Tournament Rank Restriction

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

This has been stated many times in multiple threads. Please put a kittening Level 20 Rank Restriction to compete in Tournament Matches.

The queue is filled with nubcakes who have no clue how to play. Especially on this week’s map, they have no idea what any of the buffs do or when they’ll spawn. Management of the Middle buff that pops at 11:30/ 5:30 and top buff at 8:30 arguably decides the match. They don’t know, don’t care, and only play just go get their Monthly Laurels.

Please put a Level 20 Rank Restriction for tournament matches. At the very least make it level 15.

in PvP

Posted by: Empiren.6401

Empiren.6401

LVL 10 I’d say.

At least that weeds out the people who just go into tpvp for the monthly.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Lol. Rank 5 or possibly 10 at worst is more on the correct lines.

The point is to get people Into PvP, not alienate them even further. A decent tutorial, more tips at loading screens and voice overs would be better rather than a rank restriction that takes considerable time to achieve.

MMR cannot work, at all, without half a decent population to support it. Good players will rise regardless and be matched with better players, but only if there are enough people playing.

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

They cant learn how to play in hotjoin, we would need a seperate ranked and nonranked tournament and remove hotjoin altogether. Maybe custom arena will fix this.

But yea after thats in place i agree with a rank limit on ranked tournaments, i would put atleast rank 20 as a limit if not 30.

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: besaah.2516

besaah.2516

a restriction like that can only have the desired effect when there is another game mode that teaches the basics of the tournament play.
8v8s won’t give you the gameknowledge that i feel is needed to start off with tournaments.
i believe a rank restricition will have little to no use in the current state of the game.
we would need another tournament-queue for newcommers to support that restricition.

in PvP

Theplayboy.6417

That’s the thing though, they don’t want to learn and they don’t want to play sPvP. They only play because they want their Laurels. Remove the 3 Tournament Wins from the PvP Monthly, replace it with 10 Hotjoin Wins or something, and put in a Level 10 Rank Restriction for Tournaments.

(edited by Theplayboy.6417)

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I’m afraid this wont really fix the problem. People don’t learn how to play the game, and especially don’t learn the meta, or class roles, by doing hotjoin.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Maybe tournament played would be a better parameter to see the real experience in tournament.

Everyone has this stat, so i think is not hard to do a filter with “tournament played”

I think is a better stat than rank because atm people can reach an high rank in hot join without playing a single tournament match.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

This won’t fix the problem when you see rank 30-40 hotjoin heroes that play worse than a rank 18 knowledgeable player

The only way people learn tpvp (from what I have seen) is when we get a random person that asks* for help on what he can do better, I can at least tell them everything I have learned from playing ~900 tpvp matches in hopes they get better themselves. Unfortunately, most tpvp games solo queue; nobody says anything, I will even ask “who will get our home point” and nobody responds, so I have gotten to the idaf point and play in hopes* my team knows wtf they are doing, until I make a premade later in the day. The main point I am trying to say is that playing tpvp barely* teaches you how to really tpvp, but most people don’t put to effort to learn how to play it.

edit: I would change the achievement to something reasonable (over a month) like 10 tpvp wins, 3 is a joke for most people that tpvp (even 10) which can be done in 1 day.

in PvP

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

This has been stated many times in multiple threads. Please put a kittening Level 20 Rank Restriction to compete in Tournament Matches.

The queue is filled with nubcakes who have no clue how to play. Especially on this week’s map, they have no idea what any of the buffs do or when they’ll spawn. Management of the Middle buff that pops at 11:30/ 5:30 and top buff at 8:30 arguably decides the match. They don’t know, don’t care, and only play just go get their Monthly Laurels.

Please put a Level 20 Rank Restriction for tournament matches. At the very least make it level 15.

Or gives us option to quit for first 30 sec before game starts, you can guess some players will be worse then bots or you already played with them so you know it!

in PvP

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

I’m afraid this wont really fix the problem. People don’t learn how to play the game, and especially don’t learn the meta, or class roles, by doing hotjoin.

The issue I have with the restriction is the inability to join in hotjoins as a party. Sure you can both join the same game, but it’s a crap-shoot as to whether you’ll wind up on the same team. I’m still recruiting old friends to come try GW2 specifically for the tPvP, having to solo queue with random puggers for 20 ranks would be a deal breaker.

~Shadowkat

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Just what PvP needs, less PvP’ers!

No thanks. How about instead of wasting your time making tPvP even worse with a rank restriction (and I am way above 20 so no bias here), you actually add some more game types and add a guild war system so we can get some GvG world PvP in.

in PvP

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

There are like 12 people that still do sPvP and all of them are bad. You should be happy that people are playing instead of posting faux elitism.

in PvP

Theplayboy.6417

There are like 12 people that still do sPvP and all of them are bad. You should be happy that people are playing instead of posting faux elitism.

Now you’re just being silly. Way more then 12 and they aren’t all bad. I’m confident more than a few would easily hand you your own kitten 12 people posted in this thread even…..

Fun Fact: More than 8,000 people watched the last sPvP State of the Game on Twitch March 14th, 2013.

in PvP

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Let people play and lose some, and figure out what’s going on. sPVP isn’t hard, they’ll figure it out.

in PvP

Posted by: Baam.2493

Baam.2493

I approve of this feature… but only once hot joins teach GOOD HABITS instead of 100% terrible ones like they do now. Until then, don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Nilvio.7941

Nilvio.7941

Fun Fact: More than 8,000 people watched the last sPvP State of the Game on Twitch March 14th, 2013.

And how many out of those 8000 ppl still playing? maybe like 300 max

English is not my native language :)
RETIRED MESMER YO!

in PvP

Posted by: Briix.6872

Briix.6872

The problem is not clueless players playing tournaments, the problem is MMR not seeming to work as intended. If MMR worked as it is supposed to, you wouldn’t be matched up against new players that haven’t played SPvP before, or as you say, are bad at it.
Putting a rank restriction on tournaments is the wrong way to go about it. It’s like a hotfix (and a bad one) to something that needs fixing, MMR.

Maldeor (thief).

in PvP

Theplayboy.6417

And how many out of those 8000 ppl still playing? maybe like 300 max

I agree with number. 300 MAX. But the fact that it had that many viewers live in the middle of the western hemisphere day means that people are still interested. This PvE noob ism isn’t helping the real situation.

I want new players and I want the Mists to be packed. But these people don’t want to play sPvP. They are only here for Laurels. It doesn’t help the scene. I want to play with players that want to be here and sPvP because they want to sPvP.

Give them their Laurels I don’t mind. Make the pvp monthly hot join wins instead of tourney wins.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

I just think there need to be different leagues like… ranks 1-10 get matched with 1-10s. 11-20s get match with 11-20s. and 30+ are in open league.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

We need a rank 10 restriction. Today i had to play with a r1 in my team that clearly had no idea what was going on. He didn’t even try to cap any empty node but he had to fight vs r40 and r50 people. Ofc, he just died over and over.

Also, flawless matchmaking

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Maybe tournament played would be a better parameter to see the real experience in tournament.

Everyone has this stat, so i think is not hard to do a filter with “tournament played”

I think is a better stat than rank because atm people can reach an high rank in hot join without playing a single tournament match.

This really makes a CLIKing sound for those in EU

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/83412/if-you-know-what-i-mean.gif

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Theplayboy.6417

Something has to be done now. Today I solo queud and at the start of the match a guy actually asked in say why he was level 1. This is absolutely ridiculous. I then had to explain to him what to do and what was going on. Of course the other team wins. At the end of the match it turns out that we had a Rank 3 and a Rank 1 player on our team. They got paired up with me and another 35+. I guess ANet’s stupid MMR thought that would balance out the group?

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. I truly am considering quitting the game over this.

GW1 PvP was a million times better. Too bad it’s completely dead these days……….