ToL 3.

ToL 3.

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

Personally,

I thought this would’ve been a great way to start the expansion off if it were to have been released before this tourney. The prizes would be a lot more unique and valuable, which would give people more incentive to win crafting materials towards their legends, due to legends no longer being sellable. That’s just my opinion though, anyone else agree?

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

(edited by lilz shorty.1879)

ToL 3.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

We don’t even know how far down the road is and seeing as it’s a year later since the first one, I could only hope we have more in the future. Can’t believe someone on a team that can actually place first in this isn’t excited for it.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

ToL 3.

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

We don’t even know how far down the road is and seeing as it’s a year later since the first one, I could only hope we have more in the future. Can’t believe someone on a team that can actually place first in this isn’t excited for it.

There will be more but it would’ve just made more sense to do it this way I think. Sadly, I also don’t care about the same legends that most of us have 3 of already lol.

“Best Guardian NA”

ToL 3.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I’ll get excited when they announce automated tournaments.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

ToL 3.

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

Sadly ToL will never happen again. They have ESL on Sundays and those amateurs on Thursdays to organise the tournaments.

-_-. Just facepalm……

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-third-tournament-of-legends-pvp-tournament/

“Best Guardian NA”

ToL 3.

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Sadly ToL will never happen again. They have ESL on Sundays and those amateurs on Thursdays to organise the tournaments.

Lol what? It’s on a Saturday and it’s happening. How could it not happen again?

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

ToL 3.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If turrets are not nerfed by then, I propose we rename the first 3 rounds to “tournament of turrets.”

ToL 3.

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Radioactive will be thr <3

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

ToL 3.

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

Radioactive will be thr <3

Sweet! Cant wait to see yall again!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

ToL 3.

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

Personally,

I thought this would’ve been a great way to start the expansion off if it were to have been released before this tourney. The prizes would be a lot more unique and valuable, which would give people more incentive to win crafting materials towards their legends, due to legends no longer being sellable. That’s just my opinion though, anyone else agree?

Fantastic idea first and foremost. As you know, running this ToL wouldn’t necessarily rule out a future ToL. Not sure what the future holds but its a bright one for sure for GW2 pvp which is why DPS is so excited to continue serving the community we love. Our goal with ToL3 is to encourage the participation of newer teams and give players a chance to win prizes even if they’re not one of the top 10%. There hasn’t been a tournament like this since ToG obviously so we are pumped to see what new faces show up to play in this event!

Come down to Aldie this summer and see me and Heurix man!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

ToL 3.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

If turrets are not nerfed by then, I propose we rename the first 3 rounds to “tournament of turrets.”

Name 2 teams that run turrets in tourneys!

Impossibruuuuuu

[SoF]

ToL 3.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Impossibruuuuuu

Well in a 64 team pool, you will get a lot of low-level teams, even PvE teams that will run turrets or else lose to turret teams b/c they lack to group skill AND coordination to beat them. Unless its nerfed before this tourney, expect turrets to dominate the early rounds.

Turrets are the easiest, lowest-skill floor build to play, and require a rather high skill on the other team’s part to beat. Heck, Apex was barely able to handle SNP running 2x turret engies, and only won thanks to a major mistake on SNP’s part. Lower level players will see this and hop on the turret-train straight to llama town.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

ToL 3.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Impossibruuuuuu

Your team does.

Also, whatever argument people have for turrets right now, it does not change the fact that it’s braindead and takes no skill. Same goes for slickshoes, gear shield, z-axis teleports on d/d ele, etc.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

ToL 3.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Impossibruuuuuu

Well in a 64 team pool, you will get a lot of low-level teams, even PvE teams that will run turrets or else lose to turret teams b/c they lack to group skill AND coordination to beat them. Unless its nerfed before this tourney, expect turrets to dominate the early rounds.

Turrets are the easiest, lowest-skill floor build to play, and require a rather high skill on the other team’s part to beat. Heck, Apex was barely able to handle SNP running 2x turret engies, and only won thanks to a major mistake on SNP’s part. Lower level players will see this and hop on the turret-train straight to llama town.

Except people have been saying this for months and it’s never happened.

@BlackTruth—woo one team in tournaments. That being said we only run it because it’s a direct counter to bruiser classes aka the cele meta. With it no longer being viable post-nerf we’ll just run something else non-meta.

[SoF]