Top 32 - Avg Pts Per Game (100+)

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Grump made a suggestion that a fair measure for the Ladder should be the average points per game, over at least 100 games.

So I calculated that and here is the result.

If the High MMR people had played at least 100 games, they would be at the top of this.

Attachments:

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

This penalizes solo people who are thrown into a match against premades and are basically given a loss by the matcher. In my experience, it is really hard to earn points on a loss.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

It doesn’t hurt soloists as much as you expect, laserbolt. If you look at the leaderboards before the patch reset only like the top 25 of the team queue could handle a win rate of 60%+ because top teams facing eachother will make eachother lose at times and if not only 1-3 teams will actually be able to push themselves far ahead.

Soloists are less likely to lose points against premades than premades are to lose against other premades. Since soloists against premades are more likely to end up 0-20% or 21-39% where obtaining at least 200 points will give you no loss of points and if you get closer even get points for faring well.

In the topic where i repeated this suggestion i showed that the first place (130 pts at the time) would get like 0,63 points using my system. A premade getting 66% win rate will have LESS points than that because they’d have 66 points from wins (no premade will ever get below 41% probability) and lose most likely between 20-33 points from their losses which are quite rapid when your probability goes up (even at 41-60%).

In short, soloists get an advantage by the probabilty matrix to bypass the advantage premades get by winning more.

PS: silent i didn’t mean use only those who played at least 100 games. People with less should also be included. eg someone with 57-2 having 59 points should get 59/100 = 0.59 points (as 100 is used as minimum in the denominator).

(edited by Grump.7069)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

What about bunker guards that do their job but usually end up with low amount of points?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

What about bunker guards that do their job but usually end up with low amount of points?

Leaderboard points have nothing to do with the score you get in matches (except maybe getting more than 0).

This penalizes solo people who are thrown into a match against premades and are basically given a loss by the matcher. In my experience, it is really hard to earn points on a loss.

Not really, if you lose as a solo queuer against a premade you don’t lose anything, you will even gain a point if it was a close loss. This is in fact the issue with the current system, you can gain points so much faster as a solo queuer than a team queuer – I wouldn’t be surprised if 90% of the top 100 players are predominantly solo queuers.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Not really, if you lose as a solo queuer against a premade you don’t lose anything, you will even gain a point if it was a close loss.

Actually if you have 0% chance of winning as predicted by the matcher, you will lose a point, unless you score 200 pts….which is really hard against a team that you have a 0% chance of winning.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Not really, if you lose as a solo queuer against a premade you don’t lose anything, you will even gain a point if it was a close loss.

Actually if you have 0% chance of winning as predicted by the matcher, you will lose a point, unless you score 200 pts….which is really hard against a team that you have a 0% chance of winning.

Zerging one point and not letting them kill you would get you the point. Seems pretty simple if you know this is going to happen after a few minutes tell your team and if your lucky they listen. If not play as smart as you can.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Zerging one point and not letting them kill you would get you the point. Seems pretty simple if you know this is going to happen after a few minutes tell your team and if your lucky they listen. If not play as smart as you can.

You are theorycrafting. I never see it happen that way with the kind of teams who have 0-19% chance of winning. They just don’t think that way, and they don’t listen.

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

You are theorycrafting. I never see it happen that way with the kind of teams who have 0-19% chance of winning. They just don’t think that way, and they don’t listen.

It’s really not theorycrafting….. just hold that point you will hit 200.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

NeXeD,

I meant that you were theory crafting about player strategy. Inexperienced players with a 0 to 19% chance of winning can’t be cat-herded into such reasonable, strategic behavior, in my experience.

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

NeXeD,

I meant that you were theory crafting about player strategy. Inexperienced players with a 0 to 19% chance of winning can’t be cat-herded into such reasonable, strategic behavior, in my experience.

Yeah I’m not saying they will do it but you can try, make it known that is a solution to those type of games… because you are getting outplayed its going to happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Wintersnight.3061

Wintersnight.3061

NeXeD,

this is absolutely true. I have been in a lot of games were you recognize the people on the other team and know you are going to get stomped by a teamq – you try in the beginning to fight for the 400 points, then try for 300, then…just try to talk people into just thinking about getting 200 points. those games should be on comedy Central…I don’t know what’s more funny to see….Cats Running all over the place…or the dumb kitten (me int his instance) trying to herd them lol

Cindy Lou Who, Retired Ranger
Quinn Wintersnight, Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

match scores should never affect the leaderboards because match scores to not accurately represent contribution. It would just end up with people focusing on points rather than winning the game

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

match scores should never affect the leaderboards because match scores to not accurately represent contribution. It would just end up with people focusing on points rather than winning the game

Its not the individual points that matter….. everyone is well aware individual scores mean nothing for game score.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

games with a 0-19% chance of winning are very rare. maybe in the lowest population time of day?

in PvP

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

Honestly fighting over the -1 when facing no chance is exagerating… Cause such games rarely happen, as those games are full pugs where NOONE has brains vs one of the top 20 teams in the region.

If such a game happens, you try to salvage it by zerging your home point and play a safe 1 spot game where you toss a roamer to far if the better team zergs you back at your home point. I won’t say it might not fail and you’d still end up with 100- points.
But the odds of these games happening are almost null. Especially when MMR get accustomed again, atm they’ve been flattened out as premaders had their MMR reduced since their solo queue activities (which weren’t 70%+) got mixed with team queue MMR.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

games with a 0-19% chance of winning are very rare. maybe in the lowest population time of day?

if match prediction says the team only has 0-19% to win, in most cases, they will not even break past 200 team score before the match ended.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

you talk like as if it is very easy to get those 200 team points if match prediction says your team has 0 – 19% chance to win the match.

really good teams will try their very best to make sure your team does not get more than 100 team points.

all of the time, they will try their very hardest to make sure your team gets 0 team score.

in PvP

Posted by: klarkc.3754

klarkc.3754

And about playing with a new profession, this system will not penalize these people? The current system use a different odds of winning when you play with a new profession, right? If you take the average points per game, you will not disable this feature?

To me seems that this system is just removing all the current advantages of “odds of winning” system, or at least throwing the relevance to the ground.

If you wanna a average points per game, is not better start the system from scratch and only take a fixed points per win / number of games?

(edited by klarkc.3754)

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

you talk like as if it is very easy to get those 200 team points if match prediction says your team has 0 – 19% chance to win the match.

really good teams will try their very best to make sure your team does not get more than 100 team points.

all of the time, they will try their very hardest to make sure your team gets 0 team score.

It’s not difficult, zerg the one point, if the better team feels like it they can try to take your point by throwing 5 people at one of your points. But if they don’t you have an easy 200 points.

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Happens during high times too. Yesterday I faced full premades twice in high times with a 3Q-1Q-1Q. Took it to a very close loss both times and got +2pts for the loss. This meant we had a 0-19% chance of wining. Both times we had over 480 to their 500. It is possible, it all depends on who is on your team. If you get in solo with fairly new players, this would not be accomplished. At least ours knew what they were doing.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros