Torment and Confusion

Torment and Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: GhandiBot.6257

GhandiBot.6257

So, I’m sitting on the kittenter, trying to drop a log and was bored. There’s an easy fix to all of these condition complaints. I think is derives from the spammability of confusion and torment since they are easily applicable and do a lot of damage (burns don’t last long and bleeds need a ton of stacks). Why not make confusion and torment’s application only active, but significantly increase that active damage, and completely remove the passive damage. So torment doesn’t do any damage when you’re not moving, and confusion doesn’t do any damage if you’re not using skills, but if their active damage is increased.

This does a couple of things:
More counter play to condition spamming.
Condition specs require a higher skill cap (let’s face it they’re easier to play than power).
I’d assume that this would be an easy fix for ANet.

Torment and Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Confusion used to be like that at launch, it got reworked because it became virtually useless if your opponent looked at his conditions every once in a while.

And confusion/torment isn’t nearly as prevalent as poison, bleed and burning.

Torment and Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Confusion used to be like that at launch, it got reworked because it became virtually useless if your opponent looked at his conditions every once in a while.

Confusion got the rework more so it had a use in PvE where an enemy usually uses a single skill once every 3-5 seconds.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Torment and Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Confusion got the rework more so it had a use in PvE where an enemy usually uses a single skill once every 3-5 seconds.

I thought it was from the glorious tears of heartseeker spamming thieves lmao

I miss the old mechanics for confusion, could counter play a condition without a cleanse.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Torment and Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

yeah I don’t like how they currently are. it’s basically gives you the illusion that you can respond to these condis by not moving or not using skills but in reality they’re just op conditions. I understand buffing them for pve because they are designed for pvp, but in pvp they are too strong and if I have a stack of confusion my only option is to run and i end up taking more damage from not using skills anyway. And you can sit still while having torment to reduce damage but you will notice this will get you killed faster. its not a fun mechanic.

They should be made to make an opponent shut down for a couple seconds, or avoid spamming skills, but how pvp is you can’t afford to do this because they will kill you if you stop doing anything so whats the point.

Torment and Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The truth is that we need real splits between the game modes, not just skill splits. Torment and Confusion cannot work the same way in PvP and in PvE without being broken in at least one of those modes (either too kitten to be useful or very, very powerful for how much access some classes have).

The game modes need to be split once and for all. This includes conditions and boons, not just number tweaks on skills (that almost always get unsplit later anyway….). And in competitive game modes, fewer skills need to be shoving out boons and conditions period.

Torment and Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Confusion used to work the way the OP wants. They nerfed it by 50% mainly because of WvW because people were too dumb to look at their buff bar and notice that they had confusion, and they’d blow themselves up. So the big nerf. Add to that the massive portal nerf, and almost no one played mesmer anymore.

They much later added the passive confusion damage to bring it back to competition and to make a condi build more viable for pve. Previously, mesmers just used power for pve.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Torment and Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

What if they gave the “damage on skill use” part of the confusion damage an internal cooldown of 1s, that would tone down its potential damage quite a bit. (against high actions per minute builds mainly)

(edited by santenal.1054)

Torment and Confusion

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

What if they gave the “damage on skill use” part of the confusion damage an internal cooldown of 1s, that would tone down its potential damage quite a bit. (against high actions per minute builds mainly)

Those are the exact kinds of builds Confusion was designed to punish.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver