True or False?

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Lemme tell ya something.
From what I remember from this fight (look at pic)
Ya we lost but I was kitten those necros, and the thief would come in to help.
I’d kitten that thief and the necros come in and help.

Ya’ll underestimate the medi guardian.

If I was to make a team myself and everyone was to join, and we just wanted to beat abjured, it’d be something like me, Stunningstyles, Raplion, Pink Puma, and Nymph as guardian.

That kind of team would own abjured. And if we lost 1st round due to engies not dying… All I gotta do is switch to my power ranger and BAM those engies, backpack and chaith, dead meat. PEW PEW em all day.

Force them to fight where I want to fight, you don’t let your enemies force you to fight where they want to fight.

Ya’ll underestimate guardians too, yall need to be playing the medi guardian. Serious easy to own thieves necros and mesmers on medi guardian (That’s like half of abjured).

Oh and I believe it would make a good stream, I could see nymph getting excited owning abjured thief and necros.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Another 6 losses in a row throughout the entire day across multiple classes. Maybe 7, I lose track.

Please take a look, Justin, it’s starting to just not be fun anymore.

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Another 6 losses in a row throughout the entire day across multiple classes. Maybe 7, I lose track.

I can’t do anything about games like the last one you played. The final score was 473 (you) to 502, which is a close match, and I’d just as well call that a matchmaking success.

Other than Courtyard and that one Spirit Watch, most your matches are close.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

(edited by Justin ODell.9517)

True or False?

in PvP

wwwes.1398

Last match I had was fine, if all losses went like that, I’d be thrilled. I would add that I had a personal score of 285 in that match, though, which might be the best one I’ve ever had. It was still a loss, though. And this was the match I got after losing throughout the entire day. It doesn’t feel like the pendulum is swinging back towards closer games.

Is my MMR where it should be or my matches? Am I just a player that doesn’t have other people at that level?

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Justin, maybe it would actually BE a good idea to make MMR visible for each player in their statistics.
reduces the QQ on the forums and allows them to figure out why what matchup occurs that often for them.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

True or False?

in PvP

wwwes.1398

I remember at one point it was mentioned that maybe showing the initially predicted chances of winning with the end match results would be doable. That would be nice.

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I can’t do anything about games like the last one you played. The final score was 473 (you) to 502, which is a close match, and I’d just as well call that a matchmaking success.

Other than Courtyard and that one Spirit Watch, most your matches are close.

a courtyard match can be close without the score reflecting that. the entire match can hinge upon the first engagement, and after that a team is in too much disarray with the respawn mechanics to ever recover.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Dude you need to look at my games… Tell me why I keep getting games where I lose its -2, but all my wins are +1.

Give me some kittening +2 +3 games, tired of this losing -2 games.

I have to carry newbs solo que, I deserve +2s or +3s.

Also, last game I got black screen, came back after like 40 seconds.
I deserve +2 for that, coming back to carry my team from losing.

I’m carrying kittening hard, I deserve +2s, yall want to keep throwing newbs at me fine. But when I lose because my team is clueless newbs (people that don’t even understand the PvP game, not people that just suck), than yall need to be lenient because I cant carry a full team of clueless people. Clueless people by those not evening know where the home node is. Or even what a node is period.

I be winning games, but when I do lose (rarely) it hurts me so kitten leaderboards, totally unfair.

See image, my screen went black for some reason during that match. Very odd, I think I took dishonor because of it, came back and went HAM on the other team.

Attachments:

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Dude you need to look at my games… Tell me why I keep getting games where I lose its -2, but all my wins are +1.

I’m carrying kittening hard, I deserve +2s, yall want to keep throwing newbs at me fine. But when I lose because my team is clueless newbs (people that don’t even understand the PvP game, not people that just suck), than yall need to be lenient because I cant carry a full team of clueless people. Clueless people by those not evening know where the home node is. Or even what a node is period.

I be winning games, but when I do lose (rarely) it hurts me so kitten leaderboards, totally unfair.

See image, my screen went black for some reason during that match. Very odd, I think I took dishonor because of it, came back and went HAM on the other team.

youre experiencing a phenomenon known as “elo hell”

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

shares pic of black screen as proof he deserves moar ladder points.

in the same thread he claims he and his buddies can beat abjured.

this guy is good.

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: mexeroser.9083

mexeroser.9083

You know… All those people crying around might be hard to take seriously in first place. But the worst thing is that i feel the exact same way they do… Since Friday I am loosing all my games (only played solo queue since then) and I do not know how this can be considered as “balanced matchmaking” in any way… Another part of this game totally ruined, atleast for now.

Semper Dius [Dius]
Elementalist, Guardian

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Where are all the good players at yo?

solo or 2-3 queing unranked atm…since ranked que is longer and there’s no point waiting more for getting blowouts 8/10 times (Last time we qued ranked 3q and one was a pve girl, we only had hard and fun matchup vs kervv proto ironical and another guy 4q with zan and a random guy in our team…everything else was just plain ganking), and as far as i know pretty much all good players in eu are just having fun in unranked, expec during odd times when ranked q is easily gonna be over 10 minutes for a totally worthless ladder too. So if you plan to meet good players expec during odd times you have way better chances while going unranked…ranked is more about pve tryhards farming points on ladder

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

solo or 2-3 queing unranked atm…since ranked que is longer and there’s no point waiting more for getting blowouts 8/10 times (Last time we qued ranked 3q and one was a pve girl, we only had hard and fun matchup vs keerv proto ironical and another guy 4q with zan and a random guy in our team…everything else was just plain ganking), and as far as i know pretty much all good players in eu are just having fun in unranked, expec during odd times when ranked q is easily gonna be over 10 minutes for a totally worthless ladder too. So if you plan to meet good players expec during odd times you have way better chances while going unranked…ranked is more about pve tryhards farming points on ladder

I have completely opposite experience. -.-

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: mexeroser.9083

mexeroser.9083

solo or 2-3 queing unranked atm…since ranked que is longer and there’s no point waiting more for getting blowouts 8/10 times (Last time we qued ranked 3q and one was a pve girl, we only had hard and fun matchup vs keerv proto ironical and another guy 4q with zan and a random guy in our team…everything else was just plain ganking), and as far as i know pretty much all good players in eu are just having fun in unranked, expec during odd times when ranked q is easily gonna be over 10 minutes for a totally worthless ladder too. So if you plan to meet good players expec during odd times you have way better chances while going unranked…ranked is more about pve tryhards farming points on ladder

And yet, another one complaining… Isn’t this obvious enough how broken this is?!!!! Why do they make it even worse?

Semper Dius [Dius]
Elementalist, Guardian

(edited by mexeroser.9083)

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Tiale.2430

Tiale.2430

Define good? Your rating is average, so you should be getting matched with the average player.

I love when this happens!

Subdrop
SA Guardian

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Define good? Your rating is average, so you should be getting matched with the average player.

you mean people rushing svanir at start and getting ganked horribly while 1v3 mid? Because looks like this pretty much defines “average players” atm

Ark 2nd Account

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

On Friday I lowered the inflated MMR parties receive from +5% per member to +2% per member. I believe the initial value of +5% was too high, and we were aiming to overshoot due to the bad perception of solo vs pre-made. The drop to 2% was based on data from the beta ladder.

Could that may be what you noticed this weekend?

Thank you so much for addressing this issue Justin! I’ve been writing on the forums for weeks that the solo vs premade delusion caused me to stop playing ranked in full premade due to incredibly bad match-ups, especially compared to the challenging matches I get queuing solo! Looking forward to playing with my friends again.

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Do you have evidence that you carry other players? You presented a pic that put you in the middle of the pack

How so? It appear that you are manufacturing a great many reasons to demand that you deserve something, but I see nothing deserving of your demands, personally.

You present pics in which you were middle of the pack. Do you have any actual evidence to support your claim?

Your win/lose percentage appears to discredit that claim.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

^ ugh coglin let’s not pretend the scoreboard represents player skill in any way.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

^ ugh coglin let’s not pretend the scoreboard represents player skill in any way.

What does the scoreboard have to do with it? When someone claims they “rarely” lose, yet have lost within 5% of 50% of their matches, it is a bit evident that they are being dishonest.

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

What does the scoreboard have to do with it? When someone claims they “rarely” lose, yet have lost within 5% of 50% of their matches, it is a bit evident that they are being dishonest.

Especially when you look up said player’s post history and notice that most of their posts are just baseless ramblings.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

True or False?

in PvP

timmyf.1490

Especially when you look up said player’s post history and notice that most of their posts are just baseless ramblings.

coglin said “you present pics in which you are middle of the pack” which I took to mean he was commenting on uber’s placement in the scoreboard. 3rd/5th.

Apologies if this was wrong.

My point is the same as you guys are saying: uber clearly isn’t carrying teams. If anything, he’s dragging them down. His match score is irrelevant. His MMR and win% are relevant.

True or False?

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

coglin said “you present pics in which you are middle of the pack” which I took to mean he was commenting on uber’s placement in the scoreboard. 3rd/5th.

Apologies if this was wrong.

My point is the same as you guys are saying: uber clearly isn’t carrying teams. If anything, he’s dragging them down. His match score is irrelevant. His MMR and win% are relevant.

I was referring to uber btw.

True or False?

in PvP

timmyf.1490

Oh yeah, I know. :-) I’m a PvP scrub all the same, but I’m here mostly to learn.

True or False?

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Oh yeah, I know. :-) I’m a PvP scrub all the same, but I’m here mostly to learn.

If only everyone was and not just here to tell us all that they can beat Abjured if they want to.

If I was to make a team myself and everyone was to join, and we just wanted to beat abjured, it’d be something like me, Stunningstyles, Raplion, Pink Puma, and Nymph as guardian.

That kind of team would own abjured. And if we lost 1st round due to engies not dying… All I gotta do is switch to my power ranger and BAM those engies, backpack and chaith, dead meat. PEW PEW em all day.

Force them to fight where I want to fight, you don’t let your enemies force you to fight where they want to fight.

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

If someone hacks and makes an MMR app he should insta win the 15.000$ for the overwolf challenge

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Force them to fight where I want to fight

you mean off-point?

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

If someone hacks and makes an MMR app he should insta win the 15.000$ for the overwolf challenge

+1

[SoF]

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Do you have evidence that you carry other players? You presented a pic that put you in the middle of the pack

How so? It appear that you are manufacturing a great many reasons to demand that you deserve something, but I see nothing deserving of your demands, personally.

You present pics in which you were middle of the pack. Do you have any actual evidence to support your claim?

Your win/lose percentage appears to discredit that claim.

Pic.
Nuff said

I be winning all day today.
Everybody scared to rank que when I’m online.
Cuz fact is, you will get owned. And I will enjoy it.

Premades?
What premades, when I ranked que, they too scared to que up too.

They probably making up lost time owning all you other people at odd hours to make themselves look good on leaderboards.

Just don’t play at odd hours, and you’ll be safe.

If you look at that pic, notice only 3 of the 25 people have better w/l than me.
Also, I solo que’d all those games too, so you have to think whether or not those 3 people solo que or not. Nuff said.

Nothing but power ranger and medi guard countering for the wins.
Yall need to learn.
Yall need to be in my games so I woop you and make you learn.

That’s a pic during off-season.

Your last season play was ~43%

Pre 16th during MMR correlation w/ LB your W/L was about 50% in solo and teams.

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/uberkingkong8041

#gw2s-s-s-s-stalkerrrrr

Ya know kitten, I was going for all the titles. Now I have all the titles, I’m mastering 2 of the meta classes. Power ranger and Medi Guard. And lemme tell ya I’m owning people now. Nobody gives a kitten how I did back then, its all about the present and people too scared to rank que when I’m rank queing.

Oh ya, and you see my other toons, I was also doing the daily on ranked. I don’t do that crap anymore, its like you lose 5 games before you win a game and get your daily. Such waste of time. Especially when other professions are terrible compared to playing a power ranger and medi guard and easily winning. Lemme tell ya, engy was the hardest to get a win with too, I play get in your face type builds, not no turrets and rely on them type builds. My main was engy, SUMO engy. got nerfed, so don’t gimme that ‘ooh your a champ genius but you suck at engy’ crap. Its like when I played necro, it was during the fear meta, got nerfed, so of course I don’t play necro that good anymore. The last profession to play was guard, hence why I like guard, and first few was ele thief, and guess what, thieves don’t own eles in tick tick tick anymore (as in, ooh thieves killed me in 2 seconds, nerf them badly), and eles lots have changed. So course I’m not that good at them anymore because they game changes too dang much. Some changes were not needed like the ar nerf by 50% (HUUUUGE nerf), totally uncalled for.

Back to my record sometime ago, and my record now… Its like saying , Supcutie, acandis, shan, zombify, and whoever was the 5th (davinci?), are the best players (first team to win whatever tournament that was that started the #esports. But that was way back then and its not the present (notice how none of those abjured folks are in it, and you hear all this talk about “oooh we been around and been the best forever”, kitten pls). I heard, everyone was aware the name ostrich eggs, zoose, hman and caed before any of those abjured folks.. Oh sure I hear tiny talk about 5g and backpack, but had no clue who they were. Cruuk still around and I known cruuk before those guys too. If I wanted to see a thief I’d look at caed, if I wanted to see an engy, I’d look at ostrich, if I wanted to see an ele I’d look at zoose. Notice how they aint abjured, yet everyone looks up to those guys in there professions.

Attachments:

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

That’s a pic during off-season.

Your last season play was ~43%

Pre 16th during MMR correlation w/ LB your W/L was about 50% in solo and teams.

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/uberkingkong8041

#gw2s-s-s-s-stalkerrrrr

[SoF]

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Dude you need to look at my gam-
-snip-
I deserve +2 for…
-snipity-doo-da

I’m carrying kittening hard, I….
-sniptastic-

I be winning games… -snip- when I do -snip- it hurts me so…
-snip- unfair… -snip- -snip- -snip-

Somethingsomething… long text about ego… something..

-sniiiip-

Justin ODell
“Define good? Your rating is average, so you should be getting matched with the average player.”

Cutters now dull.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

True or False?

in PvP

wwwes.1398

Just a note that since having 2 days (at least) of terrible loss records, the last couple days, I’ve actually had really good matches and several wins. So I guess just a fluke or maybe it takes awhile for MMR adjustments to kick in.

True or False?

in PvP

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

With posts like this , you get yourself into a position where you will have to make MMR finally public !!!

I mean seriously , why you still hide them?

If someone is flamed because of his rating or the LB-points he has acquired, where is the difference ?