Toxic attitude? Go PvE with wrong gear

in PvP

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

To those that a crying over toxic attitude in PvP. Firstly get good and go PvE and get kicked for no berserk gear.

(edited by Chilli.2976)

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

This is my stance on the matter.

Force your way into a pve 50+ fractal group and tell people to stop the toxic attitude when you ignore party chat, don’t know any of the tactics, make no effort to learn or ask for help, cause your group to fail and /rofl because they can’t kick you or do anything about it.

That junk would be hotfixed quicker than power block, the reality of the situation is that pvp players don’t matter, just make way for the pve crowd, soon there’ll be a skyhammer cannon on every map

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Check the screenie… there is not even point in teaching them…
Ofcourse thief went far, i had to stay back on close and help other guy cap it, so our guys got outnumbered on mid and died, even tho we went from close to mid and wiped 2 of them we still died in the end because our pro thief was dpsing enemy bases door and then got killed by the guys we wiped on mid.

Attachments:

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Ofcourse thief went far, i had to stay back on close and help other guy cap it, so our guys got outnumbered on mid and died, even tho we went from close to mid and wiped 2 of them we still died in the end because our pro thief was dpsing enemy bases door and then got killed by the guys we wiped on mid.

I stopped trying the ‘mentoring’ approach, some don’t read, some read but ignore, some just don’t want to be told what to do whether they think it’s good or not. There’s no point in trying.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

As all bosses now have fixed spawntimes, maybe pvp players should all bring their lvl 2 toons to the bloodtide coast and try to do tequatl.

Of course we would go on those servers with players who put much effort into organizing a proper raid.

in PvP

Chilli.2976

The “elite” PvE players don’t read chat, because they know it all. A lot of them ignore chat and just zerg.

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Uh huh. I’m sure that picture clearly represents every single PvEer who is trying out PvP for the first time. I’m sure literally every single PvEer is a kitten bag because the ones YOU happened to run into didn’t play the way you wanted them too.

PvP is hard, especially if you are coming from a PvE world. There’s a difference between throwing out a crazy plan filled with PvP jargon and literally taking a little bit to take a newbie under your wing and show them some cool stuff. There’s a reason good schools and good teachers don’t just throw you a text book and go afk. They teach. If you can’t teach, then just don’t be a kitten and encourage them.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

There’s a reason good schools and good teachers don’t just throw you a text book and go afk. They teach. If you can’t teach, then just don’t be a kitten and encourage them.

This is quite an ironic tbh.

I’m a teacher as a profession, I get paid. How much am I getting paid to teach people who can’t pvp but want to join the ranked ques regardless?

There is no argument in what you’re saying, people just seem to want their cake and eat it

‘I know I’m kittening up your game by joining solo que when I could join hotjoin but I don’t care stop being mean’

in PvP

The Gates Assassin.9827

There’s a reason good schools and good teachers don’t just throw you a text book and go afk. They teach. If you can’t teach, then just don’t be a kitten and encourage them.

This is quite an ironic tbh.

I’m a teacher as a profession, I get paid. How much am I getting paid to teach people who can’t pvp but want to join the ranked ques regardless?

There is no argument in what you’re saying, people just seem to want their cake and eat it

‘I know I’m kittening up your game by joining solo que when I could join hotjoin but I don’t care stop being mean’

Soloqueue is suppose to match people based on rank. It’s also suppose to be a bridge to higher end tPvP as the matches are MUCH more structured than hot join. Not all casuals want the chaos of hot joins. If Soloqueue is matching you with new players, blame Anet, not the guy who wants something with a bit more substance and structure than hot join. If you don’t want new players, join Team Arenas and Yoloqueue it.

Again, you don’t have to teach them, just don’t be a kitten. Kindly suggest they get more experience in Hot Join first before joining Soloqueue if they really are that bad. Remember there’s a person on the other end of that character. You’re assuming that every single person who jumps into Solo Queue and is bad is doing it to be a jerk.

And no, you don’t get paid to teach people. It’s just a nice thing to do. I started this game just as crappy as they did and this game does jack kitten to teach players about how to be successful. It wasn’t until 3 months into playing this game that one of the elite engineers of the time was nice enough to spend a good half hour with me showing me a build and the basics of the engineer. I’m now rank 76 and will be playing with my team in the tournament of legends. I have 5 engineers and absolutely love PvP. I probably would have only played PvE if it wasn’t for that session. I owe a lot of that skill to…whoever that person was xD. There’s a lot of times when my skill level stagnated, but guides posted on the forums, talking with high end players and just chatting with nice people in PvP has gotten me to get even better. Instead of spite for new players, be nice and someday they’ll be really good too.

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

There’s still no argument in what you’re saying.

Every point you’ve made is basically based on… nothing.

‘Blame anet’ – you blame them

’don’t be a kitten’ you don’t be one by selfishly joining a ranked team game that you can’t/wont contribute to just for the reward

’it’s a nice thing to do’ so is considering other people in ranked before you join

‘not all casuals want hotjoin’ not all high level pvpers have 4 guildies on/available at any given opportunity

’there’s a person on the end of the character’ too kitten right, why are people screwing over 4 others behind their character by messing up their ranked game?

All your points are just what you want. Again; have cake and eat it.

That’s basically it. Please stop trying with the Mother Theresa attitude trying to cover up the fact that people are deliberately messing up part of the game and trying to get away with it by acting innocent and trying to demonize the enemy.

Inexperience isn’t a crime, far from it. But forcing yourself into a ranked game when there is a clear alternative more appropriate for your experience just because you selfishly want the better reward, that is.

in PvP

Posted by: Jitae.3715

Jitae.3715

’don’t be a kitten’ you don’t be one by selfishly joining a ranked team game that you can’t/wont contribute to just for the reward

’it’s a nice thing to do’ so is considering other people in ranked before you join

‘not all casuals want hotjoin’ not all high level pvpers have 4 guildies on/available at any given opportunity

’there’s a person on the end of the character’ too kitten right, why are people screwing over 4 others behind their character by messing up their ranked game?

That’s basically it. Please stop trying with the Mother Theresa attitude trying to cover up the fact that people are deliberately messing up part of the game and trying to get away with it by acting innocent and trying to demonize the enemy.

Inexperience isn’t a crime, far from it. But forcing yourself into a ranked game when there is a clear alternative more appropriate for your experience just because you selfishly want the better reward, that is.

If I join a solo que match, please enlighten me, in what way did I just “Force” my way in?

Also, all that user said was basically to take it easy and that you should just be nice. You are the one getting hostile over it, think about it. I can see how teaching new players over and over can be annoying. And I know personally from literally HUNDREDS of dungeon runs how frustrating it can be to have one player dragging you down only to have it happening the very next group. I personally, take the mentor approach and many players do pay it forward. But the point is, its a game, so your rank goes down because some guy is playing poorly, take care of you and move on. You help no one with your current state attitude. End of the day, its a video game and should be given the appropriate emotional responses. Loose a game, oh well, how about another?

Strike Force [SF]
Raging Lettuce, Lappi the Wanderer, Lilith Shadowsong

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

If I join a solo que match, please enlighten me, in what way did I just “Force” my way in?

Nobody can kick you no matter what you do, we’re forced to put up with you.

And no, he isn’t just saying take it easy, he’s saying ‘be nice to me but ignore me being selfish towards you!’ That’s the point, his argument is be nice to people not being nice to you that’s thinly veiled with a happy tone, it’s founded in nothingness.

You need to stop trying to blame the victim, people becoming irritated by people deliberately being a selfish irritant – there’s nothing out of line with that whatsoever, so I suggest you take the silk gloves approach to the source itself tbh.

in PvP

The Gates Assassin.9827

No one begrudges you for being mad at people who are purposely going into ranked matches just to get a reward, but to think that all or even just the majority of new players are in that category is completely false. Some players are playing PvP for the first time because it’s rewarding and hopefully because they find it fun. People being jerks can ruin the entire game for people.

If I must be so direct, my point is that you shouldn’t assume the worst in new players. Wiki’s most important policy is “assume good faith”. Unless they are blatantly being bad or jerks, there’s no reason to assume that they are. If you kitten out a newbie for being in the soloqueue arena, there’s no telling if you told some troll in it for the rewards to go away or some newbie who truly just doesn’t get the game just yet and is in the wrong place. Maybe they thought they were good because they were wrecking face in hot joins and get a shell shock from how hard it is to fight in Soloqueue.

too kitten right, why are people screwing over 4 others behind their character by messing up their ranked game?

Because they don’t know any better. Not everyone has the same information you have about PvP. Some have literally 0 matches played. This game does nothing to guide players in the right direction, so you can’t be surprised when players get lost or do things wrong.

Also, what teacher says “Basically based”?

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

^ the game has regular hotjoin 5v5 servers or custom arenas. Anyone can go in there to get the idea of pvp before they to into solo que and make their team rely on them.

in PvP

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

The problem with this attitude is that the only thing you learn from hotjoin is how to navigate the map at a basic level.

None of the actual tactics that matter in ranked games are applied in hotjoins. The only place to learn these is from solo queue or someone mentoring you.

I played only hotjoin for a long time before I started solo queuing and I assure you I was still completely lost, and probably useless, for the first 5~10 matches.

Dragonbrand

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Gates, you are just bashing out the same argument, putting the blame on the victim in the situation.

If the game does nothing to point people in the right direction, then how can people be surprised when people are irate over having their time wasted?

You are just assuming that because people are irate over a matter you can demonize them to cover the fact that you have nothing with any logic to say. Then to top it off, you get ad hominem [again, you have no argument so no big shock] so if you don’t like my English then take it to the next forum, but don’t come in here trying to silence people who have every right to be irate by selfish actions at their expense. I suggest maybe you take some of your own advice and ‘assume good faith’ anytime you see someone getting riled up about getting their game wrecked, they probably just assumed people were trolling by deliberately ignoring tactics that were spelled out for them in clear writing.

You also need to source any claims that the minority of people are falling into that new & innocent/doesn’t know any better category, as currently the boards are flooded with complaints from long standing pvpers that the exact opposite is true, and given the fact that servers in game are currently packed to capacity, I’m highly doubting your claim given the evidence tbh.

You’re all concerned about the game being ruined for a select crowd, ignoring the fact that that crowd are the root cause of the game being ruined for another crowd because of their self-centered actions, you just don’t seem too concerned about that for whatever reason.

in PvP

The Gates Assassin.9827

All claims on the forums are going to be anecdotal. Citing some other people who are also assuming that other players are being purposely bad is not evidence for your argument either. What percentage of the GW2 population do you think goes on the forums? This is a tiny sample size to be citing. Look at the facts:

1. Anet put rewards into PvP.
  2. In order to get rewards, you can lose and get a smaller reward or win and get a larger reward.
  3. There is no reason to purposely lose a fight and the mechanics encourage players to win, rather than simply purposely lose.
  4. PvE offers MORE rewards than PvP currently and it takes LESS time. There is no way there are farmers and if there are, they won’t last. PvE is just too lucrative. I’ve played about 12+ hours over the past week and I’ve made about 15g. I could do a few dungeons and blow that number out of the water by doing some easy dungeons. Keep in mind, I was winning most of my matches, not losing.
  5. If a player is purposely losing a match, it is highly likely the other team will win this 4v5 in under 7 minutes, reducing the rewards for everyone.

Why, with those facts, would we assume that the vast majority of players are purposely losing? Sure, some players who aren’t spectacular yet will be joining Soloqueue, but that’s to be expected! Who is good the first time they do a new game mode? You have to start somewhere! The only reason to go for PvP rewards is exclusives and because you enjoy it. The rewards are not high enough (probably on purpose) to warrant anything like you are suggesting. Will there be some cases of people leeching? Of course, it happens in every game with rewards, but to assume bad players = leechers is just plain wrong.

Look at that picture above. Who’s to say he’s not a decap engi? Trying a new tactic? I’ve seen high rank thieves play far point, annoy the kitten out of a home point bunker, then push base. Once the home point bunker leaves to stop them from wreaking havoc in their base, they go back and decap the point. They continue this until the entire base is empty! That poster assumed that’s a bad strategy, when really it’s not if done right. Some people assume there’s one way to play this game and there just isn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Jitae.3715

Jitae.3715

To azuzephyr: No your summation of what he was trying to accomplish is shoddy at best. He was advocating being kind to others and to place blame where it is due. New players have just as much right as you or I joining ranked games and compete for rank. Yes, some have no idea what they are doing, they will loose often and wise up. Yeah, I agree it sucks that it costs you, but I think that just somehow we will survive a loss in rank standing. I know shocking right!

“You need to stop trying to blame the victim, people becoming irritated by people deliberately being a selfish irritant – there’s nothing out of line with that whatsoever, so I suggest you take the silk gloves approach to the source itself tbh.”

Then you all are doing it wrong by that logic. The only reason these players are in your matches is due to a poor matchmaking system which allows new blood to end up in games with veterans while both sides are clearly unequal in terms of time spent and rank points earned. So, by your own logic, be kind to others ( for both the new blood and the old) and bring it to the devs attention (once again calm and collected they do a good job and I’m sure this issue will get fixed). But literally nothing, gets fixed by you “taking it to its source” and yelling at new players (even the dense ones that are rude) you just foster a negative environment. There are many new SPvP players, myself included, that are being stigmatized. I want to get better at SPvP I cannot do that in Hot join because then I cant join the same team as my buddy and when I join solo que I get harrassed for being low rank or having a legendary.

Side story: Last good game I played I was on my ele. D/D both incinerator skin. Some SPvP veteran Hero decided I must be trash because of this and was on my tail the whole game (thief). Much to his dismay, I not only managed to ignore his feeble attempts to spike me with well timed dodges (I know all the thief tricks 1000K hours of thief will do that) and floated between points upsetting team fights. It took me screwing up and getting on the bad side of a 3v1 to be downed and they kept me so while jumping and dancing on my downed body till 10% health and ran off. I then mistformed to LoS them and rally. Not 5 seconds later I humbled that thief (He came back and tried it again when I had no objectives to go to) while waiting to be booted to the lobby.

Moral of the story, just because some new PvE centric players are bad at the game type and are rude doesn’t mean we all are. If I am not doing something right, I want to be told so I can get better because I like winning. Likewise, I will share that to the next guy. I loose lots of matches because of a bad team, I don’t go slewing insults and acting entitled, I jump into the next one and once again do what I can to win. So, once again in the vein of The Gates Assassin: be nice to your fellow players. If they don’t take your advice, ignore them and move on. Its just a game.

EDIT: removed ancient signature.

Strike Force [SF]
Raging Lettuce, Lappi the Wanderer, Lilith Shadowsong

(edited by Jitae.3715)

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I dont mind if ppl are bad or if they make mistakes. What i do mind is the arrogance and the egosentric mindset/playstyle that i see so often in soloq games.

Most new guys i encounter do the direct opposite of what i ask in my friendly request. They just dont want to be told what to do, even if its the best advice in the world.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Who is good the first time they do a new game mode? You have to start somewhere!

That somewhere is hotjoin. Period.

Please explain to me in a clear format why your view is that it’s fine/forgivable to selfishly join ranked matches knowingly or not with not enough experience/unwillingness to try to play efficiently but not forgivable to be upset by those people’s selfish actions, I’m still waiting for the logic to hit me.

Most people actually do not berate new players, but instead come to the forums [here] to bring it up as a community point. You might not like it, that doesn’t make the OP’s point wrong, it’s a perfect analogy.

in PvP

The Gates Assassin.9827

Who is good the first time they do a new game mode? You have to start somewhere!

That somewhere is hotjoin. Period.

Please explain to me in a clear format why your view is that it’s fine/forgivable to selfishly join ranked matches knowingly or not with not enough experience/unwillingness to try to play efficiently but not forgivable to be upset by those people’s selfish actions, I’m still waiting for the logic to hit me.

Most people actually do not berate new players, but instead come to the forums [here] to bring it up as a community point. You might not like it, that doesn’t make the OP’s point wrong, it’s a perfect analogy.

Because Soloqueue isn’t the end all be all of PvP. Getting high on Soloqueue isn’t really a big deal and thus losing it isn’t a big deal. Your teammates are random, thus the vast majority of your games are going to be won with a bit of luck. It is basically Random Arenas from GW1. In GW1, there was absolutely no bridge between Random Arenas and Hero’s Ascent/GvG. In GW2, there is. It’s soloqueue. Why do you insist on trying to push players away from that bridge?

1. Hot Join – Totally open PvP. Victory doesn’t matter, just have fun. Good for complete casuals.
  2. Solo Queue – Structured PvP with random players. Designed to introduce new players to real tPvP without needing a team. Bridges the colossal gap between Hot Join and tPvP. This game mode should not be taken overly seriously. There are far too many random elements to take it seriously.
  3. Team Queue – Highest form of PvP in the game currently.

(edited by The Gates Assassin.9827)

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Because it isn’t the bridge, hotjoin is the bridge.

People just have no problem going for the self-centered reward at the cost of anyone actually trying.

And what you are saying is that it’s wrong for the people trying to be upset that they are getting jibbed in the situation. You are totally incorrect.

in PvP

The Gates Assassin.9827

The bridge between what and what? Hot Join is the starting point. Don’t even begin to call PvE or that crap PvP tutorial a starting point because they couldn’t be farther from it. PvE is NOTHING like PvP and the tutorial doesn’t even begin to explain what you do in PvP. You could do a ton of hot joins and not know what a bunker, far capping, rotating or decapping is. It just doesn’t show up in Hot Join. It’s basically Death Match. How do you expect people to learn that? I honestly had no idea what a bunker was until I first started tPvP.

(edited by The Gates Assassin.9827)

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

You could do a ton of hot joins and not know what a bunker, far capping, rotating or decapping is. It just doesn’t show up in Hot Join. It’s basically Death Match. How do you expect people to learn that?

Oh, I don’t know. Tbh I did a ton of leveling and didn’t know what might stacking/defiant/agony was but I didn’t really care, just joined a 50+ fractal group because the best skins drop there and the game didn’t tell me not to do it so it must be ok. I know there are vids and guides available absolutely everywhere and I probably could have told them I was new or asked what to do for the best but YOLO WHO GOT TIME FOR DAT, especially when they can’t kick me even if I do mess up. I mean, yeah the group died a lot and couldn’t get past the endboss but I’m new what do you expect, they typed some stuff into chat but meh, if I didn’t read it it’s just a game and they should get over it, at least I got my daily done and got more gold and stuff than if I just went to the stupid champ train in Orr. I should go back and do another!

And if anyone has something nasty to say to me, it’s anets fault, why should I care – I didn’t lose anything and the 4 other people can go swivel.

(edited by azuzephyr.7280)

in PvP

The Gates Assassin.9827

You could do a ton of hot joins and not know what a bunker, far capping, rotating or decapping is. It just doesn’t show up in Hot Join. It’s basically Death Match. How do you expect people to learn that?

Oh, I don’t know. Tbh I did a ton of leveling and didn’t know what might stacking/defiant/agony was but I didn’t really care, just joined a 50+ fractal group because the best skins drop there and the game didn’t tell me not to do it so it must be ok. I know there are vids and guides available absolutely everywhere and I probably could have told them I was new or asked what to do for the best but YOLO WHO GOT TIME FOR DAT, especially when they can’t kick me even if I do mess up. I mean, yeah the group died a lot and couldn’t get past the endboss but I’m new what do you expect, they typed some stuff into chat but meh, if I didn’t read it it’s just a game and they should get over it, at least I got my daily done and got more gold and stuff than if I just went to the stupid champ train in Orr. I should go back and do another!

And if anyone has something nasty to say to me, it’s anets fault, why should I care – I didn’t lose anything and the 4 other people can go swivel.

Straw man argument. I’m done here. There’s no convincing you.

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Because you’re logically wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Gates,
I need you to drop another crate on my head. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

People who are like complete joke in PvP, are mostly bads in PvE too.

based from what i see.

in PvP

Posted by: Discordia.7293

Discordia.7293

Are the “PVE HERO’s”

I think it’s fun, we have to give time for them to learn to play.

Thief rank 80 – I hate overpower condition duration in wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

IMO, PvE and PvP both have toxic players. SO COME WVW WITH ME

joking aside, I personally don’t think any side has a “more” toxic attitude. But that doesn’t get rid of the fact that they do have toxic attitudes. the fix: remove all the jerks from the game.

oh well..

edit: p.s. there’s no clear indicator that you should do hotjoin before soloque, so if you’re gonna get upset over newbies entering soloque, it would be better directed at anet or something (now, if they blatantly ignore your advice to try hotjoin..)

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

(edited by ITheNormalPerson.9275)

in PvP

Posted by: Borkko.8796

Borkko.8796

So, here is my story as a sPVP scrub. Sturctured PVP was one of the reasons I bought this game, but since I like PVE more, because of the time constraints I had to decide were would I spend most of my playing time and Pve was that choice.

Now since new rewards are enticing, I decided to play sPVP more and was happy to see it’s got some pve rewards tied to it. I’m rank 16 and I did play some team ranked matches with fellow newbs before I completely stopped playing sPVP. In any case, sPVP to me is more appealing than WvW when it comes down to player versus player gameplay in GW2. I’ve played my share of hotjoin and decided to check this Solo ranked mode looking for more structured and more exciting gameplay. I’ve picked a bunker build (Voz’s Immortal TPvP Engineer Bunker Build) and at least it helps me stay alive longer.

Now, the game usually pairs me up with scrubs like myself, but sometimes when I see dragon finishers, I don’t know if I should laugh or cry (lol). One thing I want to say is, you can playhotjoin forever and you will not learn what a “bunker” is, what means “go close” and similar things. Ofcourse you should read some guides so you don’t ruin matches for people that are already good at sPVP, but nothing really can prepare you like the real experience of playing real matches. So, recently I played a solo rank match on a map “Battle of Khylo” and went to cap close thinking about going mid to help out next. I go to mid and enemy trebuchet is raining fire from above, so I decide to try to at least hamper the player bombing us. I get near the trebuchet and enemy player isn’t there so I decide to take down the trebuchet – since my build isn’t very much damaging it would take me forever to take it down, so I go back to check mid or close to help out. Anyway, when I get to home, fellow warrior is fighting a a pesky mesmer that, I think, killed me before. I think to myself, cool, warrior and me can take him down. I notice that the warrior is for some reason just standing on cap point and not fighting the mesmer so I conclude, maybe he’s just trying to defend a point and is not really interested in killing this mesmer. Then, all of a sudden he goes away from home to mid (I think), and leaves me with this pesky mesmer. Of course, this mesmer then proceedes to destroy me, and when I’m waiting to respawn I notice some lines in chat: “Great, engi loses home again”, “You want this?” (from a warr that was on home when I got there – that’s why he left lol), “I don’t understand how you can’t cap when I’m fighting 2-3 solo” – some other player… I say to all of this “sorry”, and I apologize again for kittening of those two players.

My point is, playing hotjoin you get some nasty habits and you really need the practice of real matches to learn stuff. I ask of the more experienced spvp players to have some patience with all of us scrubs, because there is no way we can start playing solo ranked and be great teammates from the start. (sorry for grammar errors, english is not my native language)

corrupted quaggan hates you

in PvP

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Have you guys been doing this to me already? My fractal 50 groups have gotten so much worse since a few days after the patch.

in PvP

Chilli.2976

“Great, engi loses home again”, “You want this?” (from a warr that was on home when I got there – that’s why he left lol), “I don’t understand how you can’t cap when I’m fighting 2-3 solo” – some other player… I say to all of this “sorry”, and I apologize again for kittening of those two players.

I LOL’d

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

To those that a crying over toxic attitude in PvP. Firstly get good

+10

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

From my point of view (as I have already mentioned in various other threads), the main reason for the somewhat toxic environment it admittedly currently has is that new and veteran players are thrown together. This just doesn’t work out.

The matchmaking needs rework. E.g. mixing a rank 10 with a rank 80 is just not right and most likely a bad experience for BOTH sides.

The way it works now I feel that the only thing that keeps players from moving away from pvp (to a large degree) is the rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

yeah and your solution to that is go kitten from first 20 sec of match then go afk on spawn, seen it happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Akeif.7491

Akeif.7491

To those that a crying over toxic attitude in PvP. Firstly get good and go PvE and get kicked for no berserk gear.

It’s true. Everybody is like that in the end :P

in PvP

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

From my point of view (as I have already mentioned in various other threads), the main reason for the somewhat toxic environment it admittedly currently has is that new and veteran players are thrown together. This just doesn’t work out.

The matchmaking needs rework. E.g. mixing a rank 10 with a rank 80 is just not right and most likely a bad experience for BOTH sides.

The way it works now I feel that the only thing that keeps players from moving away from pvp (to a large degree) is the rewards.

i wouldnt count ranks i would check how many tournament games played
not hotjoin
not glora/rank farm
only tournaments since it is a tournament situation and if two players does not have any tournament experience they will most likely screw the whole team up
letting mid / far freecap resing whilst just one more hit on target would secure it all and such…
all things that you dont know necessarry as lvl 80 but my guildies
(some even udner 10 which i play together via voice chat as 80 )
learn steadily
they know how to play their class from wvw
but map overview and stuff is something that you have to learn either way

i think it should be possible in teamq to be matched with 2level 8 2level 13 and one level 80 against 5 level 80
but in solo q it should be changed to players with less than 50games(tournament) played CANT be mixed together with guys that have played 500games
same goes for people with less than 200 cant play with more than 1000
above the 200tournament games played id remove any limitations since by then they should know how it should be done