Turn glory boosters into glory consumables.

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Nice idea, but i doubt they’ll go for it.

in PvP

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

Glory Boosters could be transformed into consumables that give some rank points, some glory or some luck.

I don’t think removing them with zero compensations is fair at all. They are a reward for effort and dedication, and the excuse given isn’t any good.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

Q: Why aren’t people with glory boosters being compensated with different boosters or something along those lines?
A: We will not be converting glory boosters because we announced that we would be phasing out glory in John’s blog post and it wouldn’t be fair to the players that used up all of their boosters since then in preparation for it.

I don’t understand this because if glory boosters rewarded a fraction of the glory that one could get compared to playing for an hour than how is it not fair? Besides why would pvpers even want pve boosters?

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Just because ANet announced that glory would go away doesn’t mean they can fairly just screw people over who have these boosters. ANet is still rewarding these boosters today in achievement chests and reward chests. Because they keep rewarding them and consequently taking away valuable spots from other boosters we could get (or other items in general), they absolutely must do more than simply get rid of them.

I fully support the idea of these boosters becoming a consumable worth a lesser amount of Glory, such as 250 glory.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Posted by: Kim.4152

Kim.4152

Just because ANet announced that glory would go away doesn’t mean they can fairly just screw people over who have these boosters. ANet is still rewarding these boosters today in achievement chests and reward chests. Because they keep rewarding them and consequently taking away valuable spots from other boosters we could get (or other items in general), they absolutely must do more than simply get rid of them.

I fully support the idea of these boosters becoming a consumable worth a lesser amount of Glory, such as 250 glory.

I don’t understand why Anet seems to have so much difficulty understanding the unfairness of removing something without any compensation, especially when many people received those glory boosters from black lion chests they purchased. Ripping off loyal customers is not a smart business plan for any company.

in PvP

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

They took our fractal levels so why would they give a kitten about even lesser minority because let’s be honest, pvp in this game is a desert (Look, only 2 pages in this thread). Also they are assuming that no one is taking a break form the game or everyone is reading their update notes, I doubt that at least half of the players are doing this.
The question is what will be next? karma? magic find? better convert everything to gold because after a break there could be waiting for you very unpleasant suprise and your karma will disappear.

PS. Who the kitten is John?

(edited by Psychol.5783)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Agreed. Let’s hope ANET implements this.

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

will not happen.

in PvP

Posted by: MrYay.7063

MrYay.7063

I fully support this idea.
/signed

Peace

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Unlike magic find stuff which mostly required people to invest their gold in order to get it I completely fail to understand why should ANet compensate players for something that was given away for free as a bonus o.O

in PvP

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Unlike magic find stuff which mostly required people to invest their gold in order to get it I completely fail to understand why should ANet compensate players for something that was given away for free as a bonus o.O

What do you mean "invest gold’?

This is not your gold. You were given this gold as a free bonus! People this days…

in PvP

Posted by: Husarz.1029

Husarz.1029

I fully support this idea.
/signed

And just to answer “u got this for free”. Some of them, yes, however most of them come from blc I was opening with keys I bought with gems I got for EURO. So yes, I have reason to say I invested in boosters. And now I want something back.
Yes, A-net announced that glory would go away however it’s not so simple to use stacks of boosters, is it? I actually have job, family and other RL stuff to do; I can’t play 24/7 just to use ALL my boosters.
Amen