing with, but those not on that level I just run meta and good to go.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

good tips!
thanks for sharing !

in PvP

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Yes, all good tips. Just one thing, the title of the thread is killing it.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Yes, all good tips. Just one thing, the title of the thread is killing it.

I think the title is perfect, because it feels like a majority of losses are a result of these things. I rarely have the feeling a game got lost because the other team played their classes more skillfully.

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Thought it would turn out all rage and salty, but it is indeed very constructive and yet humble post. Thanks for sharing.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Good tips…but I doubt they’ll really impact the people you’re aiming this towards with that title…

in PvP

Posted by: Shinobi.3240

Shinobi.3240

Another really important pro tip:

• Always rage at the thief. If you play poorly its his fault.
  • No matter what happens, how bad you play your new meta prof.
  • Rage at the thief! Do it!
  • You copy pasted a build from metabattle so you are for sure not the one to blame.
  • No thief around, warrior is a perfect victim too.

Esportz!!

Shinobi Sicarius [ Thief / Lvl: 80 / PvP Rank: 250+]
[5/8 Champion Titles – Legendary Division] [19k+ AP]
[BEER – Dungeon Riders – Desolation]

in PvP

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

7) If there are 3 people on a point even if there are three of you heading there it’s probably best to go to another point as it has at most 2 people and probably only 1.

Also don’t queue as a warrior.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Good tips…but I doubt they’ll really impact the people you’re aiming this towards with that title…

The target audience probably does not visit the pvp forum anyway, so title doesnt matter