Turret Engineer (AFK)

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Murff.1532

Murff.1532

Hello :D

So, how much would have to be payed to have turrets removed from the game?
You think that’s a joke question, but really, just an estimate :)

Minions that cluster kitten everything? Fine. Phantasms that hit harder than the mesmer? Alright. Turrets that enable an engineer to /sleep while holding the point? HAHAHAHAHA, no thanks.

I like getting queues with two engineers on the other team thinking, “They’re probably celestial rifle or like bomb/nade..” then walk onto a point and have 100* turrets attack me while the player is keyboard turning. But don’t worry, i should be able to win against turrets that have a longer attack range than my nades…

“Why don’ you just focus the turrets?”
Have you ever heard of a healing signet? Q_Q

Just another QQ post on the forums about why we’re never going esports.

Theory crafting Mesmer builds since 2008.
Got it mesmerized?

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

A celestial ammy wearing, rifle wielding, turret spamming, keyboard turning baddie engineer????!!!!!

Haha

That was probably me. Sorry. I am an old now and I have Lyme disease and my reflexes are shot so I need to play the cheesiest builds possible to stay even somewhat competitive.

That being said…

I do a lot more than just put down turrets and stand there or spam dodges. If there were no active aspect for turrets I would see your point but I think I am doing way more ai management with turrets than I do as a mm necro or any mesmer other than shatter.

But like I said.. I am bad.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Turrets should be effected by chill, burning and poison (like acid).
The great problem with turrets is that cannot be affected by conditions, do not forgetting that they (turrets) can be healed.
I’d think also that the elite Supply Crate need have his cd increased to 240 seconds.

(edited by JETWING.2759)

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

warrior complain about engie, lol

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

Turrets cannot be healed in the conventional way. The only heals are the self repair trait which is 5% every 3 seconds which in my opinion is only useful after a fight is over and the turrets can heal back up. Or the toolkit wrench.

I don’t take the self repair because I want my elite supplies trait.

If your a 4 turret engy you obviously don’t have toolkit.

Yes I know ppl hate that turrets can’t be crit, but consider they cannot dish out crits either.

I know ppl hate that turrets are immune to Condi. But consider that they cannot be buffed with boons either.

Are turreteers cheeseballin? Maybe.. But no more than Mm necros, or phantasm/pu mesmers.

maybe even less so…

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

t his has been discussed heaps, turret engis are pug stompers and nothing more and the only reason people are complaining is because they can’t be solo Que hero’s anymore.

the only thing I will say is stupid is turret engineers with the bird, but that’s more of a bird thing then a turret thing.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Turrets should be effected by chill, burning and poison (like acid).
The great problem with turrets is that cannot be affected by conditions, do not forgetting that they (turrets) can be healed.
I’d think also that the elite Supply Crate need have his cd increased to 240 seconds.

Turrets also cannot receive buffs/boons and are stationary.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Turrets should disappear when the engie gets out of a limited range. On the Spirit watch map setting up turrets around the orb and leaving them unattended is just wrong. Trying to take the orb is suicide for certain classes and builds if you are by yourself.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Turrets should disappear when the engie gets out of a limited range. On the Spirit watch map setting up turrets around the orb and leaving them unattended is just wrong. Trying to take the orb is suicide for certain classes and builds if you are by yourself.

This would make me much happier – because they can’t be crit, they last for quite a few hits, and if they’re spread out well will take an appreciable amount of time to take down – and the engineer will get notified when the first one falls, if they weren’t already aware.

Turrets should become nonfunctional when their creator is >2000 units away, or thereabouts. They can start working again when the Engi gets back, sure, but not while they’re off applying pressure at another point.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Seisyll.5914

Seisyll.5914

Huh, then ranger should be banned from PvP because of forced pet mechanic? I admit turrets are op, but the biggest problem I see now is “Fortified Turrets”. Of course the dps should be lowered on turrets, as they hit harder than engineer. Conditions aren’t really a problem, if you are able to burst them onto engi, then he will die.

Taking ranger as example, the problem is that as for ranger only viable builds are those using bows as attack weapon which use projectiles. How am I supposed to deal any dmg, when any engineer having 4 turrets is able to keep the shield 16seconds when deploying every turret one by one, and if he needs to another 4 from ulti, and shortly after another 8 from Rifle and Healing Turrets (if he destroyed them shortly after depleting their shields)? Should I run? Well that’s funny cause the PVP mode we are forced to play now don’t let us, cause we need to capture that point either we like it or not.

80 Ranger | 80 Thief | 80 Ele | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior | 80 Engineer | 80 Necromancer
Piken Square

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

You guys exaggerate way to much. Turret builds are not as bad as you paint them to be. There are a number of ways to kill or weaken a turret engineer such long ranging it. you only need an effective range of 1200 to deal with them comfortably and if they are using the shields to lock down your ranged attacks simply bait out the turrets then attack properly during the breaks in rotation. Or you could catch the engineer off point as it travels and take it out or weaken it before it arrives at destination. Or you could simply get a friend and tag team him as turret engineers don’t do well against multiple foes since most of there attacks are single target. And lastly you could simply treat it like a bunker guardian and leave it alone until you focus down his friends or redistribute the fights to outnumber his team on other points since he’s a slow kitten fatty.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

You guys exaggerate way to much. Turret builds are not as bad as you paint them to be. There are a number of ways to kill or weaken a turret engineer such long ranging it. you only need an effective range of 1200 to deal with them comfortably and if they are using the shields to lock down your ranged attacks simply bait out the turrets then attack properly during the breaks in rotation. Or you could catch the engineer off point as it travels and take it out or weaken it before it arrives at destination. Or you could simply get a friend and tag team him as turret engineers don’t do well against multiple foes since most of there attacks are single target. And lastly you could simply treat it like a bunker guardian and leave it alone until you focus down his friends or redistribute the fights to outnumber his team on other points since he’s a slow kitten fatty.

that’s all very cute but if he is siting on a node and you are fighting him outisde the node on a conquest ONLY game, even if you manage to kill him (15 min. later) you have lost anyway. Not to mention that there are professions that do not have 1 single ability with that kind of range.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Turrets shouldn’t exist in PvP. Neither should minions, spirits, or spirit weapons. Illusions and phantasms are fine for shatters and whatnot, as long as the builds aren’t based around them.

Developers should work to ensure AI-based builds are never viable in competitive modes.

This has been said for like months before Turret engi was even a thing…
Dev’s response; No Thanks, More birds for EVERYBODY !

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Singer.8740

that’s all very cute but if he is siting on a node and you are fighting him outisde the node on a conquest ONLY game, even if you manage to kill him (15 min. later) you have lost anyway. Not to mention that there are professions that do not have 1 single ability with that kind of range.

like I pointed out you are not “required” to fight on the engie’s point you could go help your team on other points effectively creating a 5v4 situation while that engie bunks his point on his own. If he does decide to pack up shop he is incredibly vulnerable between points. As I also said you could simply gank him with a team mate he stands no chance against this. I would also lie to point out thieves and other vey high dps classes like ele can two shot a turret(even if its traited) with auto attacks. I think your post is “cuter” than mine

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

(edited by Singer.8740)

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Singer.8740

On another note I noticed quite a few posters talking about how the engie reflects all there attacks. One guy even said “Taking ranger as example, the problem is that as for ranger only viable builds are those using bows as attack weapon which use projectiles.”
and so for all you guys out there using two melee weapons or two ranged weapons. this, is for you.

http://youtu.be/oAKG-kbKeIo

The viable ranger builds I have seen all used a melee weapon paired with there bow of choice. If your using double bow I think you may need to rethink your build.

(edited by Singer.8740)

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

t his has been discussed heaps, turret engis are pug stompers and nothing more and the only reason people are complaining is because they can’t be solo Que hero’s anymore.

the only thing I will say is stupid is turret engineers with the bird, but that’s more of a bird thing then a turret thing.

A turret spammer ^^

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

A turret spammer ^^

na man im a bird augmenter, its alot stronger then turrets.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

well, apprently dev team thinks that bunkers sitting afk and letting AI do all the work is healthy pvp~

might as well rename game into pokemon wars 2

any AI besides mesmer and ranger pets should do reduced dmg to players, problem solved

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

You know what can be done about turrets? You could run one of the many that counters it including but not limited to:

• Staff Ele
  • Skullcracker
  • MM
  • Power Necro
  • Trap Ranger

You get the point.

People complain when the meta gets stale and then when something new comes around everyone wants it nerfed.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

You know what can be done about turrets? You could run one of the many that counters it including but not limited to:

* Staff Ele
* Skullcracker
* MM
* Power Necro
* Trap Ranger

You get the point.

People complain when the meta gets stale and then when something new comes around everyone wants it nerfed.

For an Engineer who plonks all their turrets on the point, sure - but they’re usually either new to the build and trying to hold a point alone, or they’re joining the big teamfights and using their turrets’ CC to knock back anyone without perma-stability.

AoE dps doesn’t mean anything when the Engineer can spread out their AI and keep it spread out - at least an MM Necro’s pets can be pulled (and critted*). Each turret takes a significant number of hits to take down (with reduced damage on top of the no-crits) and so the Engineer has time to prepare and time to get some allies back to help defend. Without a lot of stability and reflects, there’s no reasonable way for someone to effectively take out a smart Engi’s turrets.

* Some people who defend turrets say "they can’t be crit, no, but [b]they can’t get crits on enemies either[/i]..."
What’s the crit chance for other AI attacks, besides the profession-defining Mesmer and Ranger ones?
If you compare the increase in dps a Necro’s Minion gets from its crits (particularly with all that Fury and Might that their master shares), is it really that much compared to the crit-less Engi turrets that can be more effectively placed than most minions (greatly increasing their survivability), and can’t be crit themselves?

Sure, the turrets don’t proc on-crit sigil effects for their master - oh wait, minions don’t either. Minions can, however, have on-crit effects procced on *them*, like Fire and Air - which turrets are immune to.

Yeah I have some *special* feelings about turrets.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

• Staff Ele
  • Skullcracker
  • MM
  • Power Necro
  • Trap Ranger

You get the point.

For an Engineer who plonks all their turrets on the point, sure – but they’re usually either new to the build and trying to hold a point alone, or they’re joining the big teamfights and using their turrets’ CC to knock back anyone without perma-stability.

AoE dps doesn’t mean anything when the Engineer can spread out their AI and keep it spread out – at least an MM Necro’s pets can be pulled (and critted*). Each turret takes a significant number of hits to take down (with reduced damage on top of the no-crits) and so the Engineer has time to prepare and time to get some allies back to help defend. Without a lot of stability and reflects, there’s no reasonable way for someone to effectively take out a smart Engi’s turrets.

• Some people who defend turrets say “they can’t be crit, no, but [b]they can’t get crits on enemies either[/i]…”
    What’s the crit chance for other AI attacks, besides the profession-defining Mesmer and Ranger ones?
    If you compare the increase in dps a Necro’s Minion gets from its crits (particularly with all that Fury and Might that their master shares), is it really that much compared to the crit-less Engi turrets that can be more effectively placed than most minions (greatly increasing their survivability), and can’t be crit themselves?

Sure, the turrets don’t proc on-crit sigil effects for their master – oh wait, minions don’t either. Minions can, however, have on-crit effects procced on them, like Fire and Air – which turrets are immune to.

Yeah I have some special feelings about turrets.

You can also just tell your team “if there’s turrets, focus them down.” Also, Skullcracker if able to take the engi out really quickly. I’d rather we NOT nerf something that was garbage since launch just as soon as it becomes useable.

Also, Meteor Shower covers the whole point and then some. If nothing else you bought time to focus on them while the other team is trying to focus on not dying.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I’m sorry but if you are getting killed bu turrets while this engi is afk, then you should probably just stick to PvE. But most likely you are exagerrating about the engi going afk and the turrets hitting harder than him, mostly due to the fact that you have no real evidence that turrets are op in any way. If these turret engis are so op yet I can kill every one of them on my power necro (who has the crapiest defense against cc in the game), then what is your excuse?

People often seem to mix up “annoying” with “op.” Turret engis, mm necros, spirit rangers, and pu mesmers may be annoying, but they are far from op.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Murff.1532

“I’m sorry but if you are getting killed bu turrets while this engi is afk, then you should probably just stick to PvE.”

I’m sorry i couldn’t find you on the leaderboards top 1000? Like, you’ve never even kitten been there. So maybe you should go try playing the game instead of pretending you know something on the forums.

Also, you beat an engineer ON A NECROMANCER? NO WAY, PLEASE TELL ME MORE…

Turrets are WAY too overpowered in a 1v1 scenerio for the amount of work the actual player has to put forth.

My 1v1 was in Graveyard at Legacy. So i pulled him to me, did my combo, his turrets stunned me. Cool. I ran in and went ham, his turrets knocked me back. Cool. I naded him while LoS’ing turrets, he strafed. Cool.\

Don’t be a kitten. (btw i am typing kitten)

Got it mesmerized?

