Tournament in November By Kit The Traveler

in PvP

Posted by: pixie.5940

pixie.5940

YES I will have a pvt arenas already set up <— forgot to add that.

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

I’m assuming the 3v3 is TDM, since Conquest wouldn’t make much sense for that, but is the 5v5 TDM or Conquest? Also, you mention people not being able to substitute players if they aren’t entered. Does that mean we can register substitutes?

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

pixie.5940

I’m assuming the 3v3 is TDM, since Conquest wouldn’t make much sense for that, but is the 5v5 TDM or Conquest? Also, you mention people not being able to substitute players if they aren’t entered. Does that mean we can register substitutes?

3v3 is TDM on courtyard
5v5 is ranked maps. i.e.: Battle of Kyhlo, Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of the Foefire, Temple of the Silent Storm are the currently ranked maps for anyone who doesn’t know PvP lingo. I’ll add this to the message above.

You’re allowed to register at least ONE or TWO substitutes per team. Be sure to register them as substitutes in your roster. You cannot act as a substitute and play for 2 separate teams. You must stay with one team. You must only register in ONE game mode!

I’ll be sure edit first post add it up there! I kind of blanked the heck out on that main part. Thank you for pointing that out.

in PvP

Posted by: Omegaoufzor.2160

Omegaoufzor.2160

Hmm, did you notice that 5AM PST —> 2PM UTC+2?

in PvP

Posted by: Deadlypixel.8734

Deadlypixel.8734

I would enter but I’m not good enough to have a team. So I’ll just spectate and make fun of the bad ki- I mean…..enjoy a good time!

Just a friendly community commander.
Shatterer CC Lead, Mesmer ports, Raid trainings. I’m here for you all!

in PvP

pixie.5940

Hmm, did you notice that 5AM PST —> 2PM UTC+2?

Trying to make it easier for my EU folks. That about early noonish for them. I’m ok with that. If we find time won’t work for most of the EU team we’ll fix it before then.

I added it to the notes.

(edited by pixie.5940)

in PvP

pixie.5940

I would enter but I’m not good enough to have a team. So I’ll just spectate and make fun of the bad ki- I mean…..enjoy a good time!

K i t ? ME! >;o

in PvP

Posted by: xKratos.4758

xKratos.4758

Thanks for taking initiative to organize a tournament during PvP downtimes. I can give you a few suggestions from my tournament experiences and organizing one. Instead of using email to organize teams, try Battlefly.com system, they got everything in simple formats and most PvP players who play tournament like myself are used to Battlefly.

Also, idk if 9 PM PST is the most convenient for you but if possible please consider pushing it back to 7 or 8 PST. The reason for that is from my tournament experiences, if more than 6 teams sign up the matches will take at least ~2hrs to played out unless you run 3 arenas simultaneously to reduce time.

As for casters and streamers, I can hook you up with Gamewithstorm, Jebro, Aerodynamique, OlrunTheBlade, etc. All are well known casters/Players in the PvP community. Just send me a mail In-game if you need any more help since I’m interested in helping amateur tournaments to help bring PvP back to life.

[AZN] Kratoast – twitch.tv/xkratosz
I host dank memes 244p tournament MingLee

in PvP

pixie.5940

Thanks for taking initiative to organize a tournament during PvP downtimes. I can give you a few suggestions from my tournament experiences and organizing one. Instead of using email to organize teams, try Battlefly.com system, they got everything in simple formats and most PvP players who play tournament like myself are used to Battlefly.

Also, idk if 9 PM PST is the most convenient for you but if possible please consider pushing it back to 7 or 8 PST. The reason for that is from my tournament experiences, if more than 6 teams sign up the matches will take at least ~2hrs to played out unless you run 3 arenas simultaneously to reduce time.

As for casters and streamers, I can hook you up with Gamewithstorm, Jebro, Aerodynamique, OlrunTheBlade, etc. All are well-known casters/Players in the PvP community. Just send me a mail In-game if you need any more help since I’m interested in helping amateur tournaments to help bring PvP back to life.

First off Jebro and I are in same community maker content pool so he knows of this. Any of others guys want too. That totally cool. I would just like a heads up of who.

Second off are you speaking of NA or EU on time. I don’t mind swapping up time if it helps. I was going off base of all the folks I’ve spoken to and their free time.

As for the email. For now I’ll stick with that. Note it for next time.

I hope that clears everything. Again as for time I need to know NA or EU. If so I’ll look into it. We have about a month and half. It best to do it now on any time change. Before it to late in the month.

in PvP

Posted by: xKratos.4758

xKratos.4758

NA tournament one. I think the best time would be around 7 or 8 central. That usually the times NA tournament happen from my experiences.

[AZN] Kratoast – twitch.tv/xkratosz
I host dank memes 244p tournament MingLee

in PvP

pixie.5940

NA tournament one. I think the best time would be around 7 or 8 central. That usually the times NA tournament happen from my experiences.

Oh ok get ya and time zone makes sense. Let’s change that then. That totally fine. Thanks for pointing that out. I’ll edit it. Sometimes I forget.. being in Seattle Wa my time zone is way back from central folks. Swapping time now then.

If I can get a confirm if EU time works for EU folks let me know I will swap that as well.

in PvP

pixie.5940

Ah, real quick I should add.
There a few folks who donating some things into prize pool to give away for stream viewers and for players in the matchup. <3

If anyone else is wanting to pitch in. As I tweeted out. Please only do so if you want too. I don’t want anyone not be able to pay bills or whatever RL issues. Do you first. I got most of this handle by out of pocket myself or grinding.

I’ll be sure make a thank you list for folks who donated. Also make sure if you donate tell me where you want prize fund to go into. Again you can pvt me or on game etc. I pretty much live on it doing traveler stuff.

in PvP

Posted by: Deadlypixel.8734

Deadlypixel.8734

Bumping this to get it back up in the forums for easier viewing.

Just a friendly community commander.
Shatterer CC Lead, Mesmer ports, Raid trainings. I’m here for you all!

in PvP

pixie.5940

Bumping this to get it back up in the forums for easier viewing.

Thanks!

I wanted to take the time thank notUlvsonn, Choxie808, LordHelseth for donations towards the PVP tournament. I really appreciate it!
I know LordHelseth going to let us use his arena for EU.
I believe Age is going to let me borrow his for NA.

in PvP

pixie.5940

I believe we may be moving this to next month or Jan. <_< It seems a lot of folks have holiday/family/Thanksgiving stuff to do.

I could move it to Dec. maybe after Christmas. So everyone can get their holidays out of the way?

Let me know.
If not I’ll PM the teams who sign up so far and ask them.
Thought I keep everyone inform. Not everyone follows’s twitter.