Toxic players. When to report?

in PvP

Posted by: ZackCC.3965

ZackCC.3965

I started messing around with sPvP again after a long time. I remember seeing some toxic players here and there and seems like they are still there. Not that often but they exist. People get called “idiots”, “pve noobs” or “you are a joke” if you can’t kill someone. I usually ignore them or half jokingly start a conversation with them. I’m not going to flame back at them though.

But when it’s okay to report? I reported one guy from Verbal Abuse but when does it count as such? Are “idiot” and “pve noob” enough? I just don’t want to abuse the report system so that’s why I’m asking.

in PvP

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

I rarely report, but when I do, I probably test it as such: Assume I am playing with a friend, does said troll language/behavior make me feel embarrassed about the GW2 community?

If yes, then I submit it.

in PvP

Posted by: Spky.7693

Spky.7693

I started messing around with sPvP again after a long time. I remember seeing some toxic players here and there and seems like they are still there. Not that often but they exist. People get called “idiots”, “pve noobs” or “you are a joke” if you can’t kill someone. I usually ignore them or half jokingly start a conversation with them. I’m not going to flame back at them though.

But when it’s okay to report? I reported one guy from Verbal Abuse but when does it count as such? Are “idiot” and “pve noob” enough? I just don’t want to abuse the report system so that’s why I’m asking.

lol.

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

I just don’t want to abuse the report system

You must be new here :p Nobody gets banned for trashtalking. You can’t “abuse” the system because nobody cares about these reports. As long as something doesn’t damage the economy or isn’t terribly racist, nothing will be done. If it makes you feel better you can still report them but don’t expect anything.

in PvP

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

I always insult them back 2 times harder because I am not wise at all, even when it’s not addressed to me, even if I am perfectly aware “they started it first” is childish.
I also report/block. I am sure they report me back, and I never got banned for my overreactions, so I am also sure the report system is just useless.
Anyone who can’t take his part of a defeat and prefer to insult his team is just the first guilty of the failure he want to reject : he played against his own team and out of it the whole time and finally prove it at the end.

(edited by NineLives.8725)

in PvP

Posted by: Tux der Pinguin.3049

Tux der Pinguin.3049

Maybe you got only banned 8 times yet?

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Maybe one more time will do the trick.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Noone had ever been banned for flaming

Get over it

If you think gw2 community is toxic you should try to feed on lol or dota2 you probably gonna start crying after first match

Attachments:

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: ZackCC.3965

ZackCC.3965

I don’t think the community is toxic. Just some players are. And reporting is so easy that it got me wondering what I should and should not report. And that’s what you SHOULD do, right? Block, report, move on. That’s what I’m doing.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I always insult them back 2 times harder because I am not wise at all, even when it’s not addressed to me, even if I am perfectly aware “they started it first” is childish.
I also report/block. I am sure they report me back, and I never got banned for my overreactions, so I am also sure the report system is just useless.
Anyone who can’t take his part of a defeat and prefer to insult his team is just the first guilty of the failure he want to reject : he played against his own team and out of it the whole time and finally prove it at the end.

A certain neceromancer streamer on EU is prove that the report system doesn’t work.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Talking kitten is part of competing. Dale Earnhardt ( famous NASCAR competitor ) once publicly advised his fellow drivers to tie gasoline soaked rags around their ankles while racing, “So the ants don’t crawl up and eat that candy kitten.”

It does get out of hand, but I don’t see that cracking down on it would do any good and it might damage the community. Nobody likes an excessively restrictive game.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Pretty much the only people who flame in game are bads. Don’t let it get to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

If someone starts talking smack about Race/sexual orientation/religious beliefs/ etc, you can report. If someone is RUDE i doubt there’s anything you can do. I know the feeling, when someone rude starts without repercussions, it’s annoying, and you wanna smack them down, but you can’t. Just block and move on.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

A certain neceromancer streamer on EU is prove that the report system doesn’t work.

Only one? Prince Vingador, Leeto…

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Only one? Prince Vingador, Leeto…

Leeto doesn’t report ppl as much as vingador tho

Ark 2nd Account