To Devs: Optimize Graphics Performance on PVP maps

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Since the arenaNet devs are all probably playing on $2000 computers, I wanted say that with a lesser computer there are certain times when frame rates are low (15-20) in pvp maps.

Smooth gameplay is especially important in PVP, so when even though the artists may be really excited to make a beautiful map, it is more important to have steady frame rates in PVP.

To attract many PVP players, the PVP maps must be able to perform smoothly with the average computer.

(edited by gwawer.9805)

in PvP

Posted by: interferenz.8739

interferenz.8739

hu? I’ve never heard that someone has fps problems on the pvp maps. There are max 16 players.

You can’t expect that a game in the year 2012 runs smooth on a 8yo computer.

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

I know on my wife’s computer (whose specs are right around the minimum for running GW2) there’s no issues with framerates in sPvP, even with graphics set higher than they probably should be.

in PvP

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

I know on my wife’s computer (whose specs are right around the minimum for running GW2) there’s no issues with framerates in sPvP, even with graphics set higher than they probably should be.

You’re just the little fanboy aren’t you. Unless she’s playing 800×600 there’s no way min specs don’t stutter with all the effects

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

in PvP

Posted by: ZombiesTT.3619

ZombiesTT.3619

20fps is totally playable.

in PvP

Posted by: theonewhoknocks.8641

theonewhoknocks.8641

Rain and treb shots in Khylo are real FPS downers. I mess up the shortcut jumps to clocktower a lot due to <20 FPS.

in PvP

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

um im running a average computer, and I generally never drop below 40 FPS in spvp…now if u were talking about wvw i could understand but they cant optimize that any more then it is lol…Maybe try turning your settings down? or post what you consider a “average” computer…because if ur running a single core, 256 card/2GB ram and expecting high performance in pvp…im sorry? aint gonna cut it no matter what Anet does

in PvP

Posted by: Yinn.6507

Yinn.6507

Running on 2009 Bootcamp-ed iMac, 20-40fps. Playable.

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

try playing tera lol…

that kitten is broken without an EXTREME high end machine

gw2 is fine buy a new pc… and btw 20-40 fps is NOT playable

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

try playing tera lol…

that kitten is broken without an EXTREME high end machine

gw2 is fine buy a new pc… and btw 20-40 fps is NOT playable

20 fps gets jittery but 40 fps is completely playable.

And I have the same issue as a former poster mentioned only in certain situations with lots of treb shots.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

anything above 30 fps is more then fine if you have a low latency to support it. Below 30 fps the human eye will see the frames for to long to look fluid in the brain and it will start lagging yeah

I dont really get the fps problem though. got a avarage laptop i bought 2 years ago for about 700 euros. I pvp on 1080p with all the graphical settings on max except for shadows, shaders and post procession settings and have 45-60 fps. In pve i yust put everything on max and still have 40-50 fps

though ofcourse alot of stuff can change the fps, could be a certain gpu not working 100% well together with gw2, a driver interfering or not optimised for the gw2 system, a certain application lowering your performance while playing gw2. Seen people with high-end pcs who still get low fps due to certain cards or drivers.

Kyhlo is the most demanding map due to the rain etc. yes, but if you have anything above the minimal specs and play with everything on the lowest setting, i would surely imagine it should run without real lag. Quite weird youre having problems with it since in my opinion gw2 doesnt even require that much, before the betas i didnt even think my laptop would be able to run GW2 :P

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

You’re just the little fanboy aren’t you. Unless she’s playing 800×600 there’s no way min specs don’t stutter with all the effects

She’s playing in 1920×1080 with most things set to “medium” or the equivalent. Shadows, reflections, and post processing are set to minimum or off. In sPvP she gets 20-40 fps with those settings on an Athlon 64 X2 4800+ and GTS250.

But you’re just the little halfwit crybaby who can’t comprehend the real world doesn’t work like the silly imaginations in your head. It’s also great that you let us know you don’t know how to read.

in PvP

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

I play on a netbook

A -netbook-

That’s how easy it is to run this thing

in PvP

Posted by: Shilian.5873

Shilian.5873

1200 euro pc brought last year, running all on max setting and the lowest fps was 27 on a huge zerg in on WvW.
I’m sorry mate but this game is not that hard to run.

Tera broken without an EXTREME high end machine?
ah ah..try secret world.

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

My specific set up runs this game perfectly. Therefore it must run perfectly on every other set up.

^ Logic.

in PvP

Posted by: Xaximbo.2763

Xaximbo.2763

I have a 2’4ghz quad core 4 gb DDR2 800mhz RAM and a nvidia 9500gt (1gb) (80$ i believe) i play tpvp fine with mid-low settings.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

20 frames is amazing to me, of course I did spend a year playing almost any game on 5-10 fps

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows