Too much to bear? balancing and classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Yiyojin.3241

Yiyojin.3241

Let’s start with what i hate.
I hate having the fear that next update that is coming will ruin my class completly, that I spend months to master.
This feeling of fear is not nice :/

I like every one play games for fun. But my fun is being better then others. Being the number 1. Being the “king” this is my idea of fun.
I just like to be the best, i play only for being the best. And have enough of bearing updates and updates that are ruining “balance” even more.
I’m seriously considering the idea of just stop playing, because i live in fear of next update. And every update till now was bad for me. So its a psihologic pain wait for weeks to the relis of new pain update.

Anyway.

I play a thief and a warrior.
Thief my favorite class that i play mostly.
I just love playing the Thief.
1: Thief takes insane damage when get hit.
2:Since last update damage that deals is very low compared to befor.
3:Since last update thief is dead 50% dead
4: An skilled warrior is now a winning warrior against thief. If thief doesn’t attack the warrior by surprise.
I just can’t speak in details of every detail and class that is wrong. In few words… Thiefs has now
medium- very Low hp/medium armor/ very low defense/very low survavibility = decent damage-high damage.
Now you have to have in mind that thief is a body to body fight. contact, ok?
Now why don’t you try to imagine what happens when you get hit 3 times and you lose 3/4 your hp and you deal 50% less damage then befor.
You probably die if you fight a skilled player.

I’m a very skilled player. And now fighting decent players I have problems.
For what i can feel, now thiefs are like a profession that you regret putting in game : /
They can’t feed in.

Now in browser you have 16 people on 2×2 meters. Of course thiefs have great advantage of invisibility and high burst. but that is browser. unskilled players running like chickens and spamming skills around.
I can say. Any of thos unskilled players with any class have not more then 5% chances of beating a skilled player.

Befor the last update. In tournaments, thiefs weren’t that much overpowered as everyone likes to cry about. Maybe you could just lower the Dancing daggers by 30% and leave cloack and dagger like it was beffor.This is my opinion.
And ps. I don’t give a kitten STD about what unskilled players thinks. Learn to play then speak.
If you don’t agree with me, I have a question for you. Do you let your newborn childs teach you things and command you? Sir noou

(edited by Yiyojin.3241)

in PvP

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

If you’re a so called skilled player but now you’re having troubles, consider the possibility that you were crap and just rode on the thiefs OPness.

Thieves are still strong. They still do high damage on backstab combos, and they still have the best way to escape enemies. Dancing dagger was rightfully nerfed. I disagree with the C&D nerf (i think they should have nerfed mug instead), but other than that it’s fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Usually skillful players just adapt and find a new build rather than complain. If the nerf was very bad where it affects everything then I can understand.

The same goes for newcomers…they just usually adapt to find a new build than complain.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

U know that the rest of the classes get insane damage too when hit , without toughness ?
What stoping u , getting more toughnesss or more defensive CDs ?
Less whining from the Thief suporters amd more L2P , would be apriciated too :P

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Usually skillful players just adapt and find a new build rather than complain. If the nerf was very bad where it affects everything then I can understand.

The same goes for newcomers…they just usually adapt to find a new build than complain.

You’re aware that thief has a huge number of issues with their narrowest-in-the-game weapon choices, right?

D/P’s dual skill is useless, its a gap closer that roots us on hit. P/P is non-viable; body shot is a waste of initiative (you will never use it), the auto attack and dual skills are at odds with eachother, and the spec has no way to access stealth, a thief’s main survivability mechanic. The S/P PW nerf places PW at less damage than auto attack, which roots us (a highly mobile class), and nothing prevents a target from walking out of the last 2 swings; it’s nearly useless outside of haste-PW spam. S/D was serviceable, but flanking strike is a joke (mediocre damage and doesn’t hit reliably on moving targets due to piss poor pathing).

So, that more or less locks us into dagger OH, which just received substantial nerfs with no reduction in init cost. Know what spec was affected the least? D/D glass cannon…the spec the CnD and Dancing Dagger changes were made to address. Oh yeah, the S/D daze lost .5s base, and is no longer affected by any condition duration abilities (not even the trait line which explicitly does so, and this was unmentioned in the patch notes). Shbow lost 15% on cluster bomb. As far as I can tell, the leeching venoms “buff” is an elaborate inside joke (i’ve seen reports of roughly 30 more health per venom proc between 1000 power and 2000 power, but can’t test successfully because it doesnt change for me regardless what my power is). We received almost no survivability compensations for massive loss in damage

Soooo, that leaves D/D glass cannon as our best option. Every other functional build lost more in the patch. Some of us don’t want to play an instagib spec, because its so binary.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

i … i … i have no response to this tbh , you sir arent in tuch with reality, maybe just maybe you arent skilled as you think you are.

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

U know that the rest of the classes get insane damage too when hit , without toughness ?
What stoping u , getting more toughnesss or more defensive CDs ?
Less whining from the Thief suporters amd more L2P , would be apriciated too :P

You’re aware that the rest of the classes in our HP class (the lowest in the game) are known for their bunker builds, right? Their low base HP is mitigated by immune skills, access to defensive boons, and great healing.

Running a high toughness thief doesn’t make much difference – I know because I run one (soldiers jewel and 30 points in the toughness tree, basically the tankiest you can make a thief and still do damage). We don’t get protection, aegis, stability, or any immune skills. Our only real “oh kitten” button is shadowstep, and that doesn’t make us immune, it just lets us escape the fight (most of the time)

Your unerring disapproval of anything a thief player says because of your hatred of the class shows clearly, because your utterly confident in your 100% uninformed, incorrect opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

Now either the OP isn’t able to play anything else then a glasscannon thief and therefore gets killed so often or he does have some tough and vit but doesn’t know how to avoid attacks, i think we have here a serious case of l2p.

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I dont think Thief takes months to master.

Warriors still have to be decent and have the right weapons/utilities to beat a thief.
warrior has a harder time against classes thiefs can still insta gib.

Also caltrops condition thief can wreak a warrior btw, in your months of ‘mastering’ the thief class have you tried all the builds?

p.s. I dont play a warrior my main is Necro my alt is a thief.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

We don’t get protection, aegis, stability, or any immune skills. Our only real “oh kitten” button is shadowstep, and that doesn’t make us immune, it just lets us escape the fight (most of the time)

Doghe + evasive attacks = no damage
U have many traits that restore the incective or whaterver is called
Plus dagger main attack combining with a trait that restore a small perscentage of the didge bar , helps u migrate a lot of damage

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

We don’t get protection, aegis, stability, or any immune skills. Our only real “oh kitten” button is shadowstep, and that doesn’t make us immune, it just lets us escape the fight (most of the time)

Doghe + evasive attacks = no damage
U have many traits that restore the incective or whaterver is called
Plus dagger main attack combining with a trait that restore a small perscentage of the didge bar , helps u migrate a lot of damage

“Incentive or whatever is called” very clearly points out what you know about the class. Your opinion is very, very far off.

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

So i should check the wiki next time , in order to correct my vocabulary and oppl take me serious eh ? :P
Evasive attacks doesnt neglect any kind of attacks ? Like dodge ?

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

So i should check the wiki next time , in order to correct my vocabulary and oppl take me serious eh ? :P

You can’t recall the classes main mechanic, but you claim to know it well enough to sit here and tell me thieves have enough dodges and evasive attacks to make up for the complete lack of defensive boons and immunity skills.

My point is, you don’t know what you’re talking about. You’ve lost some fights to some annoying stealth spam thieves, had your incorrect opinion validated by other thief hating players on the boards and confirmation bias, and rather than take someones opinion and think it through, you bash it because it came from a thief. You don’t really know what you’re talking about, but in your heart you know its wrong because a thief said it, and “they’re OP”.

Right or wrong, nobody would take me seriously if I said “Man, warrior keeps owning me with his good sword whenever he uses bunch o swings, or whatever its called”.

in PvP

Posted by: Eduardo.4675

Eduardo.4675

My thief has a big didge bar that has traits that help me migrate my incective. In the summer there is a lot of incectives around coz of the heat.

Adapt or die. I never die.

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

1) Wiki is my friend , logic is even my best friend

Quick Pockets when u change weapons u get 3 Inenactive (no stealth needed)
Quick Recovery:Gain 2 initiative every 10 seconds ( no stealth)
Hastened Replenishment: You receive 4 initiative when using a heal skill. (prefered with withdraw heal) ( no stealth needed)
Infitrator singet 1 every 10 sec (no stealth needed)

Initial Strike: Attacks with the first weapon-skill slot have a 7% chance to regain 1 initiative. (screw it > too low chance)

Dodge > 2 attacks with dagger > deathblosom > repeat
Try it in sPvP

2) So we have <<ur kind of ppl>> , telling us to L2p and we cant say anything to u ?
Becase i told the guy to L2P and get some defensive cds of toughness i am the bad guy here ?
Oh sorry i should spell slowly to the Theif population and explain them , what is defensive cds or Soldier amulet
Too bad there is not an Intelligence Stat in GW2 , cause Thiefs would have the lowest score …..

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

Hastened Replenishment: You receive 4 initiative when using a heal skill. (prefered with withdraw heal) ( no stealth needed)

Initial Strike: Attacks with the first weapon-skill slot have a 7% chance to regain 1 initiative. (screw it > too low chance)

Try it in sPvP

2) So we have <<ur kind of ppl>> , telling us to L2p and we cant say anything to u ?
Becase i told the guy to L2P and get some defensive cds of toughness i am the bad guy here ?
Oh sorry i should spell slowly to the Theif population and explain them , what is defensive cds or Soldier amulet
Too bad there is not an Intelligence Stat in GW2 , cause Thiefs would have the lowest score …..

Yeah, you’re not really getting it, you’re just digging yourself deeper, so I’m just going to be as blunt as possible.

This isn’t about knowing how to spell initiative or what it is, or going on a wiki to type out a bunch of traits and ability descriptions. You very obviously do not know how thief works. This makes you singularly unqualified to judge their dodges and evasive abilities in comparison to protection, aegis, stability, and immunity skills.

You -think- you know how thief works, and regardless how politely I try to tell you you’re wrong, you’re unflappable in your beliefs. You don’t play the class, but you feel you’re qualified to explain to me how it could be played more defensively.

I know that warrior class abilities are called burst abilities, and they’re based off of adrenaline, but I still know I’m not qualified to hop on the warrior forums and tell people who’ve been playing warriors for months how to play them better, so I don’t try to. Doing so would just make me look silly.

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

Yes , i am i didnt create a thread telling the rest of the guys , that Thiefs is the class that takes extremly damage , so its damage is justified and whoever dont agree with :

And ps. I don’t give a kitten STD about what unskilled players thinks. Learn to play then speak.

With this kind of attitude , he will get the same atittude

in PvP

Xom.9264

Try it in sPvP

……….

I know that warrior class abilities are called burst abilities, and they’re based off of adrenaline, but I still know I’m not qualified to hop on the warrior forums and tell people who’ve been playing warriors for months how to play them better, so I don’t try to. Doing so would just make me look silly.

This is not the warrior forum also as a pro thief you seem to be claiming….you going to tell me caltrops conditions builds dont crush warriors?

Thiefs complaining they are weak is the most massive L2P issue I have seen in any MMO ever. Heck based on a 3 min skim of guru forums and looking at skills I made a caltrops condition build and dominated poor warriors. Thiefs have been dominating with a simple rotation and type of spec against everything for too long and never had a reason to try other specs there burst specs was/are THAT OP.

Show me a serious Ele, Eng, Necro, Ranger that has not tried eversingle spec combo gear runes possible just to try and be competative.

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

Try it in sPvP

……….

This is not the warrior forum also as a pro thief you seem to be claiming….you going to tell me caltrops conditions builds dont crush warriors?

Thiefs complaining they are weak is the most massive L2P issue I have seen in any MMO ever. Heck based on a 3 min skim of guru forums and looking at skills I made a caltrops condition build and dominated poor warriors. Thiefs have been dominating with a simple rotation and type of spec against everything for too long and never had a reason to try other specs there burst specs was/are THAT OP.

Show me a serious Ele, Eng, Necro, Ranger that has not tried eversingle spec combo gear runes possible just to try and be competative.

Huh? I was citing going to the warrior boards as an example, not making any claim to anything. That was pretty clear, not entirely sure how you could have missed that.

Also, when the point of PvP changes to “killing warriors”, I’ll agree that a good P/D conditions build with caltrops owns. Seeing as that isn’t the goal (its capture point, in case you were wondering), its still a solid spec, but it has its weaknesses just like every other build for every other class of the game.

In addition, you’ll see that my posts on this topic were centered around how D/D instagib is one of our only viable builds atm (P/D conditions being the other, though its weak in TPvP), due to nerfs that weakened every other spec option worse than it did instagib, and our limited weapon selection due to bugs and poor weapon design. I also pointed out that I dislike and dont play instagib, due to its simple, binary nature.

If you’re just going to skim for the part of my post you think you can get pissed about, without reading the rest, you’re going to make a post that makes no sense.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

I dont think Thief takes months to master.

Warriors still have to be decent and have the right weapons/utilities to beat a thief.
warrior has a harder time against classes thiefs can still insta gib.

Also caltrops condition thief can wreak a warrior btw, in your months of ‘mastering’ the thief class have you tried all the builds?

p.s. I dont play a warrior my main is Necro my alt is a thief.

You don’t play a Warrior yet you’re saying Warrior has no way of dealing with condition damage? Its not that hard to put Signet of Stamina and mending on your skill bar if condition damage is that bad. Seriously a Warrior firing Rifle 1 with Carrion Amulet over and over will just out-damage caltrops easy. Who the hell said I always have to be GS all the time to be effective?

Don’t talk if you don’t play the class. Otherwise you sound like an uneducated kitten who is all babble but no experience. You lose credibility that way, do you want that to happen? Only reason why I personally never even use Signet of Stamina or Mending vs. caltrops is because one Necro/Ele/Guardian just counters its DPS and incentive in tPvP.

And if you actually tried to get good with Warrior, you will notice that it isn’t hard to deal with Thieves just because Warrior vs. Thief has a slight upper hand.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

(edited by Schwahrheit.4203)

in PvP

Xom.9264

My post made perfect sense, you nitpicking someone complaining about thiefs OP nature because he does not know the class in and out perfectly is what did not make sense to me. Also this is the SPVP forums not the Thief forum your warrior boards example was condesending.

D/D instagib still happens, its still needs toning down with the nerfs to bunkers skills the changes to thiefs did nothing, the bunker nerfs is a net gain for the class in reality.

P/D conditions is a solid viable build the prema AoE snare has a role in Tpvp, its sure more useful then anything a warrior brings to the Tpvp table.

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

So you, OP, say that you like being the best and at the same time you play the class that most of the community considers to be broken when it comes to burst damage. You abuse that which is broken and feel great about yourself, when you 3 hit people. Good for you, but playing broken stuff will never get you to be the best. And if you fear that Anet will fix that which is broken, and thus prevent you from being good… Well then you just suck at this game, if you have to play broken stuff, to be the best in the first place.

I for one haven’t even rolled a thief or a guardian yet, because there’s nothing for me to achieve there. I know those classes work, and quite frankly, if my playing skills are worth a kitten, I shouldn’t be forced into rolling those classes to kill people. I want a challenge, I always roll classes that are considered to be weak and I try to make them work. And when you get those classes to work, and you beat classes that are considered to be overpowered, THAT is what makes you good, and THAT is what you should be looking for.

What you do is for me a typical cowardly way of many players, that only play a game as long as there is some kind of imbalance there, that they can abuse. When the developers finally balance the game out, those players stop playing, because they just can’t cope with skilled players anymore… No abuse no win I guess huh…

in PvP

Posted by: Coopers.4376

Coopers.4376

My post made perfect sense, you nitpicking someone complaining about thiefs OP nature because he does not know the class in and out perfectly is what did not make sense to me. Also this is the SPVP forums not the Thief forum your warrior boards example was condesending.

D/D instagib still happens, its still needs toning down with the nerfs to bunkers skills the changes to thiefs did nothing, the bunker nerfs is a net gain for the class in reality.

P/D conditions is a solid viable build the prema AoE snare has a role in Tpvp, its sure more useful then anything a warrior brings to the Tpvp table.

D/D damage is still to strong, but the reason you will now see every person running it is because there are no other viable builds. If you were to run P/D in paids, as you suggested, then you would be asking for a first round knock out.

For the thief to be fixed “backstab” needs to be toned down by 10% base, and the thief’s power scaling needs to be increased, thereby increasing the sustained damage without making burst impractical.

in PvP

Posted by: Yiyojin.3241

Yiyojin.3241

There are so many thief haters. There are so many people taht actually are not playing a THIEF!! So you clearly don’t understend things that I’m speaking about.
2x dodge, 2xskill evade + 1attack up of 50% weak attack =no attack option for atlest 3 seconds. After that you have 1 attack again.
And if in this time you get plenty of damage you are in trouble.

So many people talking about other builds.
1: you don’t know my build, and i will never tell about it.
2:Try to play a thief for 1 month + and you will see that what you tough you know, was just 5%.
3: I tryed a lot builds and finaly came up with the best possible build for thief FOR my kind of playing. The way i love to play is this build the best.