(edited by Murff.1532)

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Murff.1532

“You know what can be done about turrets? You could run one of the many that counters it including but not limited to:

Staff Ele
Skullcracker
MM
Power Necro
Trap Ranger

You get the point.

People complain when the meta gets stale and then when something new comes around everyone wants it nerfed."

Like i said at the beginning of this thread, this is a QQ post. I understand there are ways to beat Turret engineers. That’s not the problem. The problem is the turrets. That they ARE ABLE to defeat players with panic faceroll from the engineer. Why does AI have to be so strong?

Got it mesmerized?

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Murff.1532

“well, apprently dev team thinks that bunkers sitting afk and letting AI do all the work is healthy pvp~”

#esports

Got it mesmerized?

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Murff.1532

“You guys exaggerate way to much. Turret builds are not as bad as you paint them to be. There are a number of ways to kill or weaken a turret engineer such long ranging it. you only need an effective range of 1200 to deal with them comfortably and if they are using the shields to lock down your ranged attacks simply bait out the turrets then attack properly during the breaks in rotation.”

First off, if you can hit the engineer, the turrets can hit you. (Maybe longbow ranger, but you’re kidding right?) Second, if you have some secret bait that lures turret engineers off a point (they own the entire time you’re “baiting” them, please share it with me). Third, the joke is you think turret engineers leave their point.

Got it mesmerized?

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

I remember watching ostricheggs stream where he was playing a zerk dps ele. He and a necro went to fight a turret engi at a point. The turret engi took a whole dragon’s tooth pheonix combo and still manage to 1v2 only pressing 11111 and maybe the occasional turret active.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

So what your if warrior cant defeat one type of build from 1 type of class in game.
There are plenty builds i cannot defeat in game, mostly those with heavy condi pressure.
Game isnt made for one meta to beat all buids.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Singer.8740

“You guys exaggerate way to much. Turret builds are not as bad as you paint them to be. There are a number of ways to kill or weaken a turret engineer such long ranging it. you only need an effective range of 1200 to deal with them comfortably and if they are using the shields to lock down your ranged attacks simply bait out the turrets then attack properly during the breaks in rotation.”

First off, if you can hit the engineer, the turrets can hit you. (Maybe longbow ranger, but you’re kidding right?) Second, if you have some secret bait that lures turret engineers off a point (they own the entire time you’re “baiting” them, please share it with me). Third, the joke is you think turret engineers leave their point.

im gonna break down what you said below;

1.)“First off, if you can hit the engineer, the turrets can hit you. (Maybe longbow ranger, but you’re kidding right?)”

no they cant. The longest range turret’s are rocket and rifle turrets and they have a range of 1000ft and to top it off if the take the rifled barrel trait for extra range they got no shields so happy days. (Dat longbow ranger ((or staf ele or anything with long range aoe or lots of cc or a mesmer with greatsword)) can sit back and control the fight all day long and rangers have this thing calld a cat wich does really nice damage and rips turrets apart.)

2.)"Second, if you have some secret bait that lures turret engineers off a point (they own the entire time you’re “baiting” them, please share it with me)."

What i say is “if they are using the shields to lock down your ranged attacks simply bait out the turrets then attack properly during the breaks in rotation.” At no point did i say try and bait the engineer off the point and on top of this later in my posts that you conveniently //snipped// i gave plenty of examples of ways to deal with the engie. Perhaps you should read them.

3.) “Third, the joke is you think turret engineers leave their point.”

The joke is your entire post.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Singer.8740

I remember watching ostricheggs stream where he was playing a zerk dps ele. He and a necro went to fight a turret engi at a point. The turret engi took a whole dragon’s tooth pheonix combo and still manage to 1v2 only pressing 11111 and maybe the occasional turret active.

your post is rubbish and to make sure i went and watched all his vids on his ele and this fight in fact never took place. There was a fight however were he two shot a bunker guardian with his dragon tooth (If he did this to a guardian, an engineer stands no chance against the combo even if the stream existed which it doesnt btw.)ele and also in the same vid got one shot from 100% by a lich form necro. Please do not make up rubbish you only make a fool of yourself.

http://www.twitch.tv/ostricheggs/c/4591078

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Lifestealer.4910

your post is rubbish and to make sure i went and watched all his vids on his ele and this fight in fact never took place. There was a fight however were he two shot a bunker guardian with his dragon tooth (If he did this to a guardian, an engineer stands no chance against the combo even if the stream existed which it doesnt btw.)ele and also in the same vid got one shot from 100% by a lich form necro. Please do not make up rubbish you only make a fool of yourself.

just because you are dumb and can’t find it, doesn’t mean i was lying you twit.

http://www.twitch.tv/ostricheggs/b/546014284

at around 45 minutes

maybe its you that should stop making a fool of yourself.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

at around 45 minutes

Eggs fought turret engie and had ready FGS, but don’t activate this skill vs him (1 shot all turret). And when he die he call him “f_c_k_g idiot”. Now i have questions who is “f.. idiot”

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Lifestealer.4910

at around 45 minutes

Eggs fought turret engie and had ready FGS, but don’t activate this skill vs him (1 shot all turret). And when he die he call him “f_c_k_g idiot”. Now i have questions who is “f.. idiot”

a turret engi that can 1v2 an necro and ele even when the ele doesn’t use fgs still doesn’t change the fact that brain dead AI builds still get rewarded too much for doing too little.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Singer.8740

at around 45 minutes

a turret engi that can 1v2 an necro and ele even when the ele doesn’t use fgs still doesn’t change the fact that brain dead AI builds still get rewarded too much for doing too little.

So Ostrich got put on fire when he had 25% left and after clearing it blows up the turrets at point blank range with a dragon tooth (Downing the engie btw) instead of standing back downing his buddy in the process after which he rages, switches to his kit engie and instantly gibs the turret engineer.
so basicaly the link you desided to use shows a non engie downing a turret engie but making a bad play hence getting downed himself, raging, and then instantly ganking the offending engie on his engie.

:/
need i say more.

P.S. you should probably cool it on the insults or you might be infracted and get this discussion locked. Try and at least give an intelligent discussion with actual valid evidence before raging at the world next time.

P.S.S. if you skip ahead to 52 mins in you see ostrich basically do almost everything i said in my other posts.
1. catches the engie off point.
2.ranges and/ or avoids the turrets.
3. baits the engie and kills him easily. (takes about 10 seconds.)

(edited by Singer.8740)

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Lifestealer.4910

at around 45 minutes

So Ostrich got put on fire when he had 25% left and after clearing it blows up the turrets at point blank range with a dragon tooth (Downing the engie btw) instead of standing back downing his buddy in the process after which he rages, switches to his kit engie and instantly gibs the turret engineer.
so basicaly the link you desided to use shows a non engie downing a turret engie but making a bad play hence getting downed himself, raging, and then instantly ganking the offending engie on his engie.

need i say more.

P.S. you should probably cool it on the insults or you might be infracted and get this discussion locked. Try and at least give an intelligent discussion with actual valid evidence before raging at the world next time.

P.S.S. if you skip ahead to 52 mins in you see ostrich basically do almost everything i said in my other posts.

says the kitten insulting and accusing people of lying. Either way it doesn’t matter if he made a mistake of not using fgs or slightly not positioning himself right. Because in the end it still doesn’t change the fact that turret engi 1v2 while the player was probably sitting back and watching TV while it all happened. Too much reward for doing too little.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Singer.8740

at around 45 minutes

need i say more.

says the kitten insulting and accusing people of lying. Either way it doesn’t matter if he made a mistake of not using fgs or slightly not positioning himself right. Because in the end it still doesn’t change the fact that turret engi 1v2 while the player was probably sitting back and watching TV while it all happened. Too much reward for doing too little.

So basically your just gonna ignore facts and whine about something you cant actually prove. I think were done here.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Lifestealer.4910

at around 45 minutes

need i say more.

So basically your just gonna ignore facts and whine about something you cant actually prove. I think were done here.

Last i check this isn’t a thread about a class or build being OP. I really don’t care if this build is top tier strong or a build that is counterable. I care that this build is even viable a is a shameful thing to the pvp in this game. No build like this should even exist where a person can sleep on a zone and have a turret still be annoying to deal with. You can act all superior if you like but have fun with a dead pvp because when players come into the game and see kittens like this, they be outta here in no time.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: shadowraiden.8394

shadowraiden.8394

at around 45 minutes

need i say more.

Last i check this isn’t a thread about a class or build being OP. I really don’t care if this build is top tier strong or a build that is counterable. I care that this build is even viable a is a shameful thing to the pvp in this game. No build like this should even exist where a person can sleep on a zone and have a turret still be annoying to deal with. You can act all superior if you like but have fun with a dead pvp because when players come into the game and see kittens like this, they be outta here in no time.

compared to other things that’s the least likely thing to affect players in PvP.
i think you are putting way too much on a single build or type of build when lets face it their not even top meta builds really.
their builds for the less skilled to get some quick wins but outside of that their easy to counter builds.

every competitive game has these kind of builds wether its SC2 or Dota2/LoL they have the simple builds that may get alot of low level wins but aren’t high level play and so they wont ever be changed balanced wise as PvP should always be of the highest skill level for balancing.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Murff.1532

“im gonna break down what you said below;

no they cant. The longest range turret’s are rocket and rifle turrets and they have a range of 1000ft and to top it off if the take the rifled barrel trait for extra range they got no shields so happy days. (Dat longbow ranger ((or staf ele or anything with long range aoe or lots of cc or a mesmer with greatsword)) can sit back and control the fight all day long and rangers have this thing calld a cat wich does really nice damage and rips turrets apart.)

What i say is “if they are using the shields to lock down your ranged attacks simply bait out the turrets then attack properly during the breaks in rotation.” At no point did i say try and bait the engineer off the point and on top of this later in my posts that you conveniently //snipped// i gave plenty of examples of ways to deal with the engie. Perhaps you should read them.

The joke is your entire post."

They don’t need the four second shield if they’re beating the kittens out of you from 1500 range with armor plating and regeneration. And basically to beat one you have to (YES THIS IS AN ON POINT FIGHT BECAUSE ANET LIKES CONQUEST) let them hold the cap while you try to kill AI first? Wow, umm, Q_Q. If you think, the pet of a ranger, will kill a turret, before six turrets kill that cat, you’re joking. (or you have to over commit to the point with a team to kill AI, once again QQ)
Also if you attack during the four second interval the turrets don’t, you have the engineer facerolling and or tanking your 4ish attacks before you get rekt’d by turrets again. A thief attacks a turret, a thief gets hit by five more, a thief dies.

I read your posts. I didn’t watch the videos or read anything about OE though~ Your affective strategy is giving up the point and hoping to win 4v5s. So assuming Legacy map, bunker guardians in mid so it’s always contested, and you’re 5 man mid while a thief keeps decaping your home, making it a 4v4 mid. All whilist you have no point gains.

This is a QQ post. Please feel free to leave if it’s too funny for you.

Got it mesmerized?

(edited by Murff.1532)

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

“I’m sorry but if you are getting killed bu turrets while this engi is afk, then you should probably just stick to PvE.”

I’m sorry i couldn’t find you on the leaderboards top 1000? Like, you’ve never even kitten been there. So maybe you should go try playing the game instead of pretending you know something on the forums.

Also, you beat an engineer ON A NECROMANCER? NO WAY, PLEASE TELL ME MORE…

Turrets are WAY too overpowered in a 1v1 scenerio for the amount of work the actual player has to put forth.

My 1v1 was in Graveyard at Legacy. So i pulled him to me, did my combo, his turrets stunned me. Cool. I ran in and went ham, his turrets knocked me back. Cool. I naded him while LoS’ing turrets, he strafed. Cool.\

Don’t be a kitten. (btw i am typing kitten)

Leaderboards are legit bro! Lmfao. All this “AI builds so op!!!!” exagerrations are getting old. Turrets are not op, and if you think so then I guess you are less skilled than a low ranked player like myself. Lol. L2p guys. And btw, wasn’t playing condi necro, all about power, but let me guess necro is op too. Lol. Such qq in here.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

hopefully they will do something

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I must be the only one who likes having turret engis on the opposite team….

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerlessEU.6841

shimmerlessEU.6841

Turrets shouldn’t exist in PvP. Neither should minions, spirits, or spirit weapons. Illusions and phantasms are fine for shatters and whatnot, as long as the builds aren’t based around them.

Developers should work to ensure AI-based builds are never viable in competitive modes.

This is short and succinct but also completely spot on. AI-heavy builds are conceptually impossible to balance: either they’re too weak to bother with or they’re so strong they’re completely overbearing and aggravating to play against. There can never be a happy, balanced medium because the skill deficit provided by the AI summons means a skilled player will always push it over the top with his personal surplus. Every game I’ve played that had any kind of AI-heavy spec struggled with this over and over when the answer was plainly obvious that it just doesn’t work in most forms of PvP.

I’m personally of the opinion that turrets (and similar specs) are weak and that the spec brings little value to sPvP. But that could very easily change and I implore the devs to make sure it doesn’t happen.

Turret Engineer (AFK)

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

turret engi is ruinining solo Q

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.