Total amount of Solo Arena PvP Players

in PvP

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

This is based off this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Is-my-Solo-arena-rating-bugged

To simply sum it up, every win has given me ~1% increase and once I reached top 1000, every win has given me an average of +60 places, sometimes a little bit more or less.
So to sum it up, we have the 1000 players in the top 1000, if we take the average of 60 places per win, that would make it 60×100 (the percents) which would equal 6000, plus the 1000 players in the top 1000, that makes a total of 7000 players currently playing Solo Arena.

How you want to approach this info is up to you, as there’s still different factors not considered. For example, can you technically be below 0% and if yes, how many players are under 0%? My numbers are most likely not entirely accurate either, as the 1% increase could perhaps be 1.1%, since you don’t see any decimals. But if we just approach the information plain and simple. I would say ~7000 players, give or take a few hundred up or down.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

This is very unreliable, as the MMR spread between different players at the top of the LB is likely completely different to from 0-90%.

A much better way is to note what your percentile is before you reach the top 1000 and then extrapolate from there. IE, if you’re 90th percentile and then you get 1000, it’s probable that there’s 10k players – 1000*10.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

This is very unreliable, as the MMR spread between different players at the top of the LB is likely completely different to from 0-90%.

Using only anecdotal evidence I’d say this is the truth.
After the reset I was stuck in “ELO hell”, being placed ~30%, but I quickly managed to raise above it gaining sometimes up to 5% per win. However, from 80% ’till now I need at least 3-5 wins to get a single percent and keep it.

in PvP

Posted by: aleks.5473

aleks.5473

In your mat equation you missed a very important factor – 2-th acc
Many ppl play, get top places on leader board and then play from different acc’s.

Shadowsong Bg, Zagorka bg – r61
Champ mesmer, engy, rangar, necro, guardian, warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

A much better way is to note what your percentile is before you reach the top 1000 and then extrapolate from there. IE, if you’re 90th percentile and then you get 1000, it’s probable that there’s 10k players – 1000*10.

You’re completely right. I overlooked some basic information.
As for the percentile to leaderboard transition, I went to it from 90%, give or take a percent.

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

7000 seems excessive. I think if you accounted for players who actively participated in the past week the number would be much less. Then if you removed players who only joined for the daily the number would only have 3 digits. HOWEVER, the numbers are steadily on the rise and the new communication from Anet is excellent. With a high rate of Anet posts, detailed blogs and the pvp specific streams the player confidence is steadily increasing and thus bringing old friends/players back from word of mouth and vods alone.

Anet are on the move and will be a steadily growing power house in the next six months to a year. The finer wrinkles have been ironed out (so to speak) and the serious stuff can now be worked on in force. With the new gold system coming to town some serious bucks can be made from the PvP community (which I welcome, as most of us do) who will/ have been ready to pour in the cash to support the game regardless.

TLDR: Yes, we may currently be low in numbers but we as a community are united in the belief of the games potential. With new leadership and seemingly new direction I strongly believe we have a LOT to look forward to over the next 6 months / 1 year.

IGN: Aussie Archer

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

no – you are not in leaderboard before do atleast 11 games

and to find out how many players we have in soloQ just check your friend/guild leaerboard list and writ here the highest % you can find

i start – highest i see is 82% (EU-Solo)

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

no – you are not in leaderboard before do atleast 11 games

and to find out how many players we have in soloQ just check your friend/guild leaerboard list and writ here the highest % you can find

i start – highest i see is 82% (EU-Solo)

Really? Isn’t (fkin anet filters) it 5 games? I’ve been top 500 ever since I started, dipped down to maybe 700 once. I am now #281 and every win I get i gain like 5 or 10 places

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

(edited by Ruru.1302)

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

it doessnt matter how much you gain or lose per win cause this is calculated from how high mmr is in your group and your enemy

when you beat stronger opponents you gain more when you fail vs baddies athan you lose alot

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

You don’t need to look for numbers to know that there’s a ridiculously low number of people queuing. At mid percentile games (60-80 ish %) if you keep queue up right after the game ended you WILL play again with the same people that you queued before, at MID percentiles… I wouldn’t be surprised if the number of pve’rs playing the mini games (keg brawl etc) for the daily and achievement was superior to the regular pvpers number.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

There was probably an increase in participation when solo queue was added to the dailies. I am sure that increase disappeared after a few days when people realized how much time it takes to complete that daily.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

This also includes PvE-ers that Solo Q’d once.

It actually takes 11 games to be rated.

Also, anyone who hasn’t played since the reset is not rated.

So my best guess is:

There are currently between 10k and 20k players who have played at least 11 solo queue matches in the NA region in the last three weeks.

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

So my best guess is:

There are currently between 10k and 20k players who have played at least 11 solo queue matches in the NA region in the last three weeks.

Which is pretty sketchy tbh. Veck has been on the leader board with 13 wins and 0 losses basically the entire 3 weeks, and many of the players also have very low numbers of games. I consider myself relatively casual compared to many players I see and have logged about 250 games by now.

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

So my best guess is:

I think this is the most accurate guess. I was definitely at 93% before I reached top 1000 so it is atleast 15k.

Edit: this is EU