Tournament Of Legends: Signups and Dates

in PvP

Posted by: eCChi.1059

eCChi.1059

I do not like the auto qualified team scheme. It is unfair and it is biased. Should just have a week for qualifying just like MLG and stuffs. After the first tournament, teams that are top 4 are seeded for the next tournaments or something…. Just choosing 8 teams on your own isn’t fair to the other players out there.

And they are just ignoring the complains. Only listen to the good stuffs as usual…

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Yup, having so many teams has nothing to do with the huge bias and unfairness that everyone got because a shoutcaster who is also an organizer who is also good friend with those teams chose them.

in PvP

Posted by: eCChi.1059

eCChi.1059

They can always use the GW1 swiss system in groups. Good teams will end up top in the table anyway.

This is badly planned and the 8 auto qualified teams is a “good” PR stunt. I will be looking forward to hear his reasoning on why he chose those teams.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

It’s a common GW2 occurence for quality to take a back sit to quantity, so why all the surprise.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

As a reminder teams that have made it in MUST reply to the email I sent out early Tuesday morning. The following teams have yet to reply as of 4:30 EDT on 4/16:

NA

• No Good Intentions
  • It Aint Ez bein KPz
  • Outplayed by Children
  • Who Cares
  • Strike Force
  • Poyopoyo
  • Fancy Tassles
  • Map Mode
  • The Answer
  • Ctr Alt Delete
  • Diplomatic Dictators
  • Fractal Legend and Naked
  • * in Chicks YOLO
  • We Play In The
  • Roll a Real Build
  • Maxi
  • Deep Penetrations
  • Eturnal Twighlight
  • Salad Bros
  • Homocide Volontaire
  • Over the Hills and Far Away
  • HZCTA
  • Trigger Happy Bunnies

EU

• I Love Lunch
  • Unity
  • Froody
  • Devilslayer
  • Dream Team
  • Thirit Dae
  • Oni Kudaki
  • schwrze drache
  • Les ombres des cieux
  • Jacker xD
  • Silver Drachenkrieger
  • Gamers Eternos con Flow
  • Os Pinos
  • The Pride
  • Temple Assassins
  • The Maestros
  • IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZER
  • Majestic Underground Warriors
  • Curse of Shiro
  • Knights of the White Rose
  • Kick Move
  • Hunters of the Elder Dragons
  • Unit Team
  • Hellow Kitty Adventure Island
  • The Legends of Heaven
  • Team Zaishen Will Never Die

Teams have until tomorrow, 4/17 at 9PM EDT to reply or you will be replaced. If you have not recieved an email from me, check your spam/junk inboxes, and if the email still cannot be found, contact me in game. If you did send me an email reply and you are still on this list, please contact me in game or send another email so we can sort it out The following teams have invalid emails tied to their submissions and will need to contact me in game to fix their information:

• Senpai is here
  • **** Hurt ppl

I have also started sending out emails to teams from the reserve list. Teams invited from this list may have a shorter amount of time to respond so if you are toward the top of either region’s list make sure you are keeping an eye on your emails.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

(edited by BLUna.7928)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I want to give Blu and the guys from Mistpedia a huge thank you for organizing and hosting this tournament. I also want to give a big thank you to all the members of the community who stepped up to volunteer to help out. This tournament was able to expand from 16 to 64 teams per region due to the efforts of Mistpedia and these volunteers. Helping each other out to make events like this even bigger is what community is all about.

As much as we all wanted to accommodate all of the teams that signed up, the logistics of handling a 128 team tournament, when we originally planned for 16, would be too much to execute within such a limited timeframe. We will be working to make sure future events are able to take into account sign-ups of this magnitude.

Thanks again Blu and crew!

John

Lesson learned: Don’t offer legendaries for 16 player tournaments. Good rewards cause strong interest which is a great thing.

ANET really missed an opportunity here. For the next tournament, do this over a few weekends, build some excitement, and end up with a true champion at the end. It will cause more interest in PvP and create some “PvP celebrities”. Right now, only a very few people (relatively speaking) know the top teams or players.

For this particular tournament, I think Blu and team did the best they could to try to accommodate as many people as possible. Major props to them for that.

in PvP

BLUna.7928

In regards to rationalization for each team that was pre-invited:

NA

• Good Fights & Apex Prime: Easily two of the top contenders in the region dominating tournaments regularly.
  • Outplayed by Children: A newer team to come onto the scene, but they have already shown in the team queue and in the Mistpedia Weeklies that they can contend with Good Fights and many of the other teams.
  • Team Lonely: This team consists of two members from SYNC, the second place team from the PAX Invitational; Tany, who along with Caed, dominated the weekly 2v2 North American tournaments for 12 tournaments virtually uncontested; Quilja, previous team member of vVv who placed second in the Mistpedia Invitational among other tournaments; and new team member Necitor. The combined achievements of this roster marks them as one of the teams likely to perform very well in the event.
  • Team Teamwork: Third place finishers of the Mistpedia Invitational. The team competes regularly with some of the other invited teams such as Ngi and Obeesports.
  • No Good Intentions, Obeesports, and It Aint Ez Bein KPz: These final teams were invited based on either their performance in a tournament or their performance seen within team queue.

EU
With North American I was familiar with a lot of the teams because of my ability to spectate team queue games through the Authorized Shoutcaster Program. As I do not get as many chances to spectate on EU, these choices were slightly harder to make. I had spoken with a few EU members of the Authorized Shoutcaster program and some of these teams were their suggestions.

• Car Crash: First place finisher of the GW2 PAX Invitational and a team that performed extremely well in tournaments in the past.
  • Made in Meta: Similarly to CC, this team performed very well in tournaments in the past and as such we are fairly confident in their ability to make a competitive comeback for this event.
  • The Civilized Gentlemen, Fifty Five Hp Monks, Read it Backwards: These three teams constantly battle it out during the ESL weekly cups and during these cups they are the top performers in virtually every week.
  • Destructive Influence: Consisting of previous members of Cheese Mode, who for a time was arguably one of the bests teams on EU, we were confident in this team’s ability to do well in this tournament.
  • I Love Lunch and Otist Team: These teams were recommended by EU members of the Authorized Shoutcaster Program

Apologies in advance if people find these explanations lackluster. If anyone has further questions in regards to how/what I considered they may feel free to contact me.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Good and overall logic choices.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

BLUna.7928

The following teams have been added from the reserve list. Emails to RSVP these teams have NOT been sent out yet, I will update this post when they have. Please keep in mind teams added through the reserve list will have less time to confirm their RSVPs, so make sure you keep an eye on your junk folders and respond ASAP!

North America

• Snow Monkey
  • S T F University
  • Mixed Martial Arts And Crafts
  • Crusadérs
  • aspiring brotherhood
  • Lunáticos
  • Carried By Vee Wee
  • Pyromancers
  • Ectoplasm Ltd
  • Grindhouse Gaming
  • Fire Dash A Trigenkittenro Fox

Europe

• Game Warriors
  • Army of Albion
  • I Make Coffee
  • The Return Of The Darkness
  • Schellione
  • Wolves of Eschaton
  • The Buthers Squad
  • Meatnight Grinders
  • Rebels of Orr
  • Battle Hardened
  • Clan Blackrock
  • Secret Asian Kill Squad
  • le cercle bolesque
  • Jurassic Five
  • The Legend of The Pink Unicorn
  • Schwarzfeuer Rotte
  • Sisujaperkele
  • Resistencia Mallorquina
  • Alliance Pierre Arborea

Because of this the original post made on this post about current participating teams as well as the Mistpedia article are temporarily out of date. Please check the official document for up to date team information. If your team was removed from the tournament and you believe this was done by mistake. Contact me via email at john@mistpedia.net

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Emails have been sent out, teams have until Sunday (4/20) at 12PM EDT to respond before the next wave is invited. Also as a reminder for our substitution rules if any EU teams have roster changes to make they must communicate them to me by 4PM EDT tomorrow (4/19) or they will not be accepted. The first draft of the brackets for EU will also come out at this time tomorrow.

The following teams had an invalid email tied to their submission and must contact me:

• Carried by Vee Wee
Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

BLUna.7928

EU BRACKETS

Please note that because we have not received RSVPs from 64 teams yet these are subject to change if certain teams are added through the reserve list.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

Posted by: Envy.8093

Envy.8093

Question! Are the llama finishers exclusive to the winners of the tourney? (32nd-1st place). Or is it just a gift that pve-ers will still be able to buy for 800 gems?

in PvP

Posted by: prozon.3561

prozon.3561

are you planning to make the teams players roster visible? tbh i dont know 90% of the teams in the eu bracket…

www.twitch.tv/mufasapk

in PvP

BLUna.7928

The following teams have just been invited. If you are one of these teams please check your emails. This group has until Tuesday at 6PM EDT to respond.

NA

• Team Starfleet Dental
  • Lucky Punks
  • Legion of the Rogue Dragon
  • Seven Ate

EU

• Armadria
  • Beauties And The Beasts
  • Deadly Experience
  • champion
  • The Bravest Brothers
  • Warlords of Ooo
  • Valiant Knights
  • Absolute Void
Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

Posted by: Alesar.9736

Alesar.9736

How I can register command for tournament? still there are empty slots EU?

(edited by Alesar.9736)

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Next Group’s emails are now being sent out. This wave has until 11:59PM on 4/23 to respond with an RSVP, please make sure you are checking your emails.

