Turret engi (no rage/rant)

in PvP

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

One turret engi is perfectly fine since you can just go to the other two points but two or more is sorta what people make 1 turret engi to be, overpowered and quite frankly something that shouldn’t be allowed.
It’s carrying teams really hard with 0 effort put in.
Even this can be dealt with but 90% of people in soloq don’t know how to do it so it almost always ends up as a loss.

To fix this I’d like to propose two things. Tone down the build by itself but I don’t think that’s the right path because if there is one turret engi thats really easy to deal with and making it even weaker wouldn’t be good.

Second suggestion is to do something to check if the engineer that you’re putting in queue is a turret one so you do not put more than 1 in a team such as searching for turrets in utilities and non-zerker amulet(so you don’t remove a static discharge engi) or some turret engi specific traits?.

Also I think rocket turret may be bugged. I dodged it today as I was running and it said evaded. The rocket just turned around and hit me. If an attack is dodged it should fail. Anyone else got this?

I know there have been many threads on turret engis but they’ve mostly been ‘omg this is OP nerf pls’ but as you can see, this isn’t one of those threads so please, following my example keep civil.

Pineapples rule

in PvP

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

I wouldn’t be sad to simply see the turret engi nerfed, even with just 1 turret engi the build forces an adjustment in strategy that isn’t justified by the level of effort and skill that is put into playing it.

Anyways, a matchmaking approach won’t help, or it would be needlessly complicated. Turret engis often queue in pairs.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

The build should be completely deleted , all the turrets and the traits that come with it. Such cancer builds should never exist nor be allowed in PvP.

I can deal with engis 1v1 but if they crate it becomes nearly impossible to win unless outplaying em hard while the engi is standing still doing nothing.

In solo Q its a free win. Players will never have enough coordination to beat a build that requires at least 2 people to kill unless you are using a specific counter build.

Basically turrets in team Q are a pain to deal with and not fun and in solo Q its an automatic win for the team that has the most turret engis.

But sadly the developers don’t seem to know anything about their own game that I wouldn’t even be surprised if they buffed turrets further because they are not viable in " high level play" according to them .

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

turret engi should be tone down a bit. My problem with engi is if my zerker stance is in cooldown the turrets keep immobilizing me and knocking me back and to counter that i need to burn 2 utilities as a warrior.

And please don’t tell me to use range weapon because i hate being force to use weapons that i don’t like.

I always manage to down to 15% hp every engi i fought but since i need to fight on point and his turrets are everywhere he will just kite me a bit and the turrets will do the snaring and immobilizing and knocking you back until you die.

turret engi is like a hambow warrior back then. don’t get me wrong i can 1vs1 any class but turret engi i always know i’ll lose.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

i think it’s funny how they think they are safe. i still kill em tho

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

It is safe to assume that ANET has failed to improve from spirit ranger days with Turret Engi to be honest. This is NOT a good way to get “casuals” into the game.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

choovanski.5462

loosing vs turret engi is the actual proof of your scrublife. like, just use a ranged weapon and kill the rocket turret first. no so hard bruh, dude has no stunbreak it’s easymode.

in PvP

BlackTruth.6813

loosing vs turret engi is the actual proof of your scrublife. like, just use a ranged weapon and kill the rocket turret first. no so hard bruh, dude has no stunbreak it’s easymode.

I’ll say Turret Engi might be better to fight than Spirit Ranger though cause at least it doesn’t spam evades on top of AI.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

in PvP

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

It gets worse when the turreteer picks up their turrets after you leave the point. Because then they can just take the turrets to wherever the 4v5 is happening and wipe you there, which frees the rest of the team to cap the other points while you respawn.

Or they can wait until you get on point to drop their turrets again, preventing you from sniping them at a distance.

Of course most turret engineers will just sit there picking their noses on one point while they take a steam bath in the mist from their healing turret, so this usually isn’t a problem.

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

You don’t need a stunbrek when you have 20 CC’s, perma protection , 3k armor and 30k HP. And no it’s not the proof of anything because turret engi counters a lot of builds just by being afk. Thief vs turret engi is a good example .

A player should never have an advantage over 80%+ of the builds in the game just by running this turret AI crap. It requires good rotation to beat a brain dead turret engi. And in 1v1 you have to completely ignore the engi if you aren’t build to fight them.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Posted by: Darkpsyde.4782

Darkpsyde.4782

Personally, I believe the turrets should just have a CD that’s longer than the normal life span of the turret (similar to ranger spirits, warrior banners, etc.) That would at least offer some down time between turrets and potentially force some thought as to when and where to deploy turrets since it creates a window of sorts. Also there needs to be a shorter leashing mechanic on when turrets despawn (e.g. if the engineer moves more than 1500 units from the turret’s position—kinda like how mesmer illusions disappear when target runs a certain distance from the mesmer) to include the ones dropped from supply crate. This would also help combat some of the issues with certain classes/weapons having more difficulty than others with destroying “objects” in a reasonable amount of time.

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

but i want to see my facebook messages while i play and still win

action combat made mmos better lol

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

In solo Q its a free win. Players will never have enough coordination to beat a build that requires at least 2 people to kill unless you are using a specific counter build.

Requires one good player. Some classes aren’t adept at doing it, but on my engie I have no real troubles with one turret engie. Condi builds and power rangers can deal with them. Thieves can even deal with them, but there’s usually better things the thief can do in the time it takes for a thief to take down a turret engie.

in PvP

Rhialto.8423

Requires one good player. Some classes aren’t adept at doing it, but on my engie I have no real troubles with one turret engie. Condi builds and power rangers can deal with them. Thieves can even deal with them, but there’s usually better things the thief can do in the time it takes for a thief to take down a turret engie.

Exactly. I played a ranked solo queue game where the opposing team had a turret engineer camping mid. I couldn’t beat him on my ele but the mesmer we had with us sure could, and they knew what they were doing. They killed that engineer like it was their ticket to the Wonka factory and soon enough the engi gave up mid and started trying to roam, at which point we were able to kill them on the road before they got to a point and dropped their turrets. We won that game (it was close but very fun) and I definitely think it was because the mesmer played to their strengths and the engi’s weaknesses.

Are turret engineers braindead easy? Hell yes. I’ll occasionally bust mine out for a quick win when the daily rolls around for engi and it takes very, VERY little skill to outperform other classes, especially when people aren’t playing smart against me. But when people know what they are doing they can bust you up in a heartbeat, as they absolutely should.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

You don’t need a stunbrek when you have 20 CC’s, perma protection , 3k armor and 30k HP. And no it’s not the proof of anything because turret engi counters a lot of builds just by being afk. Thief vs turret engi is a good example .

A player should never have an advantage over 80%+ of the builds in the game just by running this turret AI crap. It requires good rotation to beat a brain dead turret engi. And in 1v1 you have to completely ignore the engi if you aren’t build to fight them.

the sure wish they have one when i bring my hammer warrior or my cc engineer.

(20ccs lol)

in PvP

BlackTruth.6813

http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6452625

Still the amount of work that you have to do to kill a Turret Engi is flat out stupid.

I burned everything and all crits, he barely died.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

in PvP

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6452625

Still the amount of work that you have to do to kill a Turret Engi is flat out stupid.

I burned everything and all crits, he barely died.

^ This. They are not hard to kill, it’s mainly a matter of the time required and their disproportionate effectiveness at holding points when facing solo teams without comms.

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Honestly, I don’t understand why they just don’t make it to where you can only have one turret on the ground at a time.

If you set down another one, your first turret blows up immediately. It would actually add a bit of skill involved in turret builds, where one could chain their effects as needed, or would push players to merely mix turrets with kits like the old-school decap build (net turret + kits).

Turrets really are in a good place as it is. The problem is just how many you can have out at once. Limit to just the thumper turret, or just the rocket turret, and turret builds become a lot more manageable and less cheesy.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

But when people know what they are doing they can bust you up in a heartbeat, as they absolutely should.

Mesmers strongly counter most engineer builds as it is, so saying mesmers have an easy time with turrets isn’t exactly vindicating the build’s balance or anything.

Truthfully, the best way to counter a turret engi is to simply get them away from their turrets. Stealth magnet pulls are very powerful, especially when coordinated with an Intelligence sigil burst.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

I would love you duel you with my turret engi.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Not to be that guy but logically turrets are only designed for conquest they are not designed for anywhere else even in TDM you just go to the other side and wait, so you can’t “delete” them or nerfed to the ground, they were useless before and people complained that how they ended like this. I do notice 1 condi or venom share thief can end turret engi I’ve seen it corrupt necro, celestial signet ele and other rare builds deals with them easily so it’s not turrets are too strong is the lack of play of builds that counter them. I’m usually unbiased but there is lot of counter play and builds against them most just run builds from metabattle.

Sure you don’t want to adapt for 1 spec but you pick cleanses and stun breaks for a reason after realizing what can fly around the same reason you create active defenses. I’m just worried of how long it will take players to adapt I still see teammates focusing on the blocking guard or the trolling cele ele while I’m the only one on the easy to focus shoutbow war busy being a nurse. Not to be disrespectful but casuals and MMR ARGHHH!!! Guess what they focus on when there is a turret engi….

As long as he is using a duel spec or a direct counter and not a conquest build he can win easily.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in PvP

Rhialto.8423

But when people know what they are doing they can bust you up in a heartbeat, as they absolutely should.

Mesmers strongly counter most engineer builds as it is, so saying mesmers have an easy time with turrets isn’t exactly vindicating the build’s balance or anything.

Truthfully, the best way to counter a turret engi is to simply get them away from their turrets. Stealth magnet pulls are very powerful, especially when coordinated with an Intelligence sigil burst.

Oh I’m not saying it’s balanced at all. It’s incredibly cheap and it’s only a matter of time before they’re nerfed (I hope). I’m just glad I had a hard counter for it on my team at the time.

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

As long as he is using a duel spec or a direct counter and not a conquest build he can win easily.

heh, he can use a conquest build and win with 90+% certainty. the thing is, it takes 2+ minutes to secure it in general, which isnt something you can afford in a game. and in game, its easy to take advantage of a person who feels the need to fight on the point and try to decap while dueling.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I found this gem on page 6. I don’t think I’ll bump anymore, cause I don’t like travelling this far back in time. :C

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m sure you do kill them from range. And after 4 minutes or however long it takes you, you’ve essentially lost your team the game by being out of place and letting the enemy team scores points while you sat around dueling a turret engi.

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I don’t think they should balance/delete turret engis, but i believe they should make it so that turrets are like spirits were in GW1.

For those who don’t know, you could not have more than one of the same kind of spirit within a certain range, if you summoned another one it simply killed the previous one. They also took 5 seconds to summon in pvp.

I’d say with the above limitations teams would make sure they don’t have duplicate turret engis and eventually they would become a far less prominent problem.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

I’m sure you do kill them from range. And after 4 minutes or however long it takes you, you’ve essentially lost your team the game by being out of place and letting the enemy team scores points while you sat around dueling a turret engi.

i play hybrid bunkers w heavy aoe and cc. i just go full ham.