To those who say "Don't Go Far"

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

The magic of a decap engi (screenshot attached) – this was in team q but were were a pug. The opponents were all 40-60. Granted, they didn’t have much damage or I would have surely died (and two mesmers stealthing all the time definitely helped me get the cap), but they wasted so many resources defending their close (our far), that we got the remaining two points the whole game.

Moral of the story. Going far to counter and divert the enemy’s resources is a perfectly valid strategy. Especially if you can be assured of a decap. You don’t need to kill the guy on point, you don’t even need to cap it. Just decapping it for 10 seconds or so and they dying is a good enough value addition to your team to make you worth it.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

“Rotate if they zerg”

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

The magic of a decap engi (screenshot attached) – this was in team q but were were a pug. The opponents were all 40-60. Granted, they didn’t have much damage or I would have surely died (and two mesmers stealthing all the time definitely helped me get the cap), but they wasted so many resources defending their close (our far), that we got the remaining two points the whole game.

Moral of the story. Going far to counter and divert the enemy’s resources is a perfectly valid strategy. Especially if you can be assured of a decap. You don’t need to kill the guy on point, you don’t even need to cap it. Just decapping it for 10 seconds or so and they dying is a good enough value addition to your team to make you worth it.

To counter the cries of, “do not go far” you provide proof evidenced by decap engi….GG

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Decap engi……….

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

More proof that this needs to be nerfed.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

So because you held far as decap engi against bad team it is OK that warriors go to farpoint and die 5 times because “they so OP and kill errything”?
Is this just to brag or you really dont understand how incompetent player going far point is bad for team?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

So because you held far as decap engi against bad team it is OK that warriors go to farpoint and die 5 times because “they so OP and kill errything”?
Is this just to brag or you really dont understand how incompetent player going far point is bad for team?

You and the OP are both arguing the extreme cases. The actual answer is somewhere in the middle. Far point should be pushed depending on what is going on in the map. Teams need to adjust strategy based on what is happening.

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

You and the OP are both arguing the extreme cases. The actual answer is somewhere in the middle. Far point should be pushed depending on what is going on in the map. Teams need to adjust strategy based on what is happening.

I don’t believe people are saying don’t go far. More of the complaints are centered around pushing far after you have just secured home and mid. What typically happens is someone pushes far and another trickles over to help. Those two get wiped and then you lose mid.

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Decap engi justifying the spec and what it does.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: Stealthasaur.2198

Stealthasaur.2198

The real issue is pushing far at the start of a match. Its perfectly fine if you have the team comp for it (at least two heavies going mid at the start) but if you push far at the start and your team gets wiped at mid, even if you won far, you literally did nothing because the guys from mid are going to wipe you while your teammates respawn.

Knowing when to push far is important, otherwise youre better just winning the mid fight and decapping far before the other team can respawn.

in PvP

Leeto.1570

You should always tell people not to go far. Why? Because bad players think they will be cool lone wolfs and gonna carry team by going far and either fighting 1v1 without decapping or just die.
Once player has played enough this game he will understand himself when to go far and when not and noone will ever tell him “dont go far” because every time he goes there it will either get decapped, fully capped or he is gonna kill someone.
But please kitten dont encourage new players to go far cause people dont deserve to loose million times till someone learns when to go far and when not.
Same with these “decap engi so OP”, you even know how many decap engis i kill on daily basis that think they are gonna be white knights and carry their team by going far? Do they understand that they will not get far after i kill them and help their team on other point? No they just go and die on far 5 more times.

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

You should always tell people not to go far. Why? Because bad players think they will be cool lone wolfs and gonna carry team by going far and either fighting 1v1 without decapping or just die.
Once player has played enough this game he will understand himself when to go far and when not and noone will ever tell him “dont go far” because every time he goes there it will either get decapped, fully capped or he is gonna kill someone.
But please kitten dont encourage new players to go far cause people dont deserve to loose million times till someone learns when to go far and when not.
Same with these “decap engi so OP”, you even know how many decap engis i kill on daily basis that think they are gonna be white knights and carry their team by going far? Do they understand that they will not get far after i kill them and help their team on other point? No they just go and die on far 5 more times.

You kill them with what exactly?

in PvP

Leeto.1570

I play power necro mostly in soloque, and bad decap engi is kitten easy because most of my burst is autoattack, ye i need 2nd player to kill good decap engi but bad ones who just randomly dodge around are super easy.
The d/d power spec i play really counters decap engi, getting him to 25% is quite easy with unblockable chill + immobilize + corrupt boon, and then when he is immune to condis i just finish him with either my autoattack or my 2 channeled burst attack.
Only way he can survive me is with good timed dodges and knockbacks but very few engis actually know how to play it.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

A decap engi just needs to keep a point decapped for around 10 seconds before dying. That alone is enough to be worth it.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

A decap engi just needs to keep a point decapped for around 10 seconds before dying. That alone is enough to be worth it.

curious to know your math on that

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Minimum-Time-to-Live-for-Decap-Engi/

Actually 10 seconds is pushing it. More like 5 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

I play power necro mostly in soloque, and bad decap engi is kitten easy because most of my burst is autoattack, ye i need 2nd player to kill good decap engi but bad ones who just randomly dodge around are super easy.
The d/d power spec i play really counters decap engi, getting him to 25% is quite easy with unblockable chill + immobilize + corrupt boon, and then when he is immune to condis i just finish him with either my autoattack or my 2 channeled burst attack.
Only way he can survive me is with good timed dodges and knockbacks but very few engis actually know how to play it.

Ahh, but still you can kill almost all classes if they are bad (with a few exceptions).

Will try d/d istead of d/warhorn, can you PM me the build please?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

yep after 6 seconds you’re already giving your team an advantage plus decap engi has no real counters, someone can just keep up longer than some others but everyone is eventually going to be decapped if the engi is just decent (Even more on points with no fences or at clocktower, worst of all along with mine) Decap mechanic isn’t broken on its own…decap engi is broken cause has no real counters and 90% of the times the only thing you can do is running a decapper in your team too (To keep the situation balanced) or backupping close killing him 2v1 (And it still takes time since decappers are usually bunkers) while being outnumbered on other points. He doesn’t need to kill, he doesn’t need to survive after decap..once you lost your point he already won, just respawn rinse and repeat..you can recap it after killing him and he’ll be back in seconds again..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

Ahh, but still you can kill almost all classes if they are bad (with a few exceptions).

Will try d/d istead of d/warhorn, can you PM me the build please?

Forget d/d, run d/f…the burst is so much larger, plus you can strip stability.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Minimum-Time-to-Live-for-Decap-Engi/

Actually 10 seconds is pushing it. More like 5 seconds.

OK so there is no math. Sorta what I thought.

Whatevs, carry on…

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Elephantitas here:

MATH FOR DECAP SURVIVAL:
Alright so with over 130 hours on decap engi I can say the following:
Lets assume they don’t have a thief. For MANY reasons I wouldn’t generally play decap against a team with one, unless they are bad.

It will take them slightly less time to rotate home as it takes you to get their. Around 5-10 seconds depending on map.

Decap takes 5-35 seconds (35 being worst case scenario) average is easily 10-15 seconds.

It’ll take them ~ 10 seconds to recap point + 10-15 to get to mid fight (else it is still 4v4)

+ the 5 points from your death. ( 10 seconds to make up for it)

15s respawn.

Lets give an example:

Ranger goes from mid to their home as you go from spawn to far.
If he ties you to the point he gained ~ 5 second advantage at mid.
10-15 second decap.
Your death points:5 (10s)
Your respawn time:(15s)
You need to equal out at 40 seconds. BUT
It takes them 10~ seconds to cap point back.
It also takes another 10~ seconds to walk back to mid.
So you need 20 seconds on a decap point to equal it out. But that is 1v1, which as long as you don’t fight a thief you should ALWAYS win.
1v2 is even better

just be aware that if your entire time just got wiped there is NO reason you should push far to die 1v4 in 5 seconds lol.

There are some variations but thats the general goal. And I can say it is very very very easy to achieve that. Anyone with understanding on rotations, and know how to LOS can easily succeed in carrying a team with decap,
Why is that bad?

Because at best they can’t far assault any better than you. So you are guaranteeing a tie for side points.

INB4 they can kill your home point, given enough time yes… But same thing for my full cap which is same exact thing.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

If there was an actual pvp community these “mistakes” would have been found immediately after they were born. And then given their pace on fixing things everybody would leave again..
Quite frankly this pvp thing in gw2..couldnt have ended any other way than what it is now.There is no professionalism from their part. They dont know even what they are building.Spvp is just like a side minigame..

in PvP

Pyriall.5027

If there was an actual pvp community these “mistakes” would have been found immediately after they were born. And then given their pace on fixing things everybody would leave again..
Quite frankly this pvp thing in gw2..couldnt have ended any other way than what it is now.There is no professionalism from their part. They dont know even what they are building.Spvp is just like a side minigame..

That’s what happens when your full staff consists of 5 people.