True Shot needs love

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

I know True Shot (guard longbow 2) used to be overpowered, I agree, 7k+ on a short CD was to much..

But every single time I use trueshot nowadays (mind you, it has a casting time) it hits for 2k max.. sometimes even 1700-1900ish. (Crits for 2,7-3,4k)

This is ridiculous, it’s pretty much RNG how much it will hit. Especially without Fury it’s a joke.

Give it some love.. DH is in a bad spot right now in the higher tier plays and nerfing the F1 also… just meh.

-Sâmbuca

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I dont think True Shot needs a buff, its an already strong skill

M I L K B O I S

True Shot needs love

in PvP

lorddavito.2395

It’d be O.K. for me if the casting time was removed.. more like ranger longbow 3.. if the dmg stays the same.

-Sâmbuca

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

It’d be O.K. for me if the casting time was removed.. more like ranger longbow 3.. if the dmg stays the same.

Both your suggestions are terrible. The cast time and the root of True Shot are the only things that even tell you it’s coming. Besides, it has low CD, good damage, good range. No need for buffs.

Also wanted to mention. Damage is not going to make DH meta in the pro scene. In high SoloQ, it doesn’t need any buffs as it is already quite strong. It’s only in coordinated 5v5s that DH isn’t on par. And damage is by far the worst way to buff DH and make it on par in those scenarios.

True Shot needs love

in PvP

lorddavito.2395

You call 1700-1900 hits ‘in a good spot’ yeah bro.. I’d rather auto attack.

-Sâmbuca

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

i agree that it’s a DPS loss when it doesn’t crit, but its an increase when it does. with fury from medis, & perhaps even pack runes you should crit a lot. so sure it hits like an auto criting if it doesn’t crit, but that’s assuming true shot doesn’t crit & the auto does, which is too convenient of an assumption.

i feel like the average damage is balanced by the short cooldown, it hits for about what hammer 2 does, so seems fair. it’s a good skill.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

You call 1700-1900 hits ‘in a good spot’ yeah bro.. I’d rather auto attack.

Pretty sure it hits harder. Hits while the enemy has protection shouldn’t be used as examples of damage.

True Shot needs love

in PvP

lorddavito.2395

I tested it alot on the golems in HoTM. It hits for 1700-1900 non-crit (dps loss in any case) and 3-4k TOPS with might&crit. And this is a rare event.. mostly 2,2-2,8k hits from it critting.

As I said, it’s quite … meh.

-Sâmbuca

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I tested it alot on the golems in HoTM. It hits for 1700-1900 non-crit (dps loss in any case) and 3-4k TOPS with might&crit. And this is a rare event.. mostly 2,2-2,8k hits from it critting.

As I said, it’s quite … meh.

It has the same cast time as an autoattack, and it hits for more than double its dmg. Also, you should be sitting around 75%/80% crit chance 24/7, so you crit ost of the time. I tested it with golems rn also, with 0 might and no vuln stacks, Im sitting around 5k crits, 4,1k was the lowest one from 10 TS against heavy golem.

M I L K B O I S

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

DH that doesn’t want to invest in crit complains about hitting 2k on ranged attack on heavy golem? Really now? Good joke.

How about we send you without amulets/blocks/protection in melee and let you hit for 1-2k…. yeah this is what backstab is like.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

DH that doesn’t want to invest in crit complains about hitting 2k on ranged attack on heavy golem? Really now? Good joke.

I think us DH are more frustrated with the RNG on its damage. The rng is so big that I can’t hardly distinguish a damage increase on an 10% or 20% dmg modifier; the damage range of numbers are often inconsistent.

Trueshot is good for its crit… If I were to use it knowing it wouldn’t crit, I would just auto.

Btw.. all meta DH builds in high tier pvp are “optimized crit builds.”

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

I think us DH are more frustrated with the RNG on its damage. The rng is so big that I can’t hardly distinguish a damage increase on an 10% or 20% dmg modifier; the damage range of numbers are often inconsistent.

Trueshot is good for its crit… If I were to use it knowing it wouldn’t crit, I would just auto.

No way AA hits as hard as True Shot when it doesn’t crit. Besides, everyone loses lots of damage when you don’t crit, especially with abilities that have an even longer CD (looking at you rifle engi/fresh air ele).

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

No way AA hits as hard as True Shot when it doesn’t crit. Besides, everyone loses lots of damage when you don’t crit, especially with abilities that have an even longer CD (looking at you rifle engi/fresh air ele).

AA definitely hits as hard as TS when TS doesn’t crit.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

It’s not the fact that AA hits as hard, it’s the fact that you can keep moving instead of standing still waiting to die.

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

True Shot has a damage coefficient of 2.0. Puncture Shot (the auto-attack) has a damage coefficient of 0.85. They share all other damage modifiers. (The former is also a guaranteed projectile finisher that pierces; the latter a 20% with a bounce.)

An exotic longbow (exotic being the weapon strength used in PvP) has a min-max variance of 160 points, the third highest after rifle and axe, but not much higher than pistol and hammer. The game features rng and there will be some difference between a lucky and an unlucky roll. That said, this variance represents a difference of a few hundred damage on a non-crit.

Assuming a standard build and no boons, in order to average 1800 damage from a non-crit True Shot, your target must have an armor of ~2800 (at long range) or ~2600 (at close range), which few builds run. (Notably, that same target would take ~770 damage from a non-crit Puncture Shot.) You’re probably shooting someone with Protection (or other damage reduction) or when you have Weakness.

(edited by Ocosh.5843)

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Ok, we can give it some love. As long as it has a CD. 4 seconds isn’t a CD.

True Shot needs love

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I think the damage is fine, but I think it needs personally, is not to root you.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast