in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Attachments:

Turret engy wins the leaderboard²

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Yup, I started Turret Engi yesterday and guess what.. moved from 37x to 22×. Which is over 150 spots on the Leaderboard in 15 games.

Won 13 out of 15 games passed two days. Ez.

While I’m sure I wouldve lost more if I were playing my main classes.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I tried it out for gits and shiggles on my wife’s account and it’s nuts. I dropped turrets, run around in circles on point and win my 1v2s. Time to delete an unused toon on my account and my an engi to farm some points.

Baer

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Almost makes me want to create turret engi. ALMOST.

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

and there are 4-5 tuerret in the top 10…. arenaturret

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

lol, awesome. Time to dust off my engie too. Easy AI build and east point farming. If you cant beat them, join them.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

(edited by rchu.8945)

in PvP

Posted by: Royal.2693

Royal.2693

I thought leaderboard only shows who plays more? You guys contradict yourself so much

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

The reason you see so many at the top of the leaderboards are because its one of the only builds you can play for 8 hours straight (if not more) and not worry about making stupid mistakes.

I am sure most of us have had days where we veg out and play an unhealthy amount but for me at least half of it is doing mindless PvE or farming half afk while I do stuff around the house. Now with turret eng people can do that in PvP too!

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

It’s not about making mistakes, it’s just that it can give you a pretty big advantage regarding the opponent( and your) team setup. This is even more true if yo’ure playing on legacy of foefire..

Not that you’re going to win all your matchs 500-10, but you still have some advantage in some situations, that occur frequently in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Yes the new leaderboards are full of fail. Play more games, get higher rating… I hope they fix the leaderboards with their next attempt.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

That’s why Khylo gets so little votes :> .

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I thought leaderboard only shows who plays more? You guys contradict yourself so much

Lol

The people on these forums…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: PacoXI.7690

PacoXI.7690

Turret engis are the ticket to Top 500 like power rangers are OP. Both are not.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

it shows who plays turret engi the most…

working as intended

you can also spot those “top” ladder players (Rofl) often douqueing with double turreterdness for even moar esports…

we tried going with 3 turret engis trollteam…with 2 ppl not actively playing engi at all and who never used turrets before..not even knowing traits and stuff for dat crap

rekt everything including helseth and texbi…

then we just stopped cause we were starting to feel too dumb even for a trollteam…

but i remember ppl saying things like “I’m killing ppl on far while i’m doing nothing..” “My parrot with rocket turret won 1v1 vs thief while i was just standing on a corner” and stuff like that…

definately a high skill floor spec…no kitten..

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

ITS DEFINITELY A L2P ISSUE.

in PvP

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

If I read sentences like:
“My parrot with rocket turret won 1v1 vs thief while i was just standing on a corner”
“That’s why Khylo gets so little votes :>”
“While I’m sure I wouldve lost more if I were playing my main classes.”
“If you cant beat them, join them.”
…then I know that this guy was right:
“ITS DEFINITELY A L2P ISSUE.”

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Problem 1 that isn’t mentioned : FARMboard.
Problem 2. See ^^^

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Turret engis are the ticket to Top 500 like power rangers are OP. Both are not.

Went insta top 250 after 1 night playing Turret Engi.. It’s actually true.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

“My parrot with rocket turret won 1v1 vs thief while i was just standing on a corner”

It became clear to me you’re protecting Turret Engi everywhere you can, on every thread.

Also: Opinion =/= fact.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

/cry /sarcasm /tell him /please.

in PvP

Arantheal.7396

It became clear to me you’re protecting Turret Engi everywhere you can, on every thread.

So the fact that they have no place in competitive teams is an opinion?
okay.

And no, I’m not protecting turret engis specifically, I actually despise them as well as everybody else does.
Why do I argue against nerfing them?
Because nerfing them comes along with nerfing the engineer in general, and that’s something I do not accept for reasons stemming from nothing but L2P issues, or lack of proper team-organization in general.

Was the nerf of the juggernaut trait justified?
Yes, because it was secured stomps at any time for just switching into a kit.
Was the nerf on IP justified?
Yes, because the burning got applied too easily and frequently.
Was the nerf on kit-refinement justified?
Yes, because you could pack high survivability AND high burst in the same build, making it extremely hard to counter.

Would a nerf on turrets be justified?
No, because they work exactly like intended (absolute aerial denial) and do nothing but punish mindless and un-organized solo-rushing into them.
Additionally taking one turret is helpful for some more or less effective side-builds, so nerfing them would come along with a impact on the engineers build-variety as well.

Just because you deem yourself unable to out-rotate them (or command your not-listening pug-teams out-rotate them from what you’ve told me), and try to sell this personal issue as general fact, it is a actual fact that pre-made’s are perfectly able to do so.
Actually it’s turret engis in the opposing team who win game after game for us since we always can 1up fights.

in PvP

Arantheal.7396

Do I understand the concept of sarcasm?
Yes.
Do you understand the concept of irony?
I’m not entirely sure.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

So the fact that they have no place in competitive teams is an opinion?
okay.

And no, I’m not protecting turret engis specifically, I actually despise them as well as everybody else does.
Because nerfing them comes along with nerfing the engineer in general, and that’s something I do not accept for reasons stemming from nothing but L2P issues, or lack of proper team-organization in general.

Was the nerf of the juggernaut trait justified?
Yes, because it was secured stomps at any time for just switching into a kit.
Was the nerf on IP justified?
Yes, because the burning got applied too easily and frequently.
Was the nerf on kit-refinement justified?
Yes, because you could pack high survivability AND high burst in the same build, making it extremely hard to counter.

Would a nerf on turrets be justified?
No, because they work exactly like intended (absolute aerial denial) and do nothing but punish mindless and un-organized solo-rushing into them.
Additionally taking one turret is helpful for some more or less effective side-builds, so nerfing them would come along with a impact on the engineers build-variety as well.

Just because you deem yourself unable to out-rotate them (or command your not-listening pug-teams out-rotate them from what you’ve told me), and try to sell this personal issue as general fact, it is a actual fact that pre-made’s are perfectly able to do so.
Actually it’s turret engis in the opposing team who win game after game for us since we always can 1up fights.

Right.. I actually uploaded a screenshot where an EU ESL team actually almost lost to us because I had turret engi and (unlike most turret engineers) I actually rotated (low cd on pick-up, as we know) where the CC pressure was needed.

So… your agrument is invalid on the matter of premades.

Second, talking about ‘justified’ nerfs is also a personal opinion. I’m trying to be as objective as possible and would like to get the same back.
Note; I’m not talking out of my own experience, but as a PoV for the biggest part of the community + daily new pvp’ers.

in PvP

Arantheal.7396

So you have lost to a ESL team, with a build that is “almost” but not quite suitable for these fights and therefore want it nerfed?
Objectively spoken, there seems to be no reason for nerfing it then.

Since I’m not aware of what team that was, I’d like to get their name, and maybe a brief history to what group-compositions they’ve actually lost to.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

So you have lost to a ESL team, with a build that is “almost” but not quite suitable for these fights and therefore want it nerfed?
Objectively spoken, there seems to be no reason for nerfing it then.

Since I’m not aware of what team that was, I’d like to get their name, and maybe a brief history to what group-compositions they’ve actually lost to.

Objectively spoken, we wouldnt have ended 500-400 but 500-1xx with any other of my classes, I was able to sustain/kite and rotate quite well with my ele cleansing on me. Foefire + Turret Engi Mid + Kite/cleansing = win every teamfight.

They were: 2 engis + mesmer + thief + warr
I’m not gonna call their name but the screenshot is still available in my own thread

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yeah, definitely play turret engi. Even if they nerf that, nade spam cele engi is even better. You just can’t stop and get a snack during a match.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Considering turret engineers have nothing to do with the two other builds people run either you are a turret engineer or have no idea about engineer traits.

(edited by SobeSoul.6910)

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

It has one Sobesoul : the pushback on turrets death. It is one of the most offending trait in the spec btw, 7+ pushbacks is ridiculous. Also it makes the healing turret even more broken.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Because nerfing them comes along with nerfing the engineer in general

How nerfing turrets would affect engis not using turrets at all?

Please enlighten me

If you don’t want your ai build to get nerfs just say it straight don’t go for blatantly worthless excuses….nerfing turrets won’t affect other engi specs at all (Maybe just kb on exploding turrets…that on ht had always been broken anyway)

Just write something like “Don’t nerf turrets cause i need them to carry me” (That’s the only real reason why ppl don’t want turret engi to be nerfed into oblivion) after all still makes much more sense than what you just tried to point out.

If you want to make a point just ask some good engi like texbi to come here and defend turrets…but you already know that good engis will never defend that brainless crap…i know no top engi that wants turret engi to be around, not even one…you can keep talking as much as you want but if you really want ppl to take you seriously you should bring some facts too outside “Don’t nerf turret engi qq”

Because, at the end of the day, you’re just another random guy in the crowd…if you want to make relevant points you should bring relevant opinions to the table, the day we’ll see texbi, zan, denshee and so on coming here defending turret engi then we will take you seriously, until then you’re just wasting your time.

Peace

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Arantheal.7396

Please enlighten me

If you don’t want your ai build to get nerfs just say it straight don’t go for blatantly worthless excuses….nerfing turrets won’t affect other engi specs at all (Maybe just kb on exploding turrets…that had always been broken anyway)

Listen, I could care less if you believe me or not, but at least do your research properly and look into my post-history to find out which builds I actually prefer, promote and come up with myself.

Now to the actual question:

Because almost all engi builds use 1 turret specifically: Healing turret
The reason for this is that our other heals are mediocre or very situational. The healing turret comes with 2 waterfields, 2 condi-clears (oftne enough the only condi-clears we have), a low casting time and cd, and actual group support via the blast and the aoe direct heal + regen.
Medkit would reduce our capabilities to deal with condis to 1 per 15sec
A.E.D. only heals effectively and clears “damaging” condis when we face a deadly blow, else the heal is mediocre, so it it is almost always a waste against people who recognize the effect and sound it makes. They just stop dmg and we die. Additionally we end up still chilled/crippled/immob’d if that were the case before A.E.D. kicked in.
Elixir H has no condi-clear to begin with, so you need to trait it with 4 point into alchemy. Additionally it has a RNG factor for the boon it spends and overall a mediocre heal-amount compared to the blasts / leaps we can get out of Healing turret.

Additionally we gain the option to receive even more support from the healing turret by traiting it with explosive turrets, so we can buy valuable air to breath from chasing melee’s, or use it as opener or link in a cc-chain.

the 2nd very important reason for every engi-build is our supply-crate.
It is literally the only effective elite we have, so nerfing turrets would come along with nerfing it as well.
Condi or cele builds love the extra-burning from the flame-turret, and the net-turret is awesome for getting random immobs that even power-builds can exploit upon. The droped medkits are awesome group-support since each heals as much as a leap-finisher in a waterfield, the healing turret in it is kinda meh, since it just ticks regen. Still, all 3 turrets are possible aoe-pushbacks if the area gets littered with too much cleave, so this elite is almost always a game-changer for all engi-builds, especially because of the 2sec aoe-stun upon arrival.
Our other elite-options are simply not worth it to be picked.
Mortar is a joke, hands down, and even tho the transfroms from Elixir X are nice in itself, we have a 50% chance to proc one of them, so it is impossible to make sure that you get what you need in a specific situation. Who wants a tornado against a kiting mesmer or ranger?

Also, some builds love to take specific turrets with them additionally.
My personal favorite is S/D zerker, which picks rifle-turret for the low cd on the belt-ability mainly. still the turret itself is another blast-finisher and aoe-pushback, so I will drop it often to immediately blow it up again. Inside a water-field preferably.
Some niche condi-builds take the flame-turret with them for the same reason, but additionally to 1up their burning uptime and gain access to a smoke-field.
Net-turret is always a valid option if you run a cc-heavy build since it comes with additional immobs and a 2sec stun on the overcharge.
In WvW the rocket-turret is currently one of the best options to snipe unprotected siege on -or even behind in certain towers- the wall.
And thumper is awesome for trollinsh decap builds, especially since you get 2 blast-finisher out of it (3 with the belt-ability).

So no, turrets are a valuable part of ALL engi-builds, and some of them (not turreteer, since it’s broken in itself) capitalize even a bit more on them. At least play and understand the class before screaming for UNJUSTIFIED nerfs. It lets you look bad.

Additionally, if you limit your own process of coming up with a valid opinion by just listening to what certain people have to say on it, then you not only look bad, you invalidate your whole opinion by just being a sheep.
Play the class, come back with some insight on it, and then point out where I’m wrong. Ad-hominem or appeal to authority-fallacies just make me laugh.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Turret engineer isn’t a thing because of turret knockback so I don’t see it being what they nerf if they nerf turret engineer, the trait has already had its’ radius decreased as it is.

in PvP

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

I think if we all play Engi , more people are going to complain and Anet gonna do something

in PvP

Arantheal.7396

I want the dmg on rifle and rocket to stay the same so I can clear siege effectively in WvW. I want the knockbacks on thumper staying the same so I can double-proc blasts from it. I want the burning and smokefield to stay the same on flame-turret to be effective in condi-builds, and I want the immob and stun to stay the same on net-turret because it’s the only reason to pick it.

Do I care if they nerf the uptime? nope. the ones in supply-crate only last 60sec anyways. net-turret is most efficient if you pick it up after each stun.
Do I care if they nerf the cd? yes, cause that makes it harder to proc the blast / push from it.
Do I care if they tone down the thumpers healthpool? nope.
Do I care if they tone down the turret self-repair? yes, because it makes it harder for them to stay alive against the archers in WvW. Same for the 33% dmg-reduction.

These are just my personal preferences, but do I know how a possible nerf on turrets would look like exactly? nope.
So I rather work against a nerf all together, because none of these turrets is OP in itself, and running them together barely performs in PvP anyways.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

I want the dmg on rifle and rocket to stay the same so I can clear siege effectively in WvW. I want the knockbacks on thumper staying the same so I can double-proc blasts from it. I want the burning and smokefield to stay the same on flame-turret to be effective in condi-builds, and I want the immob and stun to stay the same on net-turret because it’s the only reason to pick it.

Do I care if they nerf the uptime? nope. the ones in supply-crate only last 60sec anyways. net-turret is most efficient if you pick it up after each stun.
Do I care if they nerf the cd? yes, cause that makes it harder to proc the blast / push from it.
Do I care if they tone down the thumpers healthpool? nope.
Do I care if they tone down the turret self-repair? yes, because it makes it harder for them to stay alive against the archers in WvW. Same for the 33% dmg-reduction.

These are just my personal preferences, but do I know how a possible nerf on turrets would look like exactly? nope.
So I rather work against a nerf all together, because none of these turrets is OP in itself, and running them together barely performs in PvP anyways.

Do anyone care about wvsw in pvp forum? Nope.

Btw ppl asking for skill/traits effect’s split between pvp and pve since years ago.

Another good gw1 thing that gw2 can’t afford…

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Arantheal.7396

Living in denial to the current environment doesn’t help your argument.
Balance changes affect all game-modes, and as long that is the case, my opinion stays as it is.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Sshhhhhh!… Mom, get the camera!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Living in denial to the current environment doesn’t help your argument.
Balance changes affect all game-modes, and as long that is the case, my opinion stays as it is.

Then I think it’s more appropriate to ask for a seperate balance patches. It doesn’t make sense to balance PvP and PvE at the same time with same patch.

I think calculating/adjusting everything based on our 3 gametypes, is actually the reason why balancing is taking so long and sometimes doesn’t make sense.

in PvP

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I wonder if he plays Turret Engineer…

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

It has one Sobesoul : the pushback on turrets death. It is one of the most offending trait in the spec btw, 7+ pushbacks is ridiculous. Also it makes the healing turret even more broken.

That trait was nerfed though. It’s doubtful it would be nerfed again.