Turret nerf

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

Ranger pets are vulnerable to criticals and conditions, illusions are vulnerable to criticals and condition.
Make turrets vulnerable to criticals and conditions plz.

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

and they will never be used again….ever…in any situation. Unless they got a MASSIVE HP boost.

Ghost Yak

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

and they will never be used again….ever…in any situation. Unless they got a MASSIVE HP boost.

And the whole world would breathe a gigantic sigh of relief.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Like Ranger Pets (and spirits), Illusions/Phantasm and Minions?

One could argue it’s potential and usability – but frankly, I still see people use them

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

and they will never be used again….ever…in any situation.

Oh
Let me drop a tear…

The night is dark and full of turnips.

Turret nerf

in PvP

Bazooka.3590

good^^

There are many better engi builds, but they need some learning and practice like other class builds.

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Haha typical. Completely kill an entire playstyle rather than see that it is changed into a proper form. :P of course thats your answer.

Ghost Yak

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

Haha typical. Completely kill an entire playstyle rather than see that it is changed into a proper form. :P of course thats your answer.

You can’t call this a play style, because there is no style involved.

Not a sane guardian uses Spirit weapons, but I don’t see anyone crying over this.
More of the rangers gave up on the spirits and necros on the minions and this made the games more enjoyable.
Why engineers should be an exception?

Less AI = Better games.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

Turret nerf

in PvP

Bazooka.3590

No. I try to turn this to a proper form.
Turret protection against criticals or conditions still could be traits.

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Cause people don’t whine about turret traits already, right?
It would just shoehorn turret users further onto full turret builds, anyway. Even more than now, assuming they wouldn’t end up in the same trait lines of the existing ones.

Either way, the comparison is moot. Classes are designed and balanced differently.
Engineers’ even lack a second main weapon, so they have to rely even further on utilities. Thus such utilities can’t even be balanced as the other classes’ ones to start with.
Unless they change the whole design of the class, they can’t make them weaker unless they wants to make them completely useless (and to be blunt, that’s exactly what some people in this forum are aiming for; i assume they’ll have to live with it).

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Cause people don’t whine about turret traits already, right?
It would just shoehorn turret users further onto full turret builds, anyway. Even more than now, assuming they wouldn’t end up in the same trait lines of the existing ones.

Either way, the comparison is moot. Classes are designed and balanced differently.
Engineers’ even lack a second main weapon, so they have to rely even further on utilities. Thus such utilities can’t even be balanced as the other classes’ ones to start with.
Unless they change the whole design of the class, they can’t make them weaker unless they wants to make them completely useless (and to be blunt, that’s exactly what some people in this forum are aiming for; i assume they’ll have to live with it).

Oh those poor engineers and those instant main ability swap with 0 cooldown (compared to elementalist, who too has no secondary weapon).

You know, the ele goes into cooldown when it switchs attunement. Engi doesn’t.

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Oh those poor engineers and those instant main ability swap with 0 cooldown (compared to elementalist, who too has no secondary weapon).

You know, the ele goes into cooldown when it switchs attunement. Engi doesn’t.

An instant main ability swap to nothing, by default.
Elementalists get 4 attunements by default, it’s their class mechanic. Engineers have 4 variable toolbelt skills instead. It is the only class that, by default, has no weapon swap.
Sure, they can use kits…but they’re optional. The class shouldn’t be balanced over using them, else they aren’t optional anymore, and should be given as a default, like attunements are.
Thus an engineer with a main weapon and 4 kits must be as potentially efficent as an engineer with a main weapon and 4 turrets. Even if the latter ends up quite more passive than the former.
Don’t like it? Blame the design of the class. Cause unless they change that to start with, they have to balance the class the way it is.

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Ranger pets are vulnerable to criticals and conditions, illusions are vulnerable to criticals and condition.

They don’t move, receive boons or heals,can’t crit, if you can crit or or apply conditions on them that will also be allowed, not a bad thing but don’t compare it to other AI when they are not similar that just makes you look dumb.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I am kind of with the OP on this one.

In my opinion, there is no justification for a players investment in precision or condition damage to be completely ignored and invalidated by any object in the game, particularly minion and pet types.

If they feel adjustments in hit points are needed to justify making a change, then so be it. As long as they are not immune to damage stat investments.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Wooyadeen.6491

Wooyadeen.6491

Make pets immovable objects (just to reflect)??

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Condi condi condi. But way to beat engineer

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

What playstyle? Afaik afk’ing is not playing?

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Turret nerf

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

The whole god kitten class is broken and easy mode. And don’t give me this “cele rifle is so hard to play blah blah blah.” At least condi engis you can take down somewhat easily, turrets the AI does the work for the player, cele the amulet and slick shoes let the player run a train on the whole point. The entire class is broken and needs nerfed on so many different levels it isn’t even funny.

Btw yes I main mesmer, and yes I am kittening salty that mesmer has had the hardest time even trying to keep up with these BS classes that are ruining pvp.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer