UPDATE: King of the (custom arena) Beta

in PvP

Posted by: Vonethil.7160

Vonethil.7160

Information regarding King of the (custom arena) Beta

Region: EU (Europe)

Date: 2013-05-12

Start: 18:00 p.m (GMT + 0:00) on 12th May. – http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ for current (GMT + 0:00).

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru

Bracket: http://binarybeast.com/xGW21304240#brackets

Teams Participating (only the confirmed ones): http://binarybeast.com/xGW21304240#participants

Prize-Pool: Real-Life currency. Donated by the community. If you want to donate add ‘WeAreTheBattery’ on skype and discuss it further with Vonethil.
ESTIMATED PRIZE POOL: 100$+

1. 60%
2. 30%
3. 10% & 25 in-game gold.
Facts: The tournament is a ‘Best of One’ (BO1) single elimination tournament except for the 3rd Place Match and the Final which are ‘Best of Three’ (BO3).
For the teams: You must finish your frist round before the 8th of May. Inform Vonethil.7160 with the report of the match. If you lie you will be disqualified from the tournament. If your enemy can not play the match, inform Vonethil.7160. If none of you take the initiative to play, both will be disqualified. If you can not find the ID of your opponents, inform Vonethil.7160.

Rules:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/82813-tournament-rules/

If you break the rules your team will be disqualified.

Any questions regarding this tournament: Vonethil.7160

(edited by Vonethil.7160)

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Looks nice. GL to everyone

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Tryhards, I like that (regarding the game’s “esport”)! Streaming and spectate ) awesome! Looking forward!

Snow Crows [SC]

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

cant wait to watch, nice to see the community starting things up hopefully Anet follows too someday soon with some tourneys.

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I don’t get why IDL and TP, the two best teams EU are on the same half . . .

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

I don’t get why IDL and TP, the two best teams EU are on the same half . . .

I agree, i don’t want to see IDL and TP fight it out on the second round.

Also, thanks for doing this Vonethil, going to be super awesome to watch!

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

Posted by: Iceflarex.6840

Iceflarex.6840

This is exactly whats needed. Community-driven tournaments. If this becomes a success we could maybe see a lot more of tournaments like this! Tournaments with each team buying in a slot could also be something that the better teams could be interested in.

Batemanx
Previously named “Wifebeater”. Desolation EU

in PvP

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

This is exactly whats needed. Community-driven tournaments. If this becomes a success we could maybe see a lot more of tournaments like this! Tournaments with each team buying in a slot could also be something that the better teams could be interested in.

I don’t agree that it is exactly what is needed, as Anet or some big mlg sponsored event would go a lot further.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I hope anet starts to put some advertising up for community-driven tournies. Maybe like an esports-blog held by the pvp-CM’s and a link in the GW2 launcher.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: tarcheg.4872

tarcheg.4872

idk…
there are mim, idle, tp, boon in the lower bracket against only pish in the upper. How did you come up with this? Did pish just got lucky?
Other teams please don’t get offended – imho these are just the favs (at least when going from the ladder (yeah ik ladder /= skill but anyway))…

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

idk…
there are mim, idle, tp, boon in the lower bracket against only pish in the upper. How did you come up with this? Did pish just got lucky?
Other teams please don’t get offended – imho these are just the favs (at least when going from the ladder (yeah ik ladder /= skill but anyway))…

Organisator is from PISH. Question answered

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Vonethil.7160

idk…

We have lost to four of the other teams in the top bracket recently, we are not lucky and we are not ‘safe’. Still a big chance we lose before we even reach semi-finals.

Regarding the other teams, I did not look into who’s facing who in the second round because I did not want to organize it so some teams will have a safe path to the finals. I have already spoken to some of the teams and most of them wanted the bracket to stay the same.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

What’s up with Chieftain Ninjas? Are they unable to play, or did they already drop out? I really liked to watch their stream back in the old year.

Date: 2013-05-14
Start: 18:00 p.m (GMT + 0:00) on 12th May

So, do the matches start on the 12th or 14th of May?

Thanks for organizing and hosting such a tournament! Can’t wait to watch the stream!

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Vonethil.7160

What’s up with Chieftain Ninjas? Are they unable to play, or did they already drop out? I really liked to watch their stream back in the old year.

Date: 2013-05-14
Start: 18:00 p.m (GMT + 0:00) on 12th May

So, do the matches start on the 12th or 14th of May?

Thanks for organizing and hosting such a tournament! Can’t wait to watch the stream!

The 12th, thanks a lot for pointing this out!

in PvP

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Really nice initiative, thumbs up to you guys! Hope you can make it all work.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in PvP

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

Without a true seeding system it would be unfair to place teams on the bracket based off who ppl say are the “favorites” especially with money on the line. Im assuming it was done with a random application.

Awesome job on setting this up!

Perhaps in the future an agreed upon seeding based off of the (lol) leader boards could be used, or maybe even based off the results of this tournament. But all in all we just need to see more of these going on, so kudos again.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluid.1726

Fluid.1726

Unfortunately, they are unable to play, therefore, 2 Eles 1 Cup have automatically qualified for the next round.

Fluid Da Hellacious [Denial Esports] (EU)

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

maybe for next future tournaments u should put from the view on leaderboard team 1 on the upper bracket position 1; the second best team on leaderboard on the lower bracket last position. 3rd team from leaderboard lower bracket first position. 4th team from leader board upper bracket last position . rest teams put them random.
in this way u prevent that we have finals in the second round and third rounds….

but yea the eliminati told me that idle and paradigm are the favs for this tourney
but of course every team can loose…

in PvP

Vonethil.7160

maybe for next future tournaments u should put from the view on leaderboard team 1 on the upper bracket position 1; the second best team on leaderboard on the lower bracket last position. 3rd team from leaderboard lower bracket first position. 4th team from leader board upper bracket last position . rest teams put them random.
in this way u prevent that we have finals in the second round and third rounds….

but yea the eliminati told me that idle and paradigm are the favs for this tourney
but of course every team can loose…

I can not make a bracket based on the leaderboards due to the fact that teams that have been inactive with a high MMR will be seen as a top team which they maybe no longer are.

in PvP

Posted by: Iceflarex.6840

Iceflarex.6840

I missed the previous topics about this tournament, so I’ll just ask here. How was the qualifying for the tournament? Was it an invitational tournament or did teams just sign up at will? I would definitely sign my team up for a tournament like this later on when we start to play again. I hope we will see more tournaments like this! :-)

Batemanx
Previously named “Wifebeater”. Desolation EU

in PvP

Vonethil.7160

Rules have been updated.

in PvP

Posted by: dzindzinier.6138

dzindzinier.6138

topics about tournaments should be on top …..
i see 2 tourneys now ,are there any more serious tourneys to bump?

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

MMORPG is planning to do monthlies too.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Nord.5360

Nord.5360

So, this is tomorrow! Get excited!

Grouch

in PvP

Posted by: Sakulos.7963

Sakulos.7963

Vonethil added that @ http://binarybeast.com/xGW21304240#info

UPDATE: Semi-Finals will now be B03!

It’s Today!

[nRBL] Next Rebel guild leader

in PvP

Rerroll.9083

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: dzindzinier.6138

dzindzinier.6138

Rarroll : that picture XD

can’t wait this tourney to watch,it is like first step to e-sport….

in PvP

Rerroll.9083

#esports bump

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

this thread needs a sticky or an arenanet comment. So how long until the stream start and who’s casting?

Blackgate Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

this thread needs a sticky or an arenanet comment. So how long until the stream start and who’s casting?

Its in 2 hours and 12 minutes if my concept of time is working.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

I’ll just bump this one. I believe it is in 40 minutes, right?

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Vonethil.7160

30min left, Grouch and TehMaker.