Two druids combo ---> Rezzing like Jesus!

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Quickness rez was removed… too hard to cap a point, because your guyz were always up and running again. Same for Runes of Mercy.

Let’s see the new rez that is better than quickness rez:

“Search and Rescue!”
45 Recharge time

Your pet teleports a downed ally within range to you and begins reviving them. Grant regeneration to nearby allies.

Gain health every second; stacks duration. Regeneration (8s): 1040 health
Radius.png Radius: 1,200

With this rez, you removed the downed body from cleave and stomp. On Legacy of Foefire, you can place two pew pew druids on ledges to rez your DPS…

Meaning, that now Runes of mercy or Quickness rez that was great to rez people is banned from sPVP but search and rescue is faster rez than a quickness rez. The pet rez, the ranger rez, the regens helps…. it is at a safe place.

It seems bug, the 1200 range is from pet and not the caster, so you can send your pet on mid, while you are on home or far and rez mid players.

We will get a patch… I hope they adjust this before pro league, I want anet to either upgrade the cooldown of the shout because of that trait: “Beastmastery Resounding Timbre — Shouts apply regeneration and swiftness to allies. Reduces recharge on shouts.”

More the rez trait of ranger don’t have any Internal cooldown:

Allies’ Aid
“When you begin reviving an ally, you use search and rescue on them. Increase revive speed.

Radius.png Effectiveness Increased: 10%"
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Allies%27_Aid

Please for “healthy” game play, find a way to limit the BEST REZ of this game since lunch. Jesus like rezzing is too much.

And if you don’t please balance other support classes or builds with similair trait with similar cooldown (0 CD on the trait, remember?).

Thank you,
Dal

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

It’s another terrible attempt at updating skills. There wasn’t anything wrong with the skill as it was previously. This version is over the top.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It’s another terrible attempt at updating skills. There wasn’t anything wrong with the skill as it was previously. This version is over the top.

Well, except the monstrous cooldown.

Transfusion has been doing something similar since June, even affecting more allies on a shorter cooldown, but nobody complains about that.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Wow, seriously? Are you being serious right now? Really?

in PvP

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Transfusion has been doing something similar since June, even affecting more allies on a shorter cooldown, but nobody complains about that.

Thats because of the “pet ressing”. The necro transfusion trait is awesome, but still takes at least twice as long to res its target which gives alot more time for opponents to react.

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Thats because of the “pet ressing”. The necro transfusion trait is awesome, but still takes at least twice as long to res its target which gives alot more time for opponents to react.

Transfusion healing part is bugged. Reaper or Necro have a high end build that is not bunker/support because other classes (ele, scrapper, druids, guard) got more viable support build.

The pet rez seems instant or so… and the downed player seems up before you got time to counter it.

Give us counter play, with “good” tell that take 2 sec or more, to make it good.

Don’t forget the trait that rez with search and rescue don’t have any cooldown, seems instant and rez in less than 1 second.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

I am main bunker support since 2012. I hve 9k games over 7 classes. I played all viable support build.

I want that all classes got their viable support build. If one got OP versus the others we go back to the cheeze mesmer/rev quickness rez part. It’s clear anet tried to fix the problem, but with search and rescue changes, they simply move the problem from mesmer (that is in broken state right now) to druids.

Stacking two druids is enough to replace 2 bunker mesmer, 2 quickness/infuse light rev comp.

If it’s the plan, at least give a viable rez option to all classes to get rez support somewhat balanced.

So, yes I am serious… and if they don’t do nothing about it, the pvp forum will get flood by all the crap the last meta bring… the QQ will not be about mesmer, but druids.

Do you really want to get a broken druids build because of the search and rescue change? You know… when they nerf, they overnerfed all viable spec of a class.

(edited by Jourdelune.7456)

in PvP

Posted by: Lixion.8457

Lixion.8457

The rez starts when the body get teleported. So lets talk reaction times. 1sec invun rez while the pet starts rezzing. Then the druid rezzes as the body is next to them, 1sec. This means the player took 1 sec to find the body. Unless you have a teleport you are missing the stomp. This includes final strike (not even the first two hits of impact) which is faster than a regular stomp. All the cleave on the body is gone and poison is removed (I believe, I haven’t seen poison stay on a body). 2secs to find a body, get real the person is back in the fight.

1 Ranger is fine, with CD. I’m OK with being able to teleport through walls or up ledges (meaning druid doesn’t even have to be in team fight just outside the walls of middle in somewhere like kylo). 2 is silly. That’s 2 almost insta-rezzes. Unless you drop both druids at the same time or 1 druid twice. Now do this while you have 2 classes peeling for the druid. If you don’t the CD on the first is usually back up by the time you drop someone for a 3rd time.

During a game in a team fight we dropped a power ele 3 times, and couldn’t apply enough pressure in 2 secs to down a body. So yes really, this is dumb. Thank god class stacking was taken out of ESL.

(edited by Lixion.8457)

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

Search and rescue trait has a 85 second CD. It can be reduced by 20% by the Resounding timbre trait.

Search and rescue shout has a 45 second CD which can be reduced by 20%. It is not a quickness res and it can be interrupted. The shout pulls an ally up from 1200 range and allows you and your pet to duo res him. One people cleaving can delay the res significantly. Res speed is affected by healing power, this is why you are baffled by the speed. The Ranger is most likely running the Menders amulet which makes him very glass and vulnerable to focus fire. It can run away perhaps but it cannot sustain vs 2 people for more then a couple of seconds.

Furthermore, you are basing your opinion on unranked play which is debatable in itself.

Bottom line is, this is the very first time we have seen a dedicated healing build in PvP. This is a good thing. This is not a bunker build that can sustain indefinitely vs multiple foes on point and res people as an afterthought. This is DEDICATED HEALING.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Search and rescue trait has a 85 second CD. It can be reduced by 20% by the Resounding timbre trait.

Search and rescue shout has a 45 second CD which can be reduced by 20%. It is not a quickness res and it can be interrupted. The shout pulls an ally up from 1200 range and allows you and your pet to duo res him. One people cleaving can delay the res significantly. Res speed is affected by healing power, this is why you are baffled by the speed. The Ranger is most likely running the Menders amulet which makes him very glass and vulnerable to focus fire. It can run away perhaps but it cannot sustain vs 2 people for more then a couple of seconds.

Furthermore, you are basing your opinion on unranked play which is debatable in itself.

Bottom line is, this is the very first time we have seen a dedicated healing build in PvP. This is a good thing. This is not a bunker build that can sustain indefinitely vs multiple foes on point and res people as an afterthought. This is DEDICATED HEALING.

Nobody was talking about a dedicated healer build, it is just that Search and rescue is OP, since the downed player is teleported OUT of cleave. Since the pet and the ranger combied start rezzing, it takes only 1.5s to complete the rezz. In order to stop this, you need to start applying heavy cleave, which is near impossible in 1.5 seconds. And remember, thief using steal with interrupt either druid or pet, the other one is still rezzing even after interrupt. The fact that you can also double up on the skill using the trait makes this safe rezz even more frequent.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Please fix the wiki.

in PvP

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

This thread is not even remotely valid and extremely bias not to mention very toxicto be blurting out OP when it can be countered which i will explain in very easy to understand words.

When you port someone “out of cleave” you are doing 2 things, which cannot be argued

1. You are losing the point (obviously off point to be in a more non-cleave area ) in order to res the person, which can cause you to lose it entirely, therefore you need to leave or try again in already a losing fight since you needed to res. on top of that losing resources in another fight/point to rotate to you to help in the fight or help you.

2. Just like ANYONE else you are opening yourself to cleave on yourself (the resser and the ‘wanting to be ressed’) how?why? lets make this VERY clear.
S&R is Not the only port (blink) type skill. I Don’t think i need to list them all but lets hope your minds are working at this point at how clear un ‘OP’ S&R is.. so to add beack to the main point, you’re are opening yourself to cleave because Most classes can blink, pull, knock-back, launch interupt the resser and/or downed.. ect….. straight to the target they were cleaving and now boom, it didnt matter if i ported them because now IM dying to cleave while the partner is gets killed.

here is the main point, S&R is NOT I repeat NNNNOOOTTT op in anyway shape or form compared to other abilities classes have! in fact its a unique ability just like any other class/ specialization.

IGN: Itspanda

(edited by panda the chop chop.4712)

in PvP

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

Transfusion healing part is bugged. Reaper or Necro have a high end build that is not bunker/support because other classes (ele, scrapper, druids, guard) got more viable support build.

The pet rez seems instant or so… and the downed player seems up before you got time to counter it.

Give us counter play, with “good” tell that take 2 sec or more, to make it good.

Don’t forget the trait that rez with search and rescue don’t have any cooldown, seems instant and rez in less than 1 second.

It is definitely not instant at all what so ever. countering it is very easy if you actually have situational awareness and blink back to the down target and cleave the downed/pet/druid and then you: A either killed the down, downed the druid (taking advantage (fast reaction) B: stopped the res, druid got away (decent reaction) C: no situation awareness and res happen hence no effort to get to the down (little to no reaction)

IGN: Itspanda

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

here is the main point, S&R is NOT I repeat NNNNOOOTTT op in anyway shape or form compared to other abilities classes have! in fact its a unique ability just like any other class/ specialization.

Well I played versus a comp hosting two druid rezzer. Mid fight on Legacy of Foefire was a stale all match. No one were able to cap it.

We tried to counter druids on ledge, but the rez was done.

Perhaps, you should play with another druid to see how it work. (or be better to counter burst)

GASM was playing the comp, they are not the best in the world, but at least offer you a challenge when you play versus them.

Double Druid Rezzer is Cheeze and make that game like it was prepatch with bunker mesmer.

So I assume, Panda, that you want Druid nerfed to the ground (like mesmer bunker was) after season 2?

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Can I just point out that the thread title makes no sense? Jesus took 3 days to res.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea…I gotta admit that as happy as I am to see “Search and Rescue!” getting some love, it is dangerously close to making druids the new Rezzmers.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

One people cleaving can delay the res significantly. Res speed is affected by healing power, this is why you are baffled by the speed. The Ranger is most likely running the Menders amulet which makes him very glass and vulnerable to focus fire. It can run away perhaps but it cannot sustain vs 2 people for more then a couple of seconds.

This. If your thief and rev are aware of the druid when someone gets downed, they can teleport to him, interrupt him with steal if running stab, and delete him in a few seconds, while cleaving the downed. Only problem is when the druid positions himself in a really good position like outside the clock tower or under the Keep on Niflhel where you can have some problems noticing the druid, but even then you can still just teleport to the downed body ez pz, so even if its really strong, I dont think it doesnt have counterplay… Which should be looked at is conditions staying or not on the body, ause I have not noticed it but if its true that poison doesnt stay on the body when teleported then it really sux

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

so you can send your pet on mid, while you are on home or far and rez mid players.

Youve never played ranger before have you..

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

One people cleaving can delay the res significantly. Res speed is affected by healing power, this is why you are baffled by the speed. The Ranger is most likely running the Menders amulet which makes him very glass and vulnerable to focus fire. It can run away perhaps but it cannot sustain vs 2 people for more then a couple of seconds.

This. If your thief and rev are aware of the druid when someone gets downed, they can teleport to him, interrupt him with steal if running stab, and delete him in a few seconds, while cleaving the downed. Only problem is when the druid positions himself in a really good position like outside the clock tower or under the Keep on Niflhel where you can have some problems noticing the druid, but even then you can still just teleport to the downed body ez pz, so even if its really strong, I dont think it doesnt have counterplay… Which should be looked at is conditions staying or not on the body, ause I have not noticed it but if its true that poison doesnt stay on the body when teleported then it really sux

Those two where not mender, they were really hard to kill.

Like Lixion said, even if you interrupt the Druid, the pet is still rezzing.

Anyway, I don’t really mind having druid rezzer, it’s fun and I will probably abuse it.

But please don’t say I would not had warn you, QQ and nerfs are incoming if Anet let that OP rezz skill as his.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I agree…kinda…but not fully (at least regarding thief).

You can interrupt the druid, but the pet keeps rezzing, so this doesn’t necessarily counter, unless the druid is either running a squishy amulet or is at low health.

in PvP

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Ranger got something good, time to complain about it

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

It is only 1200 range, so most professions can either get close enough to apply AOE pressure from ranged or shadow step to the downed party and cleave.

Perhaps the Ranger using Guard was what caused you to believe it was tanky? It transfers 50% of the damage taken to the pet.

But as I have said before, it is a dedicated healing build where the ranger/druid uses a healing amulet, 1 utility and 2 major traits to get off a fast res every 40 seconds. And that is IF it positions properly so it does not get pressured instantly.

This is a far cry from what we have had in the last meta where mesmers would res people as an afterthought.

To summarize:
- the mender druid build suffers from the same problem as the paladin glyph druid, heavy condition spikes or pressure
- it lacks the SoS, and if it takes SoS it probably does not have SnR
- it has no toughness and besides guard and protective ward, it is very very vulnerable to physical damage
- it is not a bruiser and hence cannot sustain a 2v1 on point for more then a couple of seconds while guard is active and your astral force is up
- it is very evasive and has lots of stealth

Note: We are talking about the build Phantaram has used on his stream and is posted as Shoutbow on Metabattle?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I agree…kinda…but not fully (at least regarding thief).

You can interrupt the druid, but the pet keeps rezzing, so this doesn’t necessarily counter, unless the druid is either running a squishy amulet or is at low health.

Pet doesnt have stab, and Im taking a thief cause if the 5 different classes rule is used for the finals, thief prob will be meta and so it will usually be on a standard team/match. If not, replace thief with another rev and quickness cleave dat kitten

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Nothing wrong with the previous SnR skill?

Lol. I don’t think you actually played the previous SnR skill before.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Outside of the cd, please enlighten me. Unlike you, I did play with the skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

This is what I see when I read your post…

Well I played versus a comp hosting two druid rezzer….We tried to counter druids on ledge…. GASM was playing the comp…. Double Druid Rezzer is Cheeze…

Enough said. GASM kicked your butt so you want the classes they were running nerfed. I doubt very much dual Druid will be the meta… Especially with scrapers, reapers, and thieves being so strong at the moment. I think a team would do well to have one Druid, two is weak.

Imagine the kitten storm if they would have used two scrappers!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Why not just kill the ranger?

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

No you did not. If you did, you would know its garbage.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

I think jesus rezzed a bit slower, also he ressed after defeat cause there was no downed state in that time. It even took like 3 days to get himself to respawn. So i say druids even better healer then jesus tbh.

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

- Transfusion is in Blood Magic, meaning very few people will take it
- Transfusion radius is tiny, not to mention it’s around the caster, not a minion of the caster

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Can I just point out that the thread title makes no sense? Jesus took 3 days to res.

only to res himself
when it did it on another guy it was pretty fast

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

“Search and Rescue!” is not OP. It is quite counter-able. I’ve seem some incredible gameplay from the other team where they would jump the Druid with CC like Slick Shoes and heavy cleave as soon as the body is downed and TP’ed. So maybe, just maybe, you should adapt instead of whining and tunnel-visioning.

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

Search and Rescue is perfectly fine and balanced. L2p issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Search and Rescue is fine just like Bristleback is fine. You should learn to play and use Retaliation to counter Spike Barrage. Or kill the pet, expecting that a ranger cannot use his swap pet button.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

This is just another case of players not being able to think beyond that of a squirrel. Have some decent map awareness and you should know where the Druid is and where to cleave.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

This is just another case of players not being able to think beyond that of a squirrel. Have some decent map awareness and you should know where the Druid is and where to cleave.

But what if you set up the cleave at the druid’s location and they decide to rez at the body instead of teleporting it. What happens then?

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

But what if you set up the cleave at the druid’s location and they decide to rez at the body instead of teleporting it. What happens then?

What? The druid can’t teleport to the body. If you’re cleaving on the druid and he uses that skill he brings the body to him where you’re cleaving.

If he runs TO the body then that just gives you a huge opportunity to hit him with control skills to prevent the rez.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

What? The druid can’t teleport to the body. If you’re cleaving on the druid and he uses that skill he brings the body to him where you’re cleaving.

If he runs TO the body then that just gives you a huge opportunity to hit him with control skills to prevent the rez.

No, no… What if you have a Druid at one side, in the distance and a team on the other side. If you are the enemy team, where can you safely prepare the cleave. Under the body, or under the Druid?

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

What? The druid can’t teleport to the body.

Ancestral Grace begs to differ

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

No, no… What if you have a Druid at one side, in the distance and a team on the other side. If you are the enemy team, where can you safely prepare the cleave. Under the body, or under the Druid?

I don’t understand your dilemma. Have your ranged focus the druid as one player begins the stomp. The druid can either teleport the player to his location, at which point you interrupt the rez and then spike the druid down, or wait for the druid to come to you where he will go down from your team.

Druids aren’t so tanky that they can survive the burst of a team.

As to Reikken. Astral Grace isn’t a teleport silly.

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Class stacking of Druids is OP..

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Why not just kill the ranger?

The other one was rezzing him?

Focus fire on druid for more than 2 minutes without downing him?

Well… perhaps, when you faced a cheeze 2 druids rezzer comp, you will know that 2 bunker mesmer was more easier to deal with their rezzing.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

“Search and Rescue!” is not OP. It is quite counter-able. I’ve seem some incredible gameplay from the other team where they would jump the Druid with CC like Slick Shoes and heavy cleave as soon as the body is downed and TP’ed. So maybe, just maybe, you should adapt instead of whining and tunnel-visioning.

Versus 1, yes. Versus two, not.

And while you beat the druid with cleave, the pet is still rezzing. Btw, the same druid that is focused fire, is healing himself up and leave the place with Invis or staff 3. More time for the pet to rez up.

Please, be honest, if Anet want to balanced REZ support, either town down ranger new REZ or UP other support REZ possibilities.

This is not a L2P issues, nor tunnel visions problem, nor QQ. Simply observations of what our next league season will become.

Learn to know Anet will nerf cheeze to the ground, they did that for all cheeze in the past.

in PvP

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

I would have to agree on this, Search and Rescue is very strong for being able to pull allies out of cleave on point. If Search and Rescue was an elite it would be understandable to have the effects that it does, but it’s a normal tier utility. If I were a ranger I wouldn’t even consider using another skill in it’s place – It’s just too good on the utility aspect to choose anything else in PvP. I’m not whining, but this is becoming a trend in the balance patches for normal skills to even outshine Elite skills. Revising utility is good, but I don’t agree with making skills this hard-line effective.

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

You really cant take SnR if you want to be a strong presence on point in combat. Think of it is a reverse thief +1. It is very useful in a +1 situation to heal up allies and semi spike with the buffed pet, but it cant really survive for long,

Paladin GS druid is so much stronger in side node fights.

in PvP

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Welcome to the world of greedy necromancer kitten class and druids. Let’s buff them even more.

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

No you did not. If you did, you would know its garbage.

I’m 100% certain I know what traits I use when I play.

in PvP

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

What’s really amazing is the fact that anet actually gave ranger a useful skill AND did not nerf it into oblivion an hour after people started complaining about it.

Osu

in PvP

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

If the skill was fine, why was it never used?

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Well… I took the Druid/Ranger Shoutbow build over Metabattle.

Rezzing people take less time than 1 sec. I don’t have to target the down players, only press my 8. (at least scrapper Gyro need a target to REZ)

The corpses and my PET are teleported out of cleaves (while F. gyro die on it), while the down players get poison cleanse from shout and regens.

Floating numbers are 3,8k per tick (2,5k per tick on cleric scrapper and less for bunker guard) x 2 (pet tick the same) + a big regen.

So… if this is the real thing (and yes it is), the best REZ in the game over less than 30 sec CD (traits) is so awesome, that I will run it for the next season. (with the rez spirit, I like to cheeze so much)

I am sad that REZ don’t scale with healing power and that all classes don’t have different but BALANCED trait/skill option, but at least we still get our OP rez. (even if we spec full damage Berzerk pew pew REZZER)

This is way better than quickness rez with infused light Revenant.

Btw, 2 druids should be our baseline comp to cheeze game in season 2, so our win/loose ratio would be awesome (win streaks so amazing with cheeze). Make sure to host a thief or revenant or scrapper to backcap sides and have some tanky guy on mid to get eternal less than 1 second safe rez to keep the point neutral all game.