EU

• Masters Of Zen
  • Sturmmäntel
  • TestTheLimits
  • We Need To Go

North American teams are now filled up, pleas keep in mind however that some teams may still drop out for personal reasons so slots may still open up, in regards to times of play, I will be making a post either tomorrow or Thursday with the full schedule for EU teams (this will also be sent in an email to all participating EU teams).

The following teams have invalid emails and need to contact me in game:

• TestTheLimits
Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

(edited by BLUna.7928)

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

This is going to be a AWESOME event guys. Can’t wait for Saturday!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

BLUna.7928

I also just updated the Mistpedia article for EU teams. If teams have Mistpedia articles you should be able to see their rosters now assuming they have kept them updated. For those that don’t if I get some free time between now and the event Ill try to create some pages for teams.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Are teams that you don’t know just randomized for their seed?

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Are teams that you don’t know just randomized for their seed?

Essentially, Ive been checking with a few EU community members to make sure I dont miss any teams to be in seeded positions, its been a few days since I checked so I may do one more checkin before I finalize the brackets. Everyone else gets a random seed.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Next Group has been invited, they have until 11:59PM EDT on 4/24 to respond:

• Funky Froggy
  • Prométhée World
Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

Posted by: Durden.5032

Durden.5032

Prométhée World won’t be able to be there, as stated in the mail. Looking forward to the redo !

in PvP

Posted by: XxUrielxX.5390

XxUrielxX.5390

Funky froggy will participate to the tournament as mentionned in the mail i sent you!

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Just as a last minute update, the brackets should be finalized in the next few hours. I apologize in advance for their instability, but due to teams dropping out with roster issues and new ones being added in it has reshaped positions for teams a couple of times. Once I have a confirmed 64 Ill lock it down and update this post.

Edit: also NA brackets will be available either tonight or tomorrow.

Edit Edit: EU BRACKETS ARE NOW FINAL

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

(edited by BLUna.7928)

in PvP

Posted by: Hepernox.9812

Hepernox.9812

We need to go [OuT] haven’t recive any mail. -.-

in PvP

tichorum.2415

You can make predictions? Sweet.

ANet should give out some prize to whoever has the best bracket

(edited by tichorum.2415)

in PvP

BLUna.7928

Yeah just a little feature im playing with, maybe Ill toss out a little congratulations to the guy that gets it the best or something

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Yeah just a little feature im playing with, maybe Ill toss out a little congratulations to the guy that gets it the best or something

Honestly I think that’d get people more involved in the teams and invested in their favorites. It’d be pretty cool! :P

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

I havekittenFighters taking out 55 HP Monks in round 1. Who’s with me?

in PvP

Hepernox.9812

…well i supose no1 care about the pvp team THX! for this increible tournament!

in PvP

BLUna.7928

We need to go [OuT] haven’t recive any mail. -.-

Your team was invited but we never received a response to the email. Feel free to PM me to see what went wrong.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I wish they have out rewards for predictions. They did in gw1 and that helped create a ton of hype.

[SoF]

in PvP

Hepernox.9812

Bluna.7928 i can’t send message or PM is there a bug -_-’ .

Its supouse you send a mail a 2 days ago and we don’t recive enything…

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

So I assume predictions will be locked once the first match starts right?

Yes, I think it could be much more fun and better to have the top x predictions receive a reward instead of RNG in chat.

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

16 mins til matches start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

what stream? cant find^^

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I wish they have out rewards for predictions. They did in gw1 and that helped create a ton of hype.

Oh my, I loved that system. It was with the zaishen keys rewards, right? Completely forgot about it.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Brix.8461

Brix.8461

what stream? cant find^^

Stream isn’t started, check the main post to get info about stream times.

Global Social Media, ESL
http://eslgaming.com

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

Oh my, I loved that system. It was with the zaishen keys rewards, right? Completely forgot about it.

We need the automated tourney system put in place, then get the ball rolling on more gold for pvpers, in gw1 pvpers always had the most money, i miss those days.

I’m pretty excited to see a bunch of teams get obliterated, hopefully at least 1 unseeded team from each region makes it to top 8.

in PvP

Posted by: Suprah.5076

Suprah.5076

• Destructive Influence: Consisting of previous members of Cheese Mode, who for a time was arguably one of the bests teams on EU, we were confident in this team’s ability to do well in this tournament.

Destructive Influence =

Giuleta Del Leon (Erotic Solitude Legends)
Sylwina Darnus (Erotic Solitude Legends)
Eternya (Erotic Solitude Legends)
Fraelina (Cheese Mode)

Zapdos the first day (Cheese Mode)
Alashya Eledwen the second day (Erotic Solitude Legends)

So yeah it’s more ESL than CM :P

Eternya
Sizzling Hot Pressure / The Civilized Gentlemen

in PvP

Posted by: luch.3148

luch.3148

My team (Gamers Eternos con Flow) is not in the list on the Mistpedia. I remember when it first came out having read out team, but now we dont appear, not even in North America (which just might have been wrong…)

I wonder what has happened and will happen to ur team because we were quite excited to participate in this tournament….

PS: I’ve readed the page earlier and we appeared on the list. Here is the screenshot.

https://d37exe0a8qxg70.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/2400/Sin_t_tulo.png

PS2: Sorry for my english :d

PS3: Our leader never recieved a mail.

Server: Baruch Bay [SP]

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Destructive Influence =

Giuleta Del Leon (Erotic Solitude Legends)
Sylwina Darnus (Erotic Solitude Legends)
Eternya (Erotic Solitude Legends)
Fraelina (Cheese Mode)

Zapdos the first day (Cheese Mode)
Alashya Eledwen the second day (Erotic Solitude Legends)

So yeah it’s more ESL than CM :P

ooooh so Alashya Eledhwhen (best Mesmer EU) will play? Than all my gold on this team^^

in PvP

BLUna.7928

NA Brackets Finalized

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

Lux.7169

NA Brackets Finalized

Is this it: http://mp.challonge.com/ToLNA ?

My question is that based on your EU seeding and NA seeding all of 8 you chose have 1 team in different bracket groups except for 1.

On the NA side bracket group E-H has two of your top 8 hand-picked teams seeded in the same group. Whereas bracket-group AC-AF have none of the seeded teams of the top 8.

My point being, any team in the E-H cluster has a much harder time getting into the top 8 than a team in the AC-AF cluster. Was this intentional? It seems odd that you’d only stack that one bracket group with more than one top-pick.

[SoF]

in PvP

tichorum.2415

#NoResponseBecauseTheAnswersCannotBeJustified

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

NA Brackets Finalized

My question is that based on your EU seeding and NA seeding all of 8 you chose have 1 team in different bracket groups except for 1.

On the NA side bracket group E-H has two of your top 8 hand-picked teams seeded in the same group. Whereas bracket-group AC-AF have none of the seeded teams of the top 8.

My point being, any team in the E-H cluster has a much harder time getting into the top 8 than a team in the AC-AF cluster. Was this intentional? It seems odd that you’d only stack that one bracket group with more than one top-pick.

AC-AF has a 6 seed…so idk if this was changed since when you saw or maybe you overlooked it?

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

^It looks like every cluster has a top 8 team in it now. Maybe it already got fixed?

in PvP

Lux.7169

NA Brackets Finalized

AC-AF has a 6 seed…so idk if this was changed since when you saw or maybe you overlooked it?

Team ‘Elusive’ may be listed as a 6 seed but they were not mentioned as one of the top 8 seeds.

Team Teamwork was, however, listed as a top 8 pick but now they appear as ‘9’.

Logically it looks like numbers got messed up somewhere and Team Teamwork was listed as #9 by accident instead of #6.

I’ll edit the source for the top 8 NA seeded teams in a second.

NA

• Good Fights
    Apex Prime:
  • Outplayed by Children:
  • Team Lonely:
  • Team Teamwork:
  • No Good Intentions,
    Obeesports,
    It Aint Ez Bein KPz:
[SoF]

in PvP

BLUna.7928

NA Brackets Finalized

Team ‘Elusive’ may be listed as a 6 seed but they were not mentioned as one of the top 8 seeds.

Logically it looks like numbers got messed up somewhere and Team Teamwork was listed as #9 by accident instead of #6.

NA

• Good Fights
    Apex Prime:
  • Outplayed by Children:
  • Team Lonely:
  • Team Teamwork:
  • No Good Intentions,
    Obeesports,
    It Aint Ez Bein KPz:

Being in the 8 preselected teams did not guarantee a top 8 seed in the brackets. Ellusive was formed extremely close to the tournament, with this in mind along with other reasons they were not picked for preselected teams. The reason they were placed within the higher seeds is because MP staff members such as myself had seen them improve in weekly tournaments or team arena play over some of the teams listed after them which is why they are within the higher cluster.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster

in PvP

Lux.7169

NA Brackets Finalized

NA

• Good Fights
    Apex Prime:
  • Outplayed by Children:
  • Team Lonely:
  • Team Teamwork:
  • No Good Intentions,
    Obeesports,
    It Aint Ez Bein KPz:

Being in the 8 preselected teams did not guarantee a top 8 seed in the brackets. Ellusive was formed extremely close to the tournament, with this in mind along with other reasons they were not picked for preselected teams. The reason they were placed within the higher seeds is because MP staff members such as myself had seen them improve in weekly tournaments or team arena play over some of the teams listed after them which is why they are within the higher cluster.

So semantics aside, Team Teamwork didn’t have to go through RNG to get a spot in the tournament, and were not moved to the bottom of the list after their seeded position was reassigned?

[SoF]