Tournament Daily

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: jesterchaos.5907

jesterchaos.5907

Can i ask whats the point of having a tournament DAILY when most of them are closed all day or there is just one open for a short window?. Its a dumb choice given that you cant actually get in one lol

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Blackwood.9072

Blackwood.9072

Even worse when it’s only open when you can’t even get online. For those on the NA west coast: 11:30 AM, 4:15 PM, and 1:15 AM. If you work 8-5 you’re screwed unless you are willing to stay up until 1:15 AM.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: jesterchaos.5907

jesterchaos.5907

Even worse when it’s only open when you can’t even get online. For those on the NA west coast: 11:30 AM, 4:15 PM, and 1:15 AM. If you work 8-5 you’re screwed unless you are willing to stay up until 1:15 AM.

Its pretty dumb to have it as a daily eh?

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

they are just copying wow fully . back in about march wow came out with the same thing for their pvp . shortly after that their pve went down hill . needless to say i fully dumped wow for that one. and doing the same for this game too as well . just hoping the pve stays good for a bit longer. and even after the people raged on wow about that noting changed .and i think the case will be the same here. giving that time frame is the same as wows time frame for pvp stuff

no new system upgrades coming

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

ehhh arent there 3 daily toureys per day?

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Blackwood.9072

Blackwood.9072

There are 3 daily tourneys, but the timing is awful. Take a look at world bosses though and you’ll see that are roughly 6 chances per day vs. the tourney’s 3. I’m certain to get at least 1 chance at a daily boss when not at work or sleep but with tourney’s? Fie!

Tournament Daily

in PvP

zealex.9410

i mean there are 3 chances and the dailies are already more than enough to get your daily 2g so what if you miss 1 daily? Still 3 diff tournes for diff timezones. Na and Eu are fullof diff times zones so you cant have everyone happy. So, about worl bosses what if they only time that i can do a world boss theres a hot meta going on? I cant do both so they should change the times line of the events? I do agree that 15 mins (?) most likely is too small of a window for alot of ppl.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

Once the dust is settled, we’ll finalize the schedule and then it will be on a shifting schedule. Every day, each tournament will start an hour earlier than it did the previous day.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Once the dust is settled, we’ll finalize the schedule and then it will be on a shifting schedule. Every day, each tournament will start an hour earlier than it did the previous day.

This dodged his question though. Regardless of the shifting schedule, there are still only a limited number of tournaments each day, and they are limited to specific times. If you aren’t available to play at those specific times, then you actually cannot do this daily. And it, to my knowledge, is currently the only daily in the game that is setup this way, where you have to play at certain times to complete it.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Hi Ben, do you mean that there will be more AT events added or will there still be 3 per day?

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Hi Ben, do you mean that there will be more AT events added or will there still be 3 per day?

3 per day, just the start times will shift to give people with all sorts of schedules a chance to participate.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

zealex.9410

This dodged his question though. Regardless of the shifting schedule, there are still only a limited number of tournaments each day, and they are limited to specific times. If you aren’t available to play at those specific times, then you actually cannot do this daily. And it, to my knowledge, is currently the only daily in the game that is setup this way, where you have to play at certain times to complete it.

World bosses are in certain times as well. If i understand corectly they do this to find the most suitable hors to ahve the tourneys through feedback that will get from players which isnt a terrible aproach.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: SilentSam.1589

SilentSam.1589

Finding the most suitable hours for players is wonderful but why have it as a daily in the first place. There are more than enough PvP dailies for the automated system to pick from even with the removal of the class specific ones that this doesn’t need to be there. If you look at any other dailies that are available they all either have a set timetable or none at all.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

Yeah it’s pretty ridiculous to have a daily like this when no others have a major time restriction such as this one. Even on a rotating schedule, there will be individuals that cannot get it. Yes, the rash thinkers will simply say don’t do it, but really, for a daily that has this type of restriction? Why? Monumental decision made yet again by geniuses. ::rolls eyes::

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Tournament Daily

in PvP

zealex.9410

Nobody assumes the developers are geniouses they work under diff evironments with deadline preasure and the need fo a larger test of the changes human error is a think even for devs

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Levi.3690

Levi.3690

World bosses are in certain times as well. If i understand corectly they do this to find the most suitable hors to ahve the tourneys through feedback that will get from players which isnt a terrible aproach.

PvE world bosses run much more frequently than tournaments and have a lot less hoops to jump through to join in. All of the possible world boss dailies run on either 2 or 3 hour timers, making them much easier to catch, and they don’t have additional hoops to jump to participate. You don’t have to be in parties of five or register to hop into a Shadow Behemoth fight, for example.

I’d personally prefer this daily to be replaced by something more attainable for solo players and players who can’t make the tournament times, but as long as three other attainable dailies are provided alongside the tournament one, I can deal with it.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I don’t think we mind the tournaments, especially with the shifting schedule. The problem is that they’re a Daily Achievement.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Why not just make it the way it was when the game first launched? If it’s not broke don’t fix it.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I would prefer that the the daily achievement for tournaments be changed into an alternating daily stronghold, daily 2v2 arena, and daily murderball to get people to try these different game modes on different days. The problem with the tournament daily is that it’s not accessible for most people to complete.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

The thing about dailies are they are a low-commitment thing to do in the game, this is the opposite

I have to set aside a specific time, get a group of 5 and hope the tournies dont bug out or stall (ahem currently happening)

This is the opposite of the Daily mantra essentially, people won’t be able to jsut get off work, come home, hop on and do the daily…the game will literally not let them unless they fully commit to the time frame.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

Its pretty dumb to have it as a daily eh?

Doubly so when the participation reward itself is either 2 potions or a large potion SEPARATE to the daily chest.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

I’d like to throw in an additional voice of annoyance at this daily—I used to be able to complete all my pvp dailies np but this is actively taking away my ability to regularly be rewarded for my playtime.

Tournament Daily

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

This is the only game that I have ever played where you don’t want to open the rewards (in pvp). I just delete all of the garbage boxes inside of boxes inside of bags inside of pouches for a green item that’s worth 2 copper.