Tournament Organization improvments

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Wow… that’s ugh. Kinda screwed up if you ask me.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Posi.4251

Posi.4251

Yes, they said. THEY FORCED. Now they are saying that both teams were AGREE , just TP were agree with that, WE OBVIOUSLY were not agree after playing during 5 hours !

Posi
Car Crash [CC]

in PvP

Defektive.7283

So much for good sportsmanship. They specifically said it was BO5 at the beginning of the match.

GG.

I do kind of remember them saying that for this last one they are going to do a BO5. Was it stated in the rules that the final match would be BO5?

If they changed it up right at the last moment, then yes – that’s screwed up.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

We were told previous to the match that it was going to be a bo5 and was even announced on the stream; before even starting the match, also have some respect towards grouch who endured several hours shout casting.
This behaviour is appalling; the bo5 statement was even announced in map chat before we even started playing.
Have some sportsmanship and don’t bring this behaviour on the forums, there are tournament admins who could help you sort out those things.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

As far as I can remember it has been stated since the beginning of the tournament that all final matches are best of five. At least that’s how I read it…

in PvP

Posi.4251

http://www.mistleague.com/the-guild-wars-2-invitational-presented-in-partnership-with-mist-league-and-mmorpg-com/
According this. ALL MATCHES ARE BO3. Why bo5 ?? I dont understand it. And then people lies like, both teams were AGREE, thats complety a lie.

Posi
Car Crash [CC]

in PvP

Posted by: Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

But it was not in the rules, and I am asking for the upcoming tournaments to be more fair, having a team play only 1 match and the other team play for 8h straight is just not fair. I am sure you will at least agree with that.

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

Twitter said BO5 when I was checking to see who was winning…they didnt change anything.

HOWEVER. I am going to admit that having the finals the same day as the 2nd bracket was bit silly. Having all but the top 8 matches day one and then top 8 matches day 2 seems a bit more fair.

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

in PvP

Posi.4251

So they decided to change it without asking OUR team. Okay !
GL on this game, call me back when we can fair play. Cya.

Posi
Car Crash [CC]

in PvP

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

Show us some proof, please. Even though we all know that TP is the little darling of EU tPvP, we still need proof that this change was made on the fly.

in PvP

Xeph.4513

http://www.mistleague.com/the-guild-wars-2-invitational-presented-in-partnership-with-mist-league-and-mmorpg-com/
According this. ALL MATCHES ARE BO3. Why bo5 ?? I dont understand it. And then people lies like, both teams were AGREE, thats complety a lie.

like I said previously it was stated on map chat; the tournament admins wanted a bo5 for the finals; like you we were informed on the spot, it was announced on stream, and it was announced on map chat in the game for both teams to see.
Those were the rules set by the tournament admins prior to the match starting, and you adhered to those rules when you clicked you ready button, it’s preposterous that you are coming on the forums and saying that you didn’t agree to it, when it was clearly stated, yet you didn’t say anything there and then.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Defektive.7283

For those interested in what he’s referring to. Picture below.

I’d be interested in hearing an official mention from ML on this (and possibly AN).

Personally, I thought we set a precedence back when Hemo switched characters and everyone threw a fit. That rules were meant to be extremely important.

Attachments:

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Defektive.7283)

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

As far as I’m aware the finals was always supposed to be BO5…?

And the fact that the messages are being deleted is hilarious.

However show some class. Dont post this on the forums. Quit acting like children.

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

in PvP

Posted by: BlizzarD.9617

BlizzarD.9617

The format will be five vs. five single elimination matches, and the winners of each match will be determined by the victors of two out of three games.

CC should report them.

in PvP

Posted by: Siric.3589

Siric.3589

Mist Leauge changes thier rules every other week and you didn’t expect a tournament ran by ML to have rule changes mid tournament? What were you thinking!

[LR] Siric

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

WWW is often unfair too

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Also, nerf spirits for god sake!

in PvP

Posted by: prozon.3561

prozon.3561

Its no secret that anet want tp on the pax, so relax guys. Take a look at the past tp was a long time dominating the competetive sczene. The most popluar team outside and also most constantly one. In my opinion its fair send them the Tickets. But i never will get confirm with their abuse play. But this happens to you cc guys also. Hard prefered of anets brainless patching.

www.twitch.tv/mufasapk

in PvP

Posted by: Siric.3589

Siric.3589

From Anets main page too:
Format

Regional Qualifying Tournaments
Single match elimination
Teams of five players competing in five vs. five matches
Matches consist of a best two out of three games
Map rotation:
Forest of Niflhel
Legacy of the Foefire
Battle of Kyhlo

Link: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-invitational-and-regional-qualifying-tournament-details/

[LR] Siric

in PvP

Xeph.4513

Its no secret that anet want tp on the pax, so relax guys. Take a look at the past tp was a long time dominating the competetive sczene. The most popluar team outside and also most constantly one. In my opinion its fair send them the Tickets. But i never will get confirm with their abuse play. But this happens to you cc guys also. Hard prefered of anets brainless patching.

Yes because we didn’t win those matches with our own effort, its disgusting the attitude some people bring; regardless if Arenanet wanted us there or not, we had to get there with our own efforts as a team, which we did accomplish, you may spread rumours as you like our accomplishments speak for themselves.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Regional Qualifying Tournaments
Single match elimination
Matches consist of a best two out of three games
Map rotation:
Forest of Niflhel
Legacy of the Foefire
Battle of Kyhlo

Invitational Tournament
Single match elimination
Matches consist of a best three out of five games
Map rotation:
Forest of Niflhel
Legacy of the Foefire
Battle of Kyhlo
Forest of Niflhel
Legacy of the Foefire

The qualifier was listed as bo3, the actual tournament was bo5.

But then the code of conduct says “. All decisions of the Tournament Organizer are final in all matters relating to this Tournament.”.

" By participating, Players agree to be bound by these Tournament Rules and the decisions of the Tournament Organizer (including interpretations of these Tournament Rules), the judges and the Tournament Administrator, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Tournament or these Tournament Rules."

in PvP

Posted by: BlizzarD.9617

BlizzarD.9617

+1 Prozon

That friendzone is too kitten high.

(edited by BlizzarD.9617)

in PvP

Posted by: Kesshin.4581

Kesshin.4581

“Winning status is subject to verification, at Tournament Organizer’s discretion, including any suspected errors or anomalies in the game that may have affected the displayed results. All decisions of the Tournament Organizer are final in all matters relating to this Tournament.”
“By participating, Players agree to be bound by these Tournament Rules and the decisions of the Tournament Organizer (including interpretations of these Tournament Rules), the judges and the Tournament Administrator, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Tournament or these Tournament Rules.By participating, Players agree to be bound by these Tournament Rules and the decisions of the Tournament Organizer (including interpretations of these Tournament Rules), the judges and the Tournament Administrator, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in this Tournament or these Tournament Rules.”

/Thread.

in PvP

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Ok, we can drop the bo5 and bo3 think. I would just want to ask the organizers and the people who will organize the upcoming tournament to make it fair by having the games played in 1 day and not one team plays all day and the other comes for 1 match.

in PvP

Posi.4251

Invitational Tournament
Single match elimination
All of this means: INVITATIONAL = ON SEATTLE.
Bo5 on seattle

Posi
Car Crash [CC]

in PvP

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

Pop corns and Enjoy!

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

(edited by Alugjen Darlas.5329)

in PvP

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

However show some class. Dont post this on the forums. Quit acting like children.

why shouldn’t he post on the forums, sounds like they got screwed.

Maybe you should take some of your own advice?

in PvP

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

lol xeph, we are not whining or anything we are just telling the truth. If we were to whine we would have already complained about an ARAB- UAE- “Xeph” participating in a EU tournament. Don’t even get me started…

in PvP

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

why shouldn’t he post on the forums, sounds like they got screwed.

Maybe you should take some of your own advice?

The tournament organizer is in total control, regardless of if he was or felt screwed nothing will change, he is requesting that preliminaries are done in single elimination in the future so teams aren’t quite so exhausted. This particular piece of feedback being suggested in the venue that it was with this particular inflammatory twist to it is what most people would consider infantile and clkitten.

That is why he shouldn’t have posted on the forums

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

in PvP

Posted by: prozon.3561

prozon.3561

Its no secret that anet want tp on the pax, so relax guys. Takse a look at the past tp was a long time dominating the competetive sczene. The most popluar team outside and also most constantly one. In my opinion its fair send them the Tickets. But i never will get confirm with their abuse play. But this happens to you cc guys also. Hard prefered of anets brainless patching.

Yes because we didn’t win those matches with our own effort, its disgusting the attitude some people bring; regardless if Arenanet wanted us there or not, we had to get there with our own efforts as a team, which we did accomplish, you may spread rumours as you like our accomplishments speak for themselves.

They do. Sure. Just confirmed the best team won. It has norhing to do with rumours, just a analyze of the past month. Casual players never be able to get sth even some ontop one wont get it. I wont put tp on a bad shot, only thing is i cant say ur winning by playing the best there are other reassons pushing your success also

www.twitch.tv/mufasapk

in PvP

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

I agree the RULES are clear the regionals should all be best of 3.

It should not be changed on the fly to best of 5.

in PvP

Xeph.4513

lol xeph, we are not whining or anything we are just telling the truth. If we were to whine we would have already complained about an ARAB- UAE- “Xeph” participating in a EU tournament. Don’t even get me started…

Go ahead, complain that I am allowed to participate in the tournament; all the info regarding why I am allowed to be in the tournament has already been announced on the forums; but if you feel like that would be a better option go for it, this topic has already been discussed on the forums, and it was also mentioned that anyone in a similar situation is allowed to participate.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Isaac.6041

Both regional qualifying tournaments will have a maximum of 32 teams. The format will be five vs. five single elimination matches, and the winners of each match will be determined by the victors of two out of three games. After the qualifying tournaments are complete, the winning teams will be hosted on August 31, 2013 during PAX Prime for a competition between the two best Guild Wars 2 teams.

in PvP

Xeph.4513

Its no secret that anet want tp on the pax, so relax guys. Takse a look at the past tp was a long time dominating the competetive sczene. The most popluar team outside and also most constantly one. In my opinion its fair send them the Tickets. But i never will get confirm with their abuse play. But this happens to you cc guys also. Hard prefered of anets brainless patching.

They do. Sure. Just confirmed the best team won. It has norhing to do with rumours, just a analyze of the past month. Casual players never be able to get sth even some ontop one wont get it. I wont put tp on a bad shot, only thing is i cant say ur winning by playing the best there are other reassons pushing your success also

Please inform my daft mind regarding what phantom force is pushing us to win.
I am entranced to find out what conspiracy theory that your going to come up with.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

The rules were perfectly clear. If the TO decides to change the rules mid-tournament that’s a really kittenty move and should mean that they will not be allowed to host any more qualifiers. I doubt you’ll get the result changed to what it was after 3 matches, but I would just walk away if a change like that was announced just prior to the final again.

You should never put up with a kittenty TO. For example, I play Magic at a decent level. If a TO tried to pull kitten like this at a GPT or PTQ they would not be allowed to hold any sanctioned events again, ever. Hell, even at more casual formats they’d probably lose all rights to sanctioned events for something like that. Rules are set at the start of the tournament, the TO doesn’t get to change those rules mid-tournament if they want to keep hosting big tournaments.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

(edited by Vayra.3290)

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

For those interested in what he’s referring to. Picture below.

I’d be interested in hearing an official mention from ML on this (and possibly AN).

Personally, I thought we set a precedence back when Hemo switched characters and everyone threw a fit. That rules were meant to be extremely important.

Agreed rules says BO3…..

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Schlieffen.2054

Schlieffen.2054

BO5 was determined prior to the start of the finals, yes? If so, I don’t see any reason to dispute the results. How would changing it to BO5 give either team an advantage?

However, I agree that it’s silly to schedule a tournament where one side of the bracket has to play all the way through in one day. It doesn’t make the result less valid but they should change that in the future. It’s also silly for a TO to change the tournament just before the finals. I don’t think it gave either team an advantage, but a TO should avoid doing that for the sake of avoiding the appearance of impropriety.

The BO5 format was a huge success from the viewpoint of an exciting match for viewers, so I’m glad they did that on that level. Also, disputing the match after losing always cuts the legs out from under the argument that someone got screwed, instead it looks like sour grapes. The time to dispute would have been before losing BO5.

(edited by Schlieffen.2054)

in PvP

Isaac.6041

Complain to the Tournament Organizer for not following their own rules. ArenaNet, MMORPG.com and Mist League are collectively the “Tournament Organizer”.

By registering, you understand and acknowledge that ArenaNet, LLC, MMORPG.com (Cyber Creation Inc.), and Mist League (collectively “Tournament Organizer”) is responsible for all aspects of this Tournament, including, without limitation, the interpretation of these rules and/or the Guild Wars 2 (‘Game”) Rules.

in PvP

Posted by: Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Kelthos Doombringer.9032

Not sure why anyone is surprised. Team Paradigm players seem to have some sense of entitlement and have people wrapped around their little finger cough Necro changes, Phantaram cough.

Pretty disgraceful that they changed the rules for 1 match, players went into the tournament expecting bo3, not bo5 and it says so in the rules.

Level 80 Human Necromancer

in PvP

Vayra.3290

BO5 was determined prior to the start of the finals, yes? If so, I don’t see any reason to dispute the results. How would changing it to BO5 give either team an advantage?

However, I agree that it’s silly to schedule a tournament where one side of the bracket has to play all the way through in one day. It doesn’t make the result less valid but they should change that in the future.

The BO5 format was a huge success from the viewpoint of an exciting match for viewers, I’m glad they did that. Disputing the match after losing always cuts the legs out from under the argument that someone got screwed, instead it looks like sour grapes.

Changing rules mid-tournament is a BIG no-no. If GW2 is to become a decent e-sport this has to be cracked down on hard. Even if it led to a more interesting match this time. Then the rules should be changed for the next tournament saying that the Finals will be BO5 instead of BO3. You do not come in and change that at the last minute.

Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Isaac.6041

ArenaNet, MMORPG.com, and Mist League needs to settle this issue quickly as I could this turning ugly.

in PvP

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

Wow, what a childish behaviour. Sour losers?! Lucky for the community cc lost, because top teams shouldnt behave like that.

(edited by knyy.6427)

in PvP

Posted by: Kesshin.4581

Kesshin.4581

There is no issue Isaac. Its just drama, complaining, conspiracies, and assumptions.

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

However, I agree that it’s silly to schedule a tournament where one side of the bracket has to play all the way through in one day. It doesn’t make the result less valid but they should change that in the future. It’s also silly for a TO to change the tournament just before the finals. I don’t think it gave either team an advantage

Oh but it is, if you play all day you get tired and you are exausted, and if this was a drastic change made out of nowhere i can see that is a pretty kittenty tactic to lower the succes of that team.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in PvP

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

Will be interesting to see the official answer to this.

Although drama is lame, this controversy is making me much more interested in the tournament

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

What do they have to settle?

“. All decisions of the Tournament Organizer are final in all matters relating to this Tournament.”.

What else needs to be said. It was well known that the final would be bo5. If at the time 1 team didn’t agree to it they wouldn’t have pressed ready and instead disputed the call. To come on the forums afterwards just makes it seem like you can’t accept your loss and shows poor sportsmanship.

in PvP

Posi.4251

we got FORCED , no one asked us if we agreed to play bo5.

Posi
Car Crash [CC]

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

The best out of 5 should have been disputed going into the matchup; this is not the time or place to be doing it.

It was apparent that each team agreed to that set of rules, and while the tournament may have not been run to the best of standards in some peoples opinion, there were opportunities to disagree and use the support that people are showing (rules page) listed here.

As of now, after the results, its easy to have some hindsight to find arguments as to what should have been different, and how you feel slighted. It isn’t that bad points are being made here either. Even if I asked “would this argument even exist coming from the same OP if the other team had won,” the answer would most likely be some sort of escape in order to try to give the image that no bias is a part of this argument.

Again, there are good points that are being made, but the time and place to be making them has already passed (it passed when both teams went through with the entire matchup).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Vayra.3290

What do they have to settle?

“. All decisions of the Tournament Organizer are final in all matters relating to this Tournament.”.

What else needs to be said. It was well known that the final would be bo5. If at the time 1 team didn’t agree to it they wouldn’t have pressed ready and instead disputed the call. To come on the forums afterwards just makes it seem like you can’t accept your loss and shows poor sportsmanship.

1) It was obviously not well enough known.

2) It’s easy to miss the 5 (and think it’s a 3) when the rules specifically state that ALL matches will be BO3 when it is announced just before the match starts.

Personally I would just have said kitten you after 3 rounds and claimed the win and left. If the TO can’t follow their own rules they’re not worth dealing with.

Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Schlieffen.2054

Schlieffen.2054

However, I agree that it’s silly to schedule a tournament where one side of the bracket has to play all the way through in one day. It doesn’t make the result less valid but they should change that in the future.

The BO5 format was a huge success from the viewpoint of an exciting match for viewers, I’m glad they did that. Disputing the match after losing always cuts the legs out from under the argument that someone got screwed, instead it looks like sour grapes.

Changing rules mid-tournament is a BIG no-no. If GW2 is to become a decent e-sport this has to be cracked down on hard. Even if it led to a more interesting match this time. Then the rules should be changed for the next tournament saying that the Finals will be BO5 instead of BO3. You do not come in and change that at the last minute.

I agree, I had already edited my post to include the bit about avoiding that so as to avoid even the slightest bit of impropriety.

In this case though, changing to BO5 from BO3 gave neither team an advantage. In fact, wouldn’t you expect a longer series to be more likely to determine the best team than a shorter series? So yes, I don’t think there is anything odd going on here just the TO trying to have a better EU finals (and honestly, that might be the best match of the entire invitational). It was a huge success and no team gained an advantage from it.

But in the future, I agree with you. These things SHOULD be thought out ahead of time and set ahead of time. Again, if we’re talking about the present case, I fail to see how either team was advantaged by the change.