Tournament of Legends Update

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Including announcement of a second Tournament of Legends sometime in June/July.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/tournament-of-legends-update/

in PvP

Posted by: MrCyrus.5036

MrCyrus.5036

It’s tournament of PVE crabs.

Titanium [AFK]

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

It’s tournament of PVE crabs.

Oh, it’s a crab toss tournament? I’m in

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Will the Llama finisher rewards be permanent or temporary?

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Will the Llama finisher rewards be permanent or temporary?

I’m guessing it’s permanent because it’ll also be available in the gem store. Tourny just gives you a chance to win it rather then paying for it.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I think Llama Finisher needs to stay exclusive for this tournament.

What’s the point to partecipite to these tournaments if every single player can buy these rewards on gem store or grinding them.

PvP players deserve more unique rewards, a reward can’t have an high value if everyone can get it.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

What’s the point to partecipite to these tournaments if every single player can buy these rewards on gem store or grinding them.

PvP players deserve more unique rewards, a reward can’t have an high value if everyone can get it.

But pvp is also the only place, where you can use the finisher.
In addition it’s in the gem shop, so ANet won’t cut their eventual earnings.
Also, if I read the announcement right, you only have to win the first round for getting the finisher.
placing #32 doesn’t justify a unique finisher.

(edited by EverythingEnds.4261)

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

But pvp is also the only place, where you can use the finisher.
In addition it’s in the gem shop, so ANet won’t cut their eventual earnings.

It’s not true, anet included pve events in the last LS where u can use your finisher and in WWW (in zerg is difficult) you can use your finisher.

BTW i spoke in general, i think PVE – WWW and Spvp needs to unique acquisition skin, after that you can carry your skin wherever you want but tournament like this needs to have unique rewards.

And we need unique rewards for soloqueue/teamqueue (with unique tracks) and for future ladders.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

The prices you get mostly are just bits and bytes, which don’t cost ANet anything.
The fact that the same kind of tournament will be in several month also doesn’t make this tournament that special.

The occasions where you can use the finishers in PvE are that small, I wouldn’t account them for the consideration.
And for WvW, I don’t care that much, especially, as WvW players don’t have acces to the rank finishers unless they play spvp.

You get a freaking* Legendary out of this tournament, so I’d regard this as special enough.

*the team “freaking” is only related to Legendaries via pvp, since everybody having enough skill to get into the finals of the tournament proably would already have 2+ Legendaries if he would have invested his time into PvE instead of PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Few questions:
is it 100 percent qualifier like it SHOULD be?
Who are the teams in?
Can the teams in change rosters post april 15th patch like we wanted?
Can new groups join?

I dont expect anything for the last 2 but an answer is always appriciated.

2nd part:

Thanks for allowing more teams. Since I completely doubt there are 64 ACTUAL pvp teams and not random pve’rs I am happy. Every pvp’r (how can we check? Possible? pvp leaderbaords top 1k shows who has atleast played pvp but make sure each team submits there own screenie for this instead of random checking. Makes it easier/faster)

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I really hope it’s 100% qualifier. Everyone should be equal, no one should have special treatment.