[UPDATE] ArenaNet's first Guild Wars 2 *cash* LAN tournament!

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-invitational-and-regional-qualifying-tournaments/

Hey everyone!

We’re so excited to announce our first ever Guild Wars 2 invitational and regional qualifying tournaments with MMORPG.com and Mist League.

We’ll have more details next week as well as open up registration, so form your teams now and be ready!

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey all,

After the announcement of our Guild Wars 2 Invitational and Regional Qualifying Tournaments went live last week, we saw a number of concerns from players about the restrictions we have in place. While we cannot change some of these restrictions, we have been working to expand allowable regions; we have determined that we can allow additional countries in Europe to compete in the Guild Wars 2 Invitational and Regional Qualifying Tournaments. This means that players in the following countries are now eligible to participate: European Union as well as Iceland, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, and Turkey.

At this time, we are not able to change the age restriction due to other limitations. We hope to expand eligibility for future tournaments.

Thanks for the support!

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Update:

We will not be able to open registration this week. We encountered some technical difficulties, and feel that it is now too late to open them as players in Europe will have likely gone to bed.

With that said, we will be posting on Monday with all of the information you have been waiting for, along with instructions on how to register.

Thanks, and sorry for any inconvenience!

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

that is a VERY early starting period. Unless you give us our matches and we play them when our team is ready (like Mist League) and the time per match is capped.

Can we have it start at like. 12 PST or 1 PST or something? Or can you clarify how the tournament proceedings go? Because 2 days for 32 teams to do a best 2/3 is a LONG time

Also are teams allowed to change classes during the tournament/before a game? How will that be controlled?

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

(edited by DXIEdge.2789)

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Not every match will be live streamed. We will have matches in separate arenas.

Mist League will be covering the Qualifiers, but my guess is that players will not be allowed to swap classes during the game (you should be ready for play when you enter a game).

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

Still doesn’t answer my first question.

Is it gonna be that teams need to be ready to go at specific times? Or are you gonna tell us who we play, and it’s up to us to arrange a time that day to play it?

If so, I suggest we start a little bit later as 11 PST is a bit too early. 12 might accommodate more people and it does say “subject to change”.

Who do we talk to about game specific rules? Ex. Switching classes between matches, before a match starts, etc

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

in PvP

Posted by: Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

I’ve registered my team [CC] 2 days ago for the tournament, but I still haven’t received any confirmation email or anything of that sort. Am I the only one or do we get confirmation emails later? Do I have to register my team again because I didn’t receive any email?

(edited by Ixl Super Ixl.7258)

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I’m not sure how much you want GW2 to be an e-sport. But if you do, you have to sort out the issue we saw today with the TO changing the rules mid-tournament. Doing that destroys all confidence in the TO and the legitimacy of the tournament. The rules need to be set in stone before the tournament starts. If you want the finals to be a different length than the other matches this needs to be clarified before the tournament starts.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

(edited by Vayra.3290)

in PvP

Posted by: overlord.7283

overlord.7283

my team [UA] is ready to rock and roll this weeknd at the NA prelim. we are all super excited

Kaukida
MetaHolics Gaming
Guild-Risen Insanity

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

GL to all teams!

Hope the age limit is removed/lowered so that I can play in the future.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter