Type of players in Each division (meaning)

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

Bronze: Worst players in the game or new players
Silver: Bad players in general not the worst but just bad
Gold: Average players, the average Joe belongs in this division
Platinum: Good players or above average but not pro material
Legendary: The best players in the game , top tier

I think the system is working as intended but the matchmaking still not perfect, if some people are stuck in a division that’s probably where they belong. If you lost a lot of matches recently that clearly means you did not belong there and should be lower. If you won a lot of matches recently ( long win streak) that means you were placed too low during your placement matches and belong in a higher division . If you have a 50-50% win rate right now you probably belong in the right divison.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

No.

Get lucky on your placement matches and you get High gold to platinum or Even Legendary.

This is the big flaw in the system.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

No.

Get lucky on your placement matches and you get High gold to platinum or Even Legendary.

But if a Bronze tier player gets lucky and ends up in Plat he will drop down fast once he restarts playing. The system is working if people keep playing their matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

This is completely wrong, the rating system is entirely based on having luck with teams in placement matches and so ranks become pointless.

“Oh you can just fight your way to the top”.
No. You can’t. You can’t carry your teams for that many matches. And you will NEVER catch up to the people with good placement. Not ever. So long s5, better luck next time.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

This is completely wrong, the rating system is entirely based on having luck with teams in placement matches and so ranks become pointless.

No. You can’t. You can’t carry your teams for that many matches. And you will NEVER catch up to the people with good placement. Not ever. So long s5, better luck next time.

Yes you can carry . My placements matches were 4v5 and I lost the first 2. I ended up in a scrub division that I could easely win 1v2s and carry all the way to Plat. Now the matches are more even. If you get unlucky and get placed low you can easely win 1v2 or even 1v3

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

No.

But if a Bronze tier player gets lucky and ends up in Plat he will drop down fast once he restarts playing. The system is working if people keep playing their matches.

Not necessarily. Look at these two examples:

1.) Bronze player in legendary that can be carried by 4 people who are good

OR

2.) Platinum player in silver who got unlucky with placement matches and have to carry 3 or 4 people.

Which situation is more beneficial to the player?

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Yes you can carry . My placements matches were 4v5 and I lost the first 2. I ended up in a scrub division that I could easely win 1v2s and carry all the way to Plat. Now the matches are more even. If you get unlucky and get placed low you can easely win 1v2 or even 1v3

You can yes, But you cannot carry EVERYTHING. So what if you lose 5 times in a row due to stupid reasons, what is the excuse then?

in PvP

Crowley.8761

No. You can’t. When you have teammates that go mobbing, when you have people that down themselves on confusion, when you have people that can’t rotate, that will chase enemies back to base rather than cap a point or stay 4 people at the point to get the cap score, you can’t carry that.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

No.

OR

2.) Platinum player in silver who got unlucky with placement matches and have to carry 3 or 4 people.

he will never get carried by 4 good players if the enemy team has 5 good players. People need to stop with this BS. Of course every1 thinks they are special snowflakes and belong in legendary but that’s not the case. If you think you are very good then find a friend as good as you and climb to where you think you belong.

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

No.

OR

he will never get carried by 4 good players if the enemy team has 5 good players. People need to stop with this BS. Of course every1 thinks they are special snowflakes and belong in legendary but that’s not the case. If you think you are very good then find a friend as good as you and climb to where you think you belong.

He can, done this multiple times dude. People should also stop with the BS you are spouting man. PLACEMENT MATCHES DID MATTER. It is harder to climb than fall (not literally)

Yes I do not belong in legendary, But I also do not belong in t3/silver/gold and a lot of decent players I know are stuck in silver. I for one stopped paying attention to the divisions because they do not matter. Do they deserve to be there? No. It seems like you guys on the other side of the spectrum NEVER GET BAD TEAMMATES. And when you do and you win it’s always the “I CARRIED” mentality right?

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in PvP

Posted by: spartan.9421

spartan.9421

The ranking clearly does not matter this season because is was so badly done. My brother who is PvE scrub that struggles to even 1v1 against veteran mobs somehow got lucky enough to place gold. While I, someone who plays pvp every day and knows what he’s doing, gets stuck in bronze. Despite what people shout this system is based solely on luck. you have to get lucky enough to get teammates who will communicate and know what they’re doing. no matter how good you think you are, you can not carry 4 terrible teammates when fighting 5 decent enemies. Especially when said teammates do not communicate or pay attention. A team game should not be based solely on luck.

Worrying is like a rocking chair: You go back and forth but never get anywhere.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Bronze: Worst Luck for placement games or in general just bad.
Silver: Had a few ragers and AFK’s in placement games.
Gold: Lost a game and had a couple of ragers in placement games.
Platinum: Was lucky and only 1 DC and 1 genuine loss.
Legendary: Direx. The PvE legend who made top 5 lol

Lol! we were wondering who is dire X

Yeah just me, some PvE scrub who played auramancer during S1/2 coming back to get more shinies.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I think Placement matches may have put a few people in the wrong divisions and only a few days into the season it’s unfair to categorize players and skill so early into the season.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Interesting discussion. It is easier to fall then climb. Good and above players help there is no argument. However, there is also no argument that a single good player is going to carry the rest of the field. Easiest way to look at it is if you spell team. There is no “I” in team meaning a single person.

All any of them had to do was go play WoW and some arena’s and see how it is done. This isn’t anything like trying to re-invent the wheel.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

Interesting discussion. It is easier to fall then climb. Good and above players help there is no argument. However, there is also no argument that a single good player is going to carry the rest of the field. Easiest way to look at it is if you spell team. There is no “I” in team meaning a single person.

All any of them had to do was go play WoW and some arena’s and see how it is done. This isn’t anything like trying to re-invent the wheel.

You mean “not going to carry”

in PvP

Crowley.8761

Their rating system is basically the same as wow though, except it’s applied to groups made up of randoms.

No matter how well you play you’ll still lose rating if you get put on a bad team. That makes very little sense for a random join game mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Patrick.2987

Patrick.2987

Yeah just me, some PvE scrub who played auramancer during S1/2 coming back to get more shinies.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I think Placement matches may have put a few people in the wrong divisions and only a few days into the season it’s unfair to categorize players and skill so early into the season.

So is dire x still at that position? i doubt it. same for other rly strong and well known players who all work up on platinum/legend. system is working fine and it gets more accurate the more ppl play. This is the best season we had so far mathcmakingwise.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

So is dire x still at that position? i doubt it. same for other rly strong and well known players who all work up on platinum/legend. system is working fine and it gets more accurate the more ppl play. This is the best season we had so far mathcmakingwise.

This. Once they play again they will drop if they got lucky

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

The ranking clearly does not matter this season because is was so badly done. My brother who is PvE scrub that struggles to even 1v1 against veteran mobs somehow got lucky enough to place gold. While I, someone who plays pvp every day and knows what he’s doing, gets stuck in bronze. Despite what people shout this system is based solely on luck. you have to get lucky enough to get teammates who will communicate and know what they’re doing. no matter how good you think you are, you can not carry 4 terrible teammates when fighting 5 decent enemies. Especially when said teammates do not communicate or pay attention. A team game should not be based solely on luck.

This system is actually fair, it’s the placement games that are based on luck. That is its glaring flaw.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

No.

OR

The error in your argument is that you’re arbitrarily asserting the player “rank” before placement. But placement IS the determination of the players level, including where they end up by the end of the season.

Regardless of how “hard” it is for this person to move this way or that, averages will have you move in the direction of your relevant skill level as it relates to all other average joes playing the game. The fact that performance in specific areas outside of pure win/loss means this will happen even faster. That is, of course, so long as you’re as good as you think you are (or worse than you think you are, as the case might be).

in PvP

Crowley.8761

No.

OR

The error in your argument is that you’re arbitrarily asserting the player “rank” before placement. But placement IS the determination of the players level, including where they end up by the end of the season.

Regardless of how “hard” it is for this person to move this way or that, averages will have you move in the direction of your relevant skill level as it relates to all other average joes playing the game. The fact that performance in specific areas outside of pure win/loss means this will happen even faster. That is, of course, so long as you’re as good as you think you are (or worse than you think you are, as the case might be).

This would be true if you either queued as a five man team or it was a balanced 1v1 league. Since neither of those are true what you’re saying is pointless, your own skill doesn’t matter for your rating because there’s a limit to how much you can carry bad teams.

in PvP

Posted by: ibkillin.9610

ibkillin.9610

Sorry but you are wrong. In theory I do agree with your statements. However, explain why you have kitten kitten s fighting off point, always going for far even if you have 2 points already, multiple players fighting an NPC when they should be capping, zerging and no back capping, not cleaving downed players etc. These people who I am teamed with belong in Bronze and Silver yet they are Gold….explain that one? Actually I will, it’s the broken placement system…. THAT’S IT, THAT IS WHAT DETERMINES YOUR FATE IN THIS SEASON.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Lots of people making up excuses for their own failure / kittenty play.

I got unlucky during my placement games. Had 2 games with DCs and 1 with a player ragequiting after he lost his 1v1 on home. So out of the first 10 games i had 1 legit loss and 3 4v5s. Result: 6-4

So i got placed at a lower rating than where i think i belong. Won 90% of my games since and moving my way up the ladder. At platinum now.

Im not the best player in the world + rusty as kitten due to a long GW2 break.

So why does your logic not apply to me?

To make it even worse. Im doing the same on my alt account now while playing zerker amu pre hot necro. Im pushing my way up from the bottom. Started at bronze, at gold now and will easily reach plat or higher.

Ppl really underestimate the impact they can have on games. Stop bullkittenting yourself and focus on improving instead of blaming factors that are out of your control.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

I got unlucky during my placement games. Had 2 games with DCs and 1 with a player ragequiting after he lost his 1v1 on home. So out of the first 10 games i had 1 legit loss and 3 4v5s. Result: 6-4

So i got placed at a lower rating than where i think i belong. Won 90% of my games since and moving my way up the ladder. At platinum now.

So why does your logic doesnt apply to me?

To make it even worse. Im doing the same on my alt account now while playing zerker amu pre hot necro. Im pushing my way up from the bottom. Started at bronze, at gold now and will easily reach plat or higher.

Ppl really underestimate the impact they can have on games. Stop bullkittenting yourself and focus on improving instead of blaming factors that are out of your control.

Some people cant accept the fact that they belong in lower divions that’s it. Matchmaking works fine, class balance is garbage though.

in PvP

Posted by: spartan.9421

spartan.9421

So why does your logic doesnt apply to me?

Some people cant accept the fact that they belong in lower divions that’s it. Matchmaking works fine, class balance is garbage though.

Again, you post the exact same comments in every single thread. You’re like a broken record. I would explain to you why matchmaking is broken, but you wouldn’t believe it because you clearly haven’t been screwed over by the “matchmaking”

Worrying is like a rocking chair: You go back and forth but never get anywhere.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

You leave dire X alone, that person is a saint.

Instead of complaining or being moxy and telling everyone he was top 5 player.

He took a more humble approach.

Dirx X for #GodofPvP

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

No.

And by that logic, a good player can end up in bronze dew to bad placement matches. And that during your matches you can get lumbered with any skill player, I won 6 of my matches but ended up in low silver, then after a bunch of afk and just bad players I ended up at the bottom of bronze. I’ve now got.my self out of bronze and I’m climbing my way up out of silver, what you are saying might be true at the end of the season, but by no way is it currently acuter.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Bronze: Worst players in the game or new players
Silver: Bad players in general not the worst but just bad
Gold: Average players, the average Joe belongs in this division
Platinum: Good players or above average but not pro material
Legendary: The best players in the game , top tier

I think the system is working as intended but the matchmaking still not perfect, if some people are stuck in a division that’s probably where they belong. If you lost a lot of matches recently that clearly means you did not belong there and should be lower. If you won a lot of matches recently ( long win streak) that means you were placed too low during your placement matches and belong in a higher division . If you have a 50-50% win rate right now you probably belong in the right divison.

Season hasnt really started yet, mmr is still settling, and you already make such posts? What the….? And people call ME toxic for telling them that their skill rotation sucks when they dont set up burst properly and just randomly press skills.

Just to make it clear:
Placement matches are a joke. Everybody knows that already.
Softreset means that everybody’s mmr is atm extremely volatile… and very inaccurate.
Without at least 250 (and thats the barest minimum) matches played by the majority of pvp players, NOBODY is atm where he or she belongs.
Pro league is team-pvp. Being able to win matches in duo/solo-queue doesnt necessarily make one a good team player. Think about it.

Id have expected to see such a thread mid-season on its earliest. But few days after season start? Very premature. In every sense of the word.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

You leave dire X alone, that person is a saint.

Instead of complaining or being moxy and telling everyone he was top 5 player.

He took a more humble approach.

Dirx X for #GodofPvP

You guys have misconstrued what was said.

I’m saying it’s unfair to categorize players into bronze = bad so early into the season due to the functionality of placement games. It’s strongly suggested by what was originally said but I don’t mind spelling it out to clear up confusion.

As for Direx, I do believe I called him a Legend? Not sure how that’s an insult lol but legit, legend move to get up there and post about shinies, absolutely kittenin brilliant!

Pretty much my point but with more clarity, thankyou. Just sounded like OP was already categorizing peoples skill levels a day or so into the seasons.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in PvP

Posted by: Blackari.2051

Blackari.2051

no you cant carry TEAM BASED GAME !!!!! …. there is no way in hell you 1 can basically win 1v9 , something like “carrying team” does not exist, either you get lucky with teammates and you will be able to win, or you will be on the opposite side of things

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

the system is fine, the placement matches arent. people who got unlucky like me and get placed in bronze get frustrated really fast. you just cant carry every game.

I mean of course I am climbing right now cause i belong to a higher division, but the way is long and frustrating (1 loss throws u more back than 1 win). btw I had 3-7 in the placements and about 80 % w/l ratio since then.

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Initial ranking is based off your old MMR, so if you place low, this is partly due to you having low MMR beforehand.

I started in silver 1 and carried myself into gold 2 on mostly necro, with teammates that sometimes wanted me to throw my keyboard into the wall with the amount of absolutely kittened decisions they made or simply ended up “contributing” in amounts where they could’ve just not been playing and they would’ve been more useful.

Carrying is definitely possibly if you truly are that much below the rating where you think you should be. Look at what exactly makes you loses your games, mostly it’s getting outrotated; if that’s the case and you play a class with low mobility, swap to something like thief, mesmer, scrapper. Don’t play support ele in low tiers when you can’t rely on your teammates.

Elo hell is real but some of you aren’t even trying to get out.

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

Initial ranking is based off your old MMR, so if you place low, this is partly due to you having low MMR beforehand.

I started in silver 1 and carried myself into gold 2 on mostly necro, with teammates that sometimes wanted me to throw my keyboard into the wall with the amount of absolutely kittened decisions they made or simply ended up “contributing” in amounts where they could’ve just not been playing and they would’ve been more useful.

Carrying is definitely possibly if you truly are that much below the rating where you think you should be. Look at what exactly makes you loses your games, mostly it’s getting outrotated; if that’s the case and you play a class with low mobility, swap to something like thief, mesmer, scrapper. Don’t play support ele in low tiers when you can’t rely on your teammates.

Elo hell is real but some of you aren’t even trying to get out.

i actually found out that playing thief in low tier is most rewarding for me, since u can outplay ppl so easily and decap without even being noticed by the opponent standing few meters away. the joke is that i even have to carry teamfights as thief which should be carried by other classes.