Tournament Of Chat Precursors.

in PvP

Posted by: Waytodawn.8624

Waytodawn.8624

So they are giving away lama finishers and precursors to viewers on the livestream for the tournament.

So..why should any of the teams even play in the tournament if they can get the prizes by sitting in chair and reading text? I’ts a bit of a slap in the face to the players who have been practicing day in and day out for this. They wake up and find out that the prizes they are working towards are being given out to people who have put no effort into anything.

If a starcraft tournament had a prize pool of 5000 bucks and then gave 2000 bucks away to viewers in the chat room i guarantee you the players would quit.

Sure, reward people for watching by all means. But does it really have to be a precursor and finishers?

How can you be ok with screwing over players of the game just so you can get more people into a livestream?

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

This post is the first i’ve heard of this.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume that the PLAYERS will have a higher chance/better reward than the VIEWERS.

Just a guess though.

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Viewerbase is around 10k atm, 2 precursors are given away per region (EU/NA).
I don’t see anything wrong with that.

in PvP

Waytodawn.8624

Why should the viewers be able to win anything the participants can? The viewers are not entitled to anything, the players however are putting in EFFORT. Its not about the amount of prizes being given away, its about what the prizes ARE.

They literally give away a prize form the tournament for typing a random number in the chat. How in any world is that fair for players in the tournament?

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Legendary>Precursor.

Learn the bloody difference.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Waytodawn.8624

Precursors are the prize for 2nd place. We are not debating the places of prizes. What i’m saying is you can show up in the chat and get a precursor while the participants have to win matches to get it. You also have to win a match in order to get a finisher, while yet again all you have to do in the chat is type a number .

in PvP

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

How can you win a precursor as a viewer?

in PvP

Waytodawn.8624

If you really want to know, go watch the livestream.

in PvP

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

I’m watching it now, at work.

But the issue is I cant connect to the chat. Keeps saying:

“Sorry, we were unable to connect to chat. Reconnecting in 2 seconds.”

in PvP

Rym.1469

There are over 3000 viewers atm.
And one precursor.

It will even increase in numbers over time because of PvE crowds hungry for that precursor.

It would be easier to actually win that second place than to make a gamble like that and expect to win

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Wtf, precursers? srsly?

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

Here’s the philosophy guys for anyone confused: Precursor attracts pve viewers….which attracts sponsors….which attracts sponsorship dollars…which creates cash prizes….which attracts pvp viewers…which attracts more sponsors…..which expands pvp viewership and participation.

At least that’s what we are aiming for

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

Waytodawn.8624

@Rym, thats not true. You don’t go into a tournament and expect to win easy unless you are the Number 1 Seed/tournament favorite. Its not even a gamble for the people watching, you are not risking anything to gain that precursor. The participants in the tournament however, are.

I want this game to do well in the PvP scene, but this is not the way to do it. Promote skilled play and not free prizes for people watching.

(edited by Waytodawn.8624)

in PvP

Rym.1469

If I’m correct, last year’s PAX Tourny had like 1000 people watching.

Now, for couple mere game items ANet got over 3k.

Seems that it’s working. They can even giveaway some legendaries if it could bring more views for GW2 PvP, they’re still ugly and so common in the game that I wouldn’t care.