Tournament Of Legends: Signups and Dates

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I am not in this tournament and I pvp mostly and I will say this is as fair as it can be right now. I’m sure Blu/Anet will take this into account for the next big tournament and implement qualifiers. It’s the first time a tournament has gotten so much interest so it’s whatever if they weren’t really as prepared, quit nit-picking all these political statements. Blu is keeping it as real as it gets not making false promises everywhere.

The whole point of tournaments is to give people a chance to compete, and give viewers good games to watch. And the people who have been participating in the tournaments that have been held and doing well in them deserve their reserved spots. Otherwise you are telling me that just because there are PvE items at stake here, it’s okay for anyone in pve/wvw/shy pvpers to just show up and possibly rng take a spot in this tournament for this one time and probably never play again.

It’s a competition. At least some of the competitive players who have been playing for the sake of competition should have a guranteed entry given the lack of qualifiers. No matter what, the quality of this competition should be considered first. Not many (if any) are going to watch a high school team’s basketball tournament over the NBA. And it isn’t anyone’s fault but your own that you didn’t compete in these unofficial tournaments to show Anet or anyone that you are actually good. There are plenty of other games that have done well with seed rankings based on both unofficial and official tournaments (sponsored vs nonsponsered) such as Super Smash, Street Fighter, etc.

And this tournament is open to anyone. But it has a limit of 56 people. Having 8 reserved spots does not make it open to anyone. No one needs to be in leaderboards to sign up and take one of the 56 spots. Think of it this way, it was supposed to be 16, but they expanded it to 56 (allowing more players to enter) then added 8 teams.

If you want to rage more, just send an email to Anet to have qualifiers next time which they probably will. And take a chill pill too.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

(edited by ArcTheFallen.7682)

in PvP

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

@Nevets

That’s just it. They never specified how the teams would be filtered. You’re acting like they changed it. They just didn’t announce it with the initial post.

I never said anything about them changing it. I just stated how it should have been.

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

Regular signups are now closed, I will be posting the teams participating tomorrow morning.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

in PvP

BLUna.7928

European Reserved Teams

North American Reserved Teams

Edit: Reasoning for selecting these teams will be posted on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

(edited by BLUna.7928)

in PvP

BLUna.7928

All teams that made it into the tournament will be receiving an email from myself (john@mistpedia.net) either tonight or tomorrow morning asking teams to acknowledge their participation. Teams will have until Thursday Night 9PM EDT to respond. If no response is given teams will be added from the reserve list (this will be post on Mistpedia in a few hours.)

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I wasn’t aware that a gw1 common enemy creature was censored. My bad I guess.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Are brackets going to be based on the number you drew? (as in Quaggans Jumping Over Fences will be seeded 9 behind the top 8)

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in PvP

Posted by: Shaft.4217

Shaft.4217

So I’m going to be the first of probably many to complain. I’ll try to keep the criticism constructive, otherwise this would just be a rage filled post.

First of all, the format of this tournament from the start was completely under-planned. You open up a tourney to which the prizes for many of the teams are PVE items worth hours and hours of grinding and other PVE activities. Anyone could have told you dozens (I guess hundreds, actually) of unknown players would enter, particularly those who don’t really participate in sPvP that often. This is great in terms of PvP activity, pretty much exactly what we need to get people interested in PvP in the first place.

However, this PvP tourney is the only event that ANet has organized in a long time, and probably for a long time, directly for competitive PvP. I’ve been waiting for about a year for an opportunity like this, since PAX and since my last real team, LXR. I’ve queued with many PUGs in the last year, consisting of old teammates and in game friends, keeping my skills sharp and trying to keep my interest alive since there has not really been a competitive scene to speak of, and because of this I’ve been unable to put a team of 5 dedicated players together.

Now, upon the announcement of the Tourney of Legends, my friends and I had our interests piqued. This led to Jsu and I formally making a team with dedicated members, when for weeks or months beforehand, we had queued casually with old teammates, unable to find dedicated members for a team or even a reason for us to be motivated to do so. We’ve now been practicing for weeks and discussing strategies, as any competitive gaming team would.

