Turrets decap engi

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

My problem with turrets is that they are too strong/useful for being ai (a problem this game has overall). It’s fine for it to be ok for new players, but with less management/skill should come less rewards. Not saying it should be nerfed into the ground, but it should be more noticeably weaker than the builds that take more skill.

Whenever I get a box dropped on my head in PvP, I know that I either have to just leave, or die. I’d like if that weren’t the case.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

I guess this (rather old) video sums up nicely the hopes and dreams of 98% of the non-engi playing population:

http://youtu.be/6q3em9s5I4c

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

crate is a ridiculously strong elite especially when compared to other elites, and is one of many things i view to be wrong with engie. just another source of mindless gameplay for a profession that already largely overrewards mindless gameplay through aoe spam.

just because engie has crippling weaknesses against one or two professions doesn’t mean it’s balanced. this hardcounter mentality is destructive to balancing period.

That’s fine but I didn’t say anything about any of that. I was merely responding to someone who thought that crate turrets lasted indefinitely, when they actually last 1 minute.

I also didn’t say anything about hardcounters. Engineer is hardcountered by condi necromancer in a 1v1, but that doesn’t really matter. I agree that that is no reason to be overpowered in other areas. I hope I didn’t imply otherwise somehow.

If you feel that engineers are overpowered, roll one and find its strengths and weaknesses. They’re super fun to play, and most builds are very active, high apm, all around enjoyable builds.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

engis are like the most annoying class in this game and assuming they’re all kittening asuras, it becomes worse.

If before patch I tried to ignore everytime I saw them, now I don’t even try to get the point.

They aren’t strong they’re aren’t OP they are kittening annoying.

(edited by Elxdark.9702)

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Asuras make every class stupid :/
Mesmers? Stupid
Warriors? Stupid
Engies? Stupid
AiNecro? Stupid
AiRanger? Stupid

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Mesmers? Stupid
Warriors? Stupid
Engies? Stupid
AiNecro? Stupid
AiRanger? Stupid

Agreed, but I don’t know why I hate much more to asura engis.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

@Anomaly.7612: The supply crate is not as overpowered as you think. Consider it has a 3 minute cooldown, it will likely only get popped 3 times during a match. I have been playing a zerker warrior recently (rather than my engi), and it is relatively easily to make short work of those turrets.
@condi builds: You realize you should not be able to fight every build. That is why you have something called a team. It is nice to see something in the game that actually makes you less useful and have to work with your teammates to overcome. Also, the engi has almost no condi removal. You can probably kill it by throwing on some conditions, get out of turret range, let them do their work, reapply when needed.

I strongly suggest you try playing builds you think are overpowered before you complain about them on the forums. It may just be the person was a really good player. Playing the builds will give you a good understanding of how to counter them as well.

Here are some hints for killing engi’s:
nades: move randomly, it is rather difficult to predict your location to actually hit you.
bombs: Do not bother getting into melee range with this engi unless you can burst them down really fast. Range them. Do not chase this type of engi either.
Turrets: kill the turrets first. A smart engi, will try to put the turrets in less noticeable locations. I think the problem here is that no one was playing turret engi for so long that people forgot how to counter them. With the current heavy focus on conditions by many people it is making for a perfect environment to run a turret engi. I think I may just have to switch to that from nades.

In general, remember you have a team for a reason. There are things others can do better than you. Know your strengths and weaknesses and know them for the other popular builds.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

People will complain about anything to do with engi I guess. Even buffed up the turrets still die quite quickly when focussed and once they are gone that engi is a free kill. The only builds that might have trouble with them are melee only condi builds which are few and far between.

Also I have found no matter what build you run you will be called an annoying decapper if you are holding a rifle. Also if you are using any kits your build will eventually be called OP cheese. About the only thing I haven’t seen people complain about is the mortar elite and that is probably because nobody has used it since the first week of release when people were trying it out.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

yea like what the Devs say, turrets are useless if you know how to play agaisnt them. And it isnt that hard.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

My problem with turrets is that they are too strong/useful for being ai (a problem this game has overall). It’s fine for it to be ok for new players, but with less management/skill should come less rewards. Not saying it should be nerfed into the ground, but it should be more noticeably weaker than the builds that take more skill.

Whenever I get a box dropped on my head in PvP, I know that I either have to just leave, or die. I’d like if that weren’t the case.

There are several elites like this though. I don’t think crate itself is the problem because of the long cooldown.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

I love people who complain about silly issues.

For starters lets get this out in the open,

1 : Turret push back trait makes turrets HURT when they explode. Quite a bit. For starters don’t stand next to 3 of them when you kill them.

2: Next off turret engi has with healing turret only 2 condi’s cleansed every 15 seconds. That’s not good. Any HALF DECENT condi engi or necro can beat them. If you are an engi or necro and are complaining then get out of denial cause you need to l2p. Really bad.

3: get over the stand on point non-sense. Any hambow can use longbow f1 ( don’t give me the crap about reflecting it learn to aim. the radius is ridiculous) and arc arrow to do major damage. ( maybe AI turrets should be affected by conditions like spirits and spirit weapons etc….)

4: THEY HAVE NO STUN BREAKER.

5: limited to no damage if turrets are dead. Like really really bad.

6: Points tick once every 2 seconds. If they full cap and live for say 20 seconds they scored 10 points. Cool they were effective except they are on spawn for 15 seconds + 15 seconds to come back to point. You got 5 for killing them and 5-10+ by full capping ( how long can you hold the point?)

7: THEY HAVE 0 STAB REMOVAL the only reason the old decap was viable was massive boon strip. This build is crap because a bunch of noob engis thought due to old success this may still work. It doesn’t. Use stab for gods sake. Or learn to dodge/evade/blind ( seeing as he has 0 condi removal blind powder/smoke bomb work well)

8: Get a team mate to help you. With 2 people ( or if you actually bothered to run condi engi or necro) it isn’t hard. Don’t expect fairness in this game I can easily roll a 1v1 build and with some skill roll your back point repeatedly. Hell I can argue shadow trap is far worse offender. Quit complaining.

They’re so tanky that they don’t need to kill anyone. They just knock you back and easily cap the point. The engi’s job isn’t to kill but to sit on the point while CC’ing them off.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

for me its just annoying if they have Accelerant Packed Turrets which will knock you back each time a turret dies >_<

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

the thing i find fun is that basically no one really knows the build i’m talking about, yet they claim about it not being “gud” or anything.

Lawl.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Kirito’s Cancer engi ?:/ not as good in teamq as it is in soloque.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

for me its just annoying if they have Accelerant Packed Turrets which will knock you back each time a turret dies >_<

Then be smart, get it low and range it the rest of the way. The trait has an extremely small range, a radius of 120.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Ill bet a lot of people arent even aware that turrets have significant cooldowns.

rocket turret is 50sec, thumper turret is 50sec, net turret is 30sec, flame turret is 25sec, rifle turret is 20sec.
Ow, and these cooldowns start after the turret dies.

Destroy Turrets, which fall over to a stuff breeze, and all the engineer has are his deliberately kitten mainhand weapons with no weaponswap.
If he has a kit to swap to, then he has less turrets because they both compete for the same utility slots.

Maybe stop ignoring the Turrets?

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Then be smart, get it low and range it the rest of the way. The trait has an extremely small range, a radius of 120.

as a warrior without the cheese of longbow i only have melee,
and all of my attacks cleave meaning turrets will be hit!

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

1 : Turret push back trait makes turrets HURT when they explode. Quite a bit. For starters don’t stand next to 3 of them when you kill them.

2: Next off turret engi has with healing turret only 2 condi’s cleansed every 15 seconds. That’s not good. Any HALF DECENT condi engi or necro can beat them. If you are an engi or necro and are complaining then get out of denial cause you need to l2p. Really bad.

3: get over the stand on point non-sense. Any hambow can use longbow f1 ( don’t give me the crap about reflecting it learn to aim. the radius is ridiculous) and arc arrow to do major damage. ( maybe AI turrets should be affected by conditions like spirits and spirit weapons etc….)

6: Points tick once every 2 seconds. If they full cap and live for say 20 seconds they scored 10 points. Cool they were effective except they are on spawn for 15 seconds + 15 seconds to come back to point. You got 5 for killing them and 5-10+ by full capping ( how long can you hold the point?)

7: THEY HAVE 0 STAB REMOVAL the only reason the old decap was viable was massive boon strip. This build is crap because a bunch of noob engis thought due to old success this may still work. It doesn’t. Use stab for gods sake. Or learn to dodge/evade/blind ( seeing as he has 0 condi removal blind powder/smoke bomb work well)

8: Get a team mate to help you. With 2 people ( or if you actually bothered to run condi engi or necro) it isn’t hard. Don’t expect fairness in this game I can easily roll a 1v1 build and with some skill roll your back point repeatedly. Hell I can argue shadow trap is far worse offender. Quit complaining.

They’re so tanky that they don’t need to kill anyone. They just knock you back and easily cap the point. The engi’s job isn’t to kill but to sit on the point while CC’ing them off.

While I don’t agree that Engies are OP, the problem people have is with Conquest, not Engies. An Engie that doesn’t have a cap point doesn’t really have anything. I think there are viable builds for every class. Isn’t that the point? Waiting for other game types is like watching paint dry though. GW2=The EEEE-est of sports.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

It might just be the condi necros, but as one, I can kill most decap engies (turret or otherwise) reliably enough that it will discourage them to attack our home again.
Specially, if I’m standing on the point, and manage to put a signet of spite on them followed by fear as they are moving toward me.
That said, dealing with AR engis who take Melandru runes is a bit harder but still not impossible.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

(edited by Burjis.3087)

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

its not so easy, especially for condo engi. when turrets are spread in large triangle it will take you quite some tome before you grenade them out (you’ll have to go one at a time). i estimate it will be around 10 sec per traited turret to grenade them out.

x3 turrets and engi dish out around 2k dps. the math is, you die before you clean up turrets.

also, when i play x3 turrets, i put rocket most inaccessible, so they have to attack rifle and flame first, especially flame. it has i believe 20 sec cd.

condi necro is possibly a counter, may be d/p thief, but i’m not sure about the rest.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

Here’s my 2c:

I’d assume the main time you’d face off against a turret decap engineer is if they push into your home point and you’re stuck defending against it. Your best bet in this situation is to engage the engineer as far away from the node as possible and to deal damage to them as you chase them to the point. Their strength comes from having their turrets down in a confined area, and they’re not going to waste them by dropping them in roads somewhere. Just make sure you don’t get CC’d in roads and then decapped for free.

If you’re solo pushing far and trying to get a node from a decap engineer who is playing backpoint…well, you’re both doing it wrong.

In other words, enjoy playing vs this class for months to come. Its not powerful in solo q… or you would see a sudden boost in their numbers OH WAIT

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Eiland.1405

Eiland.1405

Skyhammer got even better!
Turrets engi bunker goes cannon. Drops 4 turrets + CC. so much skill. gg Anet.

Also APT is soo strong for a minor it was so obvious. The genius who moved it from master is a balance master.

Dry Leaves

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

At this point I feel we should have an AI-build tournament. Players can ONLY use their AI to do damage. Let us play GW2 as intended, and find out who the strongest pokemaster!

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

120 radius. 1 2 0 and you have problems with the knockback? Come on

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Eiland.1405

Eiland.1405

Do you know melee range is 130 and turret engi love huggin?
Do you know the size of floor on the skyhammer cannon?
Do you know the size of cap point? (not Graveyard)
Do you know engi can have 4 turrets ++elite?
Do you know they on 20sec CD (most of them)?
Do you know its instant unlike a super telegraphed hammer jump?

Dry Leaves

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Klocknov.8219

Klocknov.8219

Here’s my 2c:

I’d assume the main time you’d face off against a turret decap engineer is if they push into your home point and you’re stuck defending against it. Your best bet in this situation is to engage the engineer as far away from the node as possible and to deal damage to them as you chase them to the point. Their strength comes from having their turrets down in a confined area, and they’re not going to waste them by dropping them in roads somewhere. Just make sure you don’t get CC’d in roads and then decapped for free.

If you’re solo pushing far and trying to get a node from a decap engineer who is playing backpoint…well, you’re both doing it wrong.

The thing is, players aren’t going to play the game how you envision it to be played, and that is where the miscommunication lies between the player base and the devs. You all have this perfect idea of how the game is suppose to be played but in reality players are going to look for the most over-powered spec to do what they need to get done.

9/10 times I see a turret Engi it is a home or mid bunker, they never roam and if I see a Engi at far it is running decap or oddly enough 100nades lately. So how you envision that fight is not how in reality it will happen in a match unless you are playing the class. At the end of the day, when you are playing you are just another player trying to play the game how you see fit and the player on the otherside is doing the exact same thing for themselves. Not everyone shares the same vision as the devs in how to play the game.

As well turret engi is not a decap, it is a bunker. Yes it can decap, but it is a bunker build and thus used that way by most people I see playing it. Decap is generally running rifle/sheild with bombs and tool kit/nades with Elixer S. With a few varaints running tripple Kit with all three of those kits or a flame thrower as well.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Here’s my 2c:

Valid points, and I mostly agree. I prefer to force the Engi in to thinking I’m going to play their game, acting committed to taking/holding the point by being aggressive with them, then pulling away from the point after they’ve set all their turrets. Some will follow, some won’t. What ever decision they make it’s the wrong one, because if they stay in the ring I’ll just kite them to death and if they leave it they don’t have a whole heck of a lot of other tricks left up their sleeves.
Also, as someone has mentioned earlier; a turret Engineer probably doesn’t have any stunbreaks. If you have access to any form of CC, abuse it and it should counter them pretty hard.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Here’s my 2c:

The thing is, players aren’t going to play the game how you envision it to be played, and that is where the miscommunication lies between the player base and the devs. You all have this perfect idea of how the game is suppose to be played but in reality players are going to look for the most over-powered spec to do what they need to get done.

9/10 times I see a turret Engi it is a home or mid bunker, they never roam and if I see a Engi at far it is running decap or oddly enough 100nades lately. So how you envision that fight is not how in reality it will happen in a match unless you are playing the class. At the end of the day, when you are playing you are just another player trying to play the game how you see fit and the player on the otherside is doing the exact same thing for themselves. Not everyone shares the same vision as the devs in how to play the game.

As well turret engi is not a decap, it is a bunker. Yes it can decap, but it is a bunker build and thus used that way by most people I see playing it. Decap is generally running rifle/sheild with bombs and tool kit/nades with Elixer S. With a few varaints running tripple Kit with all three of those kits or a flame thrower as well.

If traited to cause turrets to launch when they are destroyed turrets can be a very good decap.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Do you know melee range is 130 and turret engi love huggin?
Do you know the size of floor on the skyhammer cannon?
Do you know the size of cap point? (not Graveyard)
Do you know engi can have 4 turrets ++elite?
Do you know they on 20sec CD (most of them)?
Do you know its instant unlike a super telegraphed hammer jump?

yeah engis love huging ….. :pokerface:

and on skyhammer engi is OP but this is a map problem not the engi problem.

Cooldowns are :20 for healing, 20sec for rifle, 25 for flame , 30 for net, 50 rocket, 50 thumper. So most of them is 2 of 6 :pokerface:

Cast time is 1/2 sec so it is not very instant in my point of view.

Capture point size is 240 on some maps. But some are 300 (BATTLE OF KYHLO)

If Turrets and the Engi knockbacks are such a problem. Why to we never see a warrior with stomp + kick + fear and rifle/hammer ?

Because it is not so powerful. The turrets are good to decap and that’s is. A power ranger is also able to decap a point much easier. Necro with fear decaps it and eat the soul of the engi.

Turret engis are far from beeing OP.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Here’s my 2c:

Valid points, and I mostly agree. I prefer to force the Engi in to thinking I’m going to play their game, acting committed to taking/holding the point by being aggressive with them, then pulling away from the point after they’ve set all their turrets. Some will follow, some won’t. What ever decision they make it’s the wrong one, because if they stay in the ring I’ll just kite them to death and if they leave it they don’t have a whole heck of a lot of other tricks left up their sleeves.
Also, as someone has mentioned earlier; a turret Engineer probably doesn’t have any stunbreaks. If you have access to any form of CC, abuse it and it should counter them pretty hard.

tihis^^

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

So many engineer players here it’s unreal.

People, if you haven’t faced this abomination of a build (I have tried this myself, and it’s simply EASY MODE just like anything engineer related) then don’t talk. It lacks counterplay and requires at least 3 people to reliably kill the engi quickly, because he can hold it just fine against 2.

Edit: And lol at those that say “lol just destroy the turrets”. The only turret worth putting up early is the rocket one, flame and thumper can be setup later when people actually show up, and it’s not like the engi will just let you range his turrets in a 1v1 situation either.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

(edited by Razor.6392)

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

…Wow, people just don’t know anything about Turrets. 20 second cooldowns on most of them? I wish.

Here, I’m just going to link the wiki so there’ll at least be some accurate information available for the lazy:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Turret

That has info on every single Engineer Turret and trait that affects Turrets.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: alofear.9637

alofear.9637

I feel like there are different “Decap” turret versions for the Engi that are being put into the same boat.

I play a 2/0/6/6/0 build (turret knock-back/force field/buffs) I do almost no damage.
The main goal of my build is to do knock-backs and CC, with area heals/buffs for my team. Can I decap and hold a point vrs 3 people? Yes… does that make me OP? … big NO..

It really depends on the skill of the players I’m going against that really makes this build seem OP when it’s not.

If you’re a player who rushes up on a point and have no clue what the person holding it is going to do, then you’re going to lose. I have no stun breakers, I’m squishy, and have almost zero instant conditional removal. If I’m playing right (and not button smashing) I might pop up and hide under a chain of force-fields. Then you need to pop up stability and try and come get me. Or knock me out of my fields and watch me run around while my 20-40sec cool-downs on my turrets recharge.

I’ve played some decent players and in 1v1 they have taken me down without a problem. I accept the challenges of going against me. And TBH if I’m in a match and I know a player can take me on, I will try and avoid them 1v1.

Evade is your friend, I always lose to the people who don’t button smash. I know I button smash sometimes, and it always gets me killed.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Razor.6392

Can I decap and hold a point vrs 3 people? Yes… does that make me OP? … big NO..

In a conquest game mode, yes it does. Maybe you can be balanced all you want at Courtyard, everywhere else it’s easy mode faceroll overpowered.

Level 60 pvp

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Sorry for the confusion.

I wasn’t trying to describe a theoretical or “design intended” way to counter the build – I was simply stating what’s worked for me personally in top 50 team queue.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: JestersMadness.7528

JestersMadness.7528

I play a 2/0/6/6/0 build (turret knock-back/force field/buffs) I do almost no damage.
The main goal of my build is to do knock-backs and CC, with area heals/buffs for my team. Can I decap and hold a point vrs 3 people? Yes… does that make me OP? … big NO..

Then you are a part of the current problem with PvP… A CC-centered build was NEVER a good idea… It’s poor game-design and only serves to take the actual fighting out of the fight.

There is way too much CC in this game, and people who develop builds around it, are just trying to make their opponents rage-quit.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

alofear.9637

Can I decap and hold a point vrs 3 people? Yes… does that make me OP? … big NO..

In a conquest game mode, yes it does. Maybe you can be balanced all you want at Courtyard, everywhere else it’s easy mode faceroll overpowered.

How?

Skyhammer I’m feared/pulled/knocked off almost 50% of the time (then again I think that is everyone)

Battle of Kyhlo I guess I can hold the clocktower ok, but a siege could knock me out fast

Forst of Niflhel / Legacy of the Foefire / Spirit Watch are very open and easy for me to die vrs any skilled player.

Temple of the Silent Storm is the map I excel at (not sure why, maybe the points seem to only have two ways in and I can always stealth run away and hide if the fights not going my way.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

alofear.9637

Then you are a part of the current problem with PvP… A CC-centered build was NEVER a good idea… It’s poor game-design and only serves to take the actual fighting out of the fight.

There is way too much CC in this game, and people who develop builds around it, are just trying to make their opponents rage-quit.

Why is having a player’s focus on CC a bad thing? If that is the case then going full DPS or Bunker is a bad thing.

Do I want the other players to rage-quit? maybe :P

Its the same as getting feared locked down, or condition melted. Its a game, and if you can’t figure out how to counter situations then whats the point in playing PvP

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: JestersMadness.7528

JestersMadness.7528

Fear is CC, so let’s not even go there.

Over CC-ing is the same as a Mesmer using Moa, in a 1v1 – It’s just plain dumb.
It removes any skill (Save perhaps from the amount of skill it takes, to remember a rotation…) because you can basically juggle your opponent.
I’m even beginning to see unblockable knockbacks (Not sure if from engi, or warr), which makes stability the only counter to a knockback – And unless I’m miss-remembering, knockbacks almost always have a shorter CD than stability skills.
If it were possible to make reliable perma-stability speccs, I’d see CC as less of and issue, but that would also make the game less responsive…
I truly and firmly believe that Engineers and Necromancers suffer from the devs being unable to balance them probably, thus making them either under- or overpowered (Depending on their specc).

I’d love to see this game getting a lot of its CC removed, or maybe have diminishing returns on the skills, so that you become immune to similar skills, once you’ve been hit by it enough.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

alofear.9637

Fear is CC, so let’s not even go there.

Over CC-ing is the same as a Mesmer using Moa, in a 1v1 – It’s just plain dumb.
It removes any skill (Save perhaps from the amount of skill it takes, to remember a rotation…) because you can basically juggle your opponent.
I’m even beginning to see unblockable knockbacks (Not sure if from engi, or warr), which makes stability the only counter to a knockback – And unless I’m miss-remembering, knockbacks almost always have a shorter CD than stability skills.
If it were possible to make reliable perma-stability speccs, I’d see CC as less of and issue, but that would also make the game less responsive…
I truly and firmly believe that Engineers and Necromancers suffer from the devs being unable to balance them probably, thus making them either under- or overpowered (Depending on their specc).

I’d love to see this game getting a lot of its CC removed, or maybe have diminishing returns on the skills, so that you become immune to similar skills, once you’ve been hit by it enough.

I almost think instead of de-buffing or removing things, maybe add more functions to skills we already use.

I can’t speak for every class, but it was mention in the engineering forms that glue shot could buff your team with stability (since it glues you down) (Edit: Just an idea)

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

gesho.9468

Here’s my 2c:

I’d assume the main time you’d face off against a turret decap engineer is if they push into your home point and you’re stuck defending against it.

not necessarily. turrets can be triangle placed around mid, at 1500 they (rocket and rifle) are safe from aoe and random damage. they will take any single target down in 10 sec, while engi can busy himself with pistol shield survival, hiding behind pillars, rez/stomping, etc.

for instance on khylo i put them on the edge of broken wall, two opposite corners (rocket and rifle) and flame turret (low 20 sec cd) on mid platform, but away from circle, near the wall. at most flame turret will be destroyed. and meanwhile they will take out more then one life.

and even in unlikely case that i lost, i’m usually out of heat and can run to one of side nodes for free cap or imba fight.

its very low risk very high dps.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

People complaining about engie turrets? my god, now ive seen everything. I see no need to rehash the points already made in this thread, but it should take people all of about 5 min to realize how to avoid/destroy the turrets.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

gesho.9468

People complaining about engie turrets? my god, now ive seen everything. I see no need to rehash the points already made in this thread, but it should take people all of about 5 min to realize how to avoid/destroy the turrets.

can you please explain?

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

can you please explain?

the turrets cant move, have limited range, dont attack all that often, have very low HP and have long cool downs. engie drops turret, you got a few option, some are to back off and kill it, drop stability and melee it, or get our of range on the other side of the node. Honestly the turrets HP is so low, they don’t last long at all. all this is just my take on the issue

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Mesmers? Stupid
Warriors? Stupid
Engies? Stupid
AiNecro? Stupid
AiRanger? Stupid

Agreed, but I don’t know why I hate much more to asura engis.

Its cz theyre most common.

Like ppl who want roar and battle take charr/norn warior , and poeple who are self-centered smartkitens go for asura engieneer the rest just makes human chicks

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Razor.6392

If it was so easy people wouldn’t complain. Jump off your high horse and stop thinking you’re good and everyone else sucks.

All your possible 1v1 solutions against an engi fighting on point will fail simply because the engi himself is not AFK! Good luck fighting him with his turrets on you, good luck taking time to destroy the turrets while he takes free shots at you, knocks you back, spams you with condis, drops supply crate in your face, activates thumper’s active or simply kills you!

Not to mention that thumper is tanky.

Level 60 pvp

(edited by Razor.6392)

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

I thought about my answer to people concerned over and over and I had to rewrite it for the best message. The one thing I can tell you versus a turret engineer is this: Turret Engineers have no spike. Turret Engineers by design have lots of CC, lots of regen, and an effective range that’s only good versus one opponent. The point of a TE is sustain until the opponent loses enough health to where they either have to heal (interruptible) or have to run away (nothing a TE can do about that.) The rifle is for the most damage and for keeping you off their turrets or the point, but it’s not an infallible build. If the TE has pistol/shield or pistol/pistol, they don’t have any ability to kill quickly.

Weaknesses are:
-Poor condition removal
-Poor defensive traits (no vigor, no stability, no stealth)
-Poor mobility
-Low turret health if focused

Strengths are:
High projectile reflection uptime
High amounts of effective CC in confined spaces like skyhammer

So what does a Turret Engineer lose to? They lose to power engineers, they lose to condition engineers, they lose to necros (not necessarily minionmancers) They lose outright to decent hambow warriors, they lose to smart rangers, they lose to reflection guardians, and they get OWNED UP by robust mesmer builds.

But yes a good turret engineer will do well in skyhammer control room since we have tons of CC naturally, but that same TE will lose to fear chains, to stability guardians, a handful of mesmer builds, and hambow warrior. Greatsword ranger is actually pretty good against them too. I’d only recommend shortsword ranger if you have a bleed build and a pet or spirit that can throw out cover conditions.

What has to change is your mindset when fighting a TE. Consider them a weaker PU mesmer with a lot more CC. Not as much confusion, no boon stripping, just area denial that easily folds when properly ganked. TE’s don’t have enough active defense to stop a gank. A bomb kit engineer will be able to fight 1v2 any class, a condition engineer will be able to fight 1v2 any class, but not a Turret Engineer.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

gesho.9468

the turrets cant move, have limited range, dont attack all that often, have very low HP and have long cool downs. engie drops turret, you got a few option, some are to back off and kill it, drop stability and melee it, or get our of range on the other side of the node. Honestly the turrets HP is so low, they don’t last long at all. all this is just my take on the issue

sry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. traited turret has 1500 range. with metal plating they have const protection and then there is self repair.

with good positioning you won’t even be able to hit single turret without being exposed to all three of them. in which case you have 10sec lifetime, which is barely enough to bring down single turret. most likely it will be flame turret (which imo should always be a frontman), which engi can drop again in 20 sec, just in time for you running back from respawn to be steamrolled all over again.

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

Razor.6392

High amounts of effective CC in confined spaces

>Tfw you realize most capture nodes are confined spaces. Unless you’re willing to give up all of them!

You don’t need mobility if you’re sitting at their nodes. This isn’t WvW lmfao, if you took their point and they run away YOU WIN.

Condition removal is low but purity / generosity / melandru runes make up for it quite nicely.

Any way you look at it you will lose this argument. I can’t wait until you actually face one (since clearly you haven’t) in soloq / hotjoin / tpvp and realize how little is what you can do against them, whether in a 1v1, 1v2 or 2v2.

Level 60 pvp

Turrets decap engi

in PvP

gesho.9468

rereading thread i see a lot of misinformed posts.

x3 turret engi is NOT a decap engi. triple turret engi is one who has all three turret traites, metal plating, autotool, rifled turret selected (btw i would take rifled turrets over fortified turrets, you can alway los from range projectile, while he cant).

it is not meant to decap far. in fact its better with pistol shield. often he will lose point, but kill enemy. it playes well on mid where it has reliable long range sustain on par and probably better then power ranger. this sustain cant be los’d because of turret positioning. and above all engi himself keeps out of harm, while turrets do the job.

another thing, because of power and perma-burning mix, it will melt whatever you come with, armor or cleansing.