Trump plays a Guardian.

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

DH is fine. Nothing need to change. You just know how to dodge their traps then defeat them easily. !!!? WHO Pull me in!? WHO!? !!!? Ho no! ho no… don’t push me out ..there are triple Test of Faith! pls Mercy PLS!!! no…NO …NO!!! …………. (PIU PIU PIU)

Attachments:

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

ya know, you can trigger all the traps with one block, dodge, or w/e. Im not sure how stacking dh is op. I mean, ofc if 5 dh jump on you you’re going to die to traps, but if 5 necrs jump on you you’re going to die to condis, so…

M I L K B O I S

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

ya know, you can trigger all the traps with one block, dodge, or w/e. Im not sure how stacking dh is op. I mean, ofc if 5 dh jump on you you’re going to die to traps, but if 5 necrs jump on you you’re going to die to condis, so…

Stacking 5 guards might not be that bad if the game mode didn’t involve trying to capture a point, that is coincidentally the exact same size as DH traps. Stacking lets say 5 thieves, what advantage do you gain?? Well you get mobility… that’s about it. Stacking 5 DH will almost ensure that no one will get a point easily, and coupled with their damage output, and defensive capabilities makes them extremely overpowered when stacked(assuming they aren’t total scrubs).

My point still holds, stacking 5 necros is op cause they can put a lot of pressure in a point with marks and DS

M I L K B O I S

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

DH evades, so OP

Edit: wait a minute, op is a thf? Lolololol

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Stacking DHs is OP because they can rotate off the point with their crazy sustain. You’ll never get the point because you’ll never be able to keep all the DHs off of it. And of course when they’re at range, they just spam AA and True Faith. Longbow’s AA hits way too hard. Actually a lot of HoT weapon AA’kitten way too hard. AA’s shouldn’t be hitting hard… They should be filler attacks. It’s why Necro scepter is so poorly designed. If you do manage to get off the third attack, it ends up applying THREE conditions. It’s not a hot weapon but scepter was buffed because of the way HoT PvP is.

DHs easily have the longest lasting on point sustain in the game. The only time they can’t be on the point is during their elite invulnerability.

(edited by Zintrothen.1056)

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Stacking 5 guards might not be that bad if the game mode didn’t involve trying to capture a point, that is coincidentally the exact same size as DH traps. Stacking lets say 5 thieves, what advantage do you gain?? Well you get mobility… that’s about it. Stacking 5 DH will almost ensure that no one will get a point easily, and coupled with their damage output, and defensive capabilities makes them extremely overpowered when stacked(assuming they aren’t total scrubs).

My point still holds, stacking 5 necros is op cause they can put a lot of pressure in a point with marks and DS

I know someone who created a 5 man Necro team and steamrolled their way up through Diamond. So yeah stacking 5 Necro is very strong too.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

But that pressure is nullified by the tremendous amounts of condi clear that’s available to many professions, essentially canceling out any fatal pressure that a group of 5 necros would lay out. Necro’s are strong, but the general consensus this season, is that Necros are near the bottom, only slightly better than ele and thief in a group composition. So stacking 5 inferior classes would not have as dramatic of an effect as stacking 5 trap laying guardians with direct physical damage.

DH pressure is nullified by the tremendous amount of dodges, blocks and immus flying around, so mood point. Btw, what do you mean by general consensus? forum opinion or what?

M I L K B O I S

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

But that pressure is nullified by the tremendous amounts of condi clear that’s available to many professions, essentially canceling out any fatal pressure that a group of 5 necros would lay out. Necro’s are strong, but the general consensus this season, is that Necros are near the bottom, only slightly better than ele and thief in a group composition. So stacking 5 inferior classes would not have as dramatic of an effect as stacking 5 trap laying guardians with direct physical damage.

DH pressure is nullified by the tremendous amount of dodges, blocks and immus flying around, so mood point. Btw, what do you mean by general consensus? forum opinion or what?

He means the general consensus of solo queue bads that post on this forum.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

What class does Hillary play? I don’t know any class built around class warfare, confiscatory tax rates, and race and gender baiting so I’m confused.

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

What class does Hillary play? I don’t know any class built around class warfare, confiscatory tax rates, and race and gender baiting so I’m confused.

Hillary roams WvW as a Trailblazer PU condi Mes.

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

It’s funny you complain about their blocks, when the only buffs to them were added dps.

NSPride <3

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I like dh…

they expect from me that I don’t know that they are DH…
they expect that I don’t see them lying traps…
they expect (scrappers too) that I will command bristleback f2 right after swap and burn down their blocks for nothing…
they expect that I will stand still running with s/d
they expect I don’t see true shot animation
they expect that I will be nice and don’t dodge things
they expect I will aloud them to be pulled and not use rampage or ancestral grace…

I like Dh way they are as druid

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

People should stop posting the bad design picture. Bad design is Mesmer and revnant… guardians just need some numbers tweaked.

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Mutaatti.2789

Mutaatti.2789

People should stop posting the bad design picture. Bad design is Mesmer and revnant… guardians just need some numbers tweaked.

How on earth is mesmer bad design? Except for Moa, what else is bad about mesmer? I don’t follow this “please nerf mesmer” talks.

Mesmer and reve needs more skill to play than DH or druid on higher levels. Revenant, when played correctly is little OP compared to other dps classes. And everyone keeps saying their weakness is condi. That is right. Except you have to first hit to apply those condis. Reve has so much blocks that you have to keep your distance to him all the time and attack when he’s out of his blocks/evades/heals… Necro is a good counter with unblockable marks, but thing is reve is going to burst you down before you lay those marks.

Mesmer needs timing. It has no unblockable skills, couple blocks and 1 invul… That’s it. Shatters cant pass blocks on DH or reve. You kill clones, and mesmer can do 1/4 portion of its damage without them. Oh and mesmers don’t have stability (on meta builds) so they are weak against CCs too.

Anything I missed to say?

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Hillary played turret engie.

Trump ftw

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

. It has no unblockable skills 1 invul… That’s it.

???

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

He means the general consensus of solo queue bads that post on this forum.

Ikr, just wanted him to say so

M I L K B O I S

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Guardians:
-can block, heal, and use invulnerability (consequently they can survive a 1vs1 forever)
-can deal insane amounts of damage in a short amount of time with traps
-can provide boons for teammates
-has an insane amount of mobility for a melee class
-can choose to lay traps and shoot enemies from ridiculously long range

I’ve come to the conclusion that class balance in this game simply doesn’t exist. I’ve been playing mmo’s ever since I was 5, and I have never seen a game come out with such overpowered classes.

The problem in PvP nowadays is there’s way too much friggin sustain. Killing people isn’t fun anymore because it takes forever to end someone. Whereas, in any other game, you meet someone and either kill them or get wrecked by them within a span of seconds. Yet I repeatedly find myself having 10+ minute fights with guardians, warriors, revenants, and elementalists… guardians obviously being the worst of the pick. Another problem is that people white knight PvP to death, saying it’s fine when it’s the worst PvP I’ve played of any game, ever.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Guardians:
-can block, heal, and use invulnerability (consequently they can survive a 1vs1 forever)

I’ve come to the conclusion that class balance in this game simply doesn’t exist. I’ve been playing mmo’s ever since I was 5, and I have never seen a game come out with such overpowered classes.

Revenants:
-can evade while dealing massive damages as well as heal (consequently they’re the best melee classes in the game with only condi and teef as a counter)
-can deal insane amounts of damage in a short amount of time
-can provide boons to teamates, better than DH
-has an insane amount of mobility for a melee class, more than DH
-can choose to remain mobile while concurrently evading and bursting
-is a direct counter to DH

I’ve come to the conclusion that class balance in this game is based on proper class compositions between each team. I’ve been playing mmo’s for 21years and I have seen several games with poorer class balances. Never have I seen a game with such a skillcap difference between SoloQ casual players and higher-tier Tournament games.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

lol

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

FWIW I think class stacking in general needs to be addressed. There are nine professions in the game, can’t be that hard to spread them across two teams.

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Guardians:

The problem in PvP nowadays is there’s way too much friggin sustain. Killing people isn’t fun anymore because it takes forever to end someone. Whereas, in any other game, you meet someone and either kill them or get wrecked by them within a span of seconds. Yet I repeatedly find myself having 10+ minute fights with guardians, warriors, revenants, and elementalists… guardians obviously being the worst of the pick. Another problem is that people white knight PvP to death, saying it’s fine when it’s the worst PvP I’ve played of any game, ever.

Obviously you are both bad and disgusted by this games pvp, so just dont play it instead of posting whatever in forums

M I L K B O I S

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Guardians:

Revenants:
-can evade while dealing massive damages as well as heal (consequently they’re the best melee classes in the game with only condi and teef as a counter)

I’ve come to the conclusion that class balance in this game is based on proper class compositions between each team. I’ve been playing mmo’s for 21years and I have seen several games with poorer class balances. Never have I seen a game with such a skillcap difference between SoloQ casual players and higher-tier Tournament games.

Isn’t so good in a team fights, as his damage is largely reduced against multiple opponents and is very susceptible to condi clear. Has very static rotations and therefore is easily interrupted and killed. Unlike dragonhunters instant dazes, which save him more than revenants damage→heal healing skill.

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Guardians:

Revenants:

Isn’t so good in a team fights, as his damage is largely reduced against multiple opponents and is very susceptible to condi clear. Has very static rotations and therefore is easily interrupted and killed. Unlike dragonhunters instant dazes, which save him more than revenants damage-&gt;heal healing skill.

Revs are known to be +1 fighters, basically Thieves 2.0. They can single out players on point quite well, even countering DH in a skirmish mid fight. Only way we can counter him is if we burst first, forcing him to use his survival skills early rather than later but the rest of your team will be focusing Necro or Ranger. We also pray that ToF hits and the F1 pulls. If not then we’re left with very little dps options.

Revs rotations are far from static. Cele d/d Ele was a heck of a lot more static a year ago but we all know how strong of a class that was.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Trump doesn’t even Guardian.
He is Druid main confirmed.

Attachments:

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

Guardians:

Revenants:

Isn’t so good in a team fights, as his damage is largely reduced against multiple opponents and is very susceptible to condi clear. Has very static rotations and therefore is easily interrupted and killed. Unlike dragonhunters instant dazes, which save him more than revenants damage->heal healing skill.

Revs are known to be +1 fighters, basically Thieves 2.0. They can single out players on point quite well, even countering DH in a skirmish mid fight. Only way we can counter him is if we burst first, forcing him to use his survival skills early rather than later but the rest of your team will be focusing Necro or Ranger. We also pray that ToF hits and the F1 pulls. If not then we’re left with very little dps options.

Revs rotations are far from static. Cele d/d Ele was a heck of a lot more static a year ago but we all know how strong of a class that was.

Trust me, I easily know when a Surge of mists is coming, I know when they will use #3 on sword, then they will kite, it’s pretty easy. Just play rev for some time and you’ll kill them without effort (at least I can while playing thief).

Besides, this post is about dragonhunter. Not rev. Rev is pretty balanced imo (and that’s coming from someone who mains thief). Dragonhunters on the other hand…

(edited by Tomiyou.3790)

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Besides, this post is about dragonhunter. Not rev. Rev is pretty balanced imo (and that’s coming from someone who mains thief). Dragonhunters on the other hand…

I mean, thieves counter revs and are countered by dhs, so… gw2 forums are amazing man

M I L K B O I S

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

On the one hand, you have people claiming the game is unbalanced because every class and every spec isn’t able to kill everything else with the right skill level but on the other hand other people (sometimes the same people) complain thay gw2 pvp should be similar to pvp in games like overwatch that are rock vs scissors vs paper based (meaning specific classes counter specific classes).

Does the pvp community in this forum even know what it really wants?

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

I mean, thieves counter revs and are countered by dhs, so… gw2 forums are amazing man

Rev counters thief? Really? I mean, they have lots of ways to deal with a thief (revel, aoe damage, cc, nice sustain). The only thing you have to be careful about is steal.

But yea, dragonhunter is aids for a thief compared to a revenant (traps …)

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

On the one hand, you have people claiming the game is unbalanced because every class and every spec isn’t able to kill everything else with the right skill level but on the other hand other people (sometimes the same people) complain thay gw2 pvp should be similar to pvp in games like overwatch that are rock vs scissors vs paper based (meaning specific classes counter specific classes).

Does the pvp community in this forum even know what it really wants?

That’s just the point. PvP forums are made up of people who all have different opinions. It’s just that we can all agree, that the amount of cc dh puts out is maybe a little too strong.

Trump plays a Guardian.

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Rev counters thief? Really? I mean, they have lots of ways to deal with a thief (revel, aoe damage, cc, nice sustain). The only thing you have to be careful about is steal.

But yea, dragonhunter is aids for a thief compared to a revenant (traps …)

thief counters invo rev

M I L K B O I S