Too many engis...

Too many engis...

in PvP

Posted by: Sylanna.1947

Sylanna.1947

When every ranked match has at least 4-5 engis in it, doesn’t it say that perhaps the class is a bit OP in pvp and needs a looking at. It’s pretty much ‘most engis wins’ at this point and I’ve done enough ranked matches at this point to know it’s true.

Too many engis...

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

I dunno… only see like 20 different people playing over and over again after 7min Q so who knows.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Too many engis...

in PvP

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Everyone wants to play the OP engineer before it gets hit with a nerfbat.

Too many engis...

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Well yeah been seeing a lot of turret engies, which isnt exactly an OP build but it definitely gives a lot of advantage to one side.

Engie itself isnt so much OP as really forgiving. I was playing this morning with a fair amount of lag while also watching someone stream. Did fairly well and i dont play engie that much lol

5Gauge on his stream had a good idea for nerfing turrets and that was to change the damage and health of turrets with the engie. So a zerk turret engie’s turrets would have low health but deal more damage. It’d also be great if conditions applied to engies would affect turrets, such as blinds and whatnot

Too many engis...

in PvP

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

I’ve seen more engs in spvp lately. but nothing, NOTHING beasts ranger daily day.

Too many engis...

in PvP

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I still find it funny how they nerfed Automated Response thinking ‘this will put those turret engies in their place!’ and here they are still today, with one less trait worth using for other builds.

Duty is heavier than death.

Too many engis...

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I’d start to change 2 things with engi turret:

- like the old ranger pet, engi shouldn’t be in one side of the map and turrets do damage on the other side.

- some conditions (like burning/vulnerability/confusion) should affect turrets.

Too many engis...

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

When every ranked match has at least 4-5 engis in it, doesn’t it say that perhaps the class is a bit OP in pvp and needs a looking at. It’s pretty much ‘most engis wins’ at this point and I’ve done enough ranked matches at this point to know it’s true.

I just do not consider “noob friendly” to be “OP”. As I have no more difficulty with them then other profession. I certainly prefer a turret engie over a celestial engie. As well, I would caution against specifying “most engies win”. If “most engies win” against you, that does not necessarily mean they win against most other players. Particularly when piles of turret engies get matches up against other turret engies.

5Gauge on his stream had a good idea for nerfing turrets and that was to change the damage and health of turrets with the engie. So a zerk turret engie’s turrets would have low health but deal more damage. It’d also be great if conditions applied to engies would affect turrets, such as blinds and whatnot

Yeah that idea has been mentioned for a long time. I always thought it was a good one.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

Too many engis...

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The problem is an OP class combined with it being in the daily today. You’ll see more engis than usual today.

Hopefully at some point ANET will figure out what most others already have… the profession daily is a bad idea.

Too many engis...

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

I agree that the issue is not that they are OP but super noob friendly, and i think thats a real problem. Celestial engie i dont mind so much anymore because if you know their combos you can easily avoid them. their problem is the ability to put out tons of damage and withstand a ton as well but thats more about celestial than it is about engineer. The real problem i see is turret engies simply because of their ability to reward a player without them requiring any skill. This isnt an issue when im playing with people i know, but in solo queues it is horrible. Today i went against 3 teams each with turret engies power rangers and power necros. Sure these classes are not hard to beat, turret engies you do it with rotations, power rangers you just target and destroy, and power necros you los and destroy once lich is up. But in combination its really hard to coordinate and the effort it takes to beat them is much more than the effort it takes for them to win.

Im not usually a fan of nerfing things however because i feel like it adds to the challenge and id rather be able to beat a class than have it nerfed to where its easy. But to see so many cheese builds in ranked and unranked recently its kind of disheartening to do solo queues anymore.

Too many engis...

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Hahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah…

Sorry, now that I have that out of my system.
What the heck ranked Q are you playing?
Cuz clearly it aint the same one that I am…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Too many engis...

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Title should specifically read: Too many engis… Not anoth Dead ones!
Hehehe…