Deleted

Deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Yes it is, traps are nerfed already and 3 other classes have 5 mins traps too. deal with it. Or play OP revenant, chrono, scrapper or reaper.

Deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

It was like that since always?

The only trap that may be an exception is Shadow Trap from thief which can be triggered manually – Shadow Pursuit.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Deleted

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

Yes it is, traps are nerfed already and 3 other classes have 5 mins traps too. deal with it. Or play OP revenant, chrono, scrapper or reaper.

Aah its the DH player Ragnarox that can only reply with L2p or your trash or whatever.. so much anger in this person to protect his class.. lol

Well yeah i mentioned DH as an example (and those traps are much stronger then the old traps builds we had), i dont get why Traps dont go on cooldown when they are triggered..

This is just having 2x the utilities.. its like warriors using all stances but the stances will activate once you go into combat, so once you go into combat they activate and you can activate them right after that again because the cooldown was already gone by then.

GW2 such balance

So why does warrior can use 2 endure pains? Tell me that, one from skill and one gets when down below 20% hp without an icd. Oh yea, wait for it, its coming, really close oh here we go -> l2p

Deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Aah its the DH player Ragnarox that can only reply with L2p or your trash or whatever.. so much anger in this person to protect his class.. lol

Well yeah i mentioned DH as an example (and those traps are much stronger then the old traps builds we had), i dont get why Traps dont go on cooldown when they are triggered..

This is just having 2x the utilities.. its like warriors using all stances but the stances will activate once you go into combat, so once you go into combat they activate and you can activate them right after that again because the cooldown was already gone by then.

GW2 such balance

So why does warrior can use 2 endure pains? Tell me that, one from skill and one gets when down below 20% hp without an icd. Oh yea, wait for it, its coming, really close oh here we go -> l2p

Wow. I mean I couldn’t care less, but do you even know what you talking about? The warrior traited for it. Also, it’s % HP and it has 60 seconds ICD. You must be trolling.

Deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

GW2 such balance

One from trait one from utility skill. Sounds corerct. While you got 2 traps from a single utility skill. Besides Defy pain got CD of 60sec. What about you to learn smth before posting crap?

But yea, traps always been like that.

Deleted

in PvP

Tao.5096

GW2 such balance

Traps are static.
Warrior is mobile.

And what makes you think that those traps are stronger than old ones(other classes)?

Because they deal spike damage?

Please~

Deleted

in PvP

Posted by: InViictuZz.1705

InViictuZz.1705

these are the rules for traps… get over it.. there are a lot of tutorials for “pros” like you that explain how to counter DH and his traps

Deleted

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

these are the rules for traps… get over it.. there are a lot of tutorials for “pros” like you that explain how to counter DH and his traps

Oh i have seen them, how you can counter a DH with a DH..
Show me a vid where you can counter a DH with a used to be balanced class like Warrior..

warrior has issues right now, its a poor class to do comparisons on. I’ve been doing fine vs DH on regular engineer and scrapper, and my pal can beat it with mes/chrono. it’s an issue if you eat the traps and can’t recover, but that’s the same for any zerk build.

has it got area denial? yeah dude, and if you can’t handle that I’m sorry dude. it’s just like well necro, only go in the AOE if you can handle it.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Deleted

in PvP

Tao.5096

Because even if you dodge them they still go off.
And with go off i mean they still activate, creating a 3-4 big AOE dmg skill traps that you would NOT get into.. so you wait outside the node (getting shot by longbow during this ofc) and once you think yes they are gone you go back on node and BAM the DH just places them again before they where long time off cooldown even before you where there.

There is no conquest point which doesn’t have a structure to allow you to cover from ranged attacks.

Lot of traps and AoE skills have Pulsing ability within.

Fighting DH is like fighting TrapRanger.

Difference is damage type source, nothing else.

Deleted

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

GW2 such balance

Because its a trait and 1 from utility? how can you even compare both trait + utility to a trap that can be used 2 times that only cost 1 utility slot? that doesnt make sense, nothing to do with L2p @Ragehedoes

It just promotes bad play, place them on node.. wait and capture it.. and you have them off cooldown again while the traps on the ground are still activate (5mins)

Now this has always been in the game it seems, but the traps we had where easy to dodge and they where NOT triggered.. if you dodge a DH trap they still trigger

If you dont use endure pain or dodge when in traps thats your problem and you should die by it and it is l2p issue. You should train with your warrior more and stop mindlessly charge traps like a tyria boar.

Deleted

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

Because even if you dodge them they still go off.
And with go off i mean they still activate, creating a 3-4 big AOE dmg skill traps that you would NOT get into.. so you wait outside the node (getting shot by longbow during this ofc) and once you think yes they are gone you go back on node and BAM the DH just places them again before they where long time off cooldown even before you where there.

There is no conquest point which doesn’t have a structure to allow you to cover from ranged attacks.

Lot of traps and AoE skills have Pulsing ability within.

Fighting DH is like fighting TrapRanger.

Difference is damage type source, nothing else.

Maby take a look at the difference between DH and Ranger traps how long they are active.. DH traps are 2x longer active and half of the ranger traps can be dodged and they are instantly gone

DH traps are dmg type, ranger traps are condi based. You can’t compare apples and oranges.

Deleted

in PvP

Tao.5096

Maby take a look at the difference between DH and Ranger traps how long they are active.. DH traps are 2x longer active and half of the ranger traps can be dodged and they are instantly gone

Ranger has pulsing traps too, and those are the most important.

Secondary, Ranger’s traps have hilarious cooldowns when traited so even 1 minute of active trap makes no difference compared to DH.

Build for trapranger is also hilariously tanky.

DH is new from class perspective, but I’m telling you that it’s mechanics are older than Da Vinci’s Legend.

For DH traps to hit well enough, they have to give up on sustain – zerk/marauder amulet.

Heck, I’ll say that in 1v1, TrapRanger is harder to kill and more annoying because one trap with 12 sec cooldown will force you to use Condition Cleanse,Healing skill and dodge roll – if hard cc lands, you’ll have to stun break.

Yes, DH traps hit like a truck, but it’s exactly like many other game mechanics – noobproof mechanism.

Just like in the past, people chased Engineers in circles while eating all Bombs from Bomb kit and Turret attacks, just now people stand in traps and tryhard tanking them.

Deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

well when u take the elite trap… it’s hard to move out (u basically need port or invul)

Deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Exemplar.1479

Exemplar.1479

You can Stability right out of the Elite trap. You dont need to port or be invuln.

EDIT: It’s misinformation like this that is gonna get a useful and engaging spec nerfed simply because people absolutely refuse to learn how to counter or play with it. DH is plenty easily destroyed, lacks sustain and is reliant upon enemies standing inside their traps (or dumping the trap on them point blank).

None of the mechanics or things here are new. People…it hasn’t even been two weeks. Let’s not axe things that don’t need to be axed…we know Anet’s patch balancing track record for nuking things out of existence and never returning to bring it back to usability.

There are all kinds of strengths, but if you have strength of soul the others will follow.
Guardian Greatsword/Symbol Nerf – Please Adjust It.

(edited by Exemplar.1479)

Deleted

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Think of DH as you would a bunker. Is a bunker on a point that’s already capped in their favor? Strategy says you should avoid it unless you got backup. Similarly, if a DH is already sitting on a point in their favor, you should consider going to a different point since the DH has probably already set his traps and is patiently waiting for you.

Deleted

in PvP

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

If it’s not SUPER easy to understand then it will get nerfed. Lol

Also pre trapping has its downsides… Pets trigger them. Whenever my pre traps get triggered by pets I always feel REALLY embarrassed and I don’t know why… Like I had a dirty secret and you found out about it. XD

I don’t play DH but in DO enjoy all of the crying about all of this direct damage stuff since nothing has changed with conditions and everyone just kind of moved on. Hahaha