Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Transferred conditions still cause rallies

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

This definitely needs to be addressed.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

are you sure the guardian didnt self-rally off skill 4 because you took too long to finish the thief?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Its not hard to reproduce it Eremite, surely a necro main like you have tried signet (eg plague) build?

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

i dont play pvp on my necro…

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in PvP

Posted by: Derek.9021

Derek.9021

I honestly can’t belive a bug this big has been around so long. It’s embarrassing~

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

The immobilize bug is still around guys. When ArenaNet says they’ll take care of the big list of bugs that is when we can let them know. So for now, just leave it to be a big problem.

But that’s okay? EEEESPUUUURTS!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Sorry guys, devs are busy with HoT expansion.
Will think about it afterwards.

Anyway,
Don’t forget to purchase HoT expansion.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

This bug is so old I’ve lost hope it’ll get fixed so I just prepare for the rally and focus him down. Tables turned, it is nice getting rallied by it from time to time.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Experienced a lot of this over the weekend.

Definitely whilst playing Necro.

I don’t think it happens playing Revenant (copied conditions rather than transfer) although I can’t be sure.

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Let’s say I’m fighting a guardian and a thief. The guardian applies burning on me. I transfer the burning to the thief. I then down both the thief and guardian. If I finish the thief, the guardian will get rallied. Why? Because the burning I transferred will count as the guardian’s, so the guardian will be tagged for the thief kill. That’s right: The guardian will rally because I killed his teammate.

This is a huge bug. I reported it months ago. I told Grouch about it months ago, too, and he told me he’d look into it. It needs to be fixed!

Personally, I think it makes sense, and is pretty funny lol

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

I’m just curious why the guardian is still tagged as the source even though the burn you transfer scales off your own condition damage. Or am I just assuming…?

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

I’m just curious why the guardian is still tagged as the source even though the burn you transfer scales off your own condition damage. Or am I just assuming…?

It doesn’t scale off your condi dmg, it scales off the creator of that condi’s condi dmg

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

Posted by: Derek.9021

Derek.9021

This bug has rallied almost entire teams and ruined fights. I hate it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Don’t forget that if you play a corruption build, you draw conditions from your teammates to yourself in addition to conditions applied directly to you. Like Derek says, if you transfer those conditions to an enemy and that enemy dies while anyone else on the other team is downed, all of them will rally.

It’s amazing this bug has been around as long as it has.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

omfg how many years has this been around. i think the current necro meta will promote this more than terrormancer.

ever wonder how the heck you got rezzed when everyone in your team is downed?

thank their necro

this is pretty common yet most people attribute the rezzing to their teammates even though it wasn’t coz theyre ignorant about this bug.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Maybe you’re a nice guy but my necro throws a fit and is anything but friendly when it rallies opponents. Happened last match and the one before

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I dont even..
15/chars

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

hope it happens in a live stream tournament, as the massive crowd of 12 watches it happen and anet finally feel like fixing it :P

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I recently swapped to generosity sigils and this explains so much…..

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Maybe they should make it use the Necro Condi Dmg instead, which in turn causing the damage coming from Necro instead of the original source in which that cause ally killing ally to rally.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Maybe they should make it use the Necro Condi Dmg instead, which in turn causing the damage coming from Necro instead of the original source in which that cause ally killing ally to rally.

No, they should just fix the bug since sigil of generosity has the same problem and most people using it aren’t running condi builds.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in PvP

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

This bug is quite a doozy and it’s been around for a while. If ArenaNet really wants GW2 to be as Esports as badly as it seems, you can’t have bugs like this hanging around for the better part of three years

in PvP

Siva Mira.3546

That’s one solution. But it would have to work for all transferred conditions, not just necromancer’s.

That was just an example, my point was that all transfer skills should use your own condi damage instead of the original source.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

That’s one solution. But it would have to work for all transferred conditions, not just necromancer’s.

That was just an example, my point was that all transfer skills should use your own condi damage instead of the original source.

There is a huge difference between cleanse+copy and a transfer. The change you are proposing would fix the problem but would make transfers much weaker in general.

in PvP

Siva Mira.3546

If you are not built for Condi Dmg then you shouldn’t be able to do so much Condi Dmg in the first place. I see nothing wrong in that. If you think Burning is broken then fix Burning instead of making something else broken to compensate it. I play Necro myself and playing against many other Necro, yet I still think this condi transferring is broken. It is either me randomly kill someone or someone randomly kill me by the overload of condi. It was never fun for both side of the coin.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

If you are not built for Condi Dmg then you shouldn’t be able to do so much Condi Dmg in the first place.

Condi Transfer. That means you’re transferring around some one else’s conditions. It’s that person’s skill entirely. It makes sense so why change it?

Burning instead of making something else broken to compensate it. I play Necro myself and playing against many other Necro, yet I still think this condi transferring is broken. It is either me randomly kill someone or someone randomly kill me by the overload of condi. It was never fun for both side of the coin.

It’s the bug that needs fixing, not the Necro’s transferring skills. Compared to all the other passive abilities in the game, Sig Necro is fine in comparison. Haven’t seen a “nerf necro condi transfer” thread in like, ever, so it’s apparently a non-issue for the majority.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

That’s hardcore esport for ya

So esport you rally your enemies just to fight them again.

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

I legit lost a match from this yesterday. I’m just getting more and more unhappy.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Velimere.7685

Maybe they just lack the capable know-how to actually fix this bug… I hope that isn’t the case. At they very least, they’ve actively ignored the multitude of related topics made specifically addressing this issue, and it’s especially frustrating with Leagues now active.

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Maybe they just lack the capable know-how to actually fix this bug… I hope that isn’t the case. At they very least, they’ve actively ignored the multitude of related topics made specifically addressing this issue, and it’s especially frustrating with Leagues now active.

I’m going to make a guess and say they don’t have the technology.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Velimere.7685

I’m going to make a guess and say they don’t have the technology.

I sincerely doubt that any lack of technology itself is at play here.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

You can’t imagine how frequently I see this, playing a necro with both plague signets, trait and utility. Basically it’s impossible to prevent because it’s hard to know who is the original caster of a condition, unless you don’t equip/use at all the plague signet or plague sending, but that is extremely fun to play.

in PvP

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

This seems a problem with how the transferred conditions works, probably to keep the damage attribution.
This kind of skills/sigils should overwrite the owner of the conditions transferred to self(the caster) even if that means lost attribution for the original caster. After all the condition transferred are from the necro/sigil.

It should not be that difficult to make it so within the skill (when you cast the effect). And this bug should have been fixed already

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)