Too many bad players.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

Seeing some really bizarre stuff in Diamond. Stuff you’d think would be common sense apparently isn’t. Ruby was more fun.

(edited by Shovel Face.4512)

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

What do you expect? A lot of people got to diamond playing premades with multiple condi revs + bunker mesmers.

Season 1 is basically a throwaway. Let’s see if the balance updates will help make season 2 more legitimate.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

I feel like same in Diamond a lot of times liek i playing with pve players all they do is trying to kill the “boss” at middle but they wipe and try again doing the same bad thing that doesn’t work over and over again.When they care about winning or have brain power to listen to me and map drawing i get about 60-70% win rate for sure when not facing premades.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: RonDonJonVanDam.1289

RonDonJonVanDam.1289

I got Diamond with no intent to try for legendary this season. I play troll builds in unranked now but I imagine you will meet a lot of people in ranked that either got to their desired threshold and are just playing for fun now.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

I got Diamond with no intent to try for legendary this season. I play troll builds in unranked now but I imagine you will meet a lot of people in ranked that either got to their desired threshold and are just playing for fun now.

That’s probably true. I can see how most people would stop playing hard when they get to diamond because apparently it was there goal.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

What do you expect? A lot of people got to diamond playing premades with multiple condi revs + bunker mesmers.

Season 1 is basically a throwaway. Let’s see if the balance updates will help make season 2 more legitimate.

insanity when you do the same thing over and over again expecting different results….

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

It just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Played some more matches and I played a really tough team. We ended up winning by 10 points or so and I really thought I had won a 2 pip match. To my dismay, I only got 1 and I look at the scoreboard and I see me, the only diamond, paired with 4 Rubys. The other team had 4 diamonds and 1 ruby. My instant reaction was “what?” “4 diamonds againts 4 Rubys!” And let’s not forget about the fact that it was a tough game and my team had to get extremely lucky, such as stealing beast skills and getting in lucky stomps, to even win the game.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: hotcarl.8621

hotcarl.8621

I totally agree with this. Seems like diamond is full of awful players, and the ones on my team are the worst of them all… I just lost 6 pips straight, taking me from tier 3 to tier 1. I have been doing my best to carry the teams I’m on, but there is only so much one person can do. Skill-wise, my teammates seem to kind of know what they’re doing. As far as map awareness and rotation goes, however, I seem to wind up with people who are constantly fighting off point and making terrible decisions. Condi classes trying to fight DS eles 1v1 on a point the ele controls, dragonhunters chasing mesmers off point, thieves bunkering points, reapers and scrappers going for beast, that sort of thing.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: chemie banger.9624

chemie banger.9624

So rank is no representation of skill?

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

thieves bunkering points

Bunker teefs will be the new meta. Mark my words.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Shovel Face.4512

I totally agree with this. Seems like diamond is full of awful players, and the ones on my team are the worst of them all… I just lost 6 pips straight, taking me from tier 3 to tier 1. I have been doing my best to carry the teams I’m on, but there is only so much one person can do. Skill-wise, my teammates seem to kind of know what they’re doing. As far as map awareness and rotation goes, however, I seem to wind up with people who are constantly fighting off point and making terrible decisions. Condi classes trying to fight DS eles 1v1 on a point the ele controls, dragonhunters chasing mesmers off point, thieves bunkering points, reapers and scrappers going for beast, that sort of thing.

Good to know its not just me. The lack of map awareness from my teammates at diamond level is just pathetic. Probably the dumbest most idiotic thing I’ve seen playing this game was when me and 2 others were fighting a rev and DH at mid, our cap. I down the DH and the Rev is at 20%, and for some reason that I have yet to figure out, my two teammates, at full health, leave me with the down DH and rev while I was at 50% health. The Rev knocks me back and rez the DH and now it’s 2v1. This is what cost us the game as they were able to take mid. I still have no idea where those 2 players went when they left me to a 2v1.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

So rank is no representation of skill?

Rank and League title is not equal skill it’s a fail. After playing some matches you will remember the names of skilled players ( enemies and teammates ) that can cause a lot of trouble. thats the true representation of skill.

In this game the title means nothing. You are legendary? none cares as there are a lot of peoples stuck in Ruby end and Diamond that plays better than some/most of that Legendary guys.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

They got that rank farming pugs as premades even a monkey can do that.
Thats why this game need seperate soloq .
and queue for 2-3 players and queue for full teams.
esport is a JOKE in this game explain why none play dragonhunter and even somone RQ.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Well, divisions means something. You are at least sure that a legend guy played hundred of games (even if abusing the system) and know the basics. Yes, there is few ruby players who are better than most legendaries, but generally the legends are better players overall than most of the rubys.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

It’s easy to stay bad when broken builds and stupid classes carry you to victory.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Have to agree to some extent, but trust me it is starting in Ruby now too.The MMR manipulation issue from the start

(people purposely tanking MMR on top of League manipulation) teams me up with players that don’t even understand what the word rotation.

I have nothing against bad players in general because they will eventually be good (maybe), but I have been waiting months for some sort of system to indicate skill level. I can’t even trust legendary players being good anymore. Had one legendary on our team that actually left a cap decapped with no enemies around not once but twice.

We will have to wait for next season just to hope it will be address properly.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Had one legendary on our team that actually left a cap decapped with no enemies around not once but twice.

If this guy was thief or mesmer, he was doing great.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

It just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Played some more matches and I played a really tough team. We ended up winning by 10 points or so and I really thought I had won a 2 pip match. To my dismay, I only got 1 and I look at the scoreboard and I see me, the only diamond, paired with 4 Rubys. The other team had 4 diamonds and 1 ruby. My instant reaction was “what?” “4 diamonds againts 4 Rubys!” And let’s not forget about the fact that it was a tough game and my team had to get extremely lucky, such as stealing beast skills and getting in lucky stomps, to even win the game.

Division is not equal to skill.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

It’s easy to stay bad when broken builds and stupid classes carry you to victory.

^ This.

The absurd number of horrible DHs for example is astounding. While at first opponents who face them rush on to point and tank the trap dmg…..in later divs they have higher IQs and counter them easily.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Boss Nomad.6487

Boss Nomad.6487

Queueing with low ranks causes win prediction to be way less than 50% giving a big advantage to get to higher ranks.

I know a player who was at my rank from emerald to ruby during the first week. I noticed him always asking for players to join his party in map chat. His gameplay was nothing special. Skill level around mine if not lower. He is now in legendary.

Ranks do not represent skill at all. Everyone can get a low rank to queue up with to climb ranks easily.

Just need to hope that there will be no rewards for the ranks.

This is going to be fixed for season 2. Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Upcoming-Changes-for-PvP-League-Season-2/first

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Queueing with low ranks causes win prediction to be way less than 50% giving a big advantage to get to higher ranks.

I know a player who was at my rank from emerald to ruby during the first week. I noticed him always asking for players to join his party in map chat. His gameplay was nothing special. Skill level around mine if not lower. He is now in legendary.

Ranks do not represent skill at all. Everyone can get a low rank to queue up with to climb ranks easily.

Just need to hope that there will be no rewards for the ranks.

This is going to be fixed for season 2. Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Upcoming-Changes-for-PvP-League-Season-2/first

Fixed as in… making anything but 100% players from the same division within the same team a screwed up setup.

- If you queue with friends and one is diamond or higher? Get ready to get stomped by ESL teams even if half of your team consists of beginners.
- Get ready to get flamed hard if you duo q with a lower rated friend. Since your entire team will suffer due to the lower skilled/division friend that ends up in matches way out of his league.
- Get ready to gain lots of pips vs teams that are made up off 80% sub par players with 1 player that plays more often. All of a sudden u gain the same pips for esl teams and random guild teams that have 1 legendary and a couple of lower rated ppl.
- Hey lets introduce some friends to pvp and play some games together? Well we cant really since playing with me = playing vs tournament level teams, which isnt fun for newer players.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

An other big issue( if not major) with this is legacy of foefire map in my opinion. When you got 5 unkillable builds running around spamming conditions( i’m obviously exaggerating but you get the idea), you cannot do anything with an average setup in solo queue. Even if, usually 1 mistake leads to a lose and you cannot prevent a lord rush at 350, i had countless games where we were leading 300-150 and ended up 320-550..

You got treb on khylo, buffs on temple, bosses + larger map on forest. Maybe it’s time to bring back skyhammer and orb running map to offer other possibilities to win for teams who simply cannot even win 5v4 of those builds..

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

You can definitely blame some of that on league meta achievement which encourages people to play professions they have no or little skill in.

Too many bad players.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Everybody talking about ESL teams, but srsly….
a) there arent that many
b) most of them arent good

So yeah…. no clue what that argument is supposed to get you, except make you look kinda funny.