Turret engi, healthy for the game?

in PvP

Posted by: trado.2571

trado.2571

Ok first of all i don’t wanna make this post a rant, rather i’d like to express concern about this spec. Everyone seem to be too busy complaining about Ranger buff to notice that turret engi basically screw the game much more than a pew pew ranger does.

The problem is that, while a power ranger can be easily taken down when focused and much of his burst can be negated by simply dodging, you can’t say the same about a turret engi. They have lots of survivability (via boons and direct healing), lots of CC and soft-CC, their turret are quite hard to kill (especially against a smart engi who spreads his turrets if you try to get rid of those you’ll melt pretty quickly) and deal a huge amount of damage, especially if you’re berserker. What’s even worse is that turrets are semi-permanent and with the self repairing trait it means that one an engi has spread his turrets into a point that is really hard to take back. A medium-good turret engi requires 2 or even 3 people to kill it.

But ok, you can play around it, rotate between points and screw the engi for placing all his turrets in one place. The problem is when there are 2,3 or even 4 turret engies (this happens a lot to me in SoloQ)… that’s a death sentence. Every match i played against a team with 2 or more brain-equipped engies it was a terrible loss.

So what’s your opinion? What strategy do you use to fight against them? Are there any hard counters widely available (like using reflects for ranger)? Do you think they’re OP or fine as they are? Discuss

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Interestingly, I’d say sniper rangers ARE the hard counter against turret engineers. I’ve not tried it myself, but looking at it on paper it seems to make sense.

Turret engineer places his turrets down and readies for an attack.

Ranger comes up and starts sniping the engineer from 1,500 range.

The engineer can reflect it, but unless the ranger is really bad the single reflect won’t down the ranger. The engineer needs to engage the ranger somehow or the ranger’s high sustained damage and burst will eventually win out over the engineer’s healing and blocks.

So the engineer either has to charge the sniper ranger, thus leaving the protection of his turrets which will get him killed, or he can stand there trying desperately to dodge, block, reflect, and heal through the endless barrage of arrows until help arrives. Given the ranger’s damage I don’t see the engineer surviving for very long without being able to apply pressure to the ranger in return.

Just some theorycrafting on my part, but I could see it as being a viable hard counter to everyone’s least favorite engineer build.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Conditions and ranged burst kill them and I have tested that so they are fine, I tend to pick on them out of point to reduce chaos. 4 or 1 doesn’t matter your team’s spec does any build can be countered.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: DoYourBestBear.6810

DoYourBestBear.6810

ROFL BUBBBLES WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A TALK WITH YOU

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

you don’t even need bubbles just los the ranger behind your thumper turret