Top 250 requirement

Top 250 requirement

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

I think we all agree it is kind of silly that some players get placed at say 2k rating and play 1 time every 3 days to maintain their position (they don’t even need to do that, they just need to play couple matches on last day to kill the decay). They don’t exactly participate in the season, it leads to half dead top 250 (hello smurfs) which leads to lopsided matches because matchmaking can’t find better players so you have 1700 team vs 2100 teams (yes, it is a thing).

Suggestion (stolen from OW): you should play at least 100 matches in the season to quality for top 250. Also i think players should be placed maximum at 1750 rating after placement so if they want to be legend, they would have to play for it instead of afking all season.

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

Top 250 requirement

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I agree. ive posted several times in last few days that to qualify for TOP 250 rewards you must have played at least 50 ranked matches this season. That’s not hard at all for even the most casual player. And will completely negate all the complaints people have been making.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Top 250 requirement

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

50 games is too little. It should be 100 game minimum

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

Top 250 requirement

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I think we all agree it is kind of silly that some players get placed at say 2k rating and play 1 time every days to maintain their position. They don’t exactly participate in the season, it leads to half dead top 250 which leads to lopsided matches because matchmaking can’t find better players so you have 1700 team vs 2100 teams.

Suggestion (stolen from OW): you should play at least 100 matches in the season to quality for top 250. Also i think players should be placed maximum at 1750 rating after placement so if they want to be legend, they would have to play for it instead of afking all season.

Agree on rating cap on placements and matches played. Someone should not be able to queue dodge snipe a top rating.

With the match making, they have to do something to give the top players decent queue times so they can do a stream that isn’t them attacking practice dummies for an hour before their queue pops. Maybe at the end of the season have a playoff where only the top 500 players can queue for matches to sort out who really belongs in the top 250.

Top 250 requirement

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

I think we all agree it is kind of silly that some players get placed at say 2k rating and play 1 time every days to maintain their position. They don’t exactly participate in the season, it leads to half dead top 250 which leads to lopsided matches because matchmaking can’t find better players so you have 1700 team vs 2100 teams.

Agree on rating cap on placements and matches played. Someone should not be able to queue dodge snipe a top rating.

With the match making, they have to do something to give the top players decent queue times so they can do a stream that isn’t them attacking practice dummies for an hour before their queue pops. Maybe at the end of the season have a playoff where only the top 500 players can queue for matches to sort out who really belongs in the top 250.

The queue times are long BECAUSE half of the top 250 doesn’t play since it is all smurf accounts and people afk’ing for the season to keep their rating. If top 250 were forced to play, the queue times would be shorter as well.

Top 250 requirement

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Agreed, nothing more to say.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Top 250 requirement

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The queue times are long BECAUSE half of the top 250 doesn’t play since it is all smurf accounts and people afk’ing for the season to keep their rating. If top 250 were forced to play, the queue times would be shorter as well.

Decay should be permenent after a while.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.