My enjoyment in this game, as well as my personal skill, is probably at its highest point right now, and it’s all thanks to the Tourney of Legends. This was a great attempt by ANet to foster competitive growth in the PvP community, and judging by the hundreds of teams who applied, it seems they reached their goal. Yet, what about the rest of the competitive PvP community?

As far as I can tell, 8 teams (a couple of which I don’t even know, which is ridiculous considering how much I’m online and how many competitive players I know) of competitive PvPers were guaranteed entry to this tournament, yet the reasoning for those teams is indiscernible. There are 8 teams that have been deemed qualified to be guaranteed entry into the ToL, and after that, all teams are treated equally. How can this be fair? Much more than those 40 players have been active in this game, waiting for an opportunity like this, waiting for any kind of revitalization to the competition of this game. Yet, anyone outside of those 40 lucky players gets to be entered into a lottery to see if they are allowed to compete; a group of 5 PVE friends who perhaps decided to enter for the chance of winning prizes worth lots of gold, perhaps with an average of rank 15, is given the same weight as my team, a team of 5 dedicated players who have put thousands of hours into PvP.

I hope that there can be some reconsideration into how this tournament is seeded and has selected its entrants. In my opinion, the best way to seed this tournament would have been by recognizing any names who have previously been active in PvP in any of the team rosters (by which I mean having had competed in a past tournament), ranking those teams accordingly, and then continuing with the rest. I’m sure that would have been more work, but there is no way that more than 20 or so teams (NA) would have members who have competed in tournaments in the past. It’s ridiculous for the last dozen or so of these teams to be totally neglected in terms of seeding, especially when there are 64 teams allowed to enter.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaft.4217

Shaft.4217

PS: On the topic of competitive GW2 as a whole:

As someone who has had competitive gaming and video game tournaments be a regular part of my life for over 5 years, I’d like to see these sorts of things taken more seriously. I’ve seeded and helped organize many tournaments, with much more entrants and much stricter time constraints than GW2 tourneys, and I can attest to the fact that the competitive aspects of GW2 are not run to the standard of other competitive communities. To be honest, I don’t think that the people in charge of GW2’s competitive growth are people who have ever been a part of a successful competitive community.

The main problem is though: This isn’t their fault. The devs have a responsibility to their product, GW2, as a whole, and perhaps the amount of resources spent organizing GW2 as an e-sport is simply too much of a cost; moreover, as I said, they most likely aren’t people who have had much experience organizing a competitive e-sport, as there are only a handful of such people. Even volunteers, like Blu (whose support I much appreciate), are doing the best they can, yet they aren’t necessarily experienced with these sorts of things.

Compare this to the Super Smash Bros. Melee community, which I have been an active member in for years. Running a local tournament is a full time 12 hour job, and can involve being responsible for up to 100 entrants (and even more if it’s a regional or national tournament). These people are extremely dedicated and passionate about growing the competition of Melee, and everything is handled with the utmost efficiency in mind. Bracketing and seeding has been refined to an art and tournaments have a standardized format involving Pools, a double elim bracket (also what is with Single Elim in GW2? why?), and seeding considerations which include region conflicts and strength of player, as ranked by previous tournament results. In contrast to the ToL and other past tournaments, everything is run with a completely objective criteria with full transparency in a very efficient manner.

There needs to be a earnest willingness to truthfully and effortfully come up with a plan to growing the GW2 community, and also to conduct tourneys in a professional and streamlined way, to encourage GW2 as an e-sport. Without that, I can see this game completely dying after this tournament.

-Haley

/rant
/posting on forums ever again

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Did they announce how they selected the 8 reservation teams?

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Im going to be adding that on either tomorrow or Wednesday, right now I need to get all of the appropriate information posted for those that got in.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

have to agree with shaft/haley

whoever is organizing this needs to look at other competitive games/communities before putting on another tourney. this amount of interest was obviously unexpected. and judging by how much interest there is, there needs to be a next time. and quickly!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

o.O Haley just wrote some long thesis or something.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: jsu.4370

jsu.4370

Our team is not on the list this is just straight up frustrating. As a player that’s been in the top 15 in the NA leaders boards, invited to several tournaments. I’ve set up a team that is very capable of competing with-in the top 8 (jsu, jindavik, breakstar, haley b, spoongirl).

To not even get a chance to play in this tournament because of some roll of dice is extremely upsetting. This doesn’t seem right. wVw guild’s taking the spots of players who dedicate their nights to play spvp/tpvp.

I came back to the game and practised tpvp for 4 weeks and countless hours of communication to get a team together for this.

Regardless, blu if a team is to drop. You better be putting my team #1 on the wait list to reserve that spot.

Jsu – joO Binder
http://www.twitch.tv/jsudesign/

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

Nice to see that PvE and WvW players are allowed to play in the tournament but actual sPvP players are not.

Having the RNG system for an official tournament is very eSporty.

Good job guys.

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

in PvP

BLUna.7928

The Full list along with a link to the reserve list order is now on the mistpedia page

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

PS: On the topic of competitive GW2 as a whole:

As someone who has had competitive gaming and video game tournaments be a regular part of my life for over 5 years, I’d like to see these sorts of things taken more seriously. I’ve seeded and helped organize many tournaments, with much more entrants and much stricter time constraints than GW2 tourneys, and I can attest to the fact that the competitive aspects of GW2 are not run to the standard of other competitive communities. To be honest, I don’t think that the people in charge of GW2’s competitive growth are people who have ever been a part of a successful competitive community.

The main problem is though: This isn’t their fault. The devs have a responsibility to their product, GW2, as a whole, and perhaps the amount of resources spent organizing GW2 as an e-sport is simply too much of a cost; moreover, as I said, they most likely aren’t people who have had much experience organizing a competitive e-sport, as there are only a handful of such people. Even volunteers, like Blu (whose support I much appreciate), are doing the best they can, yet they aren’t necessarily experienced with these sorts of things.

Compare this to the Super Smash Bros. Melee community, which I have been an active member in for years. Running a local tournament is a full time 12 hour job, and can involve being responsible for up to 100 entrants (and even more if it’s a regional or national tournament). These people are extremely dedicated and passionate about growing the competition of Melee, and everything is handled with the utmost efficiency in mind. Bracketing and seeding has been refined to an art and tournaments have a standardized format involving Pools, a double elim bracket (also what is with Single Elim in GW2? why?), and seeding considerations which include region conflicts and strength of player, as ranked by previous tournament results. In contrast to the ToL and other past tournaments, everything is run with a completely objective criteria with full transparency in a very efficient manner.

There needs to be a earnest willingness to truthfully and effortfully come up with a plan to growing the GW2 community, and also to conduct tourneys in a professional and streamlined way, to encourage GW2 as an e-sport. Without that, I can see this game completely dying after this tournament.

-Haley

/rant
/posting on forums ever again

Spot on.
Unfortunately, seems like you got the shaft (pun intended).

P.S. SSBM rocks.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Dinster.7063

Dinster.7063

I kinda agree with critique above. Although i understand, that this tourney aims to put more teams in tPvP scene, yet people who organise this tourney should have also given some credit to the teams, which play tPvP and prevent this side of GW2 from death.

It is a little bit late to talk about this, but why there was no qualification for this tourney? It could have been one more huge event for tPvP community (viewers, etc.).

And unfortunately, if today’s patch doesn’t bring enough balance, build variety and fun to this game, then probably the tPvP scene will become even more outmanned.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Good luck to everyone who made it in. It sucks that some of the best players and potential winners didn’t make it in, but that’s just the way it is now. Hopefully mistpedia people will learn from their mistakes.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

This has been known for quite a while now. Next time things will be much better organized (I assume).

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: MrCyrus.5036

MrCyrus.5036

why crabs have a place in tournament, and players with two years experience are out of tournament? who invented it?

Titanium [AFK]

in PvP

Darek.1836

I think blu should put the top 8 teams that didnt make it at the topofthe waiting list… its the least you could do.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Im going to be adding that on either tomorrow or Wednesday, right now I need to get all of the appropriate information posted for those that got in.

From what I read in the other post all I can say is; that what you have released (as far as the criteria) seemed very suspect at best. I’m hoping that was not the case.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

If you take anything Backpack says seriously, you’re doing it wrong.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Will the matches of these teams be established randomly?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I think blu should put the top 8 teams that didnt make it at the topofthe waiting list… its the least you could do.

This is a good idea.

As for the tournament, there is no way to make everyone happy. PvP has been pretty much dead tournament wise. I think the number of teams caught everyone off guard.

Next time it would be better to make everyone have to qualify. Given that this event is taking place over one weekend, the 64 teams is the best option. Be happy they were willing to expand it from the original 16.

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Was this directed at me? If it was, my comment has nothing to do with Backpack’s statement. As a matter of fact I linked to him, his own comments from this thread, in which he said Blu wouldn’t use preference. What I was addressing, was Blu’s comment in that post on how he slotted your team. His explanation, up to this point, did not seem very structured or built on objective criteria.

If it wasn’t directed at me, please ignore.

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

What about using ESL weekly cups as a elimination to the big tournemnts? 1-2 months before such tournament team will have to dogn in to the esl and gain some point after wining vs team , that would bring more teams to ESL , kinda sad to see 6 same teams every week

in PvP

Posted by: Sputti.8214

Sputti.8214

What about using ESL weekly cups as a elimination to the big tournemnts? 1-2 months before such tournament team will have to dogn in to the esl and gain some point after wining vs team , that would bring more teams to ESL , kinda sad to see 6 same teams every week

Thats a good idea i think

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I think that next and all other tournaments should work exactly the way how GW1 automated tournaments worked. No one ever had a single complaint about that system. It is flawless, unbiased and fair.

(edited by Rezz.8019)

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

I would say this is a good idea if the ESL wasn’t held at the worst time possible. A Saturday night. Needs to be held in the early afternoon, or even Sunday.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I would say this is a good idea if the ESL wasn’t held at the worst time possible. A Saturday night. Needs to be held in the early afternoon, or even Sunday.

I know.. what the hell is Saturday night? Worst time possible for a tournament.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: FallingAngel.3529

FallingAngel.3529

seriously ?
all the preparation for the biggest pvp tournament in GW2 was a google doc and an excel sheet? gz ANET gz Blu black or whatever , play with the teams that are already ready and dont care about noone else.If you are not prepare for the registration dont make the tourny , or you want from us to give you u a solution?

P.S. You will care when the ppl start play Diablo or ESO or Tera or whatever

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

P.S. You will care when the ppl start play Diablo or ESO or Tera or whatever

This is happening for 1.5 years now… nothing new. Also the organisational talent of A-Net is no secret (don’t blame Blu on this).

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Brix.8461

Brix.8461

ESL Weekly Cups is on a thursday, not saturday. Those are the Mistpedia Weekly Cups.

Global Social Media, ESL
http://eslgaming.com

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

why they blamin blu or how they decided RNG on teams remember in the ready up they expect 16 teams to sign up. they now have 200+ teams. they are not prepared. and spvp players who doesnt get to join acting like spolied kids. this tourney is not for spvp players only this is for guild wars 2 community and to bring more players into pvp. i really wish i could meet all this QQer spvp kids so i can punch them in the face.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

why they blamin blu or how they decided RNG on teams remember in the ready up they expect 16 teams to sign up. they now have 200+ teams. they are not prepared. and spvp players who doesnt get to join acting like spolied kids. this tourney is not for spvp players only this is for guild wars 2 community and to bring more players into pvp. i really wish i could meet all this QQer spvp kids so i can punch them in the face.

Your post is pretty funny, but I doubt you would do it.

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

ESL Weekly Cups is on a thursday, not saturday. Those are the Mistpedia Weekly Cups.

Well I mean’t that but for NA its our equivalent and its on saturday

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

Haha mosted of the reserved team i dont even know. This game is so triple A+

in PvP

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

Hello BLU & chaps,

I was really surprised why my team doesn’t participate the tournament. We are 5 guys in about top100 in eu team ladder (team Meatnight Grinders in your list). I thought that it’s a mistake but then i’ve seen the reserve list and saw many good teams on that list. However it’s not a mistake and it’s just a random choosing and stacking pve boys i hope to make the situation clear:

My company organises O&G conferences with top lvl of participants – first VPs of biggest oil producers in the world, their deputies ect ect. To make the good show i need to call everyone and make sure that they understand the concept of the show, the purpose of the show and how the show goes ect ect. So guys from my office need to call every single delegate, pitch him and do a great show at the end. Why am i writing that for you? I want to bring you and grow the idea, that you as the biggest GW2 shows orginiser could improve lvl of your show without much time spendings. I know you are not receiving money for this. I really appreciate that you doing in for us for free and it’s always very cool and exciting. At this moment nobody doesn’t understand how is the show goes. You have changed the rules, did some strange randomise in terms of choosing teams. This is not the end of the world and you still could change it.

I’m not only throwing stons in your garden, i could sit and help to you, just let me know. I’m sure we could find plenty of guys who can just spend 1-2h, check ladders with you and make a good team lists with good players in spvp, who deserve to play on that lvl. Let’s make the good GW2 tourney, players deserve it, the game deserves it, anet deserves it.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Alex

Talék

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

Well, we (ReVo) made it into the tourney (lucky us, ty rng god) but i am not really happy seeing several really good teams being left out. If there will be any other tournament in the future this needs to be planned out a lot better and without rng (!).
However, i also understand the decision making it random in the end, since Anet doesn’t really provide us with reliable tools of measuring skill.

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

So I’m going to be the first of probably many to complain. I’ll try to keep the criticism constructive, otherwise this would just be a rage filled post.

First of all, the format of this tournament from the start was completely under-planned. You open up a tourney to which the prizes for many of the teams are PVE items worth hours and hours of grinding and other PVE activities. Anyone could have told you dozens (I guess hundreds, actually) of unknown players would enter, particularly those who don’t really participate in sPvP that often. This is great in terms of PvP activity, pretty much exactly what we need to get people interested in PvP in the first place.

However, this PvP tourney is the only event that ANet has organized in a long time, and probably for a long time, directly for competitive PvP. I’ve been waiting for about a year for an opportunity like this, since PAX and since my last real team, LXR. I’ve queued with many PUGs in the last year, consisting of old teammates and in game friends, keeping my skills sharp and trying to keep my interest alive since there has not really been a competitive scene to speak of, and because of this I’ve been unable to put a team of 5 dedicated players together.

Now, upon the announcement of the Tourney of Legends, my friends and I had our interests piqued. This led to Jsu and I formally making a team with dedicated members, when for weeks or months beforehand, we had queued casually with old teammates, unable to find dedicated members for a team or even a reason for us to be motivated to do so. We’ve now been practicing for weeks and discussing strategies, as any competitive gaming team would.

My enjoyment in this game, as well as my personal skill, is probably at its highest point right now, and it’s all thanks to the Tourney of Legends. This was a great attempt by ANet to foster competitive growth in the PvP community, and judging by the hundreds of teams who applied, it seems they reached their goal. Yet, what about the rest of the competitive PvP community?

As far as I can tell, 8 teams (a couple of which I don’t even know, which is ridiculous considering how much I’m online and how many competitive players I know) of competitive PvPers were guaranteed entry to this tournament, yet the reasoning for those teams is indiscernible. There are 8 teams that have been deemed qualified to be guaranteed entry into the ToL, and after that, all teams are treated equally. How can this be fair? Much more than those 40 players have been active in this game, waiting for an opportunity like this, waiting for any kind of revitalization to the competition of this game. Yet, anyone outside of those 40 lucky players gets to be entered into a lottery to see if they are allowed to compete; a group of 5 PVE friends who perhaps decided to enter for the chance of winning prizes worth lots of gold, perhaps with an average of rank 15, is given the same weight as my team, a team of 5 dedicated players who have put thousands of hours into PvP.

I hope that there can be some reconsideration into how this tournament is seeded and has selected its entrants. In my opinion, the best way to seed this tournament would have been by recognizing any names who have previously been active in PvP in any of the team rosters (by which I mean having had competed in a past tournament), ranking those teams accordingly, and then continuing with the rest. I’m sure that would have been more work, but there is no way that more than 20 or so teams (NA) would have members who have competed in tournaments in the past. It’s ridiculous for the last dozen or so of these teams to be totally neglected in terms of seeding, especially when there are 64 teams allowed to enter.

Played with Haley B, last summer practiced with him all the way up to PAX. Really entertaining person/player to play with. I cannot really say more than what he said in his double post. This tournament was extremely poorly seeded. Random selection, instead of going off of leaderboard ranks was poor decision. Even if the leaderboards are very inactive, if would have actually let it more sPvP teams than WvW/PvE teams. After all this is a sPvP tournament.

I feel like this shows how little faith ArenaNet has in their own feature, this tournament would have spiked activity in the leaderboard and Team Arena queues. Not saying all ~1000 players would have been playing but it would have been more than 8 teams and there could have been a more accurate pool to seed teams for a 64 team qualifier.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

I think that next and all other tournaments should work exactly the way how GW1 automated tournaments worked. No one ever had a single complaint about that system. It is flawless, unbiased and fair.

This is exactly what I was about to say. The Gw1 GvG tournaments were flawless. I’ll assume that is why Gw2 did not cross it over. It was organized and only people that dedicated time to PvP were in them. I don’t understand why everything in this game has to be so unorganized and unfair to the PvP community. Hence the reason I left to go back to MineCraft PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

I would like to thank Blu, not just for being one of the teams competing but because he’s been very passionate about bringing this kind of tournaments to GW2 and I’m glad to see that we’re slowly getting there, even with the unexpected amount of teams that signed for the tournament (nice surprise)

We might not be one of the top teams in NA or a team that has plenty of players on the first places of the ladders, but we do like PvP and we’ve been playing it since the start. Ever since the tournament announcement we’ve been practicing and we’ll continue to do so in order to provide some exciting fights for all to see…

Or die trying ;D Best of luck to all the teams, it would had been nice to raise the number of teams to 32 in order to have more people competing, but well hopefully we will see some changes on the next one.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

Never trust a big booty and a smile…

in PvP

Darek.1836

I would like to thank Blu, not just for being one of the teams competing but because he’s been very passionate about bringing this kind of tournaments to GW2 and I’m glad to see that we’re slowly getting there, even with the unexpected amount of teams that signed for the tournament (nice surprise)

We might not be one of the top teams in NA or a team that has plenty of players on the first places of the ladders, but we do like PvP and we’ve been playing it since the start. Ever since the tournament announcement we’ve been practicing and we’ll continue to do so in order to provide some exciting fights for all to see…

Or die trying ;D Best of luck to all the teams, it would had been nice to raise the number of teams to 32 in order to have more people competing, but well hopefully we will see some changes on the next one.

They raised it to 64 teams.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in PvP

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

-snip-

They raised it to 64 teams.

Nice missed that, the more the merrier

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in PvP

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

Previous

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

I want to give Blu and the guys from Mistpedia a huge thank you for organizing and hosting this tournament. I also want to give a big thank you to all the members of the community who stepped up to volunteer to help out. This tournament was able to expand from 16 to 64 teams per region due to the efforts of Mistpedia and these volunteers. Helping each other out to make events like this even bigger is what community is all about.

As much as we all wanted to accommodate all of the teams that signed up, the logistics of handling a 128 team tournament, when we originally planned for 16, would be too much to execute within such a limited timeframe. We will be working to make sure future events are able to take into account sign-ups of this magnitude.

Thanks again Blu and crew!

John

in PvP

Posted by: MrCyrus.5036

MrCyrus.5036

16 teams better than, 124 teams of crabs…… Some teams from TOP 40 out of tournament… What the hell?

Titanium [AFK]

in PvP

Posted by: jsu.4370

jsu.4370

16 teams better than, 124 teams of crabs…… Some teams from TOP 40 out of tournament… What the hell?

This. I would have rather seen a 16 team computer picked system based on the leaderboard ranks.

A.) Announcing Leader boards are qualifying factor and giving teams enough time (3-4 weeks) to increase their rank.
B.) Using a system that Adds each players rank with-in a team to give a team rank.
C.) Selecting the top 16 teams with the lowest team rank for qualification.

Pretty bummed PVE, and wVw teams that aren’t even in the top 1000 have been RNG’d for this tournament.

Jsu – joO Binder
http://www.twitch.tv/jsudesign/