ToL2 Signups/Discussion

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

Blog Post With Rules/Dates (Please read before signing up!)

Direct Link to Signups

Any questions people have I can try to answer them as well. Let the games begin.

Adding a Common QA section from stuff im often getting through tells and PMs:

• Q: Do we have to play in all four weekends?
  • A: Nope, teams are only going to play in one of the qualifier weekends and the finals for teams that make it that far.
  • Q: Can we change rosters?
  • A: Yes, but only until July 7th, after this its locked in and NO changes will be allowed.
  • Q: Do we get a confirmation email?
  • A: Nope, the next time you will be contacted (unless there is an issue) will be to confirm your play date after we have sorted that out.
  • Q: Are there any reserved seats/byes being given to teams?
  • A: At the moment no, signups are first come first serve (by first date preference). Individual qualifiers will be seeded by MP.
  • Q: Will Asurans/Legendaries be banned from this event?
  • A: No they will not.

JUNE 30TH UPDATE

Signup form will remain open until 11:59PM PDT on June 30th (Today). This translates to 2:59AM EDT and 08:59 CEST on Tuesday Morning. Make sure you have your team’s signup submitted by this time as NO submissions will be accepted past this time.

As a reminder teams may still request roster changes until July 7th by emailing me at john@mistpedia.net with the appropriate information.

RSVP Emails will be sent out to invited teams over the course of the 30th-31st. Make sure you check your inbox for this and respond to it ASAP!

If you do not get an email in the first round do not be disappointed! We are expecting a decent number of teams to decline their invitation and more waves of emails will be sent out pending any declines.

More information on the brackets and play day procedures along with scheduling, casters, and locations of ToL2 streams will be coming soon, Stay Tuned!

JUNE 30th UPDATE 2

The First Wave of Invitations has been sent out to NA Players. EU invitations will be sent out a little bit later as we are still sorting out the last few spots. The following NA teams need to contact me either in game or through email as the email they had listed was invalid

• Everything Podinzar

JULY 1ST UPDATE

The first wave of European Invites have been sent. The following teams need to contact me due to invalidated emails.

• Ministerium für Zeitgeist
  • Vendetta Resurrection
Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

(edited by BLUna.7928)

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Are roster changes allowed after submission up until the tournament?

Magumer Ranger

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Are roster changes allowed after submission up until the tournament?

July 7th is the last day for changes, can be done by emailing me (john@mistpedia.net)

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Can the team name be different from guild name? I’m thinking yes but wanna make sure

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: jsu.4370

jsu.4370

joO Binder signed up

Jsu – joO Binder
http://www.twitch.tv/jsudesign/

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Puma Carry Squad signed up.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Brix.8461

Brix.8461

Can the team name be different from guild name? I’m thinking yes but wanna make sure

AFAIK guild name doesn’t matter one bit.

Global Social Media, ESL
http://eslgaming.com

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Penguin.5197

Okay so in the registration it has for first qualifiers July 12 (NA) / July 13 (EU) and on the newspage its Europe: July 12, 2014 at 10AM PDT (17:00 GMT)
North America: July 13, 2014 at 10AM PDT (17:00 GMT). I think theres a mistake somewhere

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: KarsaiB.9475

KarsaiB.9475

We’re back.

55 HP Monks signed up.

55 HP Monks // Random scrubadub

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Okay so in the registration it has for first qualifiers July 12 (NA) / July 13 (EU) and on the newspage its Europe: July 12, 2014 at 10AM PDT (17:00 GMT)
North America: July 13, 2014 at 10AM PDT (17:00 GMT). I think theres a mistake somewhere

Just fixed this, sorry for any confusion, dates on the blogpost were correct.

Yep that’s fine

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Penguin.5197

Fyi error is still there lol

Attachments:

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Fyi error is still there lol

fixed. Forgot to fix the dropdown box.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Sharks With Lazers signed up

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Was there meant to be a confirmation email that the submission was sent?

Magumer Ranger

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

No pax, idk guys if there not gonna do something for there community and just give stuff they can make infinite of to pvers i think its the nail in the coffin

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

I hope more people put that they signed up so others can read it like it makes a difference as to whether or not they’ll sign up.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

from the above replies, i can see a lot of high ranking and experienced players have signed up.

BLU,
may i know how are the qualifying matches arranged?

simply randomly or?

thanks!

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

To break the big names here…
The in the world of PvP unknown guild “The Clubbing Seals” signed up…

If we make it past the prelims even, I hope none of us crash at the start again, so that we can at least make somewhat of a name >.>

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

To break the big names here…
The in the world of PvP unknown guild “The Clubbing Seals” signed up…

If we make it past the prelims even, I hope none of us crash at the start again, so that we can at least make somewhat of a name >.>

hey, at least you have lots of team arena experience!
http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/GoogleBrandon5073

my team does not have that many games of team arena experience but we signed up anyway.

casual team Choo Choo Train Volution [CCTV] here by the way.

hopefully in our first match we get paired up with a team with similar skill and experience level so the odds would be at least 50-50

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

my team does not have that many games of team arena experience but we signed up anyway.

hopefully in our first match we get paired up with a team with similar skill and experience level so the odds would be at least 50-50

Thanks for the recognition, though I am far from a pro player…
Our team also realises that there is a huge possibility for us to get completely owned against other teams, as we had when we fought against Cheesemode some months back, and I Love Lunch a day after the tournament… Granted, losses like these made us try and improve on a daily basis, though sadly and imho not enough with the team itself…

We are in it to try and win it, sure, but it is mostly because of the experience and hopefully to get us somewhat more familliar as a team… We hoped to get somewhat further last time, but an illl timed DC made us lose after a huge lead… We expect less of that now, since the DCs mostly occur right after big patches…

Also, if you are an EU player, and want to practice on a team, then whisper me ingame… We also need the practice a lot, so we can at the very least help one another with improving our game

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Thanks for the recognition, though I am far from a pro player…
Our team also realises that there is a huge possibility for us to get completely owned against other teams, as we had when we fought against Cheesemode some months back, and I Love Lunch a day after the tournament… Granted, losses like these made us try and improve on a daily basis, though sadly and imho not enough with the team itself…

We are in it to try and win it, sure, but it is mostly because of the experience and hopefully to get us somewhat more familliar as a team… We hoped to get somewhat further last time, but an illl timed DC made us lose after a huge lead… We expect less of that now, since the DCs mostly occur right after big patches…

Also, if you are an EU player, and want to practice on a team, then whisper me ingame… We also need the practice a lot, so we can at the very least help one another with improving our game

i see. thanks for sharing! cheers!

well, we are from NA though.
aye yeah we all need to practice more heheh.

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Onis.2418

Onis.2418

Did anyone receive an e-mail after signing up?
I keep thinking it’s weird there wasn’t a verification e-mail that sending the sign up was succesful…

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Did anyone receive an e-mail after signing up?
I keep thinking it’s weird there wasn’t a verification e-mail that sending the sign up was succesful…

Nope, I guess it’s supposed to be like that,

Team Starfleet Dental signed up and already emailed a roster change!

Magumer Ranger

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

I’m excited to see how the qualifiers go.

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Updated the QA with a few questions asked today

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

tichorum.2415

I’d like to know how many teams on NA & EU have signed up thus far.

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

As of this exact moment there are 203 submissions, not sure of regional splits and this does not factor out any troll or nonvalid entries yet.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

As of this exact moment there are 203 submissions, not sure of regional splits and this does not factor out any troll or nonvalid entries yet.

Sounds like the full pvp community has already signed up.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

Are the good teams going to be spread out again?

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

One would hope but then there will be rage posts from the unheard of teams going “wth we could’ve beaten those guys so easy. Anet blew it!11!!1”, “omg this team basically got a free pass to finals and us others got screwed Q_Q” etc. basically the rage over the reserved spots from last time where team X was better than this reserved team and all that talk.

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Essentially yes. Brackets will be seeded based on team skill as well as team’s first choice play date. If too many “good teams” are requesting the same date we may try to move them to other dates after getting their permission to try and keep it split. I would like to note as well that were going to try and be a little more “thorough” with checking in on teams before we place them in brackets this time to try and avoid any early meetups like we had last time.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

(edited by BLUna.7928)

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Is the seeding done by player mmr, or by somebody choosing manually?

Ranger | Elementalist

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

We (Mistpedia) dont have access to MMR numbers, nor is there any API to grab it, so it will be done manually based on MP Weekly, ToL1, and by a very small margin leaderboard performance as well (considering LBs would need to be checked manually and there is no way to search them)

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

We (Mistpedia) dont have access to MMR numbers, nor is there any API to grab it, so it will be done manually based on MP Weekly, ToL1, and by a very small margin leaderboard performance as well (considering LBs would need to be checked manually and there is no way to search them)

eh BLU i thought errr the leader board data can be searched via gw2score.com provided if the user id is known?

for example, my team’s data:

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/Deimos-Tel-Arin7391
http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/Joannehappy8420
http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/SolitaryJr9654
http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/ysosrs1093
http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/Dapi5203

we play very casually, at least for me.
my other team members played more games than myself though

errr would it help if i email these links to you? O_O

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Qeve.5743

Qeve.5743

gwshack.info also provides searching over top 1000

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

eh BLU i thought errr the leader board data can be searched via gw2score.com provided if the user id is known?

for example, my team’s data:

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/Deimos-Tel-Arin7391
http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/Joannehappy8420
http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/SolitaryJr9654
http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/ysosrs1093
http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/Dapi5203

we play very casually, at least for me.
my other team members played more games than myself though

errr would it help if i email these links to you? O_O

I am aware of this website, but last I heard the website wasnt working properly and ranks were behind by a few weeks or so. If it is working I may be able to use it then.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Perhaps Mistpedia should encourage teams to sign up for the Mistpedia Weekly for people to evaluate their play and determine a suitable Seed for ToL #2.

The consequence of not participating in the Mistpedia Weeklies (or at least 1 of them)? Receiving a poor Seed due to failure to compete.

By all means it is a team’s fault if they fail to get noticed due to their lack of drive to compete in a weekly tournament at least once over the next 1-2 months before the ToL qualifier they are participating in. Sometimes a “no-name” team will show up in a Mistpedia Weekly and I am sure Blu will remember that team and put them above all who did not even attempt to participate.

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Perhaps Mistpedia should encourage teams to sign up for the Mistpedia Weekly for people to evaluate their play and determine a suitable Seed for ToL #2.

We certainly do, in fact I would like to say this is probably one of the better ways to ensure your team gets a fair seeding. We will not penalize your team if you do not however, there is just a larger chance of us misjudging your team based on leaderboard rating alone, which can be unreliable and sporadic in it’s placement of players.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

(edited by BLUna.7928)

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Good to hear! Any word on the release date of the first bracket and/or teams signed up?

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Good to hear! Any word on the release date of the first bracket and/or teams signed up?

We do not have an estimate for that yet. Expect them to come out after signups and roster changes have been closed.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

According to the official announcement signups are done “on a first-come, first-served basis and will accommodate up to 128 teams”. Why are signups still open if the limit has been reached more than a day ago? I understand that you desire to have more teams in case some of them quit, but there are already too many teams and it started generating confusion.

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

According to the official announcement signups are done “on a first-come, first-served basis and will accommodate up to 128 teams”. Why are signups still open if the limit has been reached more than a day ago?.

I would assume 203 teams across both regions, which would put them below the max number of teams if its a 50-50 split between the two. I would also assume its a 128 team max per region and not total.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

According to the official announcement signups are done “on a first-come, first-served basis and will accommodate up to 128 teams”. Why are signups still open if the limit has been reached more than a day ago? I understand that you desire to have more teams in case some of them quit, but there are already too many teams and it started generating confusion.

The article is worded a bit weird. NA ToL, EU ToL, and CN ToL are technically three separate events, so there are 128 teams per region for a total of 256 teams that can be accommodated in the two events MP will be handling (EU and NA). Multiple dates also complicates filling in that entire quota of teams, which is why were keeping it open for any team to apply until the 30th.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

I think we’ve decided to compete again in the tourney. See you guys there.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

I think we’ve decided to compete again in the tourney. See you guys there.

AWESOME!!111!!!11!!111!!! /sarcasm

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

tichorum.2415

So there are 32 team playing each weekend. I’m going to assume the second round and on with be streamed? Meaning 14 total games are streamed each weekend?

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Do we have any updates on the matchups?

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Do we have any updates on the matchups?

Not as of yet. None of that will be coming until at the earliest June 30th, and even then we still have to get everything finalized as to who is playing and in what matchups.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

Posted by: rainumora.2063

rainumora.2063

My team and I edited the google doc as well as sent you an email. Anything else we should do?

ToL2 Signups/Discussion

in PvP

BLUna.7928

My team and I edited the google doc as well as sent you an email. Anything else we should do?

Nope! Just got through a round of emails tonight so go ahead and check to make sure your issue has been solved.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster