Toxic behaviour in ranked games.

in PvP

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

So isn’t that kind of behaviour a little bit over the top? I’m not complaining about a little bit of flame or thrashtalk here and there, wherever a competetive scene is present or about to grow there’s also more seriousness and a growing factor of passion, but intentionally afking and moking the team is just too much.

And i got unluckily matched with that guy several times this evening in SoloQ, in my own team as well as on the enemy team. He did the exact same thing the game before. And the game after. Enemy players complaining in mapchat about the same guy. Always the same deal, afking on purpose, with moking the own team. Running to a point and dying to prevent autokick, but leaving the game on 4v5 on purpose.

I blacked out all personal info on the screen to prevent naming and shaming, but is ANet caring about issues like this? I mean 3 out of 4 games i got matched with or against that guy it was the same deal, effectively ruining a game for 9 other people. 5v4 Situations aren’t fun, not even for the winning team.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

“Toxic” stop using this word jesus christ

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

You’re afking on bear…

If you’re annoyed about being paired with a particular individual then just add them to friends and wait for their Q to pop before you join.

If you’re annoyed about unknown variables—such as how people will react with things you don’t like then make some friends and team Q.

Instead it sounds like you’re asking anet to… make it so you don’t get people who intentionally afk? Punish them? Something to that affect, and honestly it’s unlikely to happen.

Either way based on what you’ve posted I’d rather have someone like him on my team rather than someone like you.

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I don’t think Jesus Christ ever used that word, actually.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

In general people who goes intentionally afk because think they can’t win the game are the main loosers.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

our casual guild plays casually in team arena and we have not encountered any toxic chat from the opposing team so far.

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

mis read, but yes there needs to be punishment for leaving/afk (bypassing afk detection results in ban), I think there should be a monthly or weekly amount of leaves, maybe 10/3… after going over that you cant que for TPvP anymore till the next “reset”

(edited by Zepidel.5349)

in PvP

Posted by: Klocknov.8219

Klocknov.8219

Okay, I agree with you, the AFK players do need a punishment, be glad you only got 1 player… But as I already made a post about this and it got ignored, be glad yours is atleast getting attention.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

You’re afking on bear…

If you’re annoyed about being paired with a particular individual then just add them to friends and wait for their Q to pop before you join.

If you’re annoyed about unknown variables—such as how people will react with things you don’t like then make some friends and team Q.

Instead it sounds like you’re asking anet to… make it so you don’t get people who intentionally afk? Punish them? Something to that affect, and honestly it’s unlikely to happen.

Either way based on what you’ve posted I’d rather have someone like him on my team rather than someone like you.

I actually noticed a lot of people in the leaderboards do this they add certain people to friends then wait for them to queue before queueing to avoid facing better players or w/e. It’s pretty sad

in PvP

Posted by: Klocknov.8219

Klocknov.8219

I que to face people and have fun, if they are better then me then I have the potential to see what they do and learn how to get better from both my failures and their success. AFKers detract from that point and really only make the fights a learning area and not how you win the game a learning factor.

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

So isn’t that kind of behaviour a little bit over the top? I’m not complaining about a little bit of flame or thrashtalk here and there, wherever a competetive scene is present or about to grow there’s also more seriousness and a growing factor of passion, but intentionally afking and moking the team is just too much.

And i got unluckily matched with that guy several times this evening in SoloQ, in my own team as well as on the enemy team. He did the exact same thing the game before. And the game after. Enemy players complaining in mapchat about the same guy. Always the same deal, afking on purpose, with moking the own team. Running to a point and dying to prevent autokick, but leaving the game on 4v5 on purpose.

I blacked out all personal info on the screen to prevent naming and shaming, but is ANet caring about issues like this? I mean 3 out of 4 games i got matched with or against that guy it was the same deal, effectively ruining a game for 9 other people. 5v4 Situations aren’t fun, not even for the winning team.

whoever he was you’re mm so insulting you is totally fine, for whatever reason (Afking on side i guess + at spirit watch where afking on points is even more dumb) so yeah he was probably right after all…waste of time..

If you look at minimap (Yes you should always look at minimap) you can clearly see your ranger 1v1 vs a war and since wars are 90% going to win vs a ranger question is…wtf are you doing still sitting at close? I bet the one going afk was actually the guardian…as a bunker guardian getting teamates with no clue means you can’t do kitten, so afking is the only way. Before complaining about ppl getting mad start playing decently maybe..

A r47 should, at least, know how to rotate and backup ppl…but yeah after 15 i got many thieves with sharks backstabbing mesmer clones too so…rofl…still wondering why ppl get mad? Pre-patch r65-70s looking at ppl with sharks and bears (Even cardboard dragons) running in circles doing nothing…dat eports..

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

You play minionmancer without keybinds and afk on point…
entering “ranked” games without any knowledge on how to PVP is “toxic”

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

the way most people play soloq like it is a hotjoin, is toxic

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Lots of people just dont know how to have fun anymore and only login to win ( if youre so bound on winning…Get 4 other people and get your kitten to Tq so you can stop the QQ and laying the blame on others for not winning ) .If they are unable to win they cant have fun for some reason,so their toxic attitude shows up saying how everyone on the team sucks except him..So he goes afk.Loads of people like that around,just report them for botting like anet stated and move on,dont even bother communicating with these people,its hopeless,theyre all the same “I think im elite” bunch that live in their moms basement taking a game far far too serious..

in PvP

Posted by: creature.5120

creature.5120

If everyone is doing his best no one will flame.
But sometimes i dont get the people.
Likse useless zergingn between nodes, 3 people try to stomp same enemy, people waiting on node to get the points instead of support the others.
If you play on a decent rating u dont wanna see this noobie stuff and than yes you will get the flame

Créature – Dr00d, Nebulâk – Nec
Kämpfe stehts fanatisch, denn du bist ein Menschenjäger!

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

If everyone is doing his best no one will flame.
But sometimes i dont get the people.

Likse useless zergingn between nodes, 3 people try to stomp same enemy, people waiting on node to get the points instead of support the others.
If you play on a decent rating u dont wanna see this noobie stuff and than yes you will get the flame

You couldn’t be more wrong,some people just like to throw in the towel at 200 – 300 where people Are doing their best,but the guy in question usually gets his kitten handed to him but blames it on the team anyways,then still goes afk.Its just a hypocritcal toxic bunch that should get their own private “Im a toxic elitist kitten” server list so they can annoy the kitten out of each other.

in PvP

Posted by: creature.5120

creature.5120

Wont say so. If i see that it is 200-300 the others are losing every teamfight and the only one who is still decapping and getting the nodes is me, i will start flaming.
It is kinda useless to move on when your mates arent able to win a single teamfight :/

Créature – Dr00d, Nebulâk – Nec
Kämpfe stehts fanatisch, denn du bist ein Menschenjäger!

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Lots of people just dont know how to have fun anymore and only login to win

A lot of mistakes people make are mistakes in rotations. Like sticking in a 4v3 or even 4v2 for ages while a homedefender has to defend alone vs 2-3. When this happens and i ask for help i typically get a reply “stop qqing look at your score” or “stop moaning just have fun dude”.

Point is; your fun leads to someone else having a miserable time.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

Honestly, I can’t blame any experienced player for acting the way they do right now. These newbie players are incredibly frustrating and it is not because they suck, but they are so ignorant and don’t care at all. Some of them actually think they know better even though they know very little about sPvP at all. SoloQ has become absolutely unplayable at the moment.

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Honestly, I can’t blame any experienced player for acting the way they do right now. These newbie players are incredibly frustrating and it is not because they suck, but they are so ignorant and don’t care at all. Some of them actually think they know better even though they know very little about sPvP at all. SoloQ has become absolutely unplayable at the moment.

Solo que is the new hotjoin, there’s now no options available for anyone who wants to actually try their hand at a more serious version of pvp without a full team.

Solo que wasn’t the greatest before patch, but solo que atm is beyond a joke, worse than hotjoin ever was.

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

Solo que is the new hotjoin, there’s now no options available for anyone who wants to actually try their hand at a more serious version of pvp without a full team.

Solo que wasn’t the greatest before patch, but solo que atm is beyond a joke, worse than hotjoin ever was.

It’s sad because decent players don’t have anywhere to play anymore when their teams aren’t online etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

What’s toxic is joining a ranked game and not knowing you’re supposed to run the kitten orb in Spirit Watch (seriously, had someone earlier who took the orb and then… just stood there killing people instead of running it. didn’t even pay attention to chat, either), or that more than one person doesn’t speed up capture, or that capturing points is how you win so you shouldn’t be in a team fight in the middle of nowhere.

in PvP

Posted by: Glenn.3417

Glenn.3417

Jesus Christ

Champion Phantom – Legionnaire – Genius – Magus

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

A lot of mistakes people make are mistakes in rotations. Like sticking in a 4v3 or even 4v2 for ages while a homedefender has to defend alone vs 2-3. When this happens and i ask for help i typically get a reply “stop qqing look at your score” or “stop moaning just have fun dude”.

Point is; your fun leads to someone else having a miserable time.

Point is,i still know how to have fun,when either winning or losing,im not the “newb” youre talking about yet i still despise these people bashing the new players every time .Its pathetic because that attitude is what gives Everyone on the team a miserable time and tbh when i see someone raging like that against a newer player…i kinda feel i actually just wanna stop it right there,i dont want to give a win to someone with such a feeling of being godsent and the only reason the team is actually ticking at all,yet not true…Fact remains,give tips to players,but raging and purposely afking round after round,just shows you have no place in solo q.

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Because in pvp you’re supposed to play to win…if you want to play just for messing around go back pve already…mobs don’t give a kitten if you’re bad and mess up. It’s like driving in a F1 race just to look at the landscape…and complaining because ppl start insulting you…rofl

..pve heroes…

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Because in pvp you’re supposed to play to win…if you want to play just for messing around go back pve already…mobs don’t give a kitten if you’re bad and mess up. It’s like driving in a F1 race just to look at the landscape…and complaining because ppl start insulting you…rofl

..pve heroes…

In PvP one side will always lose. Does that mean the losing side is doing it wrong? No. It’s a game. You are supposed to enjoy it and winning comes as a natural extension to many things clicking together as they should. In GW2 only team arenas come even close to competitive play where winning actually means something. In all other cases (hot-join, solo queue) you have to understand that you are probably going to deal with a lot of newcomers. Were you “pro” the first day you entered sPvP? I can hardly imagine it. You were probably as bad as them now. Do you have the right to badmouth and tell them to go back to PvE? No you don’t because you probably have a whole year and a half of experience advantage over them.

in PvP

Locuz.2651

In PvP one side will always lose. Does that mean the losing side is doing it wrong? No. It’s a game. You are supposed to enjoy it and winning comes as a natural extension to many things clicking together as they should. In GW2 only team arenas come even close to competitive play where winning actually means something. In all other cases (hot-join, solo queue) you have to understand that you are probably going to deal with a lot of newcomers. Were you “pro” the first day you entered sPvP? I can hardly imagine it. You were probably as bad as them now. Do you have the right to badmouth and tell them to go back to PvE? No you don’t because you probably have a whole year and a half of experience advantage over them.

I dont mind losing, i dont mind ppl making mistakes or being bad. What i do mind is people ruining my fun and forcing me in to annoying/painfull situations.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I dont mind losing, i dont mind ppl making mistakes or being bad. What i do mind is people ruining my fun and forcing me in to annoying/painfull situations.

Locuz why dun you play team arena more often instead of solo arena?

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Were you “pro” the first day you entered sPvP? I can hardly imagine it. You were probably as bad as them now. Do you have the right to badmouth and tell them to go back to PvE? No you don’t because you probably have a whole year and a half of experience advantage over them.

Whilst I’m sure this is in part true for a decent amount of people (you have to keep in mind a good amount of people had/have previous experience in other PvP based games). I had never played PvP prior to GW2 and I started it because the combat felt fun. The difference is I listened to my peers in the games and paid attention, unfortunately with the bigger influx of players comes the attitude problem, the vast majority I’ve seen lately just do not want to listen to you and will even talk some smack when you’re trying to help them, it’s also not a case of how you tell them, you could put a cherry on top and people still just get their back up because they are “being told what to do”.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Locuz why dun you play team arena more often instead of solo arena?

Getting 5 like minded ppl together and keeping everyone happy with the schedule, despite possible losses etc is quite a hassle to be honest.

Been there and lead some of the best wow RBG groups in europe for years. Ive been through all the hassle of getting people together, keeping them happy after a loss, replacing people that cant come for some reason etc.

So im quite happy with the care free nature of soloq.Im happy its here. Which doesnt mean im unwilling to play teamq. But with the right (minded) people.

And to be honest, im not happy enough with my own gameplay yet. I think im not consistent enough to push for the absolute top.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

the worth toxic is new meta

(edited by Romek.4201)

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Jesus Christ

Jesus man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t29K8HN79Jg

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

..pve heroes…

Theres a difference between “messing” around and having fun,you might wanna look that up because im not gonna explain you the difference. Pve heroes ? Like i said,im not the guy getting bashed at, pvp/wvw is all i do.I simply despise people bashing the Newer players,and the types like yourself.Reading isn’t your strongest point is it buddy ?

in PvP

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

Op i feel your pain cause this happens me 4 times every 5 solo queue.

Anyway i suggest you to not waste your time posting here for some reason:

1st. i’ve done a similar post 2 days ago and it has been deleted. Me and my gf are following this forum everyday and everyday there are like 2 or 3 new thread about this issue and everyone has been deleted. This thread will be deleted too. And you’ll have your mood ruined more. Gw2 has goin to be released in china and anet seems to not like complains nearly release.

2nd. Posting thread like this will take over you people of the worst kind who basically will tell you that it’s your fault, they will tell you that you arent positive and that people like you want to blablabla. It’s something like you’ve been kitten d and when you report the fact you’ll find people who tells you that’s your fault.
This will ruin you mood more than point 1.

3rd. Since 15th path when anet introduced reward system in pvp basically we had a lot of new people doing pvp. A big part of these people isnt interested on pvping at all. They are doing pvp just cause they want pve skins but they arent good enough to do an arah run cause they get kicked. Before 15th april they werent doing pvp cause they were complaining about elitist kicking them from pve. Now they can have their arah skin without being kicked so they do pvp and they’re happy. They will never learn to pvp cause they arent interested in pvp and they get angry if you try to suggest how to play cause basically they just want pve skins. They are many more than people interested in real pvp so anet will not change this.

I hope you can read this before the thread will be deleted

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

While I do not support the act of someone afking in a ranked match. I can understand some people’s frustration with soloque as it should be competitive. Meaning 10 like minded individuals who may not have their team on or may not be interested in forming a team get together and do a competitive match.

Last night I had dealt with a single ranger on three separate occasions. The first time was on legacy of the foefire with them on the opposing team. This ranger literally spent all match trying to kill our lord. Their DPS was so low that we didn’t even bother going to lord until the announcer had been screaming it for 2 min or so. By that time we had wiped the rest of their teammates 2 or 3 times just because we had the numbers for it.

The ranger didn’t kill our lord ever and he likely cost his team the game. Next match I had the same ranger on khylo…. He was on our team and kept fiddling with our treb…. I guess the other team was dumber than a box of rocks but they never went to touch our treb….

Last situation I have with this guy is Foefire again and he is on my team…. I say to myself “I’ll stick with him for a bit and see what he does.” Mainly because he was bragging that he was “new 2 dots” and “going to make space for the luna” So I stick with my new ranger friend and we push far together… We start on the ele they sent to their home point and get him to half. Suddenly the ranger leaves and starts beating on the door… We haven’t capped the point or downed the ele. Five secs after the ranger leaves I get zerged by the 2 other players on the opposing team because our numbers at GY were low…. Meanwhile this ranger is just pounding away at the door.

I say okay ranger please don’t go lord we need you on points. “He says no lord kill will give us 150 and I am pulling them from points to lord.” Except noone from the enemy went lord. They just ignored the ranger and it was a 4v5 as such….

Basically the toxicity of vets comes when we get players like this in our soloques. We try to give a good strat at the beginning, we beg for people to not rambo points like pushing far when we already have two points, or pushing in to fight a bunker solo.

When I have a good match I thank my team (even the close ones that I lose), when I have a bad match I look for weaknesses sometimes it is me and I made a mistake in a team fight. However most losses come from situations like what was just described. One nimrod on my team thinking he is MLG pro and trying to run in to impossible situations costing us matches….

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer