Top player at end of game

in PvP

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

So im curious because it seems as though in the expansion win or lose your personal skill will be taking into consideration either through most dmg most healing most decap/caps ex.

But it seems very evident to me that the true skillful players will be the ones who are able to hold 1v2s or setup +1s while your team wins the other points with ease. But when you take the stats/points at the end of the game you most likely will have the least of everyone even though your doing the most for your team in the big picture of things.

im worried anet wont give these players their due/praise in leagues and the system your going to use when finding out who is doing the most for their team.

Can i get a word from anet on how you will be acknowledging these players

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Only team final score and win/loss will have an impact on your league progression, personal score will be ininfluent.

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Personal stats have nothing to do with your ranking

in PvP

official.7362

im not talking about point score im talking about the way the expansion is going to take into consideration your efforts in the match from either the dmg, decaps, healing, condi remvol, ex. that you do in the game

maybe i read it wrong but thats what i got from anet on the expansion that it would take into factor your personal play in the game win or loss

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

im not talking about point score im talking about the way the expansion is going to take into consideration your efforts in the match from either the dmg, decaps, healing, condi remvol, ex. that you do in the game

maybe i read it wrong but thats what i got from anet on the expansion that it would take into factor your personal play in the game win or loss

See:

Only team final score and win/loss will have an impact on your league progression, personal score will be ininfluent.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

official.7362

well thats a major letdown if it is so this game will continue to have a toxic enviorment of 1 person on your team bringing down the entire team i dont care what bracket ur in

If you made a system where individual skill win or loss matterd then people would feel a greater need to play harder during losing matches and there for have a greater chance of bringing your team back from a seemingly lost game and you wouldnt feel angry at others for not doing their job during the match

Wow my dreams are broken i thought i could ignore bad players for once and just focus on my own skill/effort/achievements during matches

(edited by official.7362)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

So im curious because it seems as though in the expansion win or lose your personal skill will be taking into consideration either through most dmg most healing most decap/caps ex.

But it seems very evident to me that the true skillful players will be the ones who are able to hold 1v2s or setup +1s while your team wins the other points with ease. But when you take the stats/points at the end of the game you most likely will have the least of everyone even though your doing the most for your team in the big picture of things.

im worried anet wont give these players their due/praise in leagues and the system your going to use when finding out who is doing the most for their team.

Can i get a word from anet on how you will be acknowledging these players

It’s hard to awknowledge these players because it’s hard to determine exactly what an effect a 1v2 can offer.

• A person 1v2 players for 15 seconds or more on a contested node (or yours) while your entire team is battling elsewhere can and will help your team out very, very well.
  • A person 1v2 players for 10 seconds or less on a node that isn’t yours (or contested) while your team is out rotated (1 member just respawned, 3 other team members on the node are at half health and handicapped) can and will hurt your team very, very badly.

If no one here in the PvP community have a solution (we throw out ideas all the time) then Anet probably doesn’t either….

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

If you want to be truly competitive with Leagues, the way Anet designed it, one must form up teams (premades) and then it is up to each team to evaluate if their members are fully fulfilling their roles. That way one can progress as a team which is needed to beat other teams, which is of great benefit compared to teams consisting of soloers/duos/tripples where it may factor more on individual skill (where you dont know who youll end up with in your pug group).

As soloers this system will always hinder you (though potentially less if you farm alot of games to overcome loss ratio), so if you want to overcome this obstacle, forming a team is the way, much like the effectiveness premades have in “high end” Dungeon/fractal runs compared to randoms in LFG tool.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

official.7362

I wouldnt even mind forming a team but like everyone knows in this game anet makes it kitten near impossible to see if someones good or not unless you play with them for numerous games until u figure it out sort of. Really the only way you can make a competitive team in this game is to have EVERY member of the team stream their gameplay so you can watch it back as a team and see where the mistakes are. Thats how the top teams right now do it and frankly if u want to compete then u have to do this too which is hard enough finding ppl to do that let alone get a good practice schedule that everyone can meet up on.

Its a shame because anet should just make a system that shows skill level to everyone so we can start to actually form teams in a less stressful environment of finding good players.. If u havnt noticed yet anet everyone thinks they are the best at this game (spoiler they arent) We need to know these things to make a competitive environment viable in this game. And anet needs to give us more incentive to make a teams if thats the route they want us to go otherwise just make the game completely soloq based you have to choose 1

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

How to fix:
Make more ways to get points, like fighting on decap etc

Make win lose factor to multiply your points, like you will get 2x more of your score as points if you win, or 1x if you lose, this will teach slackers and bad players to fight better harder stronger.

But still what we will get with that is 5ppl capping 1 point for 10pts, mby making points from cap teamwise and punish them for getting decaped like -10points teamwise, that would force awardnes and rotation(that is what IS NEEDED) in team force someone to tank/defend other to attack or THINK when its proper time to atack not just rushing and dying like moron.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

well thats a major letdown if it is so this game will continue to have a toxic enviorment of 1 person on your team bringing down the entire team i dont care what bracket ur in

If you made a system where individual skill win or loss matterd then people would feel a greater need to play harder during losing matches and there for have a greater chance of bringing your team back from a seemingly lost game and you wouldnt feel angry at others for not doing their job during the match

Wow my dreams are broken i thought i could ignore bad players for once and just focus on my own skill/effort/achievements during matches

If they based it off of personal score it would lead to even more of those idiots that jump on a point you are already capping to improve their personal score.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in PvP

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

What if they did something like:

Assit Kills: rewarded for assisting in finishing off players already in combat.

Defense Points: rewarded based on time while in combat while defending a point.

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Personal score does not factor into Leagues at all, only team score.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Why can’t we just have solo q back? Also bring back queueing from outside of the mist, everyone wants it.

Im not sure if I quite understand the system, do we need to be in a party in order to get to legendary division or can you get their by yourself solo?

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Thank you for clarifying. I see newer players constantly referring to the personal score. I lost a game the other day, and I said gg. A player on the other team is tells his team that he was the mvp and tells them “your welcome” to them. I was so annoyed with his poor sportsmanship, I had to respond, but the game ended before I could fully type my response.

I really think abolishing personal score is the way to go. You don’t get much time at the end of a match to check your stats from the game. But I think only showing stats would be better than confusing players like the one I encountered into thinking they are better than other players on the team, when they actually contributed little. Here are some relevant stats that are worth seeing:

-Damage Done
-Healing Done
-Time fighting on Point in combat
-Kills
-Deaths
-Assists
-Decaps
-Rez
-Rallies
-How many times you got rezed or rallied
-Team score participation (This counts how many points can be connected to you. So if you down a boss mob for 25 points you get that, if you cap a point, you get all those points for while you control it, helping kill a boss gives you 150 points/number of players that got kill, etc)

And probably many more.

Basicly, I hope you expand on the stats system and get rid of the personal score system. It tells us nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

As much as I don’t like it I get why it has to be purely team score based – it’s the best way to prevent exploitation. Technically I don’t think it’s even team score based, it’s simply based on Win/Loss. You gain a mark for a win or lose a mark for a loss (once you’re ranked high enough). I thought that was what all the recent talk about leagues explained, and I’ll be the first to say I might be wrong, but if I’m right the OP didn’t actually look at the system they’re using before critiquing it.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

I personally think they should just scrap personal score because it’s too misleading for new players and gives older players little valid information that they couldn’t have already worked out. The extra stats they give are enough.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

It’s disappointing at the moment, because even if you’ve played well you still lose time and time again – It just seems that often your effort and/or performance have no bearing on the outcome of the match, which is a little disappointing imo.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

It’s disappointing at the moment, because even if you’ve played well you still lose time and time again – It just seems that often your effort and/or performance have no bearing on the outcome of the match, which is a little disappointing imo.

That’s more of just a symptom of a broken matchmaking system. I’d rather see matchmaking fixed than to try to develop some way to determine who played well on a team.

in PvP

official.7362

I never said personal score…..

I was under the impression that the things you accomplish during the game would take into consideration at the end of the game and how you move up or down the ladder win or lose in leagues.

aka
dmg delt
healing done
rezzes
caps
ex….
ex….
ex…..

i actually found this refreshing because it took into account your personal efforts to carry your team and set your team up for a better win even if you had terrible players on your team.. you could lose and still feel like you played a great game and were rewarded for it by moving up in the league even tho you lost.

I gatta say this not being a fact has ruined the idea of fun soloq to me. (ps u better have a kittening soloq)

if you dont have a soloq at least force teamplay and make it easy to form teams and keep them kind of like world of wacraft did which is to say you had to form a team to play ranked and if you didnt work through things with your team and actually give it a good effort you had to leave and start your rank/stats all over again with another dfifferent team

ps i too think personal score should be removed it does nothing but harm

in PvP

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

they need to have a better pvp stats progression.
as of now we literally cant find out about whats going on and what went wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Then what’s the point of personal score… a score that 70% of players tend to go by and it’s not politically correct at all.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Is Leagues only for teams or is there a solo component?

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Can you give any word whether or not you’re going to be bringing back solo Q? You made the game free to play so anyone that wants to just pvp for example will be able to experience just that. However I personally don’t think that they are going to stay long once they figure out that premade groups will always have the advantage as opposed to solo players without the option of solo Q.

TLDR: If you don’t add a solo q option the new players will see themselves out just as fast as they welcomed themselves into your game.

Countless