Top20 SoloQ

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Glorious Hero’s armor was intended to be something special. Only really good players should be able to obtain it.

This now going to be changed:

For your efforts, we’ll be awarding a piece of Glorious Hero’s armor to the top 20 players on both the solo and team arena leaderboards.

This thread is to create awareness of the problem, and to QQ a bit about it. I hoped if more players participated in the SoloQ, this problem will not exist anymore the close we get to the patch, but unfortunately it still does.

On the following examples I’m going to show you some examples of people, who would get an armor piece if the cut was now (13:00 CET).

EU
Rank 1: peeterske.9134 with a total of 19 victories (last one on 8th of Jannuary).
Rank 2: sebeca.9465 with a total of 18 games played since end of April. (his first appearance on gw2score.com)
Rank 3: starguard.5028 Last victory on 23rd of April
Rank 4: Owii.9513 25 victories in total, 15 victories since the collecting of data.
Rank 12: deltratori.9350 Last victory 21th of December 2013!
Rank 21: just out of the cut: SovaBH.9652 a total of 13 victories
Rank 22: stancer.4085 Two matches since April.

NA
Rank 1: Aaron.2413 4 games since 30th of jannuary.
Rank 2: Remko.9801 last victory on 13th of June.
Rank 3: Meme.3894 4 games since September, played more frequently before.
Rank 4: SENA LEE.5389 total of 13 games.
Rank 5: kairitaro.4306 total of 12 games.
Rank 6: cmcmc.4179 only accounted for 3 games on gw2score.com
Rank 7: Mr Eighty Seven.5263 Last Victory on 10th of September.
Rank 8: SKnew.8612 5 games since June.
Rank 9: Lawtie.6531 Looks like 2 games since Jannuary.
Rank 10: ventusthunder.5067 Accounted for 5 games on gw2scorecom.

..no point in more examples…
We have no clue how many players are waiting out there, to play just their one game before the patch goes lives.

How is this problem generated?
To get placed into the leaderboard, you only have to play a total of 10 games, but only 1 game after the last leaderboard reset. During the first few games your glicko2-rating fluctuated so high, that after a small win streak, you get placed at the top of the ladder. You are not forced to continue to play, because the decay only effects your ladder position and not your rating.
If you continue to play, your glicko2-rating will decrease. Even after maintaining a high win rate and a high ladder position, you can not reach the same rating a player who has just stopped playing after his first win streak. This is due to the mechanic of the glicko2-rating system. Because if you are at the top of the leaderboard, your average team rating in a match will be beneath your own rating, and therefore your own rating will tend to decrease.

How to fix this problem?
Easiest solution: Don’t hand out any rewards for SoloQ.
Better Solution: Change the formular you are handing out rewards. Something like minimum games played this week; or spent more then 100 games in the top 100. Problem: If people would have known, they would have played for that goal, so not a perfect idea, to change the rules so close to the end.

Any better suggestion are welcome.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

(edited by Teutos.8620)

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Hope this will get better after the next patch. SoloQ rankings ar a joke atm. This week I lost a few matches in a row which made me drop like 500 ranks. Can’t be the purpose of a leaderboard.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Teutos.8620

Hope this will get better after the next patch. SoloQ rankings ar a joke atm. This week I lost a few matches in a row which made me drop like 500 ranks. Can’t be the purpose of a leaderboard.

Different problem. Please keep this thread reserved for the upcoming leaderboard-rank-reward-distribution discussion.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

HeadCrowned.6834

Different problem. Please keep this thread reserved for the upcoming leaderboard-rank-reward-distribution discussion.

The problem is the same, namely that the leaderboard is broken. If you drop fast you can increase fast in rank as well, and therefore obtain this ‘’special armor’’ very easily.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Teutos.8620

The problem is the same, namely that the leaderboard is broken. If you drop fast you can increase fast in rank as well, and therefore obtain this ‘’special armor’’ very easily.

I don’t want to talk about the different flaws of the leaderboard, since I don’t have your glicko2 rating numbers to crunch.

In this thread I want to hear your opinion, if you think, the reward distribution is a good and fair idea, or the process should get changed.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

HeadCrowned.6834

There is no point in discussing it if you see that distribution system apart from the leaderboards, but oke. Who cares about PvE rewards anyway.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: XerreX.7196

XerreX.7196

Beware of the noname army ranking up 34173 ranks hours before the reset : D

If Anet has any common sense for giving us rewards now, introducing a minimum games played barrier even now is VERY STRONGLY ADVIZED.

: 3

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Teutos.8620

There is no point in discussing it if you see that distribution system apart from the leaderboards, but oke. Who cares about PvE rewards anyway.

You have played many games. The glicko2 system should know by know where you should be placed. The ‘ratings reliability’- value seems to want to place you barely in the top 1000. In your case, it might not be the system, but you as a player.

Skins are not PvE rewards. Skins are prestige rewards. The kind of prestige only the big tournament winners deserve.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

Glorious Hero’s armor was intended to be something special. Only really good players should be able to obtain it.

This now going to be changed:

For your efforts, we’ll be awarding a piece of Glorious Hero’s armor to the top 20 players on both the solo and team arena leaderboards.

This thread is to create awareness of the problem, and to QQ a bit about it. I hoped if more players participated in the SoloQ, this problem will not exist anymore the close we get to the patch, but unfortunately it still does.

On the following examples I’m going to show you some examples of people, who would get an armor piece if the cut was now (13:00 CET).

EU
Rank 1: peeterske.9134 with a total of 19 victories (last one on 8th of Jannuary).
Rank 2: sebeca.9465 with a total of 18 games played since end of April. (his first appearance on gw2score.com)
Rank 3: starguard.5028 Last victory on 23rd of April
Rank 4: Owii.9513 25 victories in total, 15 victories since the collecting of data.
Rank 12: deltratori.9350 Last victory 21th of December 2013!
Rank 21: just out of the cut: SovaBH.9652 a total of 13 victories
Rank 22: stancer.4085 Two matches since April.

NA
Rank 1: Aaron.2413 4 games since 30th of jannuary.
Rank 2: Remko.9801 last victory on 13th of June.
Rank 3: Meme.3894 4 games since September, played more frequently before.
Rank 4: SENA LEE.5389 total of 13 games.
Rank 5: kairitaro.4306 total of 12 games.
Rank 6: cmcmc.4179 only accounted for 3 games on gw2score.com
Rank 7: Mr Eighty Seven.5263 Last Victory on 10th of September.
Rank 8: SKnew.8612 5 games since June.
Rank 9: Lawtie.6531 Looks like 2 games since Jannuary.
Rank 10: ventusthunder.5067 Accounted for 5 games on gw2scorecom.

..no point in more examples…
We have no clue how many players are waiting out there, to play just their one game before the patch goes lives.

How is this problem generated?
To get placed into the leaderboard, you only have to play a total of 10 games, but only 1 game after the last leaderboard reset. During the first few games your glicko2-rating fluctuated so high, that after a small win streak, you get placed at the top of the ladder. You are not forced to continue to play, because the decay only effects your ladder position and not your rating.
If you continue to play, your glicko2-rating will decrease. Even after maintaining a high win rate and a high ladder position, you can not reach the same rating a player who has just stopped playing after his first win streak. This is due to the mechanic of the glicko2-rating system. Because if you are at the top of the leaderboard, your average team rating in a match will be beneath your own rating, and therefore your own rating will tend to decrease.

How to fix this problem?
Easiest solution: Don’t hand out any rewards for SoloQ.
Better Solution: Change the formular you are handing out rewards. Something like minimum games played this week; or spent more then 100 games in the top 100. Problem: If people would have known, they would have played for that goal, so not a perfect idea, to change the rules so close to the end.

Any better suggestion are welcome.

yup. all they have to do just play one more game on Dec 2th right before the update to get armpr stuff.

So I told anet to expand reward range for soloQ only but who is anet? they don’t listen to people, very stubborn lol

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Anet should pull these leaderboard rewards before its too late. None of the current top 20 deserves these rewards

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

HeadCrowned.6834

You have played many games. The glicko2 system should know by know where you should be placed. The ‘ratings reliability’- value seems to want to place you barely in the top 1000. In your case, it might not be the system, but you as a player.

Skins are not PvE rewards. Skins are prestige rewards. The kind of prestige only the big tournament winners deserve.

Apparently you don’t understand the point I tried to make; the system does not know where to place many players like me. If you are rank 400 one day and the next day out of the top 1000, the system is not sufficient. Therefore, the reward system ain’t sufficient either. You tried to make the same point by your example of all those players that are in the top 20 with just a few games played. Can’t see what’s your problem mate.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

EU

hahahahaha what the kitten man

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I really don’t think that the GH armor should be handed out the way it has been outlined. If they want it to be a real reward with meaning, it shouldn’t go to people based off the leaderboards. Base it off of the 20 best win percentages with 500 games played or something like that.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Its not like they are giving away real $$$ or precursor .

And its almost the same armor as the glorious from the reward track . When you’re high, there’s no difference at all between the two .

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Teutos.8620

Its not like they are giving away real $$$ or precursor .

And its almost the same armor as the glorious from the reward track . When you’re high, there’s no difference at all between the two .

They should better give away a precursor. Far less worth then the Glorious Hero’s armor.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Aaron is mike. Aka backpack. Cmc is cmc
PS: glorious armor looks like crap and who wants llamas..nothing special here.

Säïnt

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Yeah, I really don’t care for the armor. It’s only once piece, and it honestly doesn’t look that much different from the reward track (unless you have the full set). If it was a full set, then yeah it would probably be worth getting upset about.

Gimma dat llama doe

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

This is the real unfairness in my opinion. People who didn’t play any game for some time( or even at all) will get rewarded thanks to decay.

Players who did try to climb got hurt by all the 4v5, the bad matchmakings( 3 beginners against 5 top100/legendary champions with 2 eles 1 engi), the afk/rage quits, etc.. leading to a big rating lose for me too. Actually, the last week was really a pain, i don’t know if i was unlucky, but i never had that many issues in solo queue..

On the other hand, it is only 1 piece of armor given to 20 players, it’s not that a big problem…

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Seiishizo.7162

Seiishizo.7162

leaderboard top 20 is gonna be full of people not playing the game anymore XD

http://i.imgur.com/WpMWCNn.png

Owner and creator of http://www.gw2score.com
Btw: It’s Sey-Shi-zo ^.^

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Wait until you guys see how much my decayed r1 account bumps up after I remove the decay ;D

KENYAN LUX FORTUNA INCOMINGGGG

[SoF]

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

Maybe a couple of such people might end up top xx, but its only so bad atm because everyone is waiting to play 1 game tomorrow.

Fixi

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

I played my 1 game today. FML should of played it tomorrow.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Seiishizo.7162

and we got a complete new top 5 again XD

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

It’s even worse tbh. You do not even need to get a winstreak.

About a year ago I was happily playing on the #100 – #200 bracket. At some point I had to stop playing for about a month, and for my first game after that I was matched on a game far beyond my level.
Not only did I COMPLETELY ruin the match but, for some strange reason, I got bumped to somewhere close to rank #30. Since I didn’t want to climb down positions by farming loses, I stopped playing SoloQ and moved to TeamQ.

Today, after several months without playing there, I’ve decided to test the system again and the result has been pretty much the same.
I’ve been matched with and against far better players than me, I’ve lost (probably contributing a lot to it) and atm I’m #9 EU.

I’m fairly sure that most people in my situation will play their matches tomorrow, as close to the patch as possible, so I won’t be in that top 20.
But, if by any chance I’m still there, I officially request ANet to keep the armor and to think it twice in the future before delivering the arguably most prestigious item of the game based on a completely broken tool.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: exii.8913

exii.8913

The best example why the rankings are completely broken.
Thanks for this thread.

Dear anet,
please reward the top 20 players with the actual highest MMR instead.
Thx

Will quit when the addon appears. Wont pay for turrets, cele amulet and shoutbow meta trash.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Seiishizo.7162

Thanks for this thread.

Dear anet,
Thx

Highest MMR are people who don’t play anymore ^.^ that won’t fix it

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

i think the bigger problem is that 80% of the people top 100 already have a llama mini

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Seiishizo.7162

i think the bigger problem is that 80% of the people top 100 already have a llama mini

I don’t see how a miniature is a ‘reward’ in general… they are good for nothing and you can’t even use them during pvp orsomething. and its not specially to get them orso

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: exii.8913

exii.8913

Thanks for this thread.

Dear anet,
Thx

Highest MMR are people who don’t play anymore ^.^ that won’t fix it

Quote from wikipedia (last part is important):

[…] of a player’s rating. For example, a player with a rating of 1500 and an RD of 50 has a real strength between 1400 and 1600 with 95% confidence. Twice the RD is added and subtracted from their rating to calculate this range. After a game, the amount the rating changes depends on the RD: the change is smaller when the player’s RD is low (since their rating is already considered accurate), and also when their opponent’s RD is high (since the opponent’s true rating is not well known, so little information is being gained). The RD itself decreases after playing a game, but it will increase slowly over time of inactivity.

Thought this got influence on MMR

Will quit when the addon appears. Wont pay for turrets, cele amulet and shoutbow meta trash.

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It is kind of funny that if I hadn’t queued since March, I would easily have gotten top 20 just by playing one game — win or lose. But since I’m active in solo queue to this day, my matchmaking rating has deteriorated since not many high-rated people play solo queue anymore.

But that’s the problem with basing the leaderboards off matchmaking rating. Thankfully, that problem is being fixed tomorrow.

Yeah it was pretty terrible. The game punished people that played soloq actively and on a regular basis. Once you get high on the leaderboards you need ridiculous win streaks to keep climbing because nobody above you plays. So you might get all these wins, but they’re against lower MMR players, so you hardly move. However, when you lose, and you eventually will, you drop like a rock.

It was just a vicious cycle and I’m glad it’s about to be gone.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Top20 SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Morderger.6298

Morderger.6298

Reward should go to people with say 2-3k games played or more.

Morderger – Elementalist / Zarnik – Warrior /Zerlurd – Ranger/ Slurd -Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/morderger