Traps traps traps

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

They just don’t FEEL like traps you know. Back in GW1 there was actually a substantial cast time and you can get knocked out of making them, now they just feel like cheap PBAoE’s without a unique animation.

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Swagatron.8065

Swagatron.8065

I think they would feel like traps if they couldn’t be insta cast on top of you via teleport.

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

DH traps are just broken w/o cast times.
All ranger and thief traps have cast time. I don’t understand how DH traps are instant.

Traps are designed to be strong because they need to be triggered. DH’s instant-cast trap really trivializes the trap usage.

Proposal: Please put every DH trap cast time on 1/2 sec.

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Swagatron.8065

Swagatron.8065

All ranger and thief traps have cast time. I don’t understand how DH traps are instant.

Traps are designed to be strong because they need to be triggered. DH’s instant-cast trap really trivializes the trap usage.

This. All traps should have cast times!

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

One of the traps is instant because it is also a stun break (it also gives stability, cripples, aegis, and does high damage). I don’t know why the other one is instant.

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Traps need a tell. Period.

They should also need to be triggered before they can begin to recharge, and not as soon as they’re laid. You know… like how every other skill works.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Yasha.5963

They should also need to be triggered before they can begin to recharge, and not as soon as they’re laid. You know… like how every other skill works.

But that would mean no reliable stun break for DH!!

Traps traps traps

in PvP

hackks.3687

sounds like a fair trade for stability cripple aegis and high damage to me

Hackkz/Riggamaroll

Traps traps traps

in PvP

hackks.3687

better yet, traps should require the user to trigger them. not just a player stepping on them. lets just make them useless without active play.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

So… like a trapper ranger?

It’s kind of bullkitten they removed the ranger ability to use ground targeted traps because it didn’t thematically fit traps, but it’s okay for a DH to teleport to you and bomb you with insta cast traps.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Yasha.5963

It’s kind of bullkitten they removed the ranger ability to use ground targeted traps because it didn’t thematically fit traps, but it’s okay for a DH to teleport to you and bomb you with insta cast traps.

But this is an ELITE spec, you can’t compare it to mere ranger utilities.

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Should change their stunbreak trap to work more like WoP works for necro…. or make WoP insta cast either one.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

better yet, traps should require the user to trigger them. not just a player stepping on them. lets just make them useless without active play.

This idea actually seems pretty interesting.

• Give traps a 1/2 second “cast” time.
  • Placing traps replaces that skill with another skill that is the activation.

That would actually allow you to time when you want to use them and would also create a interesting game of “am I on the traps or not?” Lure them into the traps and spring them when you’re actually ready to burst. I’d be cool with that being possible with all traps. It makes them much more skill based and it also means you can’t just counter them with one dodge.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Dragon’s maw and procession of blades already have cast times.

Test of faith and fragment of faith is instant, but the former was given an ICD on the blades and a duration decrease and the latter had its damage reduced.

(edited by Kuya.6495)

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Also, the cast time doesn’t matter. A DH can simply use dragon’s maw at 1,200 range from you and Judge’s intervention. So it wouldn’t matter what the cast time was, since the DH will wait to JI until the trap is close to setting. Which is exactly what a guardian would do if hammer 2 still worked with JI.

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I would love if all traps were given like 1/2 or 3/4 cast times and then had like 1.5 second arming time before going off. But then buff them accordingly so there’s more risk/reward to it.

Kind of wish Necro Staff would get a slight rework this way too honestly, cause the “trap” feature of marks is kinda pointless too. =/

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Yeah but that “mere” guardian utility that teleports you isn’t part of DH. =p

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

STOP confusing elite with more powerful. Elite doesn’t mean it’s supposed to be stronger. It’s elite because you only get one just like elite skills.

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Also, the cast time doesn’t matter. A DH can simply use dragon’s maw at 1,200 range from you and Judge’s intervention. So it wouldn’t matter what the cast time was, since the DH will wait to JI until the trap is close to setting. Which is exactly what a guardian would do if hammer 2 still worked with JI.

maw has a cast time tho. just dodge before the jaws close.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Intended, game is too fast-paced we needed traps to counter Mobility. as for DH, lets say team fight scenario and allies crushing their balls against opponents DH use judges and poop all insta cast traps BAM! ggwp.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Yeah but that “mere” guardian utility that teleports you isn’t part of DH. =p

Oh I’m sorry, I forgot that DH’s aren’t able to use guardian utility skills.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Zdenny.2704

Zdenny.2704

This is so true, there is nothing competitive about this insta tp bombing. You can’t call it esport. Even kids in CoD can’t quickscope anymore.

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Yasha.5963

STOP confusing elite with more powerful. Elite doesn’t mean it’s supposed to be stronger. It’s elite because you only get one just like elite skills.

How can I not confuse it when it clearly is so much stronger? Obviously ANET made these specs OP because they are meant to be more powerful than the normal specs, what other explanation is there?

Are you trying to suggest that in spvp class specs should be relatively balanced across the board? That sounds nice in theory but it goes totally in the face of what is actually happening.

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: InViictuZz.1705

InViictuZz.1705

thats how traps work in gw2, back in gw1 you could even stack them

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: InViictuZz.1705

InViictuZz.1705

sounds like a fair trade for stability cripple aegis and high damage to me

this trap actually does no high dmg after BWE3

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Zdenny.2704

Zdenny.2704

How can I not confuse it when it clearly is so much stronger? Obviously ANET made these specs OP because they are meant to be more powerful than the normal specs, what other explanation is there?

Are you trying to suggest that in spvp class specs should be relatively balanced across the board? That sounds nice in theory but it goes totally in the face of what is actually happening.

Bullkitten, Anet made Elites OP only because it will force people to buy expansion. Again hhow it can be esport if you put non hot players into disadvantage?

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Srry man only 2 DH traps dont have cast time and its stunbreaker and other is “nondodgable ultrasuper dmg”, other traps have cast time. You should read better and try it out.

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Bullkitten, Anet made Elites OP only because it will force people to buy expansion. Again hhow it can be esport if you put non hot players into disadvantage?

I ususally don’t agree with you, but so much this. They needed to sell boxes. You forget they need to make money to continue to having jobs. Once sales drop, they’ll nerf it down.

Vipassana

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I ususally don’t agree with you, but so much this. They needed to sell boxes. You forget they need to make money to continue to having jobs. Once sales drop, they’ll nerf it down.

Right before the new elites go on sale

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Traps traps traps

in PvP

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

Necro Marks work this way…

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]