Tournament Chat Room

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

When I was reading the comments in the twitch chat room in this week’s Go4GuildWars2 NA cup, I was really appalled by the number of toxic comments targetting specific players. There needs to be better monitoring of such behaviour, as such behaviour is hurtful not only to the players actually playing the game, but also to the competitive scene itself. If guild wars 2 is to become esports, more maturity is required of the community and better monitoring is needed by the stream itself.

I have no idea how to fix this, but hopefully this raises some awareness.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

Yea here is evidence
http://imgur.com/PzhUb5Z

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

you should see the twitch chats for league of legends…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Yea here is evidence
http://imgur.com/PzhUb5Z

Well… If someone is bad, everyone is going to let you know you bad.

Like basketball, when some team is bad… Everyone lets them know they bad.

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

This is really no different then the middle aged fat and drunk men who call football players and when they’ve never played a game themselves.

Welcome to sporting events, people talk trash and a bunch of hypocrites.

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

just other sign of its improving success , though rules should be in place for Very Abusive language.

the above imgur , isn’t that abusive or rude or insulting to other twitch users.
when an auguement does break out both parties of the arguement should be muted or removed from the channel.

just like a Football match, if it gets any worse than that, Turn off the chat all together and leave the message due to abusive language chat has been turned off, then turn it back on after the match for Q and A or so twitch users can talk between themselfs till the show is over.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Because people are expecting the highest level of play when they watch the finals. And when a player dies 15 times in 2 games they get dissapointed.

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Because people are expecting the highest level of play when they watch the finals. And when a player dies 15 times in 2 games they get dissapointed.

Hey give credit where it’s due, he also won many teamfights to his team with well timed backstabs.
Everytime someone went down with most of his cooldowns up it was caed’s work.

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

I’ve never been one to care about what people think. All that I got out of that was how little people understand the game. Our team as a whole has a lot to improve on, just a matter of putting in the time.

Attachments:

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

People target Caed because he’s good. If he wasn’t good people wouldn’t bother pointing it out any time he dies or makes a mistake.

Really, it’s almost a compliment that people are bothering to heckle him so regularly.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Caed is one of the best players , I think people don’t target his personal skill but his decisions. In the finals vs abjured he constantly went 1v1 against cele ele/engi and then just died due to unfavorable match up instead helping other fights .

At some point he literally engaged 1v1 with half HP against a cele engi on point. Most people in the chat room were wondering wtf is he doing.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

People target Caed because he’s good. If he wasn’t good people wouldn’t bother pointing it out any time he dies or makes a mistake.

Really, it’s almost a compliment that people are bothering to heckle him so regularly.

b-b-but justin bieber….

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

For anyone that was in the chat room for the entirety of yesterday it was a lot more than just making fun of players. In general people were being incredibly toxic toward each other to a point where it was almost kittening me off. Everyone knows Twitch chats during large events can be bad, but the only time I have seen Twitch chats get that incredibly toxic toward each other was during other GW2 events. It’s even worse considering some high tier players are the ones instigating it in certain cases. At this point I’m just considering flicking the sub mode switch on during those events.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

For anyone that was in the chat room for the entirety of yesterday it was a lot more than just making fun of players. In general people were being incredibly toxic toward each other to a point where it was almost kittening me off. Everyone knows Twitch chats during large events can be bad, but the only time I have seen Twitch chats get that incredibly toxic toward each other was during other GW2 events. It’s even worse considering some high tier players are the ones instigating it in certain cases. At this point I’m just considering flicking the sub mode switch on during those events.

Or you could just ban bkpk…

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Guard.6751

Guard.6751

IGNs: The Guardian, Guard – Main Profession: Ranger
Leaderboard Peak Rankings: #2 Solo Arena | #11 Team Arena

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

I did not instigate anything nor am I responsible for anyone else’s behavior. If everyone else was “mature” they would not say anything at all. This however is not the case, it was almost 50 people saying something when Caed died. When you play in these tournaments you subject yourself to the wrath and judgement of the almighty beings on the Internet…

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Correct. It wasn’t just a thing of players taunting the people in the tournaments. It was everyone vs everyone in general. Do the players IN the tournament instigate it a lot, YES. Everyone is at fault, including the players in the tournaments. Tournament players coming into the chat while on death spawn CD to talk trash about other players, doesn’t help matters. As far as him making a mistake and the whole world blowing up on him, that happens to every player. Nobody does or can play perfect 100% of the time. Mistakes happen and you do something dumb once in a while. I say just turn the chat off to everyone and call it a day. People can watch the stream and laugh with their mom and cats at whatever they think is stupid in the match.

I could name the top 2 tournament players that come in and talk trash all tourney, but I am pretty sure everyone knows who they are. Immature/ unprofessional.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

Okay let’s stop pointing fingers at which parties are responsible and instead focus on a solution. More mods would help, but perhaps shoutcasters could also explain why someone played a certain way that might seem questionable. I honestly have no idea how to fix such a population-wide problem, but even if we can alleviate some of that the esports scene would be better off.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Shoutcasters won’t help that problem out. The internet is not a hotbed of maturity.

Either Mods need to diffuse the situation, sub mode gets activated, or let the good times troll.

Tournament Chat Room

in PvP

Posted by: Aiya.9175

Aiya.9175

Blu makes a good point. We know who these people are, they do it week after week. Some of them post regularly on the forums, others play/lose against many of the people they watch on twitch and make snarky comments towards.
At the end of the day, it’s really up to the community to determine what level of toxicity is acceptable. If you continue to play with these people you give tacit approval to their actions.

The fact is this community isn’t full of the greatest people and, quite simply, that’s why it’s not the greatest community. I personally have no problem with Backpack’s twitch antics, but he is an archetype of the kind of player we have in this community.
I don’t wish to discredit the “silent majority” of reasonable players that don’t bother to type in twitch or forums or bm during matches, just seems like the most toxic players are also the loudest.