Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Ty Wooden Potatoes Again

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

What?

People left and right have written full guides on how to balance the trait systems since the HOT patch.

Heck 5 Gauge might as of well of written a 10,000 word essay on how to create better build diversity on engy.

Among the majority straight calling Anet out for simply making HOT specs OP to sell the expansion.

This isnt the only video out there saying Hey Anet the traits seem off.

Ty Wooden Potatoes Again

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

What?

People left and right have written full guides on how to balance the trait systems since the HOT patch.

Heck 5 Gauge might as of well of written a 10,000 word essay on how to create better build diversity on engy.

Among the majority straight calling Anet out for simply making HOT specs OP to sell the expansion.

Tbh balance trait set wise, the system is already in place, E-specs will be balanced when we have more than just one E-spec. If we had 2 on release of HoT we’d probably have a bit more diversity. The problem with core would be that if you wanted to bring it up to be competative with E-specs, core is either going to need a new exclusive skill type(That you lose for going with a E-Spec), or some sort of special bonus and/or improved base profession mechanic. Nerfing E-Specs to core levels is a very short term band aid fix that fixes very little, All that’s doing is setting up to repeat the cycle. New E-Spec is released and it’s now BiS trait, back to square one complaining about how the new E-Spec if bonkers broken.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Ty Wooden Potatoes Again

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

What?

Tbh balance trait set wise, the system is already in place, E-specs will be balanced when we have more than just one E-spec. If we had 2 on release of HoT we’d probably have a bit more diversity. The problem with core would be that if you wanted to bring it up to be competative with E-specs, core is either going to need a new exclusive skill type(That you lose for going with a E-Spec), or some sort of special bonus and/or improved base profession mechanic. Nerfing E-Specs to core levels is a very short term band aid fix that fixes very little, All that’s doing is setting up to repeat the cycle. New E-Spec is released and it’s now BiS trait, back to square one complaining about how the new E-Spec if bonkers broken.

Ok so before HOT i use to run alot of hammer rifle.

My condi build was power/ defense/ discipline. I use hammer for condi and the 5 skill from rifle for condi as well. I used 2 stances- 2 signets and a shout for this build.

My power build was arms/defense/discipline though i could go full glass cannon and go power/arms/discipline. Wow power build was 2 signets 2 stances and rampage. Using the sigent to penatrate blocks and the trait for always crit in arms i landed alot of kill shots that made people really mad.

The meta build was obviously the hammer/GS and the shoutbow. Shout bow was tactics/ defense/ disicpline. With all shouts and a war banner.

This is balance right here. We had 2 meta builds for warrior, they are completely different. Using different specs and utility skills. Even NON-META builds could be used all the time in high level competitive play. They were obviously less effective in full 5 vs 5 Pro Team situations but if we had this League and Rating System back before HOT you would see all these different builds in high plat and Legendary.

And the only reason it would change is if the game developers decided to make full spec lines that were OP and only work with 1-2 other specs which is what we got.

You could of easily made spec lines that are NOT OP, that do not increased spam and best yet. You could of made elite specs not have more of everything but simply a different style of give and take.

There is nothing to suggests that NEW ELITE SPECS will make the game better. 1- No one knows when a expansion is coming. 2- There is nothing to suggests that new specs can balance the PvP world situations being people dont like the style of game play.

Thats the biggest issue with PvP right now, know one likes the insane amount of blocks/invulnerabilites/ passive boon upkeep on top of increased mobility-power and sustain.

There are 5 spec lines on all classes except maybe revenant that work well together and easily could be balanced for PvP and WvW situations. There is only 1 spec line that makes the game not fun with new weapons/skills that make the game not fun to play in PvP and WvW.

Ty Wooden Potatoes Again

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I don’t see point of this vid here . WP isn’t even in serious pvp.

It’s sad to note that gw 2 community kinda see him as it’s voice and he like anet is also silent about current state of pvp population….

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Ty Wooden Potatoes Again

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

It’s sad to note that gw 2 community kinda see him as it’s voice and he like anet is also silent about current state of pvp population….

HOW DAREST THOU CALL WVW NOT SERIOUS PVP

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Ty Wooden Potatoes Again

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I think he did rather well in the PvP season.

He was in plat with a core burn ele build.

When i saw that i was like ohhh he must be pretty good. I then saw that he was clearly getting some matches where the players where not that good. I saw him playing only once and he was able to free cast all game as a squishy.

When i was in the top 250 and in high plat i ran into a ton of high level players. And stuff like “target the hammer rev” is said and people do it. Or noticing a rifle warrior, as a group you attack him to start his passive endure the pain and switch targets then go back to him.

A player who stood out so much to me was Edison on thief in S5. When on his team i literally won every fight i was in there with him on even fights and when against him it was so clear that he knew who the weak link was or a player running a sub par build and he would farm them all game.

I do find that frustrating, WP seems to be a pretty good player but it seemed obvious to me that he was always on the + side of teams and wasnt really expecting to carry. Even on his PvP video, he is playing burn ele and at no point is he being targeted and he is running willy nilly away from fights which is something you see in low gold and lower matches and not something you see in plat or higher matches.