Someone up there wroten that i should L2P because I’m in trouble with decent warriors now.
Try to imagine a warrior that hits you down on hp for 1/4+ of hp every time you get attacked.

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

There are so many thief haters. There are so many people taht actually are not playing a THIEF!! So you clearly don’t understend things that I’m speaking about.
2x dodge, 2xskill evade + 1attack up of 50% weak attack =no attack option for atlest 3 seconds. After that you have 1 attack again.

2:Try to play a thief for 1 month + and you will see that what you tough you know, was just 5%.
3: I tryed a lot builds and finaly came up with the best possible build for thief FOR my kind of playing. The way i love to play is this build the best.

Someone up there wroten that i should L2P because I’m in trouble with decent warriors now.
Try to imagine a warrior that hits you down on hp for 1/4+ of hp every time you get attacked.

So, you are claiming to be a good thief player, but it looks that you lack the base knowledge of the design philosophy behind Thief.

The thief is all about not taking damage at all, not tanking damage. You have all the tools to avoid high damage skills and mitigate the overall damage output (see dodges, stealth and shadowsteps). Also, if you spec correctly into toughness and shadow art, you are able to survive to 3+ players on a node in tPvP for an huge amount of time.

Obviously, like every profession, if you put all your stats into Power and Precision, you are going to die in few hit if you don’t succed to avoid the damage.

It is the same thing about warriors if they spec as glass cannon. It’s true that warriors can take few more hit before being downed, but it is also true that warriors have less ways to leave fights or avoid damage.

If you feel uncomfortable to be hit for 1/4 of your hp bar, probably you should either change profession or change build.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

You’re aware that thief has a huge number of issues with their narrowest-in-the-game weapon choices, right?

D/P’s dual skill is useless, its a gap closer that roots us on hit. P/P is non-viable; body shot is a waste of initiative (you will never use it), the auto attack and dual skills are at odds with eachother, and the spec has no way to access stealth, a thief’s main survivability mechanic. The S/P PW nerf places PW at less damage than auto attack, which roots us (a highly mobile class), and nothing prevents a target from walking out of the last 2 swings; it’s nearly useless outside of haste-PW spam. S/D was serviceable, but flanking strike is a joke (mediocre damage and doesn’t hit reliably on moving targets due to piss poor pathing).

So, that more or less locks us into dagger OH, which just received substantial nerfs with no reduction in init cost. Know what spec was affected the least? D/D glass cannon…the spec the CnD and Dancing Dagger changes were made to address. Oh yeah, the S/D daze lost .5s base, and is no longer affected by any condition duration abilities (not even the trait line which explicitly does so, and this was unmentioned in the patch notes). Shbow lost 15% on cluster bomb. As far as I can tell, the leeching venoms “buff” is an elaborate inside joke (i’ve seen reports of roughly 30 more health per venom proc between 1000 power and 2000 power, but can’t test successfully because it doesnt change for me regardless what my power is). We received almost no survivability compensations for massive loss in damage

Soooo, that leaves D/D glass cannon as our best option. Every other functional build lost more in the patch. Some of us don’t want to play an instagib spec, because its so binary.

So they just need to hotfix some of their weapon combos you just listed there so everyone can branch off the D/D Glass cannon spec. I hope that happens to because it will bring flavor to the thief class.

For players complaining about burst damage even when they high defense. They should work on that issue right there. If I have over 2k defense and still my health bar depletes dramatically because of a the burst damage attack. Then to me that’s truly unbalance and bad enough I’m suffering doing sustain damage, but that was my choice because I wanted to survive more.

Pineapples

(edited by Brutalistik.6473)

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

So they just need to hotfix some of their weapon combos you just listed there so everyone can branch off the D/D Glass cannon spec. I hope that happens to because it will bring flavor to the thief class.

For players complaining about burst damage even when they high defense. They should work on that issue right there. If I have over 2k defense and still my health bar depletes dramatically because of a the burst damage attack. Then to me that’s truly unbalance and bad enough I’m suffering doing sustain damage, but that was my choice because I wanted to survive more.

I didn’t do much in the BWE’s, but I believe that all of the issues I listed above have been around since launch or earlier (aside for the changes like PW nerf and so on). There’s been no acknowledgement of the issues, or any discussion as to how/when they’ll be fixed. Players are starting to lose heart, and its especially frustrating watching a huge chunk of the playerbase cry because we only roll 1 of 2 specs, when they honestly have no idea whats going on.

in PvP

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

If you’re a so called skilled player but now you’re having troubles, consider the possibility that you were crap and just rode on the thiefs OPness.

Thieves are still strong. They still do high damage on backstab combos, and they still have the best way to escape enemies. Dancing dagger was rightfully nerfed. I disagree with the C&D nerf (i think they should have nerfed mug instead), but other than that it’s fine.

If someone has been doing ok on their past build and an “update” blows it, I’d be upset too!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in PvP

Xom.9264

Why do people think if a player says thief needs a damage tone down they dont play one?

Thief is my second most played classes, its broken, its very easy to play has a ton of get out of jail free cards. Needs a damage nerf and when all you fotm thief players reroll to something else after the fixes I will still be killing you with my thief.

in PvP

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

You can’t recall the classes main mechanic, but you claim to know it well enough to sit here and tell me thieves have enough dodges and evasive attacks to make up for the complete lack of defensive boons and immunity skills.

My point is, you don’t know what you’re talking about. You’ve lost some fights to some annoying stealth spam thieves, had your incorrect opinion validated by other thief hating players on the boards and confirmation bias, and rather than take someones opinion and think it through, you bash it because it came from a thief. You don’t really know what you’re talking about, but in your heart you know its wrong because a thief said it, and “they’re OP”.

Right or wrong, nobody would take me seriously if I said “Man, warrior keeps owning me with his good sword whenever he uses bunch o swings, or whatever its called”.

I fought an amazingly skilled thief recently, as a bunker / condition elementalist, this thief never went below half life. He utilized high healing / toughness and had roughly 5 – 6 boons constantly, regen in stealth which pretty much healed him to full, while slowly wearing everyone around him down by making them use all their cooldowns for condition removals. I think that Thief was excellently skilled and was not the Flavor of the Month thieves you see most people playing.

However, Killthehealer speaks the truth, with the initiative system a thief specced in the Backstab cannon spec can dish out way to much damage even to bunker builds, ask me how I know or just check my post history. To be honest, the thief is a Wonderful profession idea on paper, however it’s actual gameplay needs to be monitored very closely by ArenaNet, otherwise, the being Overpowered issue, is and will still be true, until they fix the damage to be on par with other glass cannon builds. Lower the damage from 8 – 12k to 3 – 6k, that would balance it out more.

This is however only my opinion, and I know 90% of thieves will disagree, and the other 10% don’t play Cannon specs.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

(edited by Otaur.9268)

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Why do people think if a player says thief needs a damage tone down they dont play one?

Thief is my second most played classes, its broken, its very easy to play has a ton of get out of jail free cards. Needs a damage nerf and when all you fotm thief players reroll to something else after the fixes I will still be killing you with my thief.

Wow. Calm down son. Why you PMS today, got fired?

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

4: An skilled warrior is now a winning warrior against thief. If thief doesn’t attack the warrior by surprise.

I think that’s how it should be, bud. Using your skills to actually surprise somebody rather than recharging for another ridiculous burst with Cnd/Steal/Backstab. Other professions need to chain all of their skills together plus make use of their utility (if it’s any good) to catch a Thief. Even then, the Thief has many options to stealth and break any stun despite the lack of stability. Thieves don’t need to utilize survivability tree because it’s a standard option built into the class. Plenty of evasive skills and teleports to even glitch through walls. Who thought, the two broken burst damage classes Thief and Mesmers would also have strong teleport abilities and stealth. All while Anet didn’t provide a counter play mechanic to invisibility…completely absurd. So, now we have two stealth burst classes in every match. Every map is close quarter combat, too. That really throws our a number of squishy ranged professions/weapons/builds. If Thieves’ power and utility was similar to the inadequacy of the Ranger the forums would be flooded for weeks.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

in PvP

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

I play a thief. Level 80 doing a lot of WvW, and a lot of sPVP.

Honestly, complaining as a thief is very disingenuous. Our survivability comes from stealth and evasion, and it is high. Our damage is also very high and very sudden. I’ve also tried out conditions thief and it is very, very strong.

If you get caught with your pants down a lot, you will die a lot.

But that only happens if you’re not very good at playing a thief.

It takes a fair bit of twitch, which is as it should be.

in PvP

Posted by: Fletch.4603

Fletch.4603

My thief has a big didge bar that has traits that help me migrate my incective. In the summer there is a lot of incectives around coz of the heat.

I need to learn how to migrate my damage. Perhaps Inspector Clouseau could